Chapter 31 - [The Head of the Lumynos]

Hey guys!!

Please don't forget to vote if you're enjoying this!

TAKE CARE,

Luckycharms

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Lumynos messenger, known well for his remarkable speed, ran as fast as he could to the east of Raffyre, crossing the Raffyrian border and making his way into the nation of the Lumynos clan, Lumyryn.

     When the Lumynos guards that stood at the famous gate of the nation finally let the messenger in, he continued his journey to the center of the small country.

     He soon arrived at the largest and oldest mansion that existed in the country and made his way in.

     He passed the Lumynos guards who watched him carefully, knowing that their all-seeing eyes would know even before he did if he decided to pull a treacherous move. But he had nothing to fear. He was simply a messenger.

     He found the mistress of the mansion where she usually was, sitting at her garden taking care of her precious blood red roses.

     “Lady Kiaryna.” The messenger said.

     The woman didn’t look at the messenger. She continued to care for her roses, her long fingers touching the flowers without a worry about the thorns. “Good news, I hope?”

     The woman was well into her sixties, but had pitch-black hair and looked as youthful as any young woman. But it was the wisdom in her eyes that gave away her older age. Her red eyes had seen a lot in her life.

     The messenger bowed before he spoke. “Dukaryn is dead.”

     A smile graced the woman’s face as she stood up and rubbed her hands on her long, brown dress. She then chuckled. “Good. The idiot is finally dead,” she turned to face the young messenger, “it seems Avaryn has finally done something right.”

     The tall woman always seemed to make the messenger lose his words for a moment. She was so beautiful, but also so frightening. “Actually,” the messenger started, “it was Lord Seliaryn, the king’s right hand man, who killed him.”

     Lady Kiaryna's eyebrows shot up, which worried the messenger. It was hard to surprise this woman.  “Seliaryn? You mean Roviaryn’s gentle son?”

     The messenger nodded. “Yes, my lady.”

     She started to laugh, placing her hand over her mouth.

     The messenger just stared at the woman, not knowing how to react.

     “Unbelievable.” She said when she calmed down. “What possessed such a noble man to kill Dukaryn? His King?”

     “I hear it was a girl. The one who Avaryn was engaged too.”

     The woman started to laugh again, harder.

     The messenger swallowed hard. In his time working for this woman, he had learned that her laugh was even more frightening than her glare.

     Lady Kiaryna, the head of the Lumynos clan, continued to laugh for quite some time. And when she was finally finished, her smile was a happy one. "I was worried that we were going to have to intervene and force Avaryn to kill Dukaryn. But... this is good. This is very good. I think Seliaryn would make a strong king.”