Chapter 18 - [Precious Ruby]

When Meenu’s eyes fluttered open, she was lying in the grass on her own.

     She lifted herself up quickly, wondering if Blood had left her behind. But when she looked up, she saw him awake and leaning against a tree, petting Knight's head.

     Mask off.

     Meenu smiled at him, relieved to see he was okay. "How are you feeling?" She asked as she crawled over and sat in front of him.

     "Better. But we have to talk. As you probably already figured."

     Meenu hesitated. "We do?"

     Blood nodded, looking at Meenu with his red eyes. "I have to kill you, since you've seen my face."

     Meenu raised an eyebrow and gave Blood a silly look. "Nice try."

     He chuckled. "I actually thought that would work."

     "Work?"

     "Get rid of you."

     Meenu frowned. "Why do you want to get rid of me?"

     He sighed. "You've seen too much already."

     "Well it's too late now. Now all I need to know is your name."

     Blood snorted. "I'll die the day that happens."

     Her frown deepened. "Do you expect me to live forever without knowing your name?"

     "My name is Blood."

     Meenu rolled her eyes. She'll find out one way or another. After all, he said something similar when she asked him about his face.

     And now she’s seen his face.

     "But that's not important right now." He said. "Right now, what's important is you getting the following through your head: absolutely no one can know that you've seen my face. Understood?"

     Meenu nodded. "Yeah."

     "I'm serious, Meenu. People would torture you to get my identity if they found out you know it." He said. “And I know you tell your friend Alissa things. You can’t even tell her. Do you understand?”

     "I know." She said. "I get it."

     He sighed. "If you have something you want to ask me, go ahead."

     Meenu was surprised that he figured that out so easily. But she smiled. "You're from the Lumynos family?"

     Blood nodded. "Unfortunately."

     "Why would you say that?"

     "The family is cursed, I believe."

     "Seli is–" She cut herself off when she realized Blood probably didn't like Seliaryn anymore.

     Blood smiled, knowing what she was going to say but pleased that she didn't say it. "I really don't associate myself with the Lumynos anymore."

     "Is your name on that wall in the castle?"

     He shrugged. "And I suggest you don't go looking for it. Seliaryn is probably going to mention your relationship with my group to your fiancé. He won't be happy."

     Meenu frowned when he said 'your fiancé.'

     Blood saw this and sighed. "Come here." He said, waving his hand at her.