Love is just a formula

By avaisthebomb

A romance between a young chemistry teacher, Miss Ava Athena Hunter, and a student in her last year of school... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter One

587 14 0
By avaisthebomb

&AUTHORS NOTE$
I'm kind of new to wattpad and this is my first story. There may be times when I post often/a lot, and then other times when I hardly post, and this is because I'm a student who's studying and trying to graduate with distinctions, but I'll try post at least once a week.
Don't hesitate to drop a comment about what you think and if you like this story, and if you don't then feel free to give some tips on how I can improve my writing.
Thank you and enjoy ! Xx

THALIA

I keep a steady pace, focusing on one foot at a time. Sweat drips down the back of my neck and drops from my hair, running down my face, and I breath with my mouth open, panting. Continuously I push the speed up button and push my body until I'm sprinting full out. As soon as it reads 5 miles done on the treadmill I set a hand on either side of the treadmill and lift myself off and place a foot on either side off the moving strip and hunch over with my hands on my knees, breathing rapidly and deeply to recover oxygen. Go hard or go home, as my grandpa always tells me. One of his most commonly used quotes.

I take a swig of cool water and wipe my face with a towel and head to the shower. I like this house, with its own gym. I've been working out every day since I got here a month ago and I can really feel it and see some results. What can I say, I love my adrenalin.

I dress in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a Star Wars hoodie and a pair of black all stars, along with simple eye liner and a small amount of mascara. The only times I will wear a full face of makeup is for weddings, funerals and if my parents have large fancy dinners for work that I get forced to attend. Plus It's a new school, I don't want to be noticed that much or get people calling me a cake face. I run a brush through my naturally dark long wavy hair and tie it up in a messy bun and slip on my glasses. I'm not blind so to say, but they help me see more clearly.

I grab some fruit, my book bag, my glasses for class and my bike keys. I have a car but I prefer using my bike because it's quicker, no traffic.
The drive to school is easy and I find a parking spot quickly even though the parking is full and the entrance to the high school is packet with noisy students heading inside.

At the reception I receive my timetable and check it. Maths with Mr Matthews first period, then a free followed by a double sociology class with Mr Jakob's and then another free before I have chemistry theory with Ms Hunter, and I finish at 1. Not such a bad day.

In maths the teacher revises what we did last year and explains what we will be covering this term, and I pretend to pay attention while doodling in the corner of my note pad. After maths I check the map of the school that they gave me on orientation day last week and make my way to the coffee shop.

"Hi dear, how may I help you?" The lady at the counter asks smiling sweetly.

"Hello Sally," I say smiling and glancing at her name tag to read her name,"can I please have a latte?"

"Sure honey, that'll be $2," she says and I hand her the notes and wait for my coffee.

"You know," a voice says and I turn to my left and see a rather charming guy leaning on the counter next to me,"studies show that coffee is very bad for you." I turn and lean on the counter to mimic his pose. I tilt my head slightly.

"And studies show that I don't care," I say with a cocky smirk, tilting my head.

"As you shouldn't," he says grinning and ordering a latte. I take my coffee and head over to the nearest table and take a seat, both not caring and not wondering if the guy will follow and join me.

"So, what might your name be Miss Star Wars?" The guy from before says as he slides into the seat opposite me.

"Who wants to know?" I ask.

"My name is Cade," he says, offering a hand across the table.

"Hello Cade, nice to meet you,"I say shaking his hand. He gestures for me to introduce myself.

"The name is Thalia," I say.

"What a lovely name," he says,"rhymes with Failure though," he then wonders out loud, grinning smugly.

"As if I was unaware of that fact," I roll my eyes and sip my drink.

"Sorry,"he chuckles and I smile but roll my eyes,"so you're new?" He goes on to ask. He asks me a few questions about the pervious places I've lived and the previous schools I've been too and I ask him questions like what classes he's taking and what he does in his spare time. It's not awkward small talk, he actually pays attention to what I'm saying and listens and asks questions with a genuine attitude.

When it's time for class we head inside and he heads to economics and I head to sociology, and he introduces me to his girlfriend, named Elsa, who apparently takes the same classes as me. So turns out Cade was just genuinely interested in being my friend. Elsa is cool and I can see why Cade would date her. She's sweet and funny and has an adorable evil side. Sociology was funny and interesting and the teacher, Mr Jacobs was so funny. These two girls, who I get the feeling I'm going to hate, Camille (a girl who thinks she's  the best thing to walk the earth) and Hannah (gorgeous but sadly a shallow bitchy girl), wouldn't shut up and stop talking about themselves and the teacher kept shutting them down, which was hilarious.

After sociology, Elsa showed me to the chemistry theory lecture room and we took seats at the front. Cade came in and stole his girlfriend away, which I didn't mind because I mean I'm just a new friend and he's been her loyal boyfriend for a year. They went and made out at the back while I started sketching and working some more on my art project that I was working on by myself. It was a drawing of a dolphin, swimming around a tunnel of light. I was to busy carefully sketching to even notice a young women come in.

"Wow that's amazing," a soft voice says over my shoulder and I jump, startled.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," the voice laughs softly.

I look up and my breath catches in my throat. Her skin is tanned and smooth looking, her eyes are captivating and dark, her jaw line is perfect and her cheek bones are defined, but in a healthy strong way. Her hair is dark chocolates brown and long and wavy, her lips look so perfect. Oh my god I must be looking at a goddess, I think.

"Thank you," I say smiling shyly, remember that she complimented my work. I feel weird, I'm never shy.

"And what is your name," she asks as she walks around my desk to her own desk and leans over it and fishes the register and a pen from her bag. I get distracted momentarily as the clothing of her skirt stretches over the curve of her tight, but big (not to big), ass. I gulp and cross my legs tightly. If she's my teacher I'm dead, but she obviously is my teacher or her books wouldn't be behind the teachers desk and she wouldn't be dressed in the classical tight skirt and loose tucked in white blouse. She turns and glances up at me but I have to recover myself so she wouldn't catch me staring at places I shouldn't be staring at, especially if it's A:my teacher and B:a women. Straight women. Well I'm guessing she's straight.

"Thalia," I say. She holds eye contact for a moment longer then necessary, and a small sly smile melts across her face and little dimples appear at the corners of her lips. My chest flutters.

"I love that name.." She murmurs and finds it on the register.

"Thanks.. I think.. I mean I didn't give it to myself.." I say blushing (which is something I hardly ever do), and then Remember I'm talking shit again and swear at myself to stop talking in my head. She laughs.

"So do you do art?" she questions walking back over to me and perching on the the corner of my desk.

"No miss, it's a hobby," I say trying to not breath to deeply due to her intoxicating perfume.

"Well it's amazing, I'd definitely pay for something like that." She says, and I smile softly, feeling proud.

"Are you new to this school?" She asks.

"Yes miss...?" I trail off trying to
remember what it said her surname was on my timetable.

"It's Miss Hunter," she says, helping me out.

"Thank you, and what about you Miss Hunter?"

"I'm new too," she answers.

"I mean no bad by this, but you seem very young for a chemistry teacher," I comment truthfully. There's no way she's over the age of 27. She chuckles and takes it as a compliment, which is sort of what I meant it as.

"I was worked hard at school, didn't party or go out much, had like 3 friends, and finished school just as i turned 16. Then went straight to college and finished a chemical engineering degree in 4 years, a year early, and then worked in a lab at a university as an assistant for a year and then as a chemist for a year, then I worked in a chemical plant for a year and then took a small teaching degree using some of the money I made in my previous jobs and now I'm taking a break by teaching chemistry, so yes I am quite young. But age is just a number isn't it?" She says, and I listen, getting quite impressed. She's so young but already achieved and done so much. She must of worked super hard.. I really look up to that..

"Wow that's amazing," I say raising my eyebrows, voicing my thoughts. In my head I work out that she must be 26 or 27 years old.

"Thank you," she says reaching back and tying her hair up into a pony and my gaze flickers to the curve of her neck and her jaw.. Focus Thalia, focus.

"And what do you want to be?" She asks and I try to catch a sensible train of thought. Luckily I find my words and I don't look like a complete moron.

"I'm looking at going into neuroscience," I say.

"Interesting,"she says nodding and raising her eyebrows,"is there a reason?"

"Well my mom is a brain surgeon, so I've grown up hearing all about how the brain works and my dad has a few chemical businesses so I've also grown up hearing a lot about chemicals, and also I'm a bit of a nerd so I read a lot, and it really interests me," I say and slowly pack away my art stuff so I pay more attention to this sexy women I am to have as my teacher.

"Ahh okay that makes sense,"she says cocking her head, "your parents sound like quite big shots,"She notes too.

"Yeah.." I nod, slipping my stuff into my bag.

"I'm assuming you don't see them much?"

"Well my dad travels a lot but spends most of his time in Paris and my mom moved to Paris to be closer to him more often so she works as a surgeon in a top hospital there," I say.

"How come you don't live there with them?" She asks the obvious question, her brows farrowing, which is kind of cute.

"They were never home to look after me anyways so it didn't make a difference where I lived, so I lived down in a town in Italy with my dads parents, my grandparents and they raised me for a bit, but my gran got very sick and my grandpa had to look after her so I moved to London to live with my aunt and little cousins. Now because I'm old enough to live by myself I moved here and my dad brought me an apartment and I got a job so I'm experiencing being sort of independent," I say summarizing pretty much my story.

"That's pretty cool, I mean moving around all the time must suck but living by yourself is awesome," she says. We talk throughout the entire free until it's time for her class and the students file in. She winks at me and goes to her desks and starts get her stuff for our class ready. I watch her and smile shyly. God she's so.. So memorizing. And speaking to her.. I felt safe. Like she was actually hearing me, noticing me and seeing me as more then just another troubled teenager. I mean I know I don't look like other 17 year old girls, I don't show off my body, I don't dress in girly frilly things or in bright colors. I don't wear tons of makeup and pretty much all my friends are guys. But still, she wasn't like the other teachers or adults who have forgotten what it's like to be a kid struggling to understand what this life is.

"Good day," she says loud enough for everyone to hear and sit down. I notice how all the guys are checking her out and raising eye brows and smirking at each other, and how all the girls roll their eyes at their behavior.

"My name is Miss Hunter and I shall be your chemistry-both theory and practical-teacher this year." She says, and I note how upright and firmly she carries herself.

She goes on to explain what we shall be covering this year and I note how she shuts down anyone who whispers to one another. She's being strict to gain respect, and I can understand why. If she doesn't act powerful and intimidating no one will take her seriously.

20 minutes into the class and she gives us a mini quiz by asking general knowledge questions on chemistry, and I figure out the smart kids. There's Ben,  the kid who looks like he's good at anything academic, Elsa but she's not competitive, and this girl who's Called Isabella who glares at anything who answers a question and who's hand is always up in the air. She got very annoyed at me when I corrected an answer of hers, and soon the whole class was laughing at Isabella glowering at me every time I answered a question and soon it's just seems to be between me and Isabella, and I continue because it's entertaining. But also because this bitch is starting to just plain out annoy me.

"Okay okay girls, I think that's enough," Miss Hunter says, trying to hide her amusement. She glances at the clock on the wall and let's the class go 5 minutes early. I however, having nothing better to do, stay behind. So does Isabella, but she skips forward and starts talking to miss Hunter.

"Miss, is there any extra work for me to do?" She asks, I raise my eye brows and fold my arms and slide back to my chair and smirk. This girl has to be joking.

"Uhh it's a little early for that, but read ahead if you really wish," Miss Hunter says smiling kindly.

"Okay miss, and if you ever need a TA let me know, I'm top in the grade in chemistry and I would love to help,"she says.

"Okay Isabella," miss Hunter says, smiling. Isabella turns and walks past me with serious attitude and gives me a smirk. I just follow her with my gaze, my face unchanging, my eyebrows raised.

"Stop it," Miss Hunter says as soon as Isabella is out the door.

"Stop what?"I say smiling naughtily.

"You know what," she says, shaking her head but smirking and she starts to slowly pack away her stuff.
I get up and swing my bag over my shoulder, and start towards the door.

"Wait," she says and I pause, looking over my shoulder back at her,"I might need a TA, would you like to help? It would score you points on your report cards..?"

"I would love to," I say smiling, trying to stop myself from smiling to much like an idiot but inside my heart pounded with excitement.
"Although Isabella might not be to happy about that," I say smirking.

"Well it's not my fault she didn't catch my eye first," Miss Hunter says, and it's a good thing she can't see my face as I turn away because I swear my eyes light up and I bite my lip and my face flushes from a blush.

"Goodbye Miss Hunter," I say throwing one last smile her way before heading out and towards the parking. That night I could hardly focus on sending my grandparents and parents emails telling them that I'm fine and living arrangements are great and safe and school is gonna be good, and a few other emails to my aunt in Australia and my other aunt in London along with my friend Dante in Italy.

I fall asleep and the smile lingering on my lips as I drifted off was all to do with my new chemistry teacher.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 12.5K 26
Xena is tough. She can handle switching around a few of her classes in the middle of her senior year. What she can't handle? Falling in love with a t...
142K 3.2K 18
COMPLETED STORY Serena Jade is your average teenager, she's got a boyfriend, and her best friends and she couldn't think of a better way to start ye...
36.8K 795 31
Everything happens when Erica Johnson moves to another country to study, everything seems normal until she finds out about her new teacher that later...
73.2K 2.5K 48
She thought he was her college professor. Reality check: he was anything but. ~~~ 🖤 ~~~ Ellora Davis is an average college student, naive of the dan...