Nightmares *Rogue X Female!Re...

By Muggle-born-fayzian

"Are you scared? You should be!" In a world of magic and guilds, you find yourself the only Mage in lavender... More

Contents
Home
Return
Disbelief
Prepare
Recognition
Betrayed
Cheat
Fight
Insane
Worry
Guilt
Familiar
Instinct
0.5
Rational
Opinion
Protect
Glow
Hazy
*Special Chapter*
Forgive
1.5
Anticipation
Pride
Decision
Nightmares
Fatigue
Warmth
Support
Monarchy
Blood
Magical
Steps
Life
Q&A
Contents
Introduce
2.5
Insult
Diffusion
Random Poll
Patience
Memory
Forgettable
3.5
Present
Rejection
Feelings
Suspicion
Author's note

Alive

1.5K 32 5
By Muggle-born-fayzian

Alive: alert and active; animated.

"Wow," Marie looked up in awe at the city of Crocus where the Grand Magic Games would take place.

The city was bursting with happiness. You didn't know if this was just because the Grand Magic Games would take place today or if it was always like this.

The sun was setting given it a orange light and a happy atmosphere. You wanted to see what it was like when the stars came out too.

There would be plenty of time for that since you would have to stay up till twelve. Poor little Akira was meant to be taking a nap since it was way past her bed time, but the nine year old did not want to sleep. Maybe it was the busy vibes that filled up this place. Instead she was just getting a piggy back from her older brother who refused to let her waste her energy.

Besides when your sleeping your basically dead to the world, and this city was very much alive.

"This place is amazing," Marie continued to talk about how amzing the town was during your walk from the station to your lodge. You were all wearing casual clothes. You were wearing your usual combat gear without the cape draped over your shoulder.

"It is... beautiful," even Max agreed.

"Almost as beautiful as me," Riko flicked her hair with her hand, proudly ruining the moment.

"Yeah, whatever," Akio scoffed, flicking his head to keep his purple tinted black locks out of his face as he held his little sister with the other.

"So we have 3 hours until you guys have to be at the hotel," Max began, "you can go drop your stuff off and then look around the city, don't think about being late, 'cos I can't join in and we having got anyone of your level right now so we need all of you there, got it?"

"Yeah," you all unenthusiastically said as Max took the roll of the teacher.

Your lodge didn't look special, you knew Sabertooth would probably get the nicest one since they were the previous winners. It had two rooms, one for you, Riko, Marie and Akira and the other for Akio. Marie was over excited, claiming it was a massive sleepover you hadn't had since you were nine and Akira getting excited because she had never had a sleep over before.

"Where should we go first!" Marie childishly grabbed your hand your hand and dragged you onto the streets of Crocus where the sun had now fully set. You both aimlessly wondered the streets, pointing out random things that looked pretty. You had even wondered down a street covered in flowers. Mari made herself a flower crown and had put purple one in your hair despite your reluctance. Not that you had time to take it off anyway.

"Still want more?" You heard a cocky voice from not far down the road. Marie out of curiosity skipped over the the crowd.

"Oh god, they're showing of again," Marie sighed when she was in sight of two men, following your childhood best friend, you approached the crowd the surrounded to dragon slayers.

"Oh, you want a fight?" The blond haired Mage looked over, "Marie-san, wasn't it?"

When you caught with Marie you were surprised to see her casually talking to the blonde Dragon slayer. Besides white dragon slayer was Rogue Cheney.

Your eyes locked with his crimson ones as Marie carried on speaking.

"No thanks, Sting-San, we'll save the fighting for the games," Marie grinned.

"Ha, don't get too cocky," Sting ironically grinned. You and Rogue continued to death glare each other.

At first Rogue didn't think you were that scary in person. I mean you had a flower in your hair if anything it was adorable. It wasn't long before flower fell from hair and into the floor. Making the shadow dragon slayer flinch.

"We'll see," Marie turned around, "come on (y/n), let's get back its almost time,"

You lost your eye contact with Rogue and nodded before facing away from them. Rogue hand to his face in front of him and watched as it trembled, causing him to quietly curse.

"Rogue what's wrong?" Sting asked him,

"Nothing," he mumbled, before another guild challenged them.

***************

"I didn't know you two had met before," You said to Marie as you made your way back to the lodge.

"We spoke once last year, we were against each other in one of the contest." She shrugged, "he won though," she sighed.

"I see," you nodded. Thinking about Rogue. He seemed to recognise you, although you had never met before.

"Anyway I saw you staring at Rogue, have you two met before?" You asked.

"No," you shook your head,

"Then love at first sight?" The pink haired Mage chuckled, "Riko is going to go insane, she ships you and Akio," she laughed.

"Wait what?!" You blushed,

"Nothing! Come on we'll be late!" Marie grabbed your hand and tried to run at normal speed towards the lodge.

************************

11:58 and Riko was still out.

"Damn it," Max cursed.

"Trust her to be late," Akio sighed, "the rest of the guild is-,"

Suddenly, the last person you would expect to be late stormed through the doors, "am I late!" Riko huffed.

"Why didn't you just run here!" Akio shouted annoyedly,

"I didn't want to waste my magic," she sighed irritated, as an argument broke out between Akio and Riko.

You sighed wandering why she shipped you and Akio when you were witnessing a not very rare 'Rikio' moment. You eyes stared at the clock, you didn't know what going to happen in a minutes time.

Akira had already fallen asleep, and was only recently awoken by her brother and Riko shouting.

"Guys it's twelve," you noticed causing the Riko and Akio to be quiet.

"What was supposed-" Marie began.

"To all the guilds here for the grand magic tournament." A loud voice made everybody rush to the window, "Good morning!"

"This has to be the preliminarys," Akio coolly rested his chin on his hand, with his elbow resting on the window sill. Taking up a lot of the space on the small window.

You had never seen, nor cared about the grand magic games while you were travelling. So a giant pumpkin in the sky was quite a surprise to you.

"In order to reduce the participating teams from 113 down to 10,  we will now begin the preliminary event!" The stupid looking pumpkin sung.

"Called it," Akio shrugged,

"Nobody asked you!" Riko shouted, still heated from there 'fight' from only thirty seconds ago. "Was there a preliminary event last year?" Riko asked no one in particular.

"I don't think so," Marie shrugged her shoulders.

"See, I'm just so smart," Akio flicked the one strand of hair out of his face.

"Every year more and more guilds come~ that's a sign this event was starting to be taken too lightly~" the pumpkin continued. "This year we've brought the number of final competing teams down to 10~"

"113 guilds, that's quite a lot though," you mumbled to yourself.

"The preliminary rules are simple!" The pumpkin said.

Suddenly the lodge you were staying in began to shake and you were pretty sure it was rising too. It knocked him out of his space consuming position by the window. You noticed that other lodges had begun to rise to.

"What is happening!" Marie shouted, all of those who couldn't keep there balance (which was everyone but you) had fallen in a pile on top of each other.

"You will all now compete with each other!" The pumpkin said, unfazed by the rising building, "the goal is he event grounds, Domus Flau, the first 10 teams to make it will participate in the event ♪"

While the rest of your guild mates were piled up on top of each other you noticed a path form. "Guys look!" You were almost excited.

"Feel free to use any magic you like, there are no restrictions. As long as you're one of the first 10 teams to make it!" The pumpkin explained, "But if all five members don't make it there, you still lose,"

"Damn it, me and Marie can't run ahead," Riko sighed,

"And one more thing," it said rather suspiciously. "We take no responsibility for anyone who loses their life in this labyrinth."

You were soon joined by the rest of the guild mates to stare at the massive maze that was forming before you in the sky.

"The grand magic preliminary event, had begun!" The pumpkin shouted for the last time.

"Quick guys go!" The guild master, who you completely forgot was there, was scolding you already. "Good luck!" He grinned. As your team ran of down the path in to the labyrinth.

For the first time in a while you were actually excited. Adrenaline was pumping through your blood. You couldn't wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 19 18
A mysterious girl appears in the Fairy Tail guild after the X791 Grand Magic Games. She possesses immense power but no one knows her limits. While on...
5.7K 116 20
The Grand Magic Games are arriving and Sabertooth is kicking out all of the weaklings. He has to kick you out but doesnt want to. He does anyone beca...
62.3K 1.6K 53
During the seven years that your most powerful guild members were stuck on Tenrou island, Sabertooth, an up and coming guild when you were younger (n...
195K 5.7K 27
(Rogue Cheney x Reader) This was my first ever fanfic so prepare for a million grammar and spelling mistakes and also for a lot of unlogical things p...