Betrayed

By farrenxrose

In a world where werewolves reign in the supernatural realm-also where humans are still oblivious to the exis... More

☾Chapter One☽
☾Chapter Two☽
☾Chapter Three☽
☾Chapter Four☽
☾Chapter Five☽
☾Chapter Six☽
☾Chapter Seven☽
☾Chapter Eight☽
☾Chapter Nine☽
☾Chapter Ten☽
☾Chapter Eleven☽
☾Chapter Twelve☽
☾Chapter Thirteen☽
☾Chapter Fourteen☽
☾Chapter Fifteen☽
☾Chapter Sixteen☽
☾Chapter Seventeen☽
☾Chapter Eighteen☽
☾Chapter Nineteen☽
☾Chapter Twenty☽
☾Chapter Twenty-One☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Two☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Three☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Four☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Five☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Six☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Seven☽
☾Chapter Twenty-Nine☽
☾Chapter Thirty☽
☾Chapter Thirty-One☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Two☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Three☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Four☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Five☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Six☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Seven☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Eight☽
☾Chapter Thirty-Nine☽
☾Chapter Forty☽
☾Chapter Forty-One☽
☾Chapter Forty-Two☽
☾Chapter Forty-Three☽
☾Chapter Forty-Four☽
☾Chapter Forty-Five☽
☾Chapter Forty-Six☽
☾Chapter Forty-Seven☽
☾Chapter Forty-Eight☽
☾Chapter Forty-Nine☽
☾ Epilogue ☽
☾Bonus Chapter☽

☾Chapter Twenty-Eight☽

2.2K 132 2
By farrenxrose

Dmitri's P.O.V

I take a swig of the the strong alcohol, relishing the burn it leaves in my throat.

Xavier pushes at our bond once again in a desperate attempt to get out, to roam free with no injunctions.

"Not only are you going to be sad but you'll also have a hangover if you keep drinking like that," Jared comments as he stares at me.

My shoulders shrug carelessly. "Doesn't matter. I failed as a father; that's what matters," I growl.

He laughs. "Don't pity yourself, My King, because, no offense, it's all your fault that she's gone."

Don't you think I know it's my fault, Jared?

"How do you connect with Lilly so well?" I ask, truly curious.

Jared shrugs as he flips through some of the dusting books sitting on the shelves in my office. "She's my all, along with Rhea," He pauses. "Also, if she were in Vladimira's position, stressed and pregnant, I would try to help her instead of antagonizing her."

Xavier once again pushes at our bond stronger than ever, but I fight him off because I know he'll take over and kill everything in sight until he gets Vladimira back.

Going into a bloodlust isn't exactly the best idea.

"I didn't antagonize her," I mutter.

The look that Jared gives me makes Xavier push even harder, angered that someone would question his motives.

Yeah, well I'm question them too, Xavier.

"The hell you didn't!" Jared yells. "Don't you see how much your judgement means to Vladimira? She wants you to tell her she is special in your eyes, not that she's a disgraceful whore," He continues.

Regret swells in my chest as I think about how I treated my own flesh and blood.

Why didn't I stop Xavier from hurting her? Now every time I close my eyes I see her blood on my hands, I see the shock and hurt in her eyes when I slapped her.

I had never laid my hands on her like that until she told me she was pregnant. I had choked her because she got pregnant.

No wonder she doesn't want to share anything with me.

"Saffron would be so disappointed." I take another swig of my drink.

Sure, I had hurt Vladimira emotionally before, but I had never meant to call her a mistake or a disgrace.

To be honest, I would never ask for another daughter. My love for Vladimira is true and she was the only thing that kept me going after Saffron's death.

My leg starts to bounce unconsciously. "What if she gets hurt? What if my grandson is hurt?" I question to no one in particular, my fury with myself growing.

I would never be able to forgive myself if she got hurt because she left. I would never forgive myself if either of them were hurt because of my silly mistakes.

Dropping my head into my hands, I release a groan. "She said we shouldn't stay in contact, that I'm really good at forgetting she exists in the first place," I continue incredulously.

Why can't we just start over, Mira? I know I've made some huge mistakes in our relationship, but why don't we move on to the next chapter? I imagine myself saying to her.

Xavier laughs. 'Vladimira won't fall for that,' He warns.

I growl at him. 'And whose fault is that?' I retort, my hand squeezing the alcohol bottle to the point where it just might break.

'Ok, yes, I hurt her, but she deserved some of that,' Xavier defends himself.

'Yeah, just like how she doesn't think we deserve to be a father to her anymore,' I retort before cutting the whole conversation off with him.

The links that binds us together strains, but such a small shift in my opinion about Xavier isn't enough to break those bonds.

Jared pulls out his phone and begins to type away, a smile quickly gracing his face. "I've got to go, Dmitri, lunch with Rhea and Ana," He pauses and picks up his coat that's slung over one of the chairs in my office before motioning to the closed door that leads into Vladimira's office. "You have to fix things, and it all starts by fixing yourself. I'm not asking you to be understanding with everyone, just Vladimira."

Even as I watch him leave, I know he's right about everything.

Finding a way for Vladimira to forgive me will be hard. I've disappointed her a lot and Vladimira won't be able to condone my mistakes for a long time.

There's only one thing I can do, and that's change for her, show her that I am a proper grandfather, show her that I'm still the same man that raised her as a child.

'But we're not. We have hardened ourself since then to deal with Saffron's death. We've changed,' Xavier cuts into my thoughts.

He's not wrong.

'Vladimira doesn't want to be around us. We must change. For her,' I answer seriously.

My phone begins to buzz violently on my desk, making me reach over and check the name.

The name of my leading warrior, Donovan, flashes across the screen and I have no other choice but to answer it.

"Speak."

Donovan clears his throat. "A rogue was caught at the boundary line. He says he has a message for you and that'll he'll accept death willingly after he delivers it to you," He speaks quickly.

I stand up from my desk and leave my office. "I be there in a second," I inform him before hanging up.

Using my enhanced speed, I was there in a second.

A man sat there on his knees with his hands tied behind his back. Donovan stood behind him with his hand wrapped around his throat just in case he lunged at anybody.

"Why are you on my land, Rogue?" I ask calmly.

He smiles. "I bring news and a bargain from my employer," He stops talking and waits till I nod to continue. "He will kidnap your daughter and hold her hostage if you don't cooperate."

Xavier just got done worrying about something like this happening! Now it's happening and they probably want something valuable.

Moon dust? Royal blood? Land? Power?

But, of all people, his employer choses me: someone that can kill him with a single thought.

"And what does your employer wish from me?" I ask with a small smirk.

The man falters. "Moon dust of course. Rumor is it works better than anything a witch can do, and my employer hasn't had that much luck with witches. They're very conniving and never actually do what you ask. They like loopholes," He expounds.

This is all fake. Vladimira isn't in danger and if she is, she can handle herself, I know she can. Pregnant or not, I trained her well.

"How does your employer plan on 'kidnapping' my daughter? You think I was stupid enough to send her without guards? To send her untrained?"

The man shrugs. "My employer has befriended her. It will be easier since they are somewhat allies. Also, she's pregnant, we can threaten her child, just like we're doing you," He smiles smugly.

Threatening the Alpha King isn't very smart...

Swiftly, I move forward and deliver a swift kick to his ribs, effectively knocking the wind out of him. "Who's your employer?"

The man shrugs once again. "I don't know," He wheezes. "I'm merely a puppet on the outside of the operation. I was recruited by one of the top dogs that got orders from the big man himself," He explains.

Xavier pushes at our bond. 'Let me handle him,' He growls.

And, despite the fact that he might kill him immediately, I let him take control.

The first thing he does is kneel in front of the man, whose eyes dart up to look into Xavier's red one before looking back at the dirt. "A name?"

Another shrug comes from the man.

"A purpose for the dust?"

Another shrug.

Xavier shoves his hand into the man's chest and wraps his hand around his heart, a sick smile dancing on his face. "You see, that's not enough information for you to not only threaten me but also threaten my daughter. So, why don't you give me all the information you do know?" He negotiates.

"H-he won't hurt her if you give him the dust. Apparently, you also know him from a long time ago!"

Xavier furrows his eyebrows as he thinks of all the people who want to not only hurt Vladimira but also get their hands on rare moon dust.

There's too many people.

'Our best option is to track down Vladimira and bring this man with us. You know I'll do anything for Vladimira no matter how bad our relationship gets,' Xavier admits.

He's right. That is our best option.

Or I could take the easy road and use my magic, despite promising not only my mother but also Vladimira to only use it if I desperately need to.

Isn't saving Vladimira from getting kidnapped a desperate need? A time to use magic so I can use a tracking spell?

A squeeze comes from Xavier's hand that's still wrapped around the man's heart. "Donovan, take this man and put him in the dungeon. You"—He points at a female warrior—"get me a map."

••

The sharp edge of the knife cuts through my hand swiftly, causing blood to pool on my hand and drop onto the map.

I begin to mutter the tracking spell under my breath as the small portion of Vladimira's DNA—hair that I was able to muster up from her room—catches on fire.

Jared smiles when a spot on the map begins to glow a bright, golden color. "My Queen has been found," He rejoices with a smile on his face.

I nod in agreement before flicking my wrist over the map and watch as it disintegrates into dust.

"I'll prepare the jet and gather our six best fighters," He informs me before leaving my office.

Unintentionally, a tired sigh leaves me, but it's not long before adrenaline pumps through my veins when I realize I'm about to see my daughter.

"I'm coming Vladimira. I'll do better this time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 22K 40
Book One Nikita Anderson, a young werewolf from the Blood Moon pack. Shortly after her twentieth birthday she soon realizes that she is mated to none...
19.6K 309 9
Accused of a heinous crime she didn't commit, Adaline finds herself imprisoned within the foreboding walls of the High Council of Elders Palace. Exil...
5.6K 666 40
A rogue attack forces Harper Smith to save and build her pack, Silver Star Pack, up from dust. Her past is full of confusion and mystery and she soon...
626K 16.1K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...