Once Upon A Stranger "Islami...

InHerMind09 által

Between fairy tale and reality, hopes and disappointments; dreams and emptiness comes the story of a young wo... Több

Chapter 01 : The Beginning
Chapter 02: The Wind of Change
Chapter 03 : HOpE for The HOpeless
Chapter 04 : Nothing Is EVer PErfect
Chapter 05 : SurpriSingly Good
Chapter 06 : pArty Time
Chapter 07: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 08 : To BreAk or To Give A chAnce ??
Chapter 09 : WeAk but Not DefeAted
Chapter 10 : The First Step
Chapter 11 : A Crying sky
Chapter 12 : Cross Roads
Chapter 13: I'm No GentleMan but A beast
Chapter 14 : A NIGHT TO ReMeMBeR
Chapter 15 : A strAnge CoinCidenCe
Chapter 16 : Home Sweet Home
Chapter 17: His World
Chapter 18: There Comes A time For GoodBye
Chapter 19: First Ladies Weekend Part 1 : A welcome Gift
Chapter 20 : First Ladies Weekend Part2 : Decisions Time
Chapter 21: The SoOner The Better
Chapter 23 : A Night at The TheaTer "My NAme is CoseTTE "
Chapter 24: Snow White
Chapter 25 : And I found a fRiend in YoU
Author Note
Chapter 26 : The beginning of my Holiday

Chapter 22 : Another Chance

349 21 19
InHerMind09 által

Sitting in my comfortable chair, I put my head on its back and closed my eyes for a few seconds, feeling tired and in need to relax, true that the day has just begun, but I kind of need to escape this world sometimes, even if it's just for a few seconds.

I opened my eyes, checked my watch to find it almost ten, I stood, put my cell phone in my pocket, took my block note and a pen then headed to the meeting room, I better not be late.

On my way, I could hear the sound that my heels make when they touch the ground, I smiled secretly, I rarely wear high heels and enjoy making such noises, I know I shouldn't bring attention to me, but I liked this boot, from the first moment I saw it, I knew I had to buy it, his heels are not so high so I can walk with it without hurting my legs. And because today is kind of a special day, I have two meetings, then I decided to give it a try, a chance .

When I arrived at the meeting room, I was surprised to see Matt who is in the same team as me, the one who sought for the scholarship was there, I felt unconformable around him, don't know why, I try to avoid him as much I can, he wasn't there alone, Sam and Mark from the design team were sitting next to each other, I went in and sit as far from Matt as I could, even if it wasn't that possible, the room wasn't that big, the table could have no more than 14 persons.

I took my pen and draw some sketches on my notebook while I was waiting for the rest to come, trying to avoid any possible conversations, it didn't take long for Mr. Watson to arrive accompagnied by Clara who held files and laptop in her hand, poor she, too much were in her hands , yet of course he wouldn't help her, he took sit in the front chair, looked annoyed at his watch, Clara left to comeback with more files in her hands, she organized everything and put it in its right place near him while he just stared in emptiness, looking impatient.

-You can leave now Clara, he ordered.

Once she turned to exit the room, Max has arrived, he was with the design team too, he entered fast took a seat in front of me, and watched as Clara closed the door behind her when she left.

-All right, everyone is here so we can begin.

-Max as always, late, he stared at him angrily, if looks could kill he would be dead by now .

Max opened his mouth to defend himself, but Allan stoped him with his hand gesture.He took the files and handed to each one of us one without leaving his place, each file had a different color, mine was red, I smiled when I received it unknowingly.

-The file I just handed you contain informations and details we had received for the new theater project challenge we are entering, this theater will be the biggest new one in London, it's definitely something we should be looking at, so prepare yourself, each one of you will make me a draft, his own design and perception of the project, you will work individually, I want to see what each of you can come with. He stopped for a while, then ordered: open your files now, so I can explain to you what's in it and what you must do.

We did as he said, listened carefully to each word he said, I registered some notes aside in my block note , I'm sure I will find them useful later, when he finished , he demonstrates us the sites photo that were projected on the board and went near it, everything we need is there.

He sits back in his chair and continued talking:

-We are visiting tonight The queen's Theater, they are playing 'Les Miserables', you will have a chance to see how the theater function when there's a show and it's full of people, later when the show ends, we will make our own tour, ask around and check it out, we shall meet at 7 o'clock , near the main door. He stopped for a few minutes , thinking, trying to remember what's left to tell, at first I thought that he's waiting for our response, if we all can make it tonight, but because nobody spoke I didn't either and just waited until he finally continued :

-You will present me your work after the Christmas holiday, and as always the project winner will be awarded , and we should continue developing that one for the actual contest, any questions ? He asked.

We all stared at each other quietly, when nobody said a thing, he conclude:

-All right, this is all, Good luck everyone .

Everyone stood fast, took their notes and files and left, while I was still sitting in my place , putting the paper back slowly in the files, watching as everyone were leaving, when I finished, it was just the two of us left, I stood and walked to him, just stared at him

-Why did you choose me again ? I mean not everyone from my team were picked . I finally managed to talk, I was really annoyed and pissed off because of this, I don't like it, I don't want to be treated differently cause I remind him of someone.

He shook his head, then said, looking more annoyed than ever :

-Still with your annoying questions !! How many times should I tell you Miss Brini don't question my decisions. If you are scared and don't want to take this challenge then leave the file here.

WHAT !! I'M NOT SCARED, I JUST HATE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS!! doesn't he understand, apparently he doesn't know me yet at all, I sighed in disappointment.

-If there is nothing else to add then I suggest you go back to your work Miss.

Back to being rude, but did he ever stopped !! I took my file angrily and left fast to my desk, I put on it everything and was about to sit when I remembered that I must leave work early today for the lawyer and I must tell Clara about it.

I went to her office to find her on the phone occupied.

-Yes, for tonight so, yes.....

This must be about our visit to the theater, poor she, always occupied, taking orders from him, sometimes in the last minutes, she must arrange things.

-What is it Rahaf ? She asked when she hangs out.

-I must leave the office at 3 O'clock or earlier, I have an appointment with the lawyer today.

-Wow! This fast !! She exclaimed .

-Yeah, I know .

Listing to footsteps getting close to me, I turned around to see Mr.Watson coming towards us.

-Clara, there is no time to chat now, He glared at her, I looked at him even more surprised and was about to tell him why I was talking with her, but he didn't give me a chance to, he basically didn't even turn or looked at me.

-Did you call the theater director ?

-Yes, sir, just did and he said he will be delighted to meet you.

-Good. Then he left to his office and closed the door behind him.

I opened my mouth to apologize to her, but she cuts me saying :

-It's fine, okay ?

I nodded , then mumbled : sometimes I don't understand, I don't understand him at all, does he enjoy being rude or what ?!

**********

Running on the wet pavement, trying to keep my balance and not fall, my umbrella in my hand , and my bag is in the other, I turned my head not knowing what turn do I take, I should have called a cab, give the address and arrived on time and without being lost, yet I didn't want to waste money on a cab since it's not that far from the office, I said that I will find it myself but here I'm lost and late. What an impression will I give !!

I opened my handbag hardly with only my left hand, took my cell phone and watched the map again, ah, I sighed in relief, I'm not that far actually, I closed my bag , left the phone in my hand and turned right, walked for a few miles until I arrived a small Victorian building, I looked at the white façade that held no more than three floors, I entered quickly not wanting to waste more time in reading it, I can do that later when I leave, now I must meet the lawyer.

I entered in the small hall, took the antique wooden spiral stairs which wasn't very comfortable, I almost fell on one stair, it was very tiny,once in the first floor, I knocked the door on my right, a young Muslim woman opened the door, this must be the place, I said to myself.

-El salam alaykoum, ""Peace be upon you "" I greeted her

-Wa Alaykoum ElSalam wa rahmato Allahi Wa barakatoh " and peace, mercy and Allah blessings be upon you too "

-This is Mrs Mustapha Offices ? I asked.

-Yes, Miss, do you have an appointment?

-Yep, I'm with Mrs Martha ... but before I could continue she cuts me saying :

-Oh, That's you, come in, they're waiting for you .

I followed the girl into a short corridor, then she opened a door and let me in, still feeling breathless after my running , I stood near the door to take my breath back, looking at the desk that was in the center of the office, behind a woman in her half fourty sit, wearing a black scarf on her head, her feauture were sharp, she looked serious and even scary, she stared at me sharply with her dark brown eyes, I turned my gaze to Martha who was sitting in front of her, this last one smile genuily when she saw me, I felt suddenly better, safe and no longer a target, in danger.

I moved inside, saluate them and sit in front of Martha, in the dark brown wooden chair, put my handbag in my lap and apologized for being late.

-I suppose it's fine, I usually get annoyed when clients are late but the company of Martha was so amusing that I didn't felt the time passing by, she said .

I smiled in a relief, glad that Martha is here with me .

-So as I told you, Rahaf is currently my typing girl and she lives with me, she want to leave her husband, get divorced and for that we need you.

-I see, tell me Rahaf all your story, why do you want to get divorce , be brief but don't neglect an important detail please, everything you say may be of great help to me.

I nodded then start telling Leila my story, from the very first day until I left the house, then I mentioned our meeting in the park and how he pushed my hand hardly and his recent call, while talking, I was looking at her, her expression changed, soften, she seemed more comprehensible, understanding and caring person then she she did when I first saw her, I guess she is used to hide her emotion, she deal with a lot of bad persons, she must always look strong, cold and unbreakable, from a time to a time I would turn my gaze to Martha without notincing, looking for support, strnegh to continue.

-This is going to be an easy case, the main reasons will be mistreatement, violence and cheating, we shall win the case quickly, do you have a proof for the violonce, a medical report perhaps ? Leila asked .

-Yes, I do , I brought with me, figured you will need it. I opened my hand bag and brought the medical report and hand it to her

She took the paper and read it slowly, all focus in it then put it in her desk

-What an ass he's !! she exclaimed

I looked at her chocked , not expecting such a reaction from her

-I will definitely release you from him, and end this misery, you deserve to live happy, to be safe, and he will forsure be punished, do not worry about it.

-Okay, thank you

After that Leila explained to us how the trial is going to be, the steps and time it will take, for now she will start preparing her file and put in the court, she also explained to me the law of marriage and divorce in England which I completely ignore.

-This should be all, I will give you call soon insha Allah , she concluded.

I thanked Mrs.Mustapha again, glad and happy that she will stand by my side, everything Martha said about her is true, she is very determined , she clearly won't abandon the case, on the contrary do all that she can, to win it, I honestly don't want anything else but divorce, don't care or want Yousef to be punished , I only wished him out of my life, idon't want to punish him, I don't wat to be his wife anymore.

I left her office with Martha satisfied, I know things have gone fast but they should, Youcef still haven't divoroced me, he still didn't say the words yet, so I'm not that free, so the sooner is better.

Once we were outside, I informed Martha about the theater visit

-Oh, So It's today ? She questioned .

-Yep, did you know about it ? I asked, surprised.

She nodded before replying : Allan told me when he come Sunday, when should you go ?

-At 7 o'clock . I answered.

She looked at her clock, then said : It's half past five , not much time left, let's go and take some tea before you go.

-Yep, I definitely need some tea. I smiled

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

52.9K 3.4K 25
"You should give up on me" he said with his misty eyes. I heavily sighed "I'd bear be your something but I won't bear be your nothing" Mahnoor is a...
341K 18.5K 58
(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k: 3/2/16 Wednesday Reached 200k: 7/12/1...
25.3K 1.3K 30
"This is your fiancé and his family. I thought you knew they were coming?" Knew they were coming? I didn't even know I was engaged, I'm sixteen! Aq...
38.9K 1.5K 37
The Ahmed Trilogy Book One Can be read as a stand-alone .•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•. Zayn feels lost, devoid of his...