The Black And White Love

By iam__trace

"With him, I feel whole, complete. I feel useless without him like blood is without a heart. He is and would... More

THE BLACK AND WHITE LOVE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
Author's Note
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO (Part I)
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO (Part II)

CHAPTER NINE

92 15 6
By iam__trace

Please make me smile by voting for this chapter. Thank you :)

This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful reader, voter and commenter @notimportant588 thanks a bunch for your love :)

**Bilal**

"Chelpang?" Mom called when I brushed past her in the sitting room.

I stopped throwing and catching the keys and turned on my heel to face her. "Na-am mom."

She tapped the spot on her right and gestured for me to come. I walked slowly around the couch with a confused look and squeezed the keys in my palm.

She put the TV on mute and sighed when I sat. "You're back."

"Uumm...yeah?" I nodded once.

"Alright," she smiled. "Soo...eerrh, your uncle called."

Again? "Oh, O-kkaay?" I turned to her.

Why does this feel weird?

"Yeah, he said he was going to travel to Kumasi tomorrow and that he's leaving the store in the hands of you..."

"And Abdul Hakeem," I finished. "You already told me." I chuckled.

"Oh really?"

"Uuhh yeah," I turned to mom and she looked kinda disquieted. "Is that all you wanted to say?"

"Yeah." She nodded quickly. "Goodnight son."

"Are you sure?" I asked and she forced a smile and nodded. "Alright night mom. Salaamu Alaiykum."

"Wa Alaiykum Salaam."

I stood up and walked quickly to Chenti's room.

"I'm coming!" She almost yelled when I intentionally knocked continuously.

"Sleeping beauty all set to sleep already huh?" I smirked at her when she opened the door.

"I knew it!" She said in a pressed tone. "Who else would be hitting on my door like this?"

"Just get out of the way and let me in before I push you."

"What do you want?" She opened the door wide and I stepped into her nice scented room. "Why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be supplying each other with spit from two different spit gland company?"

"I bet you're worst than I thought." I sank into her couch. "That's what you always do with Hamid huh?"

"None of your business." She laughed.

I sat up and looked serious. "What's wrong with mom?"

"Why?" She wrinkled her forehead.

"I don't know--she was acting strange when I came back." I scratched my head. "Do you think she likes Sel?"

"Hmmm...I don't know what you saw and why you think she was strange but I think she likes Sel. Plus," she pointed her index finger at me. "she doesn't know she's your girlfriend--duh!"

"Humph! I will tell her at the right time."

"Great. So how did you get her to say yes? I almost forgot." She grinned.

I narrated the whole thing to her and we talked about other stuff.

"When's uncle coming back?" I stood up to leave.

"I think he's gonna be away for a week or two."

"Abdul and I are gonna be bosses for that long I guess." I wiggled my brows.

"I'll always supervise you two." She warned.

"You're not welcome." I teased and run out before her pillow hit me.

I unlocked my room and went in. Something was off about my room, something unwelcomely. What is that? What is that? Umm...Uh-huh, the darkness. I never put my lights out, how come? Okay, Chenti might've put it off. But no...she hasn't got the key to my room. I threw my keys on the bed and walked to put on my light and when I did...

"Surpriisseee!" A voice cheered from behind.

I quickly turned in fright and almost gasped. I stood frozen in track like a pause button had been hit on me.

"Surprised to see me," She got off the bed and walked to me. "Mmmm?"

"Don't touch me!" I said under gritted teeth and pushed her hand away. "What the heck are you doing here?!"

"I uuhh came to apologise," she looked down at her intertwined fingers.

"I saw your text." I snapped.

"You haven't been answering my calls." Her voice became shaky. "I'm soo sorry Bilal."

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. "Oh, now I'm Bilal?"

"I was just...I don't know what happened. I'm sorry, really."

"I hear you." I sighed. "Can you leave now...I have to go to bed."

"Uumm," tears run down her cheeks and i was confused. "I can't..." She crushed into me and put her arms around me. Her sobs were bitter and I felt moved. I hesitated a moment before putting my arms around her to console her.

When she stopped crying, I pulled away and led her to the couch.

"What's going on at home?" I knelt in front of her.

She was quiet. Working on her breath, in-out-in-out...

"Mom has left the house." The tears she had been fighting back fell freely down her cheeks.

I felt dumbstruck by the news. Her parents have always had problems for as long as I can remember but I never thought it would get to this. I felt sorry for her right away that I forgot all that I had against her. I was always there for her in times like this. She has never been strong enough to handle those problems and I was always there for her to lean on.

I gave her hands a squeeze.

Berla's father had always been normal until the fire burnt everything he had worked so hard for. Smoking and drinking became his habits and his family was where he took everything out on whenever he came home drunk.

"He came home this evening drunk and started using harsh words at mom and accusing her of having lovers. When she tried to object, he beat her up. I came back from town and the whole place was in a mess...she left me a letter telling--telli..." She started crying again and I sat on the couch and hugged her.

"Everything will be fine," I rubbed her back. "You just need to be strong right now. Is Ben home?"

"No...he's still in school." She sobbed. "I don't know how he's gonna take this."

"Just don't tell him anything yet. He needs to concentrate on his studies."

She nodded.

I held her till she stopped crying.

"I'm gonna take you to Chenti's room."

"She hates me," She shook her head. "Chel, you're the only one I've always run to and the only one who's always there for me. I'm going through a lot right now, please don't push me away."

I sighed. "Alright, but you have to go home first thing tomorrow...your dad should at least know your whereabouts."

She nodded and forced a smile. "Thanks Chel."

"Welcome. You can take the bed, I'll be in the sitting room...if you need anything." I took a pillow and blanket and when I was about to leave, she held my arm.

"Please, don't leave me here alone." She took my hand and looked down at it. "I need you."

I couldn't argue when I looked at her. The dark circles under her eyes, the lines left on her cheeks by the mascara...her total weight loss. I threw my pillow and blanket on the couch and went to sit down.

"Alright, put yourself together. There's a spare towel in the..."

"Thank you Chel," She cut me off. "I know where everything is." She walked to my closet and took clothes I couldn't see before disappearing into the bathroom.

I stretched and yawned on the couch as I waited for her. She finally emerged in a gray t-shirt and boxer shorts while running her fingers through her dump hair.

"Hey," she stopped when I sat up. "I thought you were asleep already."

"Naah. I was waiting for you."

She came to sit beside me and folded her legs on the couch exposing more of her tighs. I shifted uncomfortably when she placed her hand on a spot near my neck.

"Chel, look at me." Her fingers brushed my neck and I felt a jolt. "Bilal, I--want to ask you a question."

"Sure, go ahead."

"I--uuhh...do you still aar, love me?"

My head snapped in her direction and I fought back my glare. "Please go to bed, its late."

"I love you and I want you to give me a chance to proof it." She knelt on the couch facing me.

"Berla, there's so much you have to think of right now."

"Bilal, you're first on my priori..."

"Don't talk to me about priorities lady!" I almost yelled. "Did you know what I went through with what you did? Huh? Did you? "

"I was just young and naive. I didn't know what I was doing. It was a mistake I..."

"I'm sorry but you have to live with it." I pressed my fist into the pillow. "Just go to bed, please."

"Bilal," she put her hand in my shirt and touched my chest. I ignored her. "I don't know what i'll do without you." She lowered her head and planted kisses on my neck to my jaw.

She got to my lips. "I want you." She whispered seductively and I slowly pushed her back on the seat.

"Please go to bed Berla." I said sternly.

She stood up and looked down at me. "Goodnight." She walked to the bed and curled herself into a ball on it. Her back was to me and she pulled the sheets to cover herself. I could hear her sobs which made me feel guilty.

Isn't she going through enough already?

I sighed.

Don't you dare fall for her pretense dickhead! Another voice argued.

I ignored my subconscious and walked to the bed. I sat behind her and placed my hand on her back.

"I'm sorry." I said and she turned to look at me. "You're going through a lot already and I shouldn't have acted that way."

"Its okay. I'm sorry I put you through so much, I really am."

I looked at her and she looked sincere. Her apology was honest, I know Berla.

She raised her hand and touched my face. I nodded and she shifted to place her head on my tigh. Not knowing what to do, I patted her back until she was asleep.

I woke up to a very loud rattling noise in my room. I put my palm over my eyes and squinted. When I turned towards the door, I saw a blurred image of Chenti frozen in place with a tray and food scattered on the floor in front of her. Then I realised what she saw.

The closeness between Berla and I was too intimate. Her arms were bound around me and our faces were just a few inches apart. I quiverd out of her grip and sat in bed.

"Hey Chel, good morning." Berla stretched and when she touched my chest, I realised I was shirtless.

"Chenti." I called. She gasped and stomped out shaking her head.

"What was that clatter?" I heard mom ask behind the door. My eyes opened wide and I jumped out of bed.

"Its uh...I--the tray slipped out of my hands."

"Are you okay? Did you get cut?" Mom asked in a worried tone.

"I'm fine. I'm gonna get the broom and mopstick to clean the mess."

"Okay. I'm off to the hospital for a checkup. Bilal, I hope you heard me."

"Y-yes mom," I stood at the door just in case she opened. "Good luck."

"Thanks. And hurry up and leave, you should be at work by now." Her shoes clicked away.

"I'm preparing." I shouted back and sighed.

Berla sat up in bed looking worried. I found my shirt on the floor and put on.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of everything. I'll be right back." I asured her and walked out.

I held the knob to Chenti's door and heard the clatter of dishes in the kitchen so I walked there instead. She was washing in the sink so her back was to me.

"Get that bitch out of the room so I can clean the mess up." She said calmly without turning to me.

"Chenti," I walked to her. "What you saw in there was just..."

"What? A mistake? Its not like that huh?" She turned to me. "You know, if you're like that, then I'm beginning to feel Hamid's the same too...that all guys are the same."

"Will you just listen to me?" I pleaded. "When I left your room last night, I met her in my room. She has very serious problems at home thats why she run to me. Please understand."

"Who should I understand? The so blind and dumb you or that smartass bitch? You never took your key from her after she dumped you in shit and when she just shows up, you welcome her with open arms. You're too much of a gentleman!"

"Its not like that," I scratched my forehead. "I'm the only one who understands her. Please let me handle this."

"Hmmm," She shook her head. "I'm always ready to scold you when you make silly mistakes."

"Thanks for understanding." I nudged her. "Please smile for me."

"I don't understand...I'm just watching you. I pray what I'm thinking is wrong. Selina wont be happy though."

"Don't worry, I'll handle that." I walked towards the door.

"You better come and get the mopstick and clean up the mess...I'm not ready to see her face yet."

"Alright," I walked back to the store room. "Got them."

"I'll serve only you another breakfast. You can serve her if you like." She shrugged.

I laughed and walked out.

Berla was in the bathroom when I got back. I cleaned the spilled cornflakes and went out. I forgot to knock when I came back and when I entered, Berla got frightened and dropped her towel. I quickly turned away from her nakedness.

"I'm soo sorry, I should've knocked." I said facing the door.

"Don't worry Chel," I felt her walking closer. "This isn't your first time is it?" She whispered into my ear and came to stand in front of me.

I pushed her against the door and pressed my body on her. "Don't let me do something I'd regret later."

She put her leg around my waist and her towel dropped again. "I dare you!" She challenged and my lips crushed into hers. I picked her up and threw her onto the bed. A moan escaped her mouth when I mounted her. She pulled on my shirt to deepen the kiss and I pressed my hardness against her. She kept moaning as I traced kisses down her neck to her clavicle.

What the freaking fuck are you doing? A voice said in my head and I shot up panting.

"What is it?" She asked.

I looked down at her in disgust. "I'm sorry, I can't do this," I got out of bed and covered her with the blanket. "Dress up."

I walked out of the room leaving her on the bed with a furious face. Chenti left my breakfast on the countertop so I just attended to that first. I sat for some time to calm myself before going back to my room to give Berla her food. She barely ate it. I turned away from her gaze as she nibbled on her bread.

After breakfast, Berla went home to see her dad and I prepared and left for work.

"Hey man, I thought you weren't coming." Abdul propped his elbows on the counter.

"Yeah yeah...I had to attend to someone." I sank into the plastic chair in the veranda.

"You're always attending to people. Are you a waiter?" He chuckled. "So who's it this time?"
"You won't believe," I shook my head. "Berla."

"What?!" He walked out to me. "The great Berla Forson?"

I nodded.

"From the BB love?" He added and I shook my head.

"Minus that one." I finger-wagged in his face warningly.

"Haha...what did she want again?"

"The poor girl has got problems at home. She run to me last night."

"Whooaah wait, did you say last night?" He asked and I nodded. "She stayed the night at your place and you allowed her? After all tha..."

"Calm down man...she apologised, sincerely. I know her very well."

"Hmmm...you knew her bro. Don't let her mess you up again. I can't handle your messed up ass."

"Haha...you're just like your sister!" I teased.

I took out my phone and just then it started ringing.

"Hey Sel, how're you?"

"I'm good, thanks. How about you?"

"Yeah, same here. I was just about to call you."

"Guess we think alike." She laughed softly.

"Yeah, I guess. So what's up?" I asked.

"Not much. Just in my room and guess who's here with me?"

"Uuh your mom?" I teased.

"Oh come on, haha. Are you that bad at guessing?"

"Yeah, very." I laughed.

"Aarrgghh...I'm here with Kaaarmil." She sung excitedly.

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

"Hahahaha. Please don't get all ninja on your phone. That was Jeeda's idea." I heard both of them laughing.

"Ow really," I sighed. "I'm gonna kill her. Tell her I'm telling Abdul she's at your place with another guy." I threatened jovially and Abdul nudged me. "I just got to the store."

"Isn't that late?" She asked in a more serious tone.

"Yeah, got some staff to do." I nodded.

"Alright. Jeeda would be taking Marian and I to the pool so when we get back, I'd see you."

"Alright. Call me when you're back." I said. "Have fun...with Marian." I added and she giggled before hanging up.

The rest of the day at store was busy. Abdul and I attended to customers and had very little time to play games and argue. Fortunately, the day didn't disappoint us with how fast it moved. We closed at half past three and I headed home to have a little rest since Sel hadn't called yet.

I unlocked my door and slowly stepped into my room. The light was just as I had left it earlier so I sighed in relief...there is no intruder. I put on the fan and dived into bed.

A few minutes later or so I thought, there was a knock on the door. Groaning and stretching, I dizzily walked to the door and opened it up.

"You're still not answering my calls Chel." Berla stood at the door holding a handbag.

"Ow sorry, I was asleep," I yawned. "How did it go with your dad? Come in."

I stepped aside and she walked past me. She dropped her bag on the couch and sank into it placing her head into her palms.

"What happened? You okay?" I walked to her.

"He was angry at me and said stuff that hurt me a lot, he almost hit me." Tears fell to the floor from her bowed face. "He didn't even care mom was gone Chel."

"Hmmm." I didn't know what to say right now. "I'm sorry you're going through all these right now. I wish I could do more than just console you."

"Thanks for still caring for me after all that I did to you." She looked at me briefly and I patted her back lightly.

She sat up and rested her head on my shoulder and I run my palm down her hair. My phone rung and I got up to get it.

I quickly answered it when I saw it was Sel.

"Hey," She spoke first. "I called like a billion times."

I scratched my neck. "I'm so so sorry. I slept off when I got home."

"Oh, did I wake you? You must be tired."

"Ow don't worry. You must've waited for long...I'm coming to see you right away." I walked to where my sneaker lay and pushed my feet into them.

"You need to rest Bil. We can meet tomorrow."

"I'm on my way already." I chuckled. "See you in a flash."

I hang up before she could try convincing me to stay. I walked to Berla and stood by the couch.

"I'm gonna go out for a while, I'll be back soon. Just make yourself at home."

"Alright," She nodded and stood up. "I'll be waiting."

Unexpectedly, she threw her arms around me. It felt bizarre but I hugged her back.

"Thanks again." She whispered.

I nodded and pulled away.

*

"Sorry I kept you waiting. I was searching for the right shade of yellow for this flower." I advanced to her grinning. "Here. My apologies." I gave it to her.

She inhaled the scent and smiled. "Thanks, apology accepted."

We hugged and she smiled weirdly. I took the flower from her and put in her hair near her ear.

"Right, beautiful!"

We sat on the rock.

"How was the fun?" I put my hand over her shoulder.

"You just used the word I was gonna use in my answer." She chuckled. "It was fun."

"Haha. Jeeda already went home huh?"

"Yeah. She couldn't stop mentioning you after I warned her not to because of Marian. We finally had to lie to her."

I laughed. "What did you tell her?"

"Jeeda first told her its her pet's name and she was like 'how come your pet works in a store and makes calls and is on social media?'" I laughed again. "We later succeeded in just confusing her."

"I always knew Jeeda was..."

"Don't call her that!" Sel cut me off and slapped my tigh. "We really had fun. We called Chenti and she said she couldn't come."

"Ow yeah, she visited her mom." I was interrupted by my phone's beep. I read the text and shot up. "Umm...I think I should uuh get back home."

"Anything the matter?" Sel asked with a wrinkled forehead.

"No uh--no...just got something to do again. I'll see you tomorrow right?" She nodded and I kissed her and walked away almost trotting. She had this confused look on her face before I left which couldn't erase from my mind.

Chenti texted me in block letters to get home asap before she kicks Berla out of the house. Since I don't doubt Chenti's ninja skills, I dashed home.

*

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I didn't give you a prenotification about the cheesy stuff between Berla and Bilal.

Anyways, please make me smile by voting for my chapter(s), that would be much appreciated. Your comments are as well welcome.

Do you remember Selina's dad asking "who's Bilal?"

Do you want to find out what's going on between Chenti and Berla?

Well then stay tuned and you'd find out soon.

The picture in the media box is something I did myself. I hope you like It.

Stay blessed and Take Care.

Peace;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 111K 49
๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ.
11.2K 553 22
My parents had me when they were in high school. My mom tells me that they've been through a lot. Including having my little sister, Kennlee, complet...
262K 11.5K 54
Everything we overcame would be for nothing. The pain we endure would be for nothing and you know it... Just stay with me, cause you're all I need. T...
20.3K 505 36
In this world, there are some people who get their happily ever afters and others who don't. Those who get their magical fairytale romance, cherish i...