Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
21 Negotiations
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

65 Decked

30 1 0
By Mysi85

In front of the undertaker company's doors blurted Ayumi.

"Wow. That was totally weird."

"Why do you think so?", asked Yuna.

"This conversation. Did he just make you into one of their members, or what?"

The blue-haired looked at her roommate for a moment, thoughtfully. "I'd say so. I'm as clueless as you about this. It surprises me that Yoshiro initiated this. So far he was very secretive about everything."

"Maybe he wants to prevent you from becoming an Oni serial killer.", joked the redhead.

"Maybe. He never explicitly forbid to hunt down humanoid Oni. On the other hand, he doesn't want me to go hunting at all."

"Apparently, he has underestimated your own initiative."

"It looks so."

The women went down the stairs and stopped at the street. The redhead hailed a taxi, which drove up.

"Do you want to go somewhere else, or should we go home?", inquired the hostess.

"Home sounds good." Where should Yuna want to go anyway?

They got into the taxi. Ayumi gave the address to the driver, then he started the ride.

"Listen ...", she began, but then paused until Yuna looked at her.

"Hm?"

"On Saturday Wakamino is going to play in a club. How about we go there together?"

"Who is Wakamino?"

"Wataru didn't tell you the name of his band? Typical. The boy is so easily distracted." Smiling, Ayumi shook her red hair.

"That's why he's so rare these days, yes?"

"Yes. They rehearse every night for hours to get ready."

"I'm not up to anything, so why not? But do I get in there?"

The older one laughed. "If I put some makeup on you and we go together, it will not be a problem."

"Okay."

The huntress looked out the window. She watched the few people on the sidewalks. Beside her rang a phone. Ayumi reached into her purse, pulled out her phone and answered it.

"Yes?"

Yuna looked at her.

"Hello Miyu-chan ... When? ... Now?! Honestly?! Who? ... Hm ... Nakama-san, it is ... the double?! Wow ... Hang on ..." She held her hand in front of the device. "Okay, listen. I'm asked to go to the opera with one of my clients. Can you get home by yourself?"

Yuna pulled up her left eyebrow. "I'm not a baby."

"Good." Ayumi continued to telephone. "It's okay. Can I briefly take a shower in the agency and put on a gown? Get me a red one. He likes red ... Yes ... Okay." She looked at her watch. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes. See you soon." The redhead finished the conversation. "Driver. Please stop immediately."

"Yes, Ma'am."

The taxi driver activated the blinker, drove left to the curb and stopped. Ayumi pulled some money out of her wallet and pushed it in Yuna's hand.

"That should be enough to get you home. Take good care of yourself."

"Thanks. Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"See you."

"Yeah."

The older one squeezed a kiss on the girl's cheek, then she jumped out of the taxi. Immediately she waved at another cab.

"Shall I continue the ride?", inquired Yuna's driver.

"Yes, please."

"The same address?"

"Yes."

"Understood."

The taxi driver blinked again and drove on. Yuna looked further out of the window.

So it was done. She had said goodbye to her family. It was different from what she had expected. She was very pleased that the undertaker took care of all matters. Had she been able to fulfill the Kotsuage during which she would have to pick up the burnt bones of her relatives? Could she have cremated all four bodies and harbored them after by herself? No. It was impossible for her to handle all of this alone. It was good, how Yoshiro had handled the situation.

Yoshiro ... what else was he hiding from her? How could she trust him when he had so many secrets before her?

Yuna didn't want to think about it longer. All the brooding only confused her. Her focus had to be on her training. Tirr was the target. If she had finished him off, all the other things would settle themselves. Then she could go back to school. She could start to spend some time with Wataru. She would take care of Yui. Perhaps Yoshiro could organize that Yui was accommodated into the pension. She would take back her life.

The taxi stopped in front of the pension. Yuna paid the driver and wished him a good night. On the doorsteps she froze on the spot. No. She didn't have her key. The girl slapped her open hand against her forehead. She was so unspeakably stupid. Was Wataru at home? Or Nakamura-san? Except for the one time in the morning she had not seen him.

She knocked on the door and waited. Typically, such a thing could only happen to her.

"Did you shut yourself out?"

The blue-haired turned around. "I forgot my key."

"Fortunately, your knight in shining armor is here to save you from this unpleasant distress.", laughed Wataru as he casually swung from his bike.

Yuna rolled her eye.

She noticed that he was staring at her. "Good gracious. You look stunning."

The musician looked up and down at Yuna in her black dress with the red belt. She giggled embarrassed, looked away and began nervously to play with a strand of her hair.

Wataru unfolded the side stand of his bicycle and placed it beside himself. He pulled his rattling keys from his pocket. The blue-haired watched him as he approached her, because she was still standing in front of the door. He stuck the house key past her into the lock. His breath stroke her cheek. They haven't been so close since that night a few days ago.

They looked each other straight into the eyes. The girl felt her heart beating aroused in her chest.

"Why are you dressed so chic? Were you out?", wondered the young man.

"No. I ... um ..." Nervously, she licked her lips.

His steady gaze stayed on her."I like it."

"T-Thanks."

Gently, he brushed a strand of hair from her face. Excited, she stared at him. He gave her his warm smile that she liked so much. Slowly his face came closer. There! He wanted to do it again. She blinked a few times and swallowed hard.

"I ... went to see the undertaker.", pressed Yuna out. She avoided the gaze of the young man.

Wataru stopped. His face was rigid, then he sighed. "I'm sorry."

He turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door, after which he stowed the keys back in his pocket. Then he turned around and took care of his bike.

The huntress swallowed hard again. Why had she done that? Why had she sabotaged herself? She wanted it, but was kind of afraid. She wasn't allowed to mix up her priorities. If she started too early with this, she would never get Tirr.

"Sorry.", she mumbled.

"No, it's okay. That was dumb of me."

He shoved the bike inside to the bike racks. Yuna followed him inside and closed the door behind them. She watched the young man while he stowed his bicycle. When he came back to the front door, she got in his way and searched for his gaze.

"Listen. I like you, but I'm not ready.", admitted the blue-haired.

He twisted his mouth. "You have lots of things to do."

"Yes. I don't want to hurt you, because I'm getting insecure suddenly, or by having not enough time for you."

"You're so cute." Wataru smiled at the girl. "Oh, I have something for you."

"For me?"

The musician took his backpack, opened it and pulled out a sketchbook. He held it out to the blue-haired. "I had today a delivery for a shop and when I saw the block, I had to think of you."

"Wow. Thank you."

Astonished, she picked the block. While she flicked through, she noticed that it was pre-punched and without pattern. Ideal for drawing and removal of the sites to put them into a folder, for example.

"Hm ... you have no pencils, right?" With his right hand he ran his fingers through his black, medium-length hair.

"It's okay."

"Here." Wataru pulled a pen from his breast pocket and handed it to the huntress. "Better than nothing."

A wide smile appeared on her face. "True."

Then he took off his shoes, put on his house slippers and climbed up the stairs. Yuna remained irresolutely in the entrance area, pressed the block and the pen against her chest and followed the young man with her helpless gaze.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 325 9
A story of a boy this is. A boy who only knew all his life was about nothing. Paying off a debt he never knew how he got it. Constantly the top fight...
3.7K 158 20
Full Title: Underneath the Bastardity, Mysogyny, and Asshole-lity, Lies a Kind Heart Asakura Hayaru was a kind person... well, was if it involves wom...
16.6K 364 24
It started off as innocent fun at your good friend's party; you having one of the best nights for the first time in ages. But you'd soon learn that s...
400K 18.3K 82
Tokyo Revengers various x Female! Reader โŒฃ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โŒฃ โ”† โ”† โ”† โ”†โ‹† โ”† โ”† โ”†เชœ โœพ โ”† ยฐ โ™ก โ€ข โžต โœฉ โ—› ยฐ โ”†ๅฝก โ€ โ†ถ*เณƒโœงหš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ- โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โžค "But when you told me the whole st...