Prologue - [Protector]

The moon was shining so brightly that night that the couple couldn't sleep. They sat under a tree on that quiet night, facing each other and hearing the breathing of all the others that joined them more clearly than ever.

     It was at times like this when they all looked and sounded human.

     When they were fast asleep with their eyes closed and were breathing peacefully.

     "How long must we continue?" Mina asked. She watched the man that sat across from her, the man she had fallen so in love with.

     He was plucking blades of grass from the ground and thinking deeply about something else.

     "Lumyryn?"

     He looked at her, "sorry?"

     She couldn't help but smile, "how long? How long must we continue?"

     "Not long, I hope."

     "I hope so too," Mina responded. She had a slight accent as she spoke. "I do not think many of these people can continue on for much longer."

     His eyes flickered towards the small group of people who had joined him.

     There were many people. Many.     

     Most of them red eyed like he and Mina.

     All of them wanting to escape the persecution of being a little different.

     And then his eyes fell on the child.

     The first child that he had saved from the dangerous hands of the ignorant man.

     He sighed.

     His love was right. They had to find a place to call home as soon as they could.

     These people couldn't continue on forever.

     He sighed once more before he went back to plucking the grass from the ground.

     Mina watched him. She knew well that this man always found the need to fiddle with something when he was thinking deeply. Let it be the buttons of his tunic or the grass on the floor... When his fingers were active she knew he was deep in thought.

     "What are you thinking of?" Mina asked as she crawled over to his side.

     "Hmm?" He questioned, still not paying attention. But when she rested her head on his shoulder, she had his attention.

     "What were you thinking of?"

     The young man leaned against the tree trunk, "my imagination is running wild."

     "With what?" She pushed, "what is filling your mind?"

     "Hopes... I think..."

     "Really?"

     He nodded, looking up at the moon. "A town..." He said, very softly.

     Mina took his hand in hers, showing him that he had her attention.

     "For us... A nation, even. A place just for people like us and people who accept us. So we can be safe."

     Mina smiled. 

     "Wouldn't that be nice?" Lumyryn continued. "A home for every family here... A school for children to go to... A field for them to play in... Without the fear of being ostracized."

     "That would be very nice."

     "That's what I hope to find... A place that can be our home."