The Unknown Doppelganger

By FanFicLaura

A new arrival has appeared in Mystic Falls to interrupt the known line of Doppelgangers: Amara, Tatia, Kateri... More

Dalia Petrova
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirtheen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Three

14.8K 404 20
By FanFicLaura

Dalia strut through the halls of the high school, she passed by many students thought didn't pay any attention to them. The school was typical to any other, not that she tended to visit many, but she wasn't dilly-dallying around to get a feel for the place, she was looking for somewhere specific and it wasn't long until she found it. Making her way into the office, she strolled to the receptionist and put on her best, fake sweet smile.

Hearing the footsteps, the receptionist looked up from her computer, and a smile formed on her lips to match that of Dalia's. "Ms. Gilbert, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I know this might sound a little silly but I've misplaced my schedule" she began, faking an embarrassed look on her face. "I know you'd think I'd have it memorized by now, but things have been a little stressful" she lied smoothly, her expression softening which of course worked to get sympathy from the lady.

"Oh that's okay dear, I'll print you off another" the woman assured her as she began typing onto her computer and in less than two minutes Dalia held Elena's schedule in her hands.

"Thanks so much" she smiled before turning on her heels and walking away. Once her back was turned the smile fell from her lips, lying was easy for her but she didn't like having to pretend to be nice. It wasn't really her thing. Looking down at what Elena had Dalia made sure to avoid it, so there wouldn't be two 'Elenas' in a class. Plus it would be easy to hide down the back of some other class without a teacher noticing her and if they did, well she would lie of course. Turning the corner she entered one of the classrooms, not yet in session. A smirk came to her lips as she saw Caroline and walked over to her. "Hey Caroline"

"Elen?" Caroline was about to question before pausing. "Oh, it's you... Daria?" she pretended to guess, saying the wrong name purposefully.

"Dalia" she corrected her abruptly.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked, trying to be sassy though it had no effect on Dalia. "Stefan told me about you..."

"All good things I hope" Dalia replied sarcastically as she took a seat behind Caroline. "So Elena's in French right now?"

"Yup" Caroline said, popping the p already fed up with the conversation.

"The language of love" she said sarcastically rolling her eyes. "So... which of the guys around here are free?" she asked sitting back in her chair

"A lot" Caroline said "But none that would date you" she remarked

"And why not?" she asked "I mean if someone dated you they must have been desperate, for me it would be a treat" she smirked

Caroline turned in her seat looked back at Dalia, shocked.

"What? Not expecting someone to talk back" Dalia teased "Listen Caroline, I may be a human. But I'm much smarter than you and I've survived a lot longer on my own, than you have with your little friends. You don't want to get on my bad side" she both threatened and advised the blonde before sitting back in her chair. Caroline felt her sassiness slip away and instead was replaced with a face of worry and paranoia as she turned back to face the board and slumped down in her seat. At the end of class Dalia got up from her seat and stood in front of Caroline's desk while she was bending down to her bag. Once she looked up a light gasp left her lips not expecting to see Dalia directly in front of her. "Tell Stefan I'm looking for him" Dalia said before turning to leave.

"Why would I do anything for you" Caroline scoffed.

Dalia stopped in her spot and spun around slamming her hands on Caroline's table which caused Caroline to jump slightly surprised at the sudden noise. "Even though you're a vampire you're more afraid of me than I am of you" Dalia taunted menacingly. "All I'm asking is you tell him, I don't want trouble... so stop looking for some" she warned her before moving her hands and finally exiting the class.

Lunch soon rolled around and Dalia was walking through the halls looking for Stefan, she passed many people that confused her for Elena. Which was expected but she just ignored them and kept walking. Dalia was walking to the locker she'd taken when she was pushed. She looked around she was in the supply closet, in front of her was Damon. Dalia smirked "How's the crotch?" she queried crossing her arms over her chest.

"Just dandy" he replied sarcastically, giving her his fake smile.

Leaning up against the wall she spoke again "Any reason you're here, I mean you don't exactly look like a student"

"Oh and you do miss 363?" he said walking back and fourth.

"You know I hate it when questions don't get answered Damon" Dalia huffed, before leaning back against a bare wall and inspecting her nails.

"I got an interesting call from Caroline" he said raising his eyebrows.

Dalia laughed and shook her head "I didn't touch a single hair on that blonde head of hers. All I did was make her jump in her seat. I'm human Damon, what could I do?" she teased, reference his statement from last night.

Damon blurred over to her and grabbed her by the throat for a second time. "Exactly you are human and don't forget it or I'll remind you" he said then released her quickly.

Dalia rubbed her throat, an annoyed look on her face. "What is your problem?" she asked, "All I asked was she tell Stefan I was looking for him"

"Well Stefan can't handle you like I can" he informed her.

Dalia laughed. "The almighty Damon can handle a human, where's the party?" she said as she threw her arms in the air and looked around the supply closet. Damon took a step closer to her and his eyes narrowed. Dalia huffed "Damon, I'm not going back to the boarding house" she said putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes you are" Damon said matter of factly then grabbed her arm firmly to start walking towards the door.

Dalia pulled her arm from his grip "Damon I'm warning you"

"Oh please. Human, vampire, who's gonna win?" he asked pointing between the two of them.

"I'm a special human" she smirked fed up with him and his attitude. Being pulled and bossed around was something she certainly wasn't used to; that was what she did to others, not what others did to her and she didn't like that the roles were being reversed.

"Yes you're the third doppelganger big deal" he said rolling his eyes before he grabbed her arm again "Now come on we're going to the house"

Dalia gave him a look and he fell to the floor grabbing his head in pain "I told you Damon, I'm special" she nodded as he groaned on the ground in pain. Dalia inhaled and stopped causing him to feel pain.

He looked up at her confused. "Bonnie... Bonnie does that" he said catching his breath, he knew that feeling, it was an aneurysm that witches could cause vampires to have.

"Guess what? I do it too" she smirked crouching down beside him "Shh" she teased putting her finger on her lips, as if to keep it a secret.

Damon pulled her under him in one hast movement. "What else can you do?" he asked, looking down at her. The supply closet door flew open, Damon glanced over at it and grinned at her before she closed it again.

"I'll tell you more after school" she said with emphasis on the after. She gave Damon a quick aneurysm so he moved off her. She got up, she turned towards him. "Here's your keys" she said throwing them at him "Pick me up after school"

After school...

Dalia was walking outside cutting through the field rather than having to walk around the long way via the path. While walking she saw Damon waiting by his car in the parking lot. She started to walk towards him, putting her head down to get her sunglasses out of her bag. With her gaze cast downwards while she rooted through her bag someone bumped into her side and she fell to the ground. "Hey!" she chastised annoyed, looking up at who had knocked her own.

"Hey dude you weren't looking where..." the guy started then he looked down at her "Oh Elena sorry" he said quickly offering her a hand. "Here let me help you" he said holding out his hand. Dalia smiled seductively at him before taking his hand.

"By the way Tyler I'm not Elena" she informed him with a smirk.

"Katherine?" he presumed with knotted brows.

"Nope not her either" she continued to smirk. Glancing to the side she saw Damon was making his way over and so she looked back at Tyler "I'm Dalia" she said "Nice to meet you" she smiled holding out her hand. Tyler shook it hesitantly.

"You know my name" he nodded, seeing no need to introduce himself again.

"I do indeed" she smirked "So Tyler, a hybrid, that's interesting"

"Wh...what ?" he asked, pretending as if he didn't know what she was talking about, though she thought his acting skills could use a bit of work.

"Come on Tyler, you thought I was Elena and Katherine. Obviously, I'm a doppelganger and you are not normal either" she smiled "Oh here goes" she said as Damon neared them.

"Dalia come on, boarding house, now" he urged her.

"Relax Damon, Tyler and I are just talking" she smiled slyly.

Damon grabbed her arm "Well the conversation is over"

Dalia started walking with him "Bye Tyler"

Tyler ran up behind Damon "Hey, what's going on?"

"Nothing that concerns you" he smiled falsely.

"Damon let the boy join us" she teased. "Besides, all the Mystic gang are gonna be chatting about me soon enough"

Damon looked between the two before rolling his eyes "Just get in the car" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.6K 52
Bonnie needed both doppelgรคngers blood to try and undo the spell that made vampires but when it goes wrong Elena, Katherine, and Caroline get sent ba...
808K 18.5K 29
Kataline Petrova. The twin of the oh so famous Katherine Pierce, aka Katarina Petrova. 1864 Both Katherine and Kataline are greeted by the handsome...
171K 4.3K 80
(rewriting) หœ"*ยฐโ€ข.หœ"*ยฐโ€ข๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ž-๐จ๐Ÿ-๐š-๐ค๐ข๐ง๐. ๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž. ...
184 21 8
'the world is coming down on me and i can't find a reason to be loved at all.' the infamous twins in the small town of mystic falls could not share l...