The Rain's Sentinel (Hetalia...

By ThistleSoap

After running away from your abusive mother, you wind up in the care of Arthur, a mysterious bachelor with a... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Chapter 69( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Important note
Chapter 90
Please read
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Important
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Smh
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Announcement
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Stream update
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Streaming now!
Epilogue
Arthur's Note

Chapter 65

2.5K 91 44
By ThistleSoap

  You sat on your bed, the white box on the blanket in front of you. "Hey." Arthur said as he poked his head in, "Are you almost ready to go? You're meeting with Emil, right?"

  You nodded and moved the box to the nightstand where it normally sat before sliding off your bed. "You still haven't opened it?" Your dad asked with a raised eyebrow. You shook your head as you walked past him to the stairs. "Text me when you get there please." He said as you slipped on your dress shoes. "Okay." You said quietly. Your dad put a hand on your shoulder as you opened the door. "I'm fine." You stated as you shook his shoulder off gently and left silently.

  Emil was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for you. "Did you have to wait long? I'm sorry." You said. He shook his head and took your hand in his. "Let's go." The teen said quietly, leading you down the sidewalk. You nodded and followed.

~~~~~~~~

    Francis pulled up to the sidewalk in front of Arthur's apartment, a small stack of papers in the passenger seat. He reached over to grab them as you walked down the stairs to where Arthur lived. The Frenchman looked up as you spoke with Emil momentarily before the latter took your hand and walked with you down the street. Francis sighed. You were in all black, Emil dressed the same. It was apparent even from where Francis sat that you had gotten awfully thin. Shaking his head, the blond grabbed the papers and climbed out of the car.

  Arthur opened the door with a small smile. "Hello." He said. "You left some paperwork that needed to be done. The boss was pissed, so I got them for you." Francis said, handing him the stack. Arthur took them and nodded. "Thanks." He said. "Oh, how's (y/n)?" Francis said suddenly, "I saw her and her friend leave for somewhere."

  "Oh, she's going to another funeral." Arthur said quietly. Francis frowned. "She looked really thin..." The Frenchman said. "Yeah, she wasn't eating anything for a while. She's getting better, though." Arthur replied, "You wanna come in for some coffee?"

  "Uh, okay." Francis smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~

    You and Emil walked away from the cemetery quietly. Tears were in your eyes, and Emil wasn't much better off. He looked to you and reached the hand not holding yours to wipe away on of your tears. "I'm fine." You sniffed. "Sure you are." He said as he squeezed your hand, "Have you eaten today?"

  "No." You said. Emil sighed and tugged your hand toward a cafe down the street. "Em, i'm fine." You stated, digging your heels in the ground. "No. You need to eat." He insisted, stomping a foot on the ground with a pout. "I'm fine." You muttered as you sighed and followed him. The teen led you to a table outside and pulled out a chair for you. "Thanks." You mumbled as he sat down across from you. "Get something to eat." He commanded.

  You ended up getting a small sandwich. Emil ordered a salad, and you both ate in comfortable silence. "How have your brother's been?" You asked. "They haven't left me alone since the thing." He laughed, "They worry a lot."

  "Awe, that's sweet." You smiled. "They care way too much." He sighed, "At least your dad leaves you alone for more than a second."

  "Oh, I wish. He pokes his head in my room every millisecond to make sure i'm okay. My mom's the one that left me alone." You smiled. "You haven't said much about your mom before. What was she like?" Emil asked curiously. "She would leave home for days, man. And she was usually drunk. I stayed holed up in my room a lot." You said. Emil's eyes widened. "Oh. Uh, sorry for asking..." He said quietly. "Nah, it's cool. She sucked." You stated as you paid the waiter.

  "Now hun, I have to disagree." An all too familiar voice said from behind you. You whipped your head around to find Catherine at a table behind you, peeking over her menu with raised eyebrows. "Oh, hey Cathy. We'd love to stay and chat, but we were just leaving." You said irritably as you stood up. "Don't call me that." Catherine snapped, standing up as well and putting her menu on the table. Before she could say any more you grabbed Emil's hand and marched off. To your horror you could hear her heels clack behind you. "Not so fast, (y/n). Why are you talking about your family like that?" She called. You sped up. 

  "You little-" Catherine spat, beginning to pick up her pace. You squeezed Emil's hand and began to run, nearly dragging the male behind you before he started running too. "Get back here!" Catherine yelled. You looked to Emil and raced down the street with him beside you. Catherine's heels clacked after you. Emil looked back to find her closer than he would have preferred. "C'mon!" He exclained as you and him rounded a corner, your apartment down the road that seemed endlessly long. 

~~~~~~~~~~

  "Sorry I kept you so long." Arthur said cheerily. "Oh, it was no trouble. Thank you for the coffee." Francis smiled, "Have a nice day" as Arthur shut the door. Francis turned around and sighed happily. He wandered down the stairs and was almost to his car when an angry yell made him turn his head.

  You and Emil were racing down the street hand in hand, someone behind you screaming profanities. Before the Frenchman could do anything you turned into an alley between two buildings and vanished from view. The person yelling, who Francis could see as a woman in heels and a pencil skirt, jogged after you and into the alley.

  "What the?" He muttered to himself as he ran to the stairs leading to Arthur's apartment. The blond knocked on the door loudly. "Oh, Francis? Did you forget somethi-?" Arthur began, but was cut off by the Frenchman. "(y/n) and Emil were being chased by someone and they ran into an alley just now and-"

  "Did the person chasing them have long brown hair?" Arthur exclaimed. "Y-yes." Francis said. 

"Jesus Christ, It's fucking Catherine." Arthur yelled, pushing past Francis and racing down the stairs. Francis closed the apartment door before going after him and calling "I'm coming too!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

  You and Emil turned into the alley in a desperate attempt to be rid of Catherine. To your relief, the alley led to a back road full of corners and opportunities of escape. Emil yanked you around a corner as she came into view. "I know you two are here." She yelled into the silence, "You can't hide forever."

  You looked wildly around and chose a road to run down before Catherine could reach where you stood. Emil gripped your hand as you led him out of view just before the brunette reached the end of the alley. "Get out here, you wimp." She said irritably, her heels clicking down the many alleys you could have vanished down. You pressed yourself into a corner with Emil as she walked past where you were hidden, accidentally crinkling a piece of paper that had been lying on the ground. She stopped a few feet away and whipped her head to where you sat.

  "Ah, there you are." She smiled. Emil's eyes widened as she stalked over and crouched down to your level. "Now, why don't you tell me why you think it's okay to talk about your mommy like that?"

  "F-Fuck you." You stammered. "Leave us alone." Emil spat. "Language." Catherine said as she cupped your head in her hand. You slapped it away and stood up. Emil stayed on the ground as Catherine stood up as well, towering over you in her heels. You slipped your dress flats off and kicked them to Emil as she took a step back. "Oh? Trying to stand up for yourself?" She sneered. You took a step toward her and glared. "There's no excuse for treating your family like that. Stop trying to defend your actions." Catherine stated.

   "She's not my family." You said. "Oh, I almost forgot. You think that scrawny Brit is your daddy or something." She replied. "He's a better parent than I ever had." You spat. "Was your mom giving up everything for you not enough? You think it's okay to let her sit in a prison cell after all she did for you? Your stupid Brit isn't your family, and neither are those creeps you call "uncles"." The brunette said coolly.

   "Don't talk about my family like that." You commanded. "For the love of- When will you get it through your thick head, (y/n)!? A perverted man who decided you were worth his time is no family." Catherine exclaimed.

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK FUCKFACE" You screamed, landing a blow to her face. Catherine staggered back and narrowed her eyes. She kicked off her heels and ran to you with fists raised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Arthur skidded around the corner with Francis close behind. "Oh god, where is she?" Arthur said, running to the end of the alley and looking wildly around. Before he could begin his search a familiar male came racing toward him. "Emil! Where is she!?" Arthur exclaimed. "D-down there, sir. They're fighting and I can't break them up." Emil panted as he pointed to another alley a ways off. The Brit gasped in shock and ran to where his finger led. "Thank you." Francis said before racing after the Brit with Emil close behind.

   You had Catherine pinned on the ground with a knee on her stomach, your dress sleeves torn as you yanked her hair while she clawed your face."(y/n)!" Arthur screamed, racing over to rip you off of her. Your face had a gash across it and your hair had blood in it. Catherine sat up and scowled. Her blouse was filthy, her skirt torn. "She needs to be locked up," She said, pointing at you, "She's insane. Not right in the head."

  You thrashed in Arthur's grip. Francis and Emil caught up to where you sat and ran to you. "You..." Emil said, standing over Catherine. "You hurt her first." He continued as the brunette began to stand. "I did no such thing." She spat as she picked up her shoes, "You two are lucky i'm not going to press charges."

  "I'll giVE YOU SOMETHING TO PRESS CHARGES ABOUT." You screamed. Arthur held you tighter as she stalked over to you. "See you around. Maybe you'll be civilized next time we talk." She smiled before whipping around and walking around the corner of the alley.

   "Let me go." You ordered. Francis and Emil crouched down in front of you as Arthur only held you tighter to him. "Good god, what did she do to you?" Francis exclaimed, gently moving your chin to look at the gash on your cheek. "Release me." You said. "What happened?" Arthur asked, ignoring your command. You relaxed in his grip and said nothing. "Sir, we were at this cafe and she was there, so we tried to leave and she followed us." Emil explained, "She said horrible things about you and your brothers. That's when they started fighting."

   "It was about me?" Arthur asked quietly. You scowled and remained silent. "You need to get that treated." Francis stated as he gently touched your cheek. You winced. Arthur turned your head so you looked at him and gasped. "Holy- how did she do that?" He asked. "High heels make good weapons." You muttered. "Oh my god..." Francis muttered. "Can we go home now?" You asked, "This place sucks and my hair is gross."

  "Yes." Arthur said, letting you go to stand up. You tried to run around the corner but Emil caught you in his arms. "You need to let her go." He said, grabbing your hand firmly in his. "Fine." You muttered as Arthur led the way to the apartment.

  Hey guys! don't forget to comment and vote! I love you all. Asta la Pasta~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

716 35 26
You are a country, you have responsibilities and you have your moments. What happen if you are met with the guy that you have always had a crush on a...
40.6K 948 10
(Y/N) (L/N) was a homeless 5 years old who was abandoned by her parents at a younger age. One day, in an ally, looking for food. (Y/N) was confronted...
5.6K 219 32
(Y/N) (L/N) isn't well known in this world. Being a small country secluded by the ocean, they don't get any recognition for the work they do in the s...
35.7K 1.6K 9
Never in Arthur's life would he expect to find someone who didn't think he was completely crazy when he said he could see things, or talk to magic cr...