An Unbreakable Bond

Galing kay Shakespeare169

Annabel is a single mother, struggling with everyday life, until her baby mysteriously disappears. Follow her... Higit pa

Chapter 1 - Burning Love
Chapter 2 - Compatible Partner
Chapter 3 - War Zone
Chapter 4 - Security
Chapter 5 - The First Touch
Chapter 6 - Imagination
Chapter 7 - Meddling Family
Chapter 8 - An Evening with a Gentleman
Chapter 9 - An unforgettable Night
Chapter 10 - Revelations
Chapter 11 - A Welcome Release
Chapter 12 - Media Frenzy
Chapter 13 - The Right Side of the Family
Chapter 14 - Solitude
Chapter 15 - Surely Not?
Chapter 16 - A Lost Love
Chapter 18 - Time For Taylor
Chapter 19 - The Anger Within
Chapter 20 - Threads of Time
Chapter 21 - Blood Lines
Chapter 22 - A Mother's Love
Chapter 23 - The True Identity
Chapter 24 - The Family I Longed For
Chapter 25 - Reliving the Nightmare
Chapter 26 - The Truth of the Matter
Chapter 27 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 28 - Miranda Rights
Chapter 29 - Rocking the Boat
Chapter 30 - The Island
Chapter 31 - The Last Meeting Place
Chapter 32 - Into The Manor
Chapter 33 - One Lost, One Found
Chapter 34 - The Final Resting Place
Chapter 35 - Epilogue
Chapter Guide

Chapter 17 - The Final Goodbye?

937 27 3
Galing kay Shakespeare169

It has been almost a year. A year of thinking Aaron walked out on me. A year of hating him. Now, this, and Taylor missing, my world has officially crumbled. I couldn't think straight. I was almost drowning in my own tears. I wanted to hit Mike for telling me. Claire held me tight, and as I tried to see through my tears, I could see Mike stood there, with his head in his hands.

I released my grip from Claire and stood up, and walked over to Mike, taking his hand.

"Why me?"

"I'm so sorry Annabel, I know you deserve none of this, but you don't deserve to not be told. I have done this so many times and it never gets any easier."

He held me as tightly as Claire did. I don't know how long he held me, but it felt like years. Crying uncontrollably in to his chest. I could hear Claire behind me fighting back the tears. Mike pulled away and asked me to sit down so he could explain everything.

"Why didn't anyone tell me Mike?"

"I can't give you that answer Annabel. When I took that phone call back at the hospital, when Paul came to visit, did he not say anything at all? You said it was him that introduced you both?"

"He told me that he hadn't spoke to Aaron since the party, when we first met. He was only his friend, so he may not have been close to his family. He may not even know himself about this."

"You told me that shortly after Aaron left, your auntie and uncle gave you a hard time about falling pregnant, which made you leave? And in the first interview, with the chief inspector, you told us that they didn't know where you went? So maybe, that is why nobody told you? Look, I know how hard this is for you, but maybe they wanted to let you know. Aiming your anger towards people who may have tried, won't help the situation."

"How did this even happen?"

"It appears that the car Aaron was driving, was hit by another, head on. The driver of the other car was found to have had traces of alcohol in his system, and was driving on the wrong side of the road."

"You said he died at scene? Do you know if it was instant?"

"From the reports I got, it appears that was the case, so he didn't suffer. He had a passenger, Annabel."

"Somebody else?"

"Edith Peterson. His grandmother. She was also pronounced dead at the scene."

"So that means..."

"It means that the Edith we are looking for, is not Aaron's grandmother."

"I want to go and see Aaron's grave. I have to see it for myself."

"Right now, you need to rest. Tomorrow, we will see. Tomorrow, we go and get Taylor."

"I don't want to rest."

"Annabel, we are all going to need to be fully rested for this. You look just as tired as I do. Claire, can you stay with her for the night?"

"Absolutely. I'm not going anywhere."

"Annabel, please rest. I'm sorry that I had to come straight out with all of this, but from now on, there are no secrets. You have been through enough already. I will be here, first thing in the morning, and I want to bring someone else in on this case who you will meet tomorrow."

Claire walked Mike out, as I lay back on the bed. I didn't have a drop of liquid in me to cry anymore tears, but it didn't stop the pain. What small fragment of heart I had left, had now broken. To lose the two people I love most in this world was ripping me apart inside.

"Annabel"

Is this why I was getting these dreams?

"Annabel"

My eyes were so sore from the crying. I don't want to sleep, but I need to close them for a few minutes.

"Annabel"

"Aaron! You're back. You're early?"

"Thought I would surprise you babe."

I jumped into his arms before he could even get through the door.

"I missed you so much Annabel. I decided to get a flight a day early. The rest of the guys had paid to stay an extra two nights, and it was getting boring."

"So you thought you would spend the last day of your holiday with me. I'm so happy you're back. We need to talk though."

"I hope nothing bad happened?"

"Come in. You may as well go in the living room, there is nobody else home. I'll just get some drinks."

I went into the kitchen, and my heart was racing. I've only known for a couple of days, but I spent those days wondering how to tell to Aaron. So many times I have rehearsed it in my head, not knowing what his reaction is going to be. I guess I best get this over with.

"So what's on your mind Annabel?"

"Aaron, I love you so much. I never want to be with anybody else, but you."

"I never want it to be any different, but you're scaring me now?"

"Aaron....You're going to be a daddy."

I don't know why, but I expected him to walk out. I was fixed to his face, waiting for an expression, waiting for his lips to move and say something. It was the longest few seconds of my life, and then he smiled. A tear rolled down my cheek with happiness. Just seeing him smile at the news was amazing. He stood up and hugged me.

"Annabel, I'm honestly speechless, in a good way. Are you sure you're pregnant?"

"Yes. I have done two tests. They are positive. I'm going to see a doctor to be certain, but, yes, I am sure."

"I'm going to be a daddy!!!!"

He picked me up and started dancing around the room with me, singing and laughing. All this time I was worried he would flip out and leave. We're going to be a family. The guy of my dreams.

"I also want to ask something else Aaron."

"Tell me anything you want."

"I was thinking we could move in together. You know, be a real family?"

"Annabel, I don't think I'm ready for that yet."

"I don't want our baby to have two homes. I want this to be perfect."

"Look, when it gets nearer to the date, then we can arrange something, but right now, I'm just not ready."

"Why? You're going to end up leaving me!"

"Annabel, stop spoiling this moment. I'm not going to leave you."

"Then why can't we live together!?"

"Annabel, please, stop shouting at me."

"Just go Aaron!! Come back when you are ready to take responsibility!"

"You are being unreasonable Annabel. Look, I'm going to go and clear my head. I have to go and pick my grandmother up, then I'm going to go drive around after I drop her off, and let you calm down. I'll see you later, and then we can talk."

I was so angry at him. Maybe I was being unreasonable, but maybe I have a right to suggest we live together.

Just as he was about to walk out the door, I didn't feel so good. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. Something was telling me to stop him.

"Aaron!! Wait."

"What now Annabel?"

"Please, you can't go."

"You need to calm down. I will come back later, we can go to my place, and then we can talk."

"No, I have a bad feeling something is going to happen."

"I love you Annabel, nothing is going to happen."

"You don't understand Aaron. I just had an image of you in an accident. Why won't you listen to me!!"

"Annabel, get off my arm! You are being ridiculous now. I will see you later."

He pulled his arm away and walked out the door. I was frozen to the spot as I watched him walk down the path and get into his car. Just as he drove off, I ran out to the road, screaming, but he didn't hear me. I fell to my knees, as I watched the man I love drive away. Forever.

"Please Aaron!!! Please stop!!! I love you!!!"

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
557K 6.6K 26
Lost, Lose (Loose Trilogy #1) She's a girl of hope, Lisianthus Yvonne Vezina. A teen-year-old girl who focused on her goal... to strive. But everyth...
56.5K 1.4K 9
مافيا - حب - قسوه - غيره renad231_5 مرت سنه والقلب ذابحهه الهجر ومرت سنه والهجر عيا يستحي الروايه موجوده في انستا : renad2315