facade | ambraige

By madametae

fa·cade fəˈsäd noun definition : an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or credi... More

P R O L O G U E
1. E X H A U S T I O N
2. S T U M B L E
3. H Y P N O T I C
4. A N G E L
5. S A V I O R
6. A N G E L B O Y
7. F L E S H
8. R E V O L U T I O N
9. O X Y G E N
10. B R E A K D O W N
11. W A T C H E D
12. S A F E H A V E N
13. P A N I C
14. V U L T U R E
15. A N I M A L S
16. I M P E R F E C T I O N S
17. S A I N T
18. D E A R E S T
19. H A P P Y
20. M Y S E L F
22. L I F E
23. F I G H T E R
24. H E R O
25. P R O U D
26. L I V I N G
27. E N E M I E S
28. L U C K [ F I N A L ]

21. S L E E P

541 22 3
By madametae

D E A N
Paige and I were relaxing on the couch, analyzing our matches when we heard someone knock on the door.

Paige immediately jumped up, running to the door.

"Mummy!"

I stood up, making my way to the door to greet her mother.

I smiled as I watched them hold onto one another and I was more than surprised to see her mother's fiery red hair and piercings. They were just alike.

I let them have their moment, both of them crying and embracing each other.

"Dean! Oh my god, come give your mum a hug!"

I smiled from ear to ear, lightly hugging her to me.

"It's so amazing to finally meet my future son in law!"

That statement made me more than happy as I winked at Paige, watching her cheeks turn a rosy shade of blush.

I pulled back, taking Paige's mother's hand into mine and leaving a delicate kiss on her pale hand.

"Lovely to meet you Miss Knight."

"Please! Call me Mum! You're my son now!"

"Well Mum, I can definitely see where Paige gets her good looks."

She put her hand over her heart, jaw slack as she looked at Paige.

"He's a keeper! I might have to steal him and take him back to England."

Paige chuckled, snaking her arms around my waist.

"You can't take him. He's mine."

Her words made me smile.

"And you are mine."

I leaned down, taking my time in placing my lips over hers.

"I love you."

Paige said it back, nuzzling her head into my neck and holding me close.

I noticed Paige's mum tearing up and wiping the tears that did fall.

"Mum, what's wrong?"

Saraya smiled through her tears, laughing.

"You've finally found the one. A man who won't make you cry like your father did."

I knew the statement hit home when Paige's eyes watered, glistening in the light of the living space.

I decided to give them some alone time and walked upstairs into our bedroom.

I sighed exasperatingly, falling onto the bed and sliding my hand into my pillowcase, pulling the ring out.

I admired the engagement ring, hoping she'd love it. She was my everything and if she didn't like it, I'd be crushed.

Paige wasn't just any girl, she was my girl. And I planned on keeping her happy for the rest of our lives.

Knowing she was not just any ordinary woman, the ring was littered with black rhinestones mixed with silver stones and right in the middle was a large sapphire stone.

It reminded me of her midnight blue hair and I knew this was the ring.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I quickly tucked the ring away back into my pillowcase.

"Hey babe, come back downstairs. We're going to go out to grab a bite."

I nodded and she sighed, laying down on top of me and resting her head on my chest.

"I swear I can never get a moment to breathe."

I frowned, smoothing away the worry lines etched onto her forehead.

"Why do you say that?"

"I never get to be alone with you for at least five minutes. That's all I want, is you."

Her English accent made my heart flutter and I combed through her hair with my fingers.

"Darling, I'm all yours. You already have me."

"I don't think that's quite registered into my brain yet. We were hating eachother's guts not even six months ago and now we're in love."

I smiled remembering the first night she spent with me and she comforted me and gave me a shoulder to cry on.

Something precious little Jonathan Good, never got to experience.

"We better get going, your Mum is waiting for us."

She groaned before kissing me, her lip ring sliding against my lip.

"Babe, I know it's hard to control yourself but we really have to go. I know, I'm irresistible."

I smirked as she rolled her eyes. We walked down the steps as Saraya was standing at the door.

I insisted on Paige and Saraya riding together since they were mother and daughter and hadn't seen one another in a long time.

They both refused but eventually, they agreed.

They took Saraya's rental car while I drove Paige and I's car.

It was a beautiful day today, the sun was out and the birds chirping made it even better. Winter was practically almost over but here in Florida, you'd never notice.

I hummed along to Asking Alexandria as I followed Paige and her Mum to the restaurant.

The light turned green as Saraya and Paige made it through, but what I didn't see was a manufacturing truck come barreling through the red light towards me from the driver's side.

It made immediate contact as my head hit the steering wheel, causing the car to flip over.

Everything was a blur as I cut my hand on shards of glass from the window.

I felt my neck make a sickening cracking noise and my airbag popped up.

I shouted profanities as the pain became too much to bear. I knew my ribs were broken as when the truck ran into my door, it dented, going straight into my torso.

My eyes began to shut as steam surrounded me.

My body was shutting down.

I was scared for my life. Scared I'd never get to see the love of my life again. Scared I'd never see our children grow up.

My life flashed before my eyes and before I knew it, the darkness was becoming overwhelming.

I couldn't stop it. It overtook every inch of my body. Every ounce of oxygen I had left my lungs.

My eyes were burning, begging me to allow unconsciousness to take over.

I finally weakened as I allowed my eyes to shut and I drifted off into a state of sleep.

A never ending SLEEP.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 398 29
reck·less ˈrekləs/Submit adjective (of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.
7.3K 403 41
cy·no·sure ˈsīnəˌSHo͝or,ˈsin-/ noun a person or thing that is the center of attention or admiration.
18.9K 1.6K 54
You know how when you do not want to talk and you say "I'm fine." You do. We have all been there. A fake smile, forced laugh, then you go home and cr...
5K 108 20
' un·der·dog noun a person who has little status in society. ' IT 2017