shift

By rosegoldlaurent

"Why did you do this for me?" "Because we have a mutual goal." "Who are you?" "Someone who needs your help." ... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
elevan
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
Epilogue

twenty

1.6K 65 4
By rosegoldlaurent

June 23rd (8 months later)

Everything had moved so quickly from that day at the park. It was all new and exciting with Desiree, she was everything and more. She had pushed me to do things I never thought were possible and also was an amazing mother to Gabby; she was a natural with Gabby and treated her like her own.

From my race money and Jade's money that was transferred to my account I was able to live comfortably. My relationship with my father played a role in taking on the family business where we owned an exotic cars dealership. I was beyond happy that I didn't have to give up my love for cars completely seeing as I was around beautiful super cars all day everyday. I was convinced I had the best job in the world with all of its perks and benefits.

Along with my career switch we had finally reached a house. It brought me happiness knowing that we would no longer have to worry about our own safety in the neighborhood. The location we had chosen was laced in luxury and expensive taste, nice cars parked outside of these homes that classed up the neighborhood even more. It all felt as though we were living in a dream, like I was living in some far away dream world in my head.

It was insane to celebrate Gabby's fourth birthday, my little bug was growing up right before my eyes. She had taken great interest in music which I found all to adorable when she played little riffs on the piano her teacher taught her. Ever since she had turned four in April I had wished that she would stop growing, I wanted her to stay my little bug forever. Watching her grow everyday brought me a new kind of amazement when I had learned that she understood more then I thought she did. Life had never been better then what it was now.

"Harry!" Desiree shot up in bed carrying a raspy tone in her voice of urgency .

"What? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" I turned over shooting my eyes open as soon as I heard my name in the dark of the room.

"I'm having contractions." Desiree ran a hand over her swollen belly that carried our baby. Upon hearing those words I sat up and stretching out of bed attaining my phone in my hand.

"I'll call Louis over, are your things ready to go?" My heart rate inclined with the newfound adrenaline that pumped through my veins. This was all actually happening.

"Ahhh!" Desiree went back to laying down and wrapping her arms around her belly. Her face contorting in pain causing her eyebrow to knit together.

"Deep breaths we are going to get through this together." I held my phone to my ear while running my hand over Desiree's bulging belly. Tracing over her stomach to try and find our baby that was causing Desiree's extreme discomfort.

"Mate it's two in the morning... What do you need?" Louis' raspy sleep voice answered on the other side of the line.

"Louis! Look could you come over here and stay with Gabby? Desiree is in labor and-" Louis cut me off already having an answer from the word labor I assumed.

"I'll be right over." Louis accepted my call for help hanging up right then and there so that I could put my full attention on Desiree.

"Louis is on his way, let's get your stuff and head out." I encouraged getting up off the bed and tending to her bedside by helping her up. Taking my advice I heard her sucking in deep breaths and letting them go.

Getting all her things that she would need after the birth I threw the bag over my shoulder and helped her out the door into the garage. Opening up the garage I saw Louis' car being parked in front of our house, Louis rubbing his eyes and yawning inside the car.

"You okay to get in on your own?" I asked throwing the bag into the backseat where the car seat sat already strapped in and ready for our baby.

"Yeah I'm fine." She nodded opening up the door and sliding in while still keeping a hand over the top of her stomach. Her eyes cast down on her bump with a look I couldn't completely decipher in the few glances I gave her while pulling out.

"Are you okay?" I asked once again knowing that I was asking repetitive questions. I wanted to be sure that she was alright and that nothing would go wrong at any point.

"I'm just afraid. I never thought this day would actually come." She confessed wrinkling her nose from the assumed pain that the baby inflicted on her. Groaning over the intensity of a passing contraction I did my best to keep my eyes on the road but focused on what Desiree was saying.

"You don't need to be afraid, I'm here for you. I will always be there for you." I soothed trying to get her to see that even though this all may be scary that she in fact didn't need to fear. She had me and I wouldn't leave her side through any of it.

"Do you think we can do this?" She referred  to taking care of our unborn baby, she had this impending fear of not being able to do it all. She was afraid to be a mother but in all reality she was already a mother to Gabby and has been since the moment she met Gabby. The day at the pool Gabby went with Desiree with no problem because there was a way about Desiree that Gabby trusted.

"I don't think, I know." I looked to her with a smile trying to convince her that everything was going to be fine. I knew it was scary right now and in the moment but once she saw and got to hold the little body in her arms I knew that her fears would melt away.

+

Screaming while walking around the hospital room, Desiree placed her hands on her spine and tilted her head up. In obvious pain and discomfort she paced waiting for the doctor to give her a go to start pushing. It had been almost four hours since we arrived and were told that her contractions weren't yet five minutes apart with each lasting 40 to 60 seconds. I could see that Desiree was becoming exhausted from the pain and the anticipating from the upcoming event.

"It hurts!" She moaned taking a seat on the edge of her bed rubbing her stomach where our baby resided.

"Are you hurting mummy?" I walked over and bent down to touch Desiree's bump. Feeling around for the strong little kicks I felt when I searched around for our strong baby.

"That's an understatement! It's already been four hours and I am exhausted." She whined while I then rubbed her back to maybe give her slight comfort even though I know she was on edge and ready for this baby to come out.

"Did you call your mom and everyone?" She asked me looking up from her stomach she had kept her eyes on.

"Yeah I group messaged your family and mine as well as the boys. I told them that I would keep them updated on everything." I had already had everything covered and knew by going ahead and doing things before she thought of them would ease her stress levels.

"This is all so weird." She stifled a small giggle saying this,

"Why?" I giggled all the same asking her to elaborate on her thought.

She had been sweating from the concentration and her hair had now transitioned into a high ponytail that cascaded down her back. She wore a medical gown that she had told me countless times had made her look more like a tent then a woman about to give birth.

"I never thought the first time we met that we would get married and be having a baby. If you would have gone back and told me what was going to happen I would have never believed you. We are having a baby together Harry! A real breathing human being is going to be here any hour now, its six in the morning and we are waiting on OUR baby." She took in a deep breath, navigating through her thought that had managed to pile in her mind. The realization of everything that has happened between the two of us coming to a new light for her while waiting for our baby.

"These last eight months have been crazy there's no doubt about it but I wouldn't have had it any other way. This is only the beginning for us." I stroked her rosy cheeks and wrapped my hand around her head to kiss the sweet lips that I could forever call mine.

"How are we doing in here Mrs. Styles?" A nurse began coming in to monitor the baby and Desiree to make sure everything was going smoothy. She had been very helpful with getting anything Desiree needed or wanted the four hours we have been here.

"I'm ready for this baby to get out!" Desiree voiced honestly gripping her stomach once again letting yet another contraction pass. Humming to herself and holding her swollen belly while she tried to calmly let the contraction pass by.

"You are doing great, do you know how far apart your contractions are?" The nurse came farther into the room to get a better look at Desiree. I knew that Desiree hadn't been keeping track because I was doing y best to keep her distracted from the pain at hand.

"I'm not entirely sure I haven't been able to concentrate on it." She spoke all honestly to the nurse causing the young nurse to laugh slightly and Desiree to crack a smile.

"Alright, well as soon as they are five minutes apart we can get the doctor in here and push that little cutie out okay? I'll be back in five minutes to check on you." She took her clipboard and placed it in the lip of the door before going out into the hall to tend to another one of her patients.

After what Desiree said was the longest five minutes of her life the nurse came back in to see Desiree was having yet another contraction in the five minutes she was out. With a smile she told Desiree that she was going to page Dr. Masterson, which meant that Desiree was ready to start pushing.

"Oh god I'm scared." She told me while another nurse inserted the epidural into her spine to help eliminate the pain of the actual birthing process.

"You're going to do great." I encouraged looking at her squeeze her eyes shut from the sting of the needle piercing her back.

+

"You're doing great sweetheart! Come on keep pushing!" The male doctor encouraged rubbing her knee while she curved her back up to start pushing once again with all she had. Sweat pouring off her forehead she grunted while putting as much power she could into pushing out the baby. Laying back down flat when she needed another break she squeezed the circulation from my hand creating a blockage of blood flow to my hand.

"Sorry!" She apologized when she saw that my hand was flushing a white yellowish color from the lack of blood flow to it.

"It's okay." Moved my thumb cover her hand rubbing it for support when the doctor had her start to push once again.

"Take it slow Desiree, we don't want you to tear." The doctor instructed her for precaution of her own safety. Taking in a deep breath again she relaxed by laying back down on the bed looking up at the ceiling and taking even breaths.

"Can you see the head yet?" Desiree asked deflated from all the intense pushing but feeling like we were getting nowhere.

"Not yet Sweetheart but we are close." The doctor rubbed her knee once again, this grey hair and friendly wrinkled making Desiree feel more comfortable. "Let's do one big push ready?"

Desiree nodded propping herself back up and began screaming with the long and powerful push she was exerting. Letting sweat pour from her face strands of hair fell from her ponytail getting stuck to her face while using the sweat as glue.

"One more push Desiree! I can see the head come on one more big push! Give me everything you have!" The older doctor coaxed while Desiree erupted into grunts and screams with all the strength she had left in her. Every bit of energy being put to use for the next few seconds she would be pushing out our baby.

Once Desiree had fallen back on the bed relief was overcome by her hearing the scream of our baby. Tears filling Desiree's eyes she loosened her hold on my hand and looked over at me with relief and tiredness.

"It's a boy!" The doctor chimed calling me over to cut the cord, listening to where the doctor instructed me to cut him loose.

"Is he beautiful?" Desiree asked me still listening to his loud raspy crying while the doctors tended to his measurements and cleaning.

"He's everything." I kissed her softly watching her cry a little more from the entire event and hearing the cries of our little boy.

"Here's your little guy." The nurse that had tended to us all night and morning brought our little boy wrapped in a blanket while he still cried for a familiar voice.

Desiree took him into her arms keeping her eyes on him while he quieted his cries when she spoke to him in a calm and soft tone. Whispering that she was here with him and that it was all okay. Reaching to touch his head I felt his soft brown hair beneath my fingertips.

"He's perfect." I told her smiling at the small baby while his eyes wandered our faces and his surroundings.

"Hi Ollie! Hi baby!" Desiree stroked his soft cheeks calling him by the name that we had both agreed on months ago. We had decided on Oliver Harry Styles, calling him Ollie for short.

Oliver Harry Styles, born on the 24th of June 2016 at 10:14 P.M. in Las Vegas VA Medical Center.

A/ I had this planned out from the beginning that Hesiree would have a little boy:) what do you think of his name and everything? There is only going to be 1 or 2 chapters left so leave me a comment on your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 25 7
One Direction.....
35.4K 1.3K 33
I can't help but fall in love with you...
35.2K 1.5K 50
"Let's help each other out. I have a proposition you can't resist." Nicole's patience is tested by Harry, while her emotions are drowned in experien...
144 5 12
Give It A Try 🇨🇮👉