Promise || Jerrie

By XX_Luminary

Completed Jerrie fanfiction "You're not gonna leave my side right?" "I never will, I promise." [Kinda like a... More

[Prologue]
[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Epilogue]

[Chapter 9]

3.8K 124 67
By XX_Luminary

*Perrie POV*

It's has been a month since the incident with Jade happened. I'll admit it, It's been like I'm literally living in hell right now. Everyone hates me.

Sam told all his friends everything, which led those idiots to start bullying me for trying to steal his girlfriend from him. It got worst when they found out that I started going to therapy for my paranoia. He went back to his old habits, and this time Jade is not going to stop him.

I have new bruises mostly everyday, but it was hidden in plain sight with makeup from the boys and my family. I never mentioned it to Zayn or Niall about me getting bullied, to prevent further problems.

I left my classroom with my hands in my pockets and my head down, hoping to avoid Sam's crew. But I felt someone pushed me from behind.

"Shit!" I yelled in pain as I fell to the ground and hit my head hard in the floor. I heard people laughing me and yelling dirty names at me. Nothing new, this happens almost everyday.

"Something wrong?" Sam snarled as Jade stayed silent beside the him. Why isn't she stoping him? Yeah, I know she hates my guts right now, but we used to be best friends. I knew deep inside she felt guilty, just too scared to do something.

"What are you going to do, bitch?" He kneeled beside my body. I wanted to punch that smirk away from his face. My jaw tightened, trying to stop myself from fighting back. He was clealy chuffed by the whole situation. "You suck, you can't even defend yourself, freak." He scoffed.

"Girls, you know your job." He winked at his 'followers', before walking off with his arm around Jade.

I tried standing up from the floor, by only ended up getting pushed back down by one of the girls. "Where do you think you're going?" They tried to look intimidating by cracking their fingers together. One of them charged at me, but I managed to dodge this time, and conked her with my fist.

"Fuck off." My voice was low, daring them to touch me again. It clearly caught them off guard since I never usually fight back. When none of them moved, I turned around to walk away. I then felt something hit my head and I felt straight to the floor. I felt my breathing go heavier as I felt a wave of panic surging through my body and ear piercing screams left my mouth. Thank god the bell already rang.

"What the hell? We'll get in trouble for that, you know how that freak is. Come on let's go before someone reports us." They scrambled off and left me lying on the floor, a hyperventilating wreck.

I stood up, I know I had to stand up and stay strong. My two feet touched the floor as I stabled my breathing. My face grimaced at the liquid I felt dripping from my head. I placed my fingers on it. Blood? I guess I have to get this checked out.

I stood up and headed towards the clinic, to check my new injury of the day(This is my worst one yet). Mr. Moris sawme before I could enter. "Dear god, Perrie. What happened to you?" He asked, assisting me to sit on the seat beside the school nurse. "I fell and hit my head on the floor."

He narrowed his eyes on me. "Don't lie to me, Ms. Edwards. Tell me who did this to you, are you getting bullied?" His pen was ready to write down the information, the tip already touching the notepad. "No one honestly! I'm just really clumsy and stupid." He gave me an unsure look but eventually choose to not push me. I knew even when I said Sam did it, nothing would happen. His dad is the biggest investor of the school, he practically owns the school.

I sat closer to the nurse while she checked my injury. "You should feel spawny that it's not deep." She then warned, "I'm just gonna clean it, but brace yourself, it'll sting." I nodded, preparing myself for the pain. She applied the alcohol and I whimpered in pain. A couple of minutes after cleaning it, the nurse placed a bandage on it to prevent infections.

"You should get this checked up in the hospital, it may not be deep, but you still have to make sure it didn't hit any vital areas. I'm going to write a notice to the school, you're excused to go home." 

"I'm going to ask your mom to assist you home." Mr. Moris gonna pick up the phone, but I stopped him. "No, I can handle. It doesn't hurt that much." Lies, it's hurts like hell.

"Fine, but you'll have to contact her yourself." They came to an agreement to clear my class attendance for today, I just had to nod and smile. I honestly don't give a crap anymore. I slowly opened the door and saw Jade standing by the clinic door.

"Mrs. Thirlwall, why aren't you in class?" Mr. Moris upon seeing the brunette on the wall, Jade looked surprised to see him, but answered nonetheless. "I just wanted to check on Perrie, sir."

"Very well then, I'll leave you to it. Perrie, please remember our session I booked for us on Thursday, please do attend." He bid us goodbye, we waited til he was in his office.

"What do you really want Jade?" I asked, crossing my arms together. "Did you say it was Sam?" I rolled my eyes at her question, is that all she cares about? She doesn't even care that I have a massive bandage behind my head.

"Is that all you care about? Your little boyfriend getting in trouble." I spated. "And no I didn't tell, so don't worry. No one will know, unless someone else tells." I saw her open her mouth for a while, but shutting it right after, making her look like a goldfish.

I sighed and put my hand in my pocket as I walked to the gates. I immediately contacted mom when I left school.

"Hiya mum!"

'Hey honey. Aren't you suppose to be in class?'

"No, actually I'm heading home right now."

'Why? Did you get in trouble?'

"No mom. I got in an accident and I was excused to go home."

'Are you okay? I'm going home right this second."

"No, you don't need to do that. I'm perfectly fine."

'Okay, I believe you.'

"Didn't you say earlier that you have an important announcement later."

'Yes, be there at dinner.'

"Alright, see you later mom."

'Love you honey, take a rest when you get home.'

-----

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" Niall asked. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine guys." I kept my voice calm, not wanting to worry the Ziall duo. "Fine, but we're bringing you to the hospital to get it checked out tomorrow, and can we file a complaint against your janitor for making the floor too slippery?"

"Dinner is ready!" Mom yelled and we all hurried to the table. "That smells so good." Niall complimented and everyone but me nodded in agreement.

"If only I could smell it."

We were half way through eating when my mom cleared her throat. "I have something to tell you." She said, all of us focusing on her.

"I got enlisted to Chicago, they want me to move there." She says nervously. She probably expected us to be againist this, but I didn't really mind now, I hate this hell hole anyway, I just don't want to be away from Zayn and Niall.

"We're moving to the US? That's awesome." I grinned, clapping my hands in excitement. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe it, wait till my friends hear about this."

"You're moving to Chicago?!?" Niall asked. "Yes, we're moving in with Jonnie while we try to find an house to live in."

"I always wanted to go America, I never even rode a plane."

"When are we flying there?" Caitlin asked. "Next Saturday, so start packing soon."

We chatted for a while, eventually Zayn and Niall had to come to go home. We all went to bed. I smiled to myself, knowing soon I'll be out of here.

-----

I laid down on my sheet-less bed as I admire my empty room. For years this has been my room, and now it's empty.

I held up the goodbye letter I wrote for Jade in front of my face, debating to either give it to her or not. It was difficult living through the non-stop bullying from Sam's crew this past few days, but I didn't mind it that much anymore, cause I knew that I would never see their faces again.

I also spend as much time as I can with Zayn and Niall. We were inseparable these past few days, they would always sleepover, bring me to school, even picking me and my sister up sometimes and bringing us to hidden places.

I checked the time, we still had an hour before we leave to the airport. I already packed everything. I sighed when my mind made the decision. I know that I need to give it to her, even if she doesn't talk to me anymore, she deserves to know.

I changed in to a collar dress and the studded leather jacket Zayn gave me. I called to my mum, yelling, "I'm leaving for a while. Zayn and Niall will come by to help later!" While I run to the front door. "Sure hun! Come back in an hour or we're gonna miss our flight."

I arrived in Jade's house and rang the bell, nervously playing with my fingers as I wait for someone to answer.

"Hiya Perrie! Long time no see pet." Norma greeted me with a hug. "Hey Mrs. Badwi." I greeted her happily, I missed talking to her about my problems. Norma will definitely be someone I will miss while I'm away.

"I told you to call me Norma remember? Mrs. Badwi is my mother." She laughed and I nodded. "Anyways," She dialed down the laughter. "What brings you here?"

"I'm just here to get a few of my stuff back and say goodbye I guess."

"Goodbye?" She questioned. "Me and my family are moving to the states." A huge banana shaped grin formed on my lips. "Oh, when are you leaving?" She gasped, pulling me in a hug. "Later afternoon." I repiled. "Oh, that's fast. You should have told me, I could have made your favourite."

"Do you want some breakfast then, hun? I'm making some right now." I wanted to say yes, but I just wanted to get my my stuff back and leave. "No, I'm fine. But is there any chance that Jade is here?"

"Perrie Edwards saying no to food? What happened to you?" She laughed as I giggled with her. "Yes, she's in her room with Sam doing they're doing a project."

She let me in and I walked to Jade's room. I stood in front of her bedroom door. Should I do it? I could always just hand it to Norma and leave.

Dammit! Fuck off anxiety. Stop making me wimp. She deserves to know that I'm leaving, even if she hates me.

I built up my courage and knocked on the door, making sure that they're not doing anything heated inside.

"Come in!" She yelled. I opened the door slowly and see the smile on their face quickly turn to a frown. "Can I speak to Jade alone please?" I asked them. Sam looks at Jade for approval and she nodded. He stood up and glared at me before leaving out the room.

"What do you want?" Her grating voice was making the confidence I built slowly waste away. "I wanted to give this to you." I handed her the letter and quickly stepped back.

"Read it if you want or just throw it away."

"Alright, Is that all?" She asked, my heart stung a little at her lack of care. "And can I get some of my stuff back? I assume you got something of mine." I asked with my head down. She ran to her drawer, pulling out my black notebook and some clothes.

"Here." She handed me the ragged and worn-out book. Mentally smiling that nothing about it has changed, indicating that she was keeping it safe since I left it to her last year. But this could just be a stupid assumption.

"Thank you." I took the stuff from her hands and turned to leave the room, but a voice in my head reminded me why I was here in the first place. I had to tell her about me moving.

By the time I turned around again, she was already focused on her project. Why am I even gonna bother telling her? She probably doesn't care anyway, atleast now she's gonna be happy that I'm finally leaving her alone.

I glanced one last time at her and went to the kitchen. Sam was sitting by the kitchen counter, waiting for Norma to serve him some breakfast, I ignored him as I approach Jade's mother.

"Bye Norma, thank you for everything you did to me. I'll miss your cooking." I hugged her tightly as if she was my ex-best friend, not Jade. "No problem dear, take care. You're always welcomed here whenever you come back." She said warmly. "Thank you, good bye."

I walked back home. Niall was already here and carrying boxes of stuff down from my room. "Ohh there you are, I was afraid that you won't make it in time. You ready to leave now?" My mom asked me and handed me the bag that was in my room. I shoved the clothes Jade gave me in a random box, and kept the notebook in my backpack.

"Yeah, come on, I heard that there's traffic today." I smiled at her and helped in putting the remaining boxes in Niall's car.

"Caitlin, we're going!" I called out loud to my sister. "I'm coming!" Caitlin yelled back and hugged her friends one last time. Who knows when she can see them again. Maybe, even never. You'll never know what happens in the future.

"Let's go then!" Caitlin said entering the car. Me and my mom then hopped in the car with her.

-----

My mom and Caitlin hugged the boys good bye. "Stay in contact with us, okay? And make sure to not go too american on us." Zayn yelled over to us as Niall nodded beside him.

"We promise we'll visit." My mom said warmly to the lovebirds.

"Bye, wr'll miss you." Niall said smiling at us, "We'll miss you too." Caitlin said to the boys and they wraps her in a big bear hug. It's cute how close we all got in a short period of time.

"I'll miss you boys so much. Thank you for protecting me from danger, and tell Liam and Louis that I am thankful for them saving me that night." They nodded and I pressed loving kisses on to their cheeks.

"Bye!" We waved good bye one last time before heading to the airport's checking counter.

"I'm buying some breakfast before the flight, want anything?" Caitlin asked us, I removed my headphones from my ear, before saying, "Yeah, I need some morning tea." She nodded her head, and turned to my mum.

"Want anything, mother?" She asked. "No, thank you. We'll have some food in the plane anyway." She responded. "Sure, I'll be back."

She came back, handing me a cup and a paper bag. "I bought you Jasmine tea and a donut. Are these okay?" She asked. "Yeah, It's fine." I said and took a sip of the hot beverage as my brain starts to remember what happened these pass few months.

"Why are you crying?" She asked, I didn't even realized I was crying. "I'll just miss the boys." I said and she sat beside me. "Just the boys?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Does she even know?" Caitlin asked, I shook my head again and tried to hold back the tears.

"Why didn't you tell her? Isn't that the whole reason you left this morning?" She asked. "I wrote her a letter about it, but I highly doubt that she'll read it."

"Are you alright about that then?" she asked. "It's upsetting to know that I'm leaving her without a proper conversation, but I'll be fine." I smiled and held her hand.

"Our flight is here. Get your stuff, make sure you don't leave anything." My mom stood up and we followed her to the counter.

*Jade POV*

I threw Perrie's letter in my closest, I don't know why I'm so harsh to her. I know it won't last, I used to say, 'Sisters before misters is a good rule. You never, ever diss one of us for a boy!' And I'm going to follow my words. Just being apart for a month is already killing me, I was planning on talking things out with her tomorrow.

I went down to the kitchen and saw my mom and Sam chatting. "What are you two talking 'bout?" I asked as I walk towards them, they looked up to me, but nothing was said.

"What's wrong?" I sat down beside Sam and shot them a look. "Did you know that Perrie was moving, dear?" My mom asked. "No... WAIT! SHE'S MOVING?"

"Yeah, she's moving to America."

"When is she going?"

"She's about to leave."

A rush of betrayal and guilt got summoned in my head. How do I, out of all the people not know this? Why didn't she tell me earlier? Why didn't she tell me that she was leaving? She just left my room, without a word, leaving me in the shadows, and now I'll never see her again.

Right after I heard what they said, I put on my parka and slipped on my Dr. Martens. I wanted to go to Perrie's house, atleast just to say good bye or give her a smile one last time. I quickly opened the front door.

I can't believe how stupid I am, I should've just forgiven her sooner, and helped her through this. Not ignore her and listen to other people opinions. It's my fault that I didn't even get to say good bye.

"Hey, where are you going?" I heard Sam yell after me. I ignored him and ran as fast as I could to Perrie's house.

I was on the road of Perrie's house, when I saw Caitlin's friends walking away, little droplets of tears were visible in their eyes. Am I too late?

I hurried my pace to Perrie's house, my heart beating quickens as I saw the big empty house ahead of me.

I'm too late.

She's gone, I didn't even get to say good bye, or give her one last hug or say sorry for everything i've done, or tell her to stay in touch. I feel guilty for the suffer I caused on her.

Tear streams dripping down my eyes as I sat on Perrie's porch with my face buried in my hands. I suddenly felt a warm hands rubbing my back. "Perrie?!" I shot up, thinking it was Perrie comforting me like she always does. I looked up to see Sam who gave me a sympathetic smile. "I just wanted to say sorry." I wailed, cuddling into his chest.

"I'm the one who's at fault here anyway, there's nothing to be sorry about." He set his hands on his lap.

"Why?"

"It's all my fault she even agreeded on leaving, do you think she'll leave you if you were still friends?" I looked at him, tilting my head to the side. "No, it's actually my fault, I should've just talk to her." My voice started cracking and more tears came pouring down. He wrap his arms around me tightly. "Come on let's go get lunch aye?"

-----

"I'll be back." He said as we pulled up by my house, I give him a peck on the cheek before exiting his car.

I went straight to my room, remembering that Perrie gave me something before she left. I walked over to my closet, searching for the letter under my pile of clothes. I found the letter on the top. Just looking at the letter she has left with me has given me more dismal emotions.

My name was perfectly written on the silk envelop. I opened the envelop, pulled the letter from the inside and started to read.

This time I officially broke our friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
2.8K 92 10
Celia St. James opens up about her whirlwind affair with Hollywood bombshell, Evelyn Hugo, while on a road trip with a young lover. It's time to hear...
233K 9.8K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
62.4K 1.1K 66
Alex Vause is finally coming out of prison after 4 years, while Piper was patiently waiting for her. What will be their life together after prison?