Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

69 Wash day

26 1 1
By Mysi85

Thoughtfully, Yuna walked home in the evening. It was about time, that she thought about the future of her hunt. Eventually, she would have to hunt alone. To constantly rely on Yoshiro slowed her down. He hunted for different reasons then herself anyway. For him, it was a mean to keep his community a secret, but she wanted to protect mankind. She needed to become stronger in order to destroy Tirr.

There had to be a way in which she could track the Oni better. To wait until something happened, was way too inefficient. She should google about this on occasion. Someone may have the same problem somewhere in the wide of the Internet. It was almost impossible, that there were no others like her. Yoshiro had only encountered her father and herself so far.

She should come up with a strategy for hunting. Did she want to shoot or fight them with the sword? How should she transport her equipment? The sword and the Wakizashi on the belt? A leg holster for a gun?

For close combat spoke that the beasts mostly attacked her upfront, and with her invulnerability she was most likely adequately protected. The girl sighed. Only experience would show her the way.

To use the shotgun on the previous day had indeed been fun, but the recoil and noise emissions spoke clearly against it. Definitely not her first choice. The assault rifle was alright, but it was too big to carry it concealed. She could hardly run through the city, armed to the teeth like a soldier in a war.

Yoshiro's unobtrusive armament was quite understandable.

The huntress switched her thoughts to other things. What power could Shinji Shiba possess? She should have asked him. She remembered that she was expected on Monday for the memorial rites for her family. Perhaps she would meet Shiba-san then. And could ask him about his power.

She shook her head. That was enough about her hunter existence. So, tomorrow was Saturday and the Wakamino concert was coming up. She was excited to see what the band had to offer. However, she really needed some clothes. She had to do her laundry. If she could ask Ayumi for help?

The girl snorted amused. She pretty surely had to fight Ayumi's plans for her. The redhead had certainly thousand ideas on how she wanted to spruce Yuna for Wataru.

Sometimes it seemed to the huntress as if she was almost forced to fall for the singer. That she couldn't consult her own feelings didn't make it easier for her.

The front door of the pension came into her field of vision. The girl stopped. How long had she been on the road? Was she running? Yoshiro had mentioned that she had become faster. Another problem. Among humans she had to behave inconspicuously.

Yuna pulled out her key, opened the door, and went inside. Behind herself she closed the door well-behaved, took off her shoes and put them in her shelf compartment. It smelled of food. Pizza, to be exact. Who was in the kitchen? Only one way to find out.

As the huntress walked in, she found Ayumi sitting at the table and writing something on her cell phone.

"Hey," greeted Yuna.

The redhead looked up. "Well, hello. Everything cool?"

"So far, so good." The younger one remained somewhat irresolute in the doorway.

"Surely, you have smelled the pizza in the oven and got hungry," smirked Ayumi.

"Am I that easy to read?"

"Sometimes. You can have half of it, then I don't have to work out too hard in the gym."

The blue-haired grinned. "How generous of you."

"Yeah, I care about my little sister." Yuna drew in a sharp breath. "I didn't mean it like that!" Ayumi exclaimed with wide eyes and put her phone aside. "Seriously."

"No. You're right." Uncomfortable, the girl rubbed her left arm and looked to the floor. "I have not visited her once, since I fled from the hospital."

"I really didn't mean it like that!" insisted Ayumi.

Yuna lifted her gaze to see her roommate. "It's fine. I believe you."

The redhead tried to change the subject. "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Shrugging, the huntress answered, "I should wash my clothes."

"We have a wash machine in the room  across from Nakamura-san's room."

"Cool. Then I'll throw my laundry in the machine."

The older one lifted her left eyebrow. "Do you have the slightest idea how to do laundry?"

"No. But it can't be that difficult," grumbled the girl while she shrugged once more.

Ayumi touched her forehead. "Blue, I will show you how to do that. Otherwise you will break our wash machine."

"Yeah, sure."

An indiscreet beeping came across from the oven. The redhead lifted herself up to get her dinner.

"Never mind," said Yuna, walked over to the oven and opened it. She reached in and pulled the hot plate out with her bare hand.

"My God. You don't get burnt?" gasped Ayumi.

The huntress looked at her askance. "Invulnerable. You know what that means, right?"

"Yeah, but this is freaking me out."

The blue-haired came over and wanted to place the plate on the table.

"Wait! We need an underlay, otherwise you'll burn the table. It is not invulnerable." Yuna smiled wide. "Of course, you have to grin at this point."

The young woman jumped up and grabbed a couple of potholders, which she put on the table. Then Yuna placed the plate on it. Ayumi picked up a knife to cut the pizza. With a grimace, she tried to fix the pizza with a finger.

"Let me do that." The huntress took the knife, squeezed the pizza with a finger on the plate and quartered it.

The redhead coughed. "That may be convenient, but I guess that such demonstrations of your abilities are disturbing for strangers. You better be careful, when you use your powers."

The girl snorted. "Yes, Mama."

"Honestly. You can't pull a stunt like that in public."

"Chillax."

Conjuring the older one raised her finger. "Yuna-chan, I say this in your best interest. You have to be careful who you entrust your secret to."

The huntress rolled bored with her eye. "Otherwise, the men in black come and kidnap me. All clear." The girl took a slice of pizza and started eating.

"Fine. The teenager, of course, knows better." Ayumi had, despite her obvious annoyance, to smile. "Somehow it's nice to have someone with whom I can quarrel again."

"You say it."

After dinner Yuna dragged her dirty laundry to the wash room. There was not much to carry, since she possessed almost no clothes at the moment, or they had been destroyed already. Ayumi waited for her.

"That's all?" she asked surprised.

"Yeah."

The redhead burrowed once through the heap. "You have nothing else?"

"No. At least not here."

"What are you going to put on tomorrow?"

The blue-haired reached into her bag and pulled out her with dried blood soiled, black jeans.

"I doubt that they'll ever get clean again."

"It's worth a try. And if I want to be a really bad girl, I'm gonna put on my torn T-shirt. That's fashionable, right?" With a smirk, the blue-haired looked at her roommate.

"I'll give you something from my things."

"Can't say I didn't expect that. And I'm pretty sure you have something in your mind to set me up with Wataru."

"Well, fine feathers make fine birds, gal."

The girl sighed. "Now listen. I want to go slow at this. Right now I don't want a boyfriend. I have no time for that."

"Even if. When it happens, it happens. No use fighting it, if you ask me."

Yuna groaned. "I don't even know if I have feelings for him."

"I can see it. The way you look at him. I know that look," Ayumi assured her.

"Sure. So I should rely on you that you've got that covered. I know your ex-boyfriend. I'm not sure if you really know what you're talking about."

The older one shrugged. "I won't force you to anything, okay? If you don't like my suggestions, let it be."

"Good." The blue-haired turned towards the machine. "So, how does this thing work?"

Ayumi held a monologue about the washing machine. Because of the few garments it was pointless to sort them, so they just stuffed everything at once in the machine. However, the redhead explained that one should wash the pieces separated by color because of possible discoloration. In addition, one had to take the material into consideration, because different materials needed to be treated differently.

Yuna's head hurt from all the uninteresting information. Suddenly Wataru stuck his head in through the door.

"Hey girls. What are you up to?"

The women both turned around to face him. "Washing," they answered synchronously.

Thoughtfully he rubbed his chin. "Damn. I should do that too."

"How was your rehearsal?" asked Ayumi.

"It was okay. Kaito has once again screwed up in "Through Glass", but he does that always. Guess it's his way to hate on the song." He shifted his gaze on the younger roommate. "You'll come tomorrow, right?"

The blue-haired stared at him for a couple of seconds. So far he never had asked her to come to his show. Slowly she turned her view on Ayumi, who answered, "Sure. But we need to go shopping in the afternoon. You still got the cash from her uncle, right?"

"Erm... yes?"

"Give it to me. We'll go shopping and do some wellness. And in the evening we'll see you in the Pitstop."

Wataru hesitated. "Weren't we going to return it to him?"

"No, we were not," intervened Yuna.

"Okay. I'll give you a part of it. The rest we put in our flat piggy bank."

"We haven't got one," reminded Ayumi.

The musician smiled broadly. "We have as of now. We can buy pizza from it, or something like that."

"Sounds kind of reasonable," spoke Yuna.

"Great."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

947 62 50
The Tale of Yuuko Tamaya Part One A high-school yuri (girls-love) romance. After the absolute-worst experience of her young-adult life, Yuuko...
173 43 36
The devil is him...and she fall in love with the devil him self. • ~~~~~~~ • Zhyke Yakuri, daughter of a great swordsman and...
3.7K 158 20
Full Title: Underneath the Bastardity, Mysogyny, and Asshole-lity, Lies a Kind Heart Asakura Hayaru was a kind person... well, was if it involves wom...
278 0 24
"Yui, have you ever done this once in your life?" "I have, but with someone else. I want this with you, only you." Yui is a 19 year old girl looking...