Unrequited Love (completed)

By EJTuan

Jinyoung falls in love to his quiet and cold hearted roommate named Mark Tuan. Falling in love to a person li... More

Story Summary
Roommate
Childhood Best friend
Is it painful?
Unfortunate Accident
Disappearance
Cross the Line
The Past
Jealous
Confront
Stay with Me
An Offer
Confused Feelings
Separate Ways
Departure
Mark vs. Mark
Little Fights and First Date
It's Official
(Revised) Hometown
Reconciliation
Requited Love

Diary

3.9K 191 147
By EJTuan

It has been a month since Mark transferred to Jinyoung's dorm. Ever since Mark let out those hurtful words to the younger, Jinyoung ignored him as much as he could while Mark find it very strange because whenever they had fight or he will get mad to the younger, Jinyoung would always apologize and comeback to him happily but now it's completely different.

Mark curses himself for sleeping in one of his afternoon subjects and as a result he wasn't able to copy their new lessons and to make the situation even worse, they will be having a weekly test the next day so he really need to copy the new lesson that was tackled by their professor.

He was pacing back in forth, trying to think of some people he can approach to borrow their notes but unfortunately he only knew Jaebum and Jinyoung since he doesn't like socializing with other people in the university. He grabbed his phone from his study table and try to find Jaebum's name in his contacts, he was about to press the call button when he remembered that Jaebum was disappointed to him because of what happened to the cafeteria a month ago.

Instead of pressing of the call button, he pressed the home and tossed his phone on his bead. He ruffled his head in frustration and sat on his study table. He turned his head to look at Jinyoung's study table, he hurt the younger's feelings with his words so there's no way Jinyoung will allow him to borrow his notes.

Mark stood up and went to Jinyoung's study table, he started opening the drawers hoping that the younger left his notebooks before he left for work and he mentally jumped in happiness when he found the notebook that he was searching for. He pick up the notebook and made his way back to his study table, he sat and hurriedly copy everything he missed.

It's already 8Pm when he finished copying everything, he stretched his arms and yawned when his stomach suddenly growled because of hungriness. He stood up, pick up Jinyoung's notebook and went to the younger's table to place the notebook back to the drawer. Mark was about to close the drawer when he saw his photo that is placed between the pages of the notebook.

He frowned and slowly picked up the notebook with a blue floral design and opened it where his photo was placed. Mark started to read everything that was written on that page and he was shocked to see his name on it. He started to flip the pages of the notebook and noticed that it was Jinyoung's diary about him.

Jinyoung wrote everything in that diary, the first day he met that older until the day Mark threw hurtful words to him. The younger stops writing on his diary since that day happened. Mark read the last page that Jinyoung wrote and it was about the time when he asked the younger if it is really painful to be part of the unrequited world. Instead of answering him directly, Jinyoung wrote his answers on his diary.

"What are you doing?"

Mark was startled when he heard Jinyoung's voice and he turned around to look at the younger with Jinyoung's diary in his hands.

Jinyoung widened his eyes when he saw Mark holding his diary and he immediately snatched it from the older. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I was just putting back the notebook that I borrowed but I accidentally saw that." Mark explained.

"Then you should have just ignored it instead of reading it. Don't you know the word privacy?"

"How can I ignore it when I saw my photo in that notebook? And you even used it as a bookmark?"

"I didn't use it as a bookmark!" Jinyoung defended.

"Then what does my picture doing in your notebook? Did you use it for any love spell?" Mark asked while crossing his arms.

"For god's sake Mark I'm not that kind of person! Am I really that desperate?"

Jinyoung shook his head in disappointment and walked pass the older before he placed his diary back to the drawer beneath the other books.

He turned around to look at the Mark before he let out a loud sigh. "Did you read everything?"

Mark nodded his head.

Jinyoung gave Mark an intense glare before he speaks. "Okay. Now that you already saw and even read everything I wrote in my diary, I know you want to say something. Go ahead... I'm giving you the privilege to criticize me."

Mark was taken aback and he shook his head. "I won't do that."

"Why?"

"Look, I know I went overboard with my words last time but it doesn't mean I'm criticizing you."

"Then what does it mean? Isn't it criticizing?"

Silence.

Jinyoung just sighed when he heard nothing from the older. "Just forget about what you had read, go to sleep now. Goodnight."

He just simply drop the conversation like that as he turned around and made his way to his bed but before he can lie down, Mark suddenly speaks, he thought that Mark would answer his last question but it was far from his expectation.

"I thought your confession was just a nonsense bad joke... but after reading it, it seems like it wasn't a joke at all."

Jinyoung widened his eyes when Mark mentioned about his confession last year. Mark still remembered it, he didn't forget about it, Jinyoung thought.

"Do you... really like me that much?" Mark asked, voice so soft.

Jinyoung was shocked to hear Mark's question, he thought for a while if he should answer the older or not.

"Unfortunately, I don't like you anymore..." Jinyoung turned around to look at Mark. "...because I already love you."

Mark was not shock with the younger's answer, it was all written in the diary and he just wanted to know it from Jinyoung himself so he just nodded his head in understanding. "So I am your one sided love and you were really part of that world that you mentioned to Youngjae?"

Jinyoung blushed. "Didn't you read my diary?! Why are you asking me this kind of question? You know it's embarrassing."

"I just want to know and besides it's your fault for not hiding your diary properly."

"How come it's my fault? You're the one who go poke around my study table just to find my notes because you're sleeping in one of our afternoon's subject."

Mark turned around and sat on his bed, face turned into a very serious one. "Why can't you just stop loving me if it's too painful? Why do you need to endure the pain that you're feeling just for me?"

Jinyoung gulped and sat down on his bed. "Do I really have to answer that?"

Mark nodded his head.

Jinyoung pursed his lips and clenched his hand into a fist. It's now or never, if Mark really wanted to know everything then he's going to give him the answer that the older want's to hear. "I tried but it's not that easy to forget you, especially if we are classmates, friends, and even roommates. So instead of forgetting about my feelings for you... it's only getting deeper."

"Am I really that handsome? That you can't forget me and it even went deeper?"

Jinyoung grabbed his pillow and threw it to the older. "Handsome your face! You're so full of yourself!"

"It's true anyways." Mark muttered before he stood up. "Get up!"

Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"I'm hungry, come with me I'm going to eat outside."

Jinyoung beamed when he heard Mark wants to eat outside with him. "I'm hungry too, treat me a dinner tonight."

"Sure, no problem."

And then...

"I can't believe that I did pay all of this." Jinyoung was sulking in front of all the foods that Mark ordered.

"I told you that I left my wallet at the dorm." Mark said while eating.

"You left it on purpose!"

Mark paused and he looked at the younger who's still sulking. "Instead of sulking over the things that already happened, why can't you just eat what I have ordered?"

Jinyoung pouted, he picked up his chopsticks started digging on his food. "Don't you want to thank me for paying this and for letting you copy my notes?"

Mark shook his head. "Those things should be really done even without asking any gratitude."

"How cruel." Jinyoung mumble and continue to eat his dinner.

"It's nice that you're talking to me now."

Jinyoung suddenly lifted his head and plastered a sweet smile before he continues to eat. He thought that Mark would completely ignore him if ever the older will know about his diary, but he wasn't expecting for Mark to understand his feelings to the older and he's very thankful with that. Maybe, being friends with Mark isn't bad at all but he just can't hide the fact that he's really falling for the older.

Mark and Jinyoung were eating their lunch at the cafeteria when Jaebum and Youngjae spotted them. The two looked at each other with a frown on their faces because as far as they know, Jinyoung were ignoring the older for almost a month.

They walked towards the two, Jaebum placed their food tray on the table before they sat down in front of Jinyoung and Mark.

"Are you two... already reconciled?" Youngjae asked while pointing to the two people in front of him.

"Did we have a fight?" Mark asked the younger back.

Youngjae gave Mark a vigorous smile and he immediately shook his head.

Jaebum kicked Jinyoung's foot and that made the younger to lift his head and looked at his best friend then Jinyoung gave Jaebum a reassuring smile telling that everything is already fine now and Jaebum nodded his head before he smiled back to Jinyoung.

"I'm home!" Jinyoung shouted when he arrived at the dorm.

"My spicy rice cake!"

Jinyoung laughed as he placed the paper bag on Mark's study table. Mark stood up and walked towards the table, he opened the paper bag and started to eat the food that Jinyoung brought for him.

"Don't you want to say thank you Mark hyung?" Jinyoung said while crossing his arms, looking at whose busy Mark eating.

"Later."

Jinyoung shook his head and smile before he walked towards his bed and grabbed his towel. "I'm going to take a shower first."

Jinyoung saw Mark nodded his head before he entered the bathroom.

Mark was drinking water when his phone suddenly rang, he looked at the caller and frowned when he saw it was his mom.

"Hello mom?" Mark said as soon as he answered the call.

"Hey Markiee, can you come here in the house tomorrow?"

"For what mom?"

Mark can hear his mom giggled on the other line. "We need to celebrate something."

"Celebrate?"

"Yes, so you should come here tomorrow okay?"

"Okay." Mark muttered before he ended the call.

"Who is that?" Jinyoung asked when he saw Mark talking on the phone and it seems like the older was not in the mood after answering it.

"It's my mom."

"Aren't you happy that your mother called you?"

Mark shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe? It's rare when my mom called us to gather for a celebration."

"Celebration?"

Mark nodded his head. "I don't know what are we celebrating for but he really wants me to come."

Jinyoung walked towards his bed and sat while he's drying his hair. "Just go. You said it's rare for your mother to gather all of you for a family celebration. You should be happy that your mom planned for this event."

"How about you? I didn't notice you talking about your family, even during holidays you only stayed here. You spent your Christmas and New Year's alone, sometimes here, sometimes at Bambam's." Mark asked as he sat on his bed.

Jinyoung stiffened with Mark's question and he immediately search for an excuse. "Ah I-I'm already sleepy. Goodnight hyung."

He immediately lied down on his bed and covered his whole body with a blanket. Mark frowned and he just shrugged his shoulders instead before he followed the younger and readied himself to sleep.

"Mom?" Mark called as soon as he entered their house.

"Hyung!" Yugyeom shouted, he ran to his brother and pulled him into a tight hug.

Mark smiled and he hugged his younger brother back. "I thought you're still in Canada? When did you arrive?"

Yugyeom pulls away from the hug and dragged his brother to the living room. "I'll tell you the reason why I came back here later. I just arrived yesterday and I want to surprise you that's why I didn't tell you that I'm coming back."

Mark and Yugyeom talked for a while until their parents called them to have their lunch. Mark raised his eyebrows when he saw someone he didn't know joined them in their family lunch. After having their lunch together, they all gathered in the living room with that someone that he didn't know and his family didn't even introduce that person to him.

"Mark, I called you because Yugyeom has something to say and that is the reason why all of us gathered here to celebrate that news. I really want to tell you last night when I called you but Yugyeom said that he wants to personally tell you." Mrs. Tuan said.

"Hyung..."

Mark shifted his attention to Yugyeom whose head hang low while playing his hands. "What is it Yugyeomie?"

"I-I'm..." Yugyeom grabbed the hand of the person beside him and intertwine their fingers before he lifted his head and looked at Mark. "He's my boyfriend, Jungkook. And we will be getting married soon."

Mark widened his eyes and he looked at Yugyeom then to Jungkook then their intertwined hands and he looked at the couple back. "W-what??"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 2.1K 21
(I'll be editing this soon since I made most of the chapters in hurry so there are plenty of grammatical and spelling errors! >.<) Jinyoung is a top...
1.7K 48 31
Sa Eun a pretty 18 years old girl who goes to Seoul University. One day she bumped into a tall handsome man from a kpop idol group call Got7. His nam...
26.7K 612 20
Mark: Love ... is not something you can share. Loving someone means you should give your heart, mind, and your body to the one you love. Jinyoung: Th...
883 55 14
Mark Tuan is in love with his best friend, Jackson Wang, who already has a girlfriend, Heo Youngji. This is Mark's story, the third party. ...