shift

Od rosegoldlaurent

"Why did you do this for me?" "Because we have a mutual goal." "Who are you?" "Someone who needs your help." ... Viac

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
elevan
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
Epilogue

six

1.6K 58 2
Od rosegoldlaurent

Anonymous POV

When you have done so many wrongs you tend to forget what was ever right. You don't know what is right from wrong though you try your hardest to do what you think is right. With all these wrongs also makes yourself loads upon loads of enemies, that's just the nature of things.

I was to stay hidden after a deal gone wrong because if I didn't, well it could result in my death. I'm not ready to die yet, I have too much unfinished business.

The life I had now taken on was not an easy one. I wasn't expecting something easy however since I got what I deserved. If I wanted an easy way out I could have run, run away from all of this without a trace. I didn't choose that route because I can't stand the thought of Zayn ruling over everyone. He was corrupt and hurt more people then I could count, he needs to be taken down.

Phone buzzing on the table I tended to it, knowing it could only be one person.

Harry: What do you know?

Unknown: The question is what do you want to know?

Harry: Can I trust you?

Unknown: Yes, you already know I need your help why would I jeopardize that?

Harry: Where do we start?

Unknown: Tomorrow, Zayn is throwing a party for potential investors in his company. You will attend the party at his house. 2965 E. Raven Crest Lane. 7:00 don't be late.

Placing my phone in my pocket I grabbed my car keys and the tux that hung on the hanger with plastic covered over the expensive fabric. I knew Harry was out with Desiree and it would be the perfect opportunity to get this to him since he needed something to wear tomorrow night.

Driving though the streets I quickly pinned a note in the front of the plastic before laying the tux into a black box shutting it and running up the Harry's apartment. Placing it on the front door step I ran back to my car peeling away before anyone could see any trace of me. No one could know my identity, my own identity would be the death of me.

HARRY'S POV

"Why are we going to Zayn's?" Desiree questioned when I read her the text I had received while grocery shopping.

"I don't know, I'm sure Anonymous will give us direction in what we are supposed to be doing." I assured Desiree. I was putting a lot of trust into anonymous and hoped that it would come back to get me. Anonymous was out only lead at this point and I needed all the help I could get at this point getting Gabrielle back.

"I really hope this anonymous person is someone we can trust." I could see the worry etched on Desiree's face and again tried to reassure her with what knowledge I knew, which wasn't much.

"What is that?" Desiree squinted her eyes as we parked the car.

"What?" I followed her gaze unsuccessfully.

"The box by the door." Desiree pointed opening up her door while I turned off the car.

"I don't know." I gather the groceries quickly to seek out what the black box was.

With armfuls of groceries Desiree and I hauled everything in, putting all the paper sacks onto the counter. Going back to retrieve the black box Desiree peered from behind while I set it in the table. Lifting the lid to reveal a note on top of a plastic cover ensemble I read the printed out letters.

"Wear this and don't be late."
-Anonymous

Pulling the safety pin loose I placed the note to the side of the box lifting the clothing item out of the box. Seeing the newly bought tux the tag read Giorgio Armani in fine print.

"Whoever Anonymous is they aren't messing around." Desiree touched the black coat sleeve.

"Let the games begin." I kept my eyes on the expensive clothing item.

+

Unknown: You are going to arrive at Zayn's mansion at the exact time I told you. You and Desiree will walk in and I want you to look for a man by the name of Robert Alder. We need information concerning one of his racers, Calum Hood. We have reasons to believe he was the racer that was paid off by Zayn to kill Ashton. We need the proof so, talk to Alder and see what he has to say regarding Calum. Stay out of Zayn's sight, we don't need a big scene.

Pulling up into the gated residential the mansion lit up with various lights while the valet took my car keys. I helped Desiree out of the car, taking her hand and lifting her up till she reached her full height.

"Are you ready?" I asked her admiring her sleek red dress that showed off her tattoos.

"I'm ready if you are." I said to her knowing that bring up the topic of Ashton may be hard for her.

Keeping her hand in mine we began walking up the steps to where the party was conspiring. Where the men invited wiped their asses with hundred dollar bills. Upon entries we were handed champagne glasses topped with the apple cider colored liquid.

"Thank you." I held up the glass slightly to the waitress then holding it with my free hand. "Do we even know what this man looks like?" I questioned not given any visual identification.

"I'm sure I would know him if I saw him. I worked closely with Zayn and even though I didn't really help with preparations regarding Ashton's race in sure I can manage to pick him out of the crowd." Desiree assured taking a sip of her drink.

"Did Ashton not race for Zayn?" I questioned walking about keeping my eyes peeled for Zayn.

"No, Ashton raced for Clinton Foreman." Desiree answered before I froze in my steps. "Harry?"

My eyes set in the far distance where the piano sat. A taller looking woman with a sleeker back bun sat with a little girl, her hair wavy and cascading down her back with a red bow accompanying the hairstyle. She sat on the piano bench about to place her fingers across the ivory keys. Desiree looked into my eyes and tried matching my gaze and let out a little gasp when she acquired what I was staring at.

The little girl began playing a little melody while the woman with the bun sat next to her making sure she knew what to play and how to play it. The little girls black dress fitting her perfectly while the back was a tightened with a big bow.

"I miss her so much." I spoke holding in everything I had not to go over and take her into my arms.

"I know you do, I do too." Desiree tightened her grip on my hand while I kept my gaze on the little girl playing the piano. "The faster we find Alder the quicker we can get her back."

"Okay." I agreed taking my eyes off Gabrielle and doing my best to regain focus again.

"I'll look for Alder you keep you eyes open for Zayn. We can't let him see us, I can imagine if he does it won't go down well." We back to walk again making our way through the crowds of men in expensive suits and woman in long ball gowns to accompany a man.

Searching the crowds Desiree stopped causing me to look at her. "Do you see him?"

"Damn! Look who he's with!" Desiree whisper shouted gesturing to the man standing alongside Zayn.

"Damn!" I swore annoyed that this wasn't going to be a quick and easy exchange. Who knew how long Alder would converse with Zayn.

Standing at a distance with Zayn's back to us a running little girl tugged at Zayn's black pant leg. Seeing her again made me lose all focus on the task at hand. Gabby then was picked up and legs dangled from Zayn's hip as Alder and his wife smiled at the little girl who had played a small piece on the piano.

"I want to kill him!" I whispered under my breath only audible to Desiree.

"Just stay calm, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves." Dez reminded me while I took a swing of my drink.

Just as Gabby began to turn she rested her chin on Zayn's shoulder causing me to see her beautiful green eyes. While her wild eyes searched the room aimlessly she spotted me no instantly sat up in Zayn's arms.

"Ah shit!" I say when Desiree saw that Gabby's eyes were now glued to us.

Pressing my index finger to my lips I hoped this signaled to Gabby to keep our presence a secret. Kicking away from Zayn Gabby began to wiggle out of Zayn's gasp. Alarming him he straightened Gabby out warning her I was guessing by the way he tried gaining her attention. Hiding behind a group of people I kept a close eye on her, seeing Zayn hand her off to the woman with the bun. Gabby the kicked to try and get free.

Zayn then looked behind where Gabby had wondering eyes. He scanned the room looking for anyone that looked remotely close to me but turned around and excused himself away from Alder after that. Alder nodded and took a sip of his drink.

"Nows are chance." Desiree prompted looking at the man and his wife alone at last.

"Okay." I nodded taking Desiree's hand into my own once again. All we needed was information on Calum and after that I hoped to leave, I didn't want to be here longer then I had to.

A new chapter! Yes I've finally somewhat gotten myself out of writers block! Plus I have Christmas break so I can get some chapters pre written so that when I go back to school I can update regularly! Anyways what did you all think? Any guesses on who anonymous is? Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1.5M 10.4K 140
Requests are open :) Preferences written by xLexiGurlx
3.5K 116 31
prologue A strange person was messaging me. They wouldn't leave me alone. I was curious. But did I really want to know who the person was?
684 6 15
Imagine you are...