Home For Fall // Emison and P...

By emisonclexa

Five years have gone by since -A was caught and the girls went separate ways. Emily joined the Army in an at... More

Deployment : Day 01
Welcome to Rosewood
Deployment: Day 14
Don't You Forget About Me
Deployment : Day 35
Got A Secret
Deployment : Day 180
Deployment : Day 184
Wakey Wakey Little Liar
Deployment : Day 273
Home
If You Loved Me, Why'd You Leave Me?
Never Go Away
Nightmares
cntrl, Alt, delete
For Whom The Bell Tolls
NOT AN UPDATE BUT EMERGENCY 101 PLEASE READ.
Every Breath You Take
A Voice Without Words
Don't You Go
I Wish You Would
Truth Be Told
Charlotte's Way
No Rest For The Wicked
Clean
Questions
Hungry For You
AttAck AttAck
Our Deal
where Are you
heArtbeAt
Voices Carry
Break And Take
Piece By Piece
Dancing In The Dark
That Taste, So Sweet Yet Bitter
The Talented Mr. Rollins & Co.
gAme over
For Whom The Bell Tolls Again
Home For Fall

Too Close

6.2K 171 121
By emisonclexa

Emily drove back to Alison's apartment from The Radley. She needed time to think and she couldn't while she was with Hanna who had begun to try to sing the alphabet song backwards.

The streets all passed by in a blur. She couldn't believe what it felt like to not be in her uniform. She felt bare. She didn't like it at all. But she certainly couldn't walk around in it. Especially when she wasn't on duty. It would just look weird.

Emily checked the time on the dashboard. 12:30. It was still too early to get Alison yet she was the one person Emily wanted to see. School didn't get out till 2:05.

She knew where she'd go. The morgue hasn't released Charlotte's body yet. If she could sneak in and take a look at the report, maybe she'd get more clues. Besides, it meant breaking into the crime lab. Whoever said Rosewood was boring?

Emily changed lanes in an attempt to turn the car around but felt an ice cold shiver run up her spine as she saw who was about to walk into the Brew.

She pulled her car over and parked in one of the spots out front of the small busy restaurant. Emily got out and felt her stomach churn.

"Paige?" she asked.

The other girl turned around and eyed Emily. Her face grew confused. "Emily?" she asked.

"What're you doing here?" Emily asked again, dumbfounded.

Paige eyed Emily's tattoo and heavily muscled arms. "I mean... I was visiting my parents. It's almost Thanksgiving, Em."

Em. That hurt Emily. She hadn't seen Paige in four years. Time really flew by. "I don't know whether or not to hug you," Emily said.

Paige smiled. "I could use a hug."

Emily walked forward and hugged the other girl who was actually her height. It felt weird, but almost normal. There were many reasons as to why they broke up in California, but neither one of them cared to think of it right now.

"Why are you here? Seeing your mom?" Paige asked.

Emily laughed. "That and I'm here for Alison."

Paige's face grew stony. "I hear she's teaching at Rosewood."

"She is," Emily said, noticing the shift in Paige's expression.

The tension involving Alison's name almost choked Emily. Paige absolutely hated her. Emily could tell she still hadn't thrown out her grudges.

"Are you here just to see her or?" Paige asked.

Emily scratched the back of her neck. She hated dealing with stuff like this. It wasn't even a love triangle anymore. It was Alison. Only Alison.

"I'm here because Charlotte was murdered. I'm being investigated, and Ali needed moral support. The other girls are here too," Emily said nonchalantly.

Paige's eyes grew wide. "You're here taking care of Alison while you're being investigated for her sister's murder? Are you crazy?"

"Excuse me?" Emily asked hotly.

"For all she knows, you killed Charlotte. The bitch deserved to die anyways, but still. She shouldn't want you to comfort her," Paige said.

"Okay, I thought you might've changed in the four years we haven't spoken, but I guess I was wrong," Emily said as she began to turn back towards her car.

"Em- Emily. Wait. Please. I'm sorry, that was rude of me," Paige said.

Emily stopped in her tracks and turned back around. "It was. You're overstepping your boundaries."

"I didn't know I had them. Not with you," Paige whispered.

Emily couldn't bear it. "I'm dating Ali. I mean, I think we are. I don't know. But we're living together, Paige. There are definite boundaries now."

Paige's face seemed to grow a deep shade of magenta. She seemed at a loss for kind words but tried her best to calm down. "How long have you two been together?"

"I just got back from Afghanistan. I don't need to be answering any more questions," Emily said.

"You were deployed? I guess the muscle and tattoos make sense now," Paige said stiffly.

"Look, I know you hate Alison, okay? But just don't anymore. We're together, we're happy. You just be happy for me. We broke up a long time ago," Emily said.

Paige scoffed. "She's a monster, Emily. She has used you time and time again. And you keep letting her. It's like you enjoy being her asswipe."

Emily stepped forward and clenched a fistful of Paige's shirt. "We're not in high school anymore. Do me a favor. Grow. Up."

She could hear Meyers' favorite words shooting out of her mouth. She absolutely loved every second of it.

"Emily, you're hurting me," Paige muttered gently as people had begun to notice Emily's grip on the other brunette.

Emily snapped out of it and let the other girl go. "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to."

"Sure you didn't. You don't mean to ever do anything," Paige said.

Emily's expression became distant. She walked back to her car and slid into the driver's seat. She had to get away. She just had to.

----------------------------------------------

"I got your text this morning. What's wrong? What did you need to talk about?" Elliot asked as he slipped into Alison's free period.

"You've got to stop doing that," Alison said.

"Doing what?" Elliot asked.

"Coming here. I can't mix my personal and professional lives. And you're supposed to be working. You have a doctorate, remember?" Alison asked.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm just her he because it was bothering me. I won't do it again," Elliot said.

Alison sucked in a breath. "Look, that girl, Emily? She's home now. She was in Afghanistan. But she's back."

Elliot narrowed his eyebrows. "And?"

"And I'm in love with her. She's living with me now. Elliot, I'm sorry. I know this isn't what you wanted. I know you never saw this coming. But Charlotte was right. I am in love with her," Alison whispered.

Elliot's eyes grew malicious. "I bet Charlotte didn't tell you the other part to her little riddle, did she?"

Alison cocked an eyebrow and sat waiting.

Elliot stood up and couldn't face Alison. He couldn't bear it.

Alison could feel the anger radiating from his turned back. "Elliot, I'm sorry."

"No, don't. Don't tell me you're sorry. You're not. I was there for you. She was gone for five years. Five years, Alison. Now she's back, and you just welcome her back like nothing's ever happened!" Rollins growled.

"You're angry, I understand," Alison said calmly.

"Do you? Do you understand Alison? I was in love with you. I actually fell for you. And you take back a mutt," Elliot said.

"What was the end of the riddle?" Alison asked, teeth clenched.

Elliot smiled sickly. His anger only poked through even more heavily. "She said that loving Emily would be your ultimate demise."

Alison was silent for a few minutes. "What does that mean?" she asked.

It was hard not to be officially spooked.

Rollins wouldn't meet Alison's eyes. "It means you will regret being with Emily. And that you shouldn't be. She's bad for you, Alison. I'm good for you."

Alison stood up and went to meet him. "You are, Elliot. You're too good for me. I never wanted to hurt you. You're a pure breed. But I harbor a secret love for the mutts."

Rollins stepped closer to Alison and lightly kissed her lips. It made Alison feel weird as his slight stubble grazed her cheek.

She had almost expected the soft, protective, dominant kiss of Emily. But it wasn't. Emily was with the girls.

"If things don't work out with her, you know where to find me," Rollins said.

"Elliot," Alison said.

"Please. Trust me when I say that Emily is not who she was when she left. Soldiers come back with a lot more than just a little sand in their boots. They bring back the war," Rollins warned.

They both turned as they heard a knock on the door's frame. Emily stood there in black jeans, a white t-shirt, and Doc Martins. "I can come back later," she said.

"No, Em. Come here. I want you to meet Elliot," Alison said.

Both Rollins and Emily began to feel a bit weird as Emily entered the classroom and stood about four feet away from the taller man. He was muscular, but not as muscular as Emily.

"So you're the doctor," Emily said as she shook his hand.

"And you're the soldier," Rollins responded disdainfully.

They stood in awkward silence for a couple of seconds before Rollins bowed his head. "I'll see you some other time, Ms. Dilaurentis."

He left the room without another word. Emily turned back to the shorter blonde who had begun to look extremely flustered.

"You're okay," Emily whispered as she pulled Alison in for a hug.

"I am now," Alison said.

Emily let her go and looked around the classroom which used to be her old English room. Alison was an English teacher now. Go figure. She loved literature and books.

"This is Ezra's old room," Emily said.

"You remember," Alison laughed.

"How could I forget? And it was only five years ago. Five years isn't a long time," Emily said.

"I don't know. For me it was. I guess Rosewood makes time seem unavoidable," Alison said.

Emily approached the blonde and kissed her lips gently. "Let's freeze time for a second, okay?" she asked.

Alison nodded and smiled against Emily's lips as she continued to kiss her deeper, her hands traveling down to the blonde's waist.

Alison touched Emily's burned, tattooed forearm which caused her to jump a little.

Alison felt along the burn marks as the brunette left a trail of kisses from Alison's lips, to her jaw, and down to her neck. She knew Emily was sensitive when it came to them. She truly had brought the war back with her.

But it was a war Alison was willing to fight too.

----------------------------------------------

(A/N So hey guys. I've been meaning to do this for a while now but haven't been able to because every time I update it's like midnight and I'm exhausted and keep forgetting! Nice run on sentence! Haha! But one of my favorite stories so far is

~An Emison Story~
    Second Chances

By Drea82581 .

It's so so good so far and you guys will love it. I know I do. So please do me a HUGE favor, and check it out. That would mean the world to me!

Also, if any of you want me to read any of your stories, let me know!! And I definitely will! I love seeing what you guys can come up with! Even if it isn't Emison and/or Sashay!

Lots of love, -EmisonFans)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 3.9K 24
17 year old Alison DiLaurentis lives a normal life in a normal town with normal parents...or so she likes to believe. 6 years ago, Alison met her bio...
24.3K 514 21
❝ The prettiest smiles hide the darkest secrets. ❞ What would happen if Emily found out her best friend and resident Queen Bee of Rosewood, Alison, i...
6.7K 132 6
After 5 years, the girls all return to Rosewood. They attempt to survive and figure out their life as they run from many threats. ~ This is my fan fi...
71.7K 2.2K 50
Highest rankings: #1- emison #1- pretty little liars Emison story Emily and Alison drifted apart from eachother but before leaving Emily made a pr...