Chapter 15 - [The Crying Soul]

Seliaryn got off his horse and sighed for the hundredth time that day as he walked towards the Mayors office.

     He was let into the office immediately and was greeted by the surprised face of the Mayor.

     "Seliaryn."

     Seliaryn bowed before he spoke. "I'm sorry to have to do this without any earlier notice, but the King sent me here to keep watch on you."

     The mayor raised an eyebrow. "Me?"

     "Yes. The King got news that you were sympathetic to the cause of the group called the Hidden."

     The mayor was surprised by this, but he knew he should have seen it coming.

     He wasn't worried though. He knew well that Blood and the others would hide themselves well.

     Blood probably already knew Seliaryn was here. And he probably already knew why too.

     “You have heard of this group?” Seliaryn asked.

     “Of course. I’ve been getting constant letters from the Ruby City about what had happened.”

     “About what happened with the King?”

     “Well, he was confronted by the Hidden… and challenged, am I right?”

     Seliaryn nodded.

     He didn’t suspect anything though. Because he knew there were letters going around. After all, the rest of the country had to be prepared if there was an attack on the King… especially Amberdyse, the town with the best knights.

     “That sounds about right.” Seliaryn said.

     "Well then... Welcome to Amberdyse. Please make yourself comfortable and consider this a vacation. As I have nothing to hide."

     Seliaryn smiled at that, though he hated vacations.

     "I will ask for Lord Din to get you a room in the inn."

     Seliaryn bowed. "Thank you." He said. "Please ask him to have it ready for me. Right now I'm going to head down to see the Kyrus family."

     The Mayor nodded. "As you wish."

     Seliaryn bowed once more and then left the office.

     His horse strutted down the dirt road of Amberdyse and Seliaryn smiled and nodded at the familiar faces.

     Children ran up to his horse, trying to get Seliaryn to jump down and play with them. Though he felt bad about it, he had to say no to the kids.

     He arrived at the Kyrus household soon and a smile formed on his face.

     He wondered if Meenu was home.

     He always felt welcome in the Kyrus home, even though the family wasn't too familiar with him.

     But he especially loved how welcoming and kind Meenu was. He felt that was the only upside of being stuck on a 'vacation' here.

     At least he got to see Meenu.

     The servants of the Kyrus family greeted him at the gate. Of course, they were called servants but they weren't really servants.

     Serving in the Kyrus household was considered a luxury. The servants were treated graciously by the family. And every one of them was grateful for that.