A Babysitter's Game

By CarlyWritesStories

Romettah Moore is a troubled sixteen year old girl who deals with both mommy and daddy issues. As a reckless... More

Official Cast
What To Expect + Warnings
Prologue *
Chapter 1 : Meet Romettah *
Chapter 2 : Night Job *
Chapter 3 : Meet The Babysitter *
Chapter 4 : Meet The Boyfriend *
Chapter 5 : Stuck With The Enemy *
Chapter 7 : Cigarettes At Midnight *
Chapter 8 : Within The Same Heat *
Chapter 9 : Cheater Once, Cheater Always *
Chapter 9 is private!?
Chapter 10 : Walk Of No Shame *
Chapter 11 : Tragedy *
Chapter 12 : School Girl *
Chapter 13 : Almost Caught *
Chapter 14 : Gunshots *
Chapter 15 : Hospital Rooms *
Chapter 16 : The Question *
Chapter 17 : A Bit Of Hurting Hurts *

Chapter 6 : Little Girl *

6.8K 145 34
By CarlyWritesStories

Romettah

"Mom, I could have just stayed home alone." I tried to reason with her even though we were only steps away from Dani's and Harry's apartment door.

She inhaled deeply before exhaling heavily in it irritation. "Please Ro, I can't do that. Can't you just cooperate with me, please?" She pleaded without much enthusiasm and looked at me with those eyes that have lost their shine even though they glisten with tears, not because she was about to cry, but because they were full of sorrow.

Reminding myself why I have to stay here in the first place, I frowned and didn't protest any further, deciding to just do as told even though that meant being in the stuck breathing the same air for two weeks with the man of whom's girlfriend is cheating on him with me.

Pressing her pale knuckles against the black door, my mom places three knocks on it before retrieving her frail hand. In my head, I tried to make the seconds that pass last before the door could eventually opened.

In a swift movement, the door opened but I couldn't see who it was since my vision was towards the ground to avoid the gaze of whomever opened the door.

"Oh uh– hello." His deep voice greets. "Dani is just cooking supper, but she'll be done in a few. You can come in, though."

I ball my hands into a fist inside the pockets of my hoodie and bit each of the insides of my cheeks making my cheekbones prominent, that all being my reaction of hearing his voice.

"Go in." My mother whispered for my ears only, lightly placing her hand on my back for me to step inside first.

Unwilling, I step through the entry, sighting his black leather boots on my way in. Once we were fully inside I heard their door slam close. The place smelt of something delicious cooking as it filled my nostrils and perhaps if I was hungry I'd find the smell delightful, but the smell made me want to puke on Harry's boots.

"Is she alright?" I heard him quietly ask my mother even though my hood and blonde locks were covering my ears, I heard him perfectly.

"She's fine." She reassures him. "She's just upset about the whole situation." My mother says to him which was convincing only because he didn't know the reason I was truly upset. The situation with John was devastating, but john was nothing to me so I did not feel the need to mourn over someone as insignificant as him. My mother did a great job at feeding Harry a believable lie, though.

I pulled off my hood that's connected to my olive green sweater before running a hand through my messy, wavy blonde hair, my gaze finally disconnected from the plain wooden floor.

My ocean eyes scanned my surroundings before they landed on a pair of bright green ones.

His ample arms laid crossed over his chest as he gawked curiously at me, seeming like he was trying to figure me out just by looking into my eyes. Blinking, I adverted my eyes elsewhere.

"Oh, you guys arrived." I heard Dani's voice state as her footsteps followed behind the sound of her melodious voice.

My head snapped to the direction her voice came from to see her coming around a corner which I'm guessing was where the kitchen was. She was wearing a plain white apron that hugged her waist and her hair was up in a short messy ponytail yet she managed to look effortlessly beautiful.

"Thank you so much again, Dani," she smiles at Dani appreciatively before looking over at Harry. "And you too, Harry, for letting Ro stay here while we're gone." My mom sincerely thanks them.

"It's really no problem, Klestema." Dani ushers. "Plus we're on break for these two weeks too." She says, obviously referring to college.

"Well I better go, John is waiting in the car." My mom finally announces as she breaks the slightly awkward silence and heads for the exit.

"I hope everything goes well, Klestema." Dani adds just as my mother opens the.

I saw my mother screw her eyes shut momentarily from the angle I was standing in before she blinks away her threatening tears and turns around with a weak smile to the couple. "Me too." She mutters 

"Bye mom. I...I love you." I say nearing her frame so I could give her a quick hug before she leaves.

She gasps lowly and smiling widely. "Oh honey, I love you too." She coos and hugs me tighter.

She was certainly surprised that I said those three short words. I don't normally reminded her of that because the feeling wasn't very mutual, but somewhere in my heart I do have room for my birth giver.

"Drive safe!" Harry called out to my mother as she exits their apartment.

It was still very early in the morning since I woke up. There were probably bags under my eyes due to my lack of sleep and I was too sleepy to bother with makeup this morning. I was still dressed in my gray sweatpants and a t-shirt that was hidden under my olive green hoody which made me look somewhat presentable.

"If I don't leave now I'll be late for work." Harry announces before walking over to Dani to give her a long peck on those rosy pink lips of hers.

I turned my cheek to look away from sight though from the corner of my eye it was far too visible for my liking.

"Bye, Romettah." His deep, English accented voice echoed making my head turn back to face forward and see him awkwardly waving goodbye to me.

I fiddled my fingers annoyingly so he could get the hint that I didn't want to see his fucking face.

The sound of the door being slammed shut ranged through my ears and I knew that meant Dani and I were finally alone.

I felt the cushion of the couch next me dip with Dani's weight as she sat next to me.

She had managed to me make me laugh and talk to her as if nothing has happened which is something that I love and hate about her. She makes me forget that there's some part of me that truly hates everyone else around me and she's the only one whom I truly find myself caring for, besides my best friend Layla of course.

"So...what does Harry work as?" I couldn't help but squish in a question about who I'm making my enemy. The desire to know more about him and his interest sparked within me, but I was only in search to find a way to destroy him and his current relationship. I want to know his weaknesses, what he finds irresistible only to use it against him.

"He works in a music store, fixing guitars and other instruments. Why the sudden question?" She inquires suspiciously.

"Just sudden interest to know about him. I mean, if I'm going to be suck with him and you for two weeks I should be allowed to know I'm not going to be accompanied by a murderer, don't you think?" I smartly quirk a brow as a smirk played on my lips.

"Okay." She chuckled and so did I. I chuckled because she didn't find any harm as I kept asking about him.

I found out he was a year younger than her which meant he was only nineteen since she's twenty. He's studying to be a professional surgeon. And many more random useless things. I need real information, something juicy. Surely everyone has secrets. What could he be hiding?

Hours later, Harry came back from his work shift.

"I'm home!" He announced, setting his navy blue backpack on the couch beside me after shutting the door.

"Oh goodie." I murmur under my breath so he wouldn't hear.

I could feel his focus on the side of my face as he struggled to take off his jacket and I had to hold everything together to not laugh at his dumbass.

"Where's Dani?" He pondered breathlessly as he hands up his jacket.

"In her room." I mumbled, keeping my eyes glued on the tv screen.

His footsteps stomped loudly as he made his way to their room before closing the door behind him.

I heard a weight being slammed against their bedroom door before hearing Dani's voice warily whisper, "Harry not right now, I'm about leave for work, plus Romettah is out there!"

The door opened once the fumbling stopped followed by the sound of their distorted footsteps. Dani walked out fixing her slightly smudged lipstick and short hair as Harry followed right behind her whilst zipping the zipper of his skinny black jeans back up which he struggled with. He probably shouldn't wear such tight jeans considering his manhood clearly doesn't cooperate with him.

"I have night shifts these weeks you're staying with us and Harry always has the day shifts. So that means Harry's going to look after you at night when I leave." Dani informs me as she walk over to me to the couch, bending forward slightly so she gets a good angle to talk directly into my ear. "I get back by no later than ten-thirty so don't worry." She whispers the last sentence closely to me before giving my cheek as kiss.

"Bye Harry." She waves.

"Bye, love." He says, his posh English accent seeping through.

Tense silence fills the room after Dani leaves and I decided to break that silence, probably catching Harry off guard.

"I know what you wanted to do with Dani," I chuckle. "It was far too obvious."

I could feel him stare at me from across the room, seeming annoyed by my words as I carelessly picked at my nails.

"Hm, maybe it was. It's nothing you little girls would understand." He chuckles to himself in hopes of patronizing me.

I stopped picking my nails at that moment. I mentally debate rather if I should burst out what I do to prove that I'm not a 'little girl' as he refers to me as Or if I should accept my hurt ego and keep my mouth shut. I knew I couldn't rat myself out like that. Like Dani said; you don't know what someone is capable of doing until you catch them at their worst.

I took a deep breath to calm the anger pulsing through that could showcase with a burst of range if I don't control it.

"Oh, you don't know about me." I say, yet I don't feel proud of myself for voicing that weak comeback. It was like we were in war and he was winning.

"I know you probably still think I have cooties." He proceeds to mock.

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "No, perhaps STD's though." I sarcastically smile.

He chuckles. "You should go to bed. It's past your bedtime, little girl."

"You're so weird," I grimace in disgust. "I can't believe I'm stuck with you for two weeks." I groan.

"I could say the same for you." He retorts effortlessly, taking steps towards the couch I was sitting on.

I got up and moved aside thinking he was probably going to take the couch and give me their bed to be a gentleman. Who am I kidding? He would never do that, not with me being a complete brat to him. How couldn't I be? He has something– some one I long to have for my own.

He pulled out the mattress that was tucked within the couch then goes into his room only to walk back out with a blanket and a pillow which he carelessly throws at me.

"Sleep tight, little girl." He smirks before closing his bedroom door but his lights didn't turn off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 8.5K 65
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
288K 7.2K 103
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
46.4K 2.1K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
938K 49.8K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...