Chapter 5 - [Seeing Without Seeing]

Blood and Fury bowed in front of their master, who was sitting in the meeting room of his home. As usual, the curtains were closed and the room was as dark as it could be.

  Master Red sat up straight on the chair, which was the only piece of furniture in that room. His sword was in front of him, the tip of the blade on the floor and his hands placed one on top of the other and on top of the hilt, as if it was a cane.

  Unlike the rest of Blood’s comrades, Master Red did not wear a mask at all times. He only wore it when it was necessary… but usually, it was off and everyone could see him and fear him.

  His blood red eyes were bright, and almost looked as if they were glowing, and his black hair was long and tied up in a ponytail, though some stands fell down his face.

  His features were sharp, with a square jawline that was covered with black stubbles. And his body was so chiseled that he looked inhumane.

  Master Red’s outfit was similar to what Blood was wearing, except Master Red also wore a long black coat with no sleeves.

  “Good news, I’m hoping?” Master Red asked. His voice was deep and frightening. It took a lot for Fury to hold back her shudder.

  Blood however, was used to it. It didn’t frighten him.

  “Yes.” Blood said. “King Karuna has promised that he will continue to trust us with all his heart.”

  “Though he hopes that we can prevent this war from starting.” Fury added.

  “Hmm.” Master Red blinked. “He’s a good man. His trust in us is never ending. We mustn’t let him down. Is that understood?”

  “Yes, Master Red.” Blood and Fury said together.

  “Sky and Faith have won the trust of most of the Northern villagers.” Blood said.

  “Excellent.” Master Red said. “Now Fury, I need you to go inform them of King Karuna’s decision.”

  “Yes, Master Red.” Fury said and bowed her head before she disappeared.

  Blood raised his own head and straightened up once she was gone, looking straight at Master Red.

  Master Red watched him carefully. “Blood… I heard you were spending a lot of time with… Meenu Kyrus.” Master Red said, his face looked serious and unhappy.

  “That’s a lie.” Blood said. “I have not been spending a lot of time with her. I see her sometimes. That is all.”

  Master Red kept his eyes on Blood. “Don’t do anything that will anger me, Blood.”

  “Yes, Master Red.” Blood said. “But… Dukaryn wants to wed her.”

  Master Red hesitated. “What?”

  Blood kept his eyes on his master. “They may get married.”

  Master Red narrowed his eyes, but then turned his head away from Blood for the first time that evening. He thought for a moment. “Return to Amberdyse and keep an eye on the King, Blood.”

  “Yes, Master Red.” Blood said before he disappeared.

  Master Red looked through the small opening between his curtains and up at the moon.

  He didn’t like the feeling that he felt deep in his gut.

  He didn’t like it one bit.

  Three days passed slowly and Meenu waited excitedly for the next time that she could see Blood.