Onihunter Yuna

By Mysi85

Yuna Masuda is an ordinary high school student until a fearsome man named Tirr enters her home one night and... More

Foreword
Quote
Prologue
01 Dragons
02 Disaster
03 Torture
04 Torment
05 Punishment
06 Peace
07 Awakening
08 Visitor
09 Deception
10 No way out
11 Resistance
12 Reunion
13 Threat
14 First Hunt
15 Escape
16 Caught
17 Home, sweet Home
18 Acquaintance
19 History
20 Trouble
22 Shopping
23 Accommodation
24 Roommates
25 Shooting
26 Enemy analysis
27 Flashback
28 First night alone
29 Sleep disturbance
30 Potential
31 Ready
32 Onihunt
33 Medic!
34 Uncle Doctor
35 Trust
36 Order placement
37 Meal
38 Dessert
39 Girltalk
40 Serenade
41 Introduction round
42 Dispute
43 Letting off steam
44 Night walk
45 Birth
46 Dance of death
47 Between life and death
48 The shadow realm
49 Prove yourself!
50 Confidential conversation
51 The way home
52 Determination
53 The long way home
54 Unwelcome
55 Emergency
56 Consultation
57 Mythical creature lesson
58 Confessions
59 Bed switch
60 The lost mentor
61 A new beginning
62 Fashion advice
63 Undertaker Shiba
64 Ceremonies
65 Decked
66 Sketches
67 Who is Yoshiro Takagi?
68 The way of the sword
69 Wash day
70 Saturday morning
71 Saturday afternoon
72 Saturday evening
73 The concert
74 Sakura sayonara
75 After show
76 Bar flirt
77 Hand in hand
78 Panic & Pain
79 Cleaned
80 Memories
81 The phone call
82 Hospital visit
83 Visiting hour
84 Friday, July 23rd 1993
85 Angel
86 Aftermath, Part 1
87 Aftermath, Part 2
88 Setting the course
89 Programming
90 The leader of the Oni
91 Re-calibration
92 No joyride
93 The cat girl
94 We are the Oni
95 Surprise guest
96 Rescue
97 Relationships
98 Acrobatics
99 Consequences
100 Date Night: Preparations
101 Date Night: Yui
102 Date Night: Hikari & Nisha
103 Date Night: Kaito & Mizuki
104 Date Night: Takeru
105 Date Night: Wataru
106 Date Night: Yuna
107 Date Night: Midori
108 Date Night: Yoshiro
109 Date Night: Tirr
110 Date Night: The morning after
111 Friendships
112 Tea party
113 Kidnapped
114 Hostage rescue
115 The end of an era
116 The obituary
117 Where is Yuna?
118 The Death of Yoshiro Takagi
119 The Beginning of the End
120 Assault
121 Revenge
122 Foreplay
123 Nightmares
124 Brawl
125 Tirr's End
126 Dying
127 Unyielding
128 And they ...
Epilogue
Final Words
Sequel

21 Negotiations

42 1 1
By Mysi85

"I'd have started with other things, but if you're so eager to fight, we'll do it."

"I will kill you!"

"Yes, I'm convinced. Have you an idea how you're going to do that?"

Yuna said nothing.

"How unexpected. Do you have a pencil to take notes?"

"What?!"

"I'm going to explain to you a few basics. You might want to write them down."

"Fuck you!"

Yoshiro walked over the shelf. "All right. Before you attack a target, you should study it first. Its strengths, its weaknesses, if and what kind of abilities it has."

"Come down here!"

The teacher sighed and ran a hand through his tousled hair. "Are you even listening at all? I know that you're hard to wound, so I'll definitely not going to fight you in close combat. Roger that?"

"You wimp!"

"Against someone with a low self-control, provocation would probably work. Again you ignore your knowledge of my person."

The girl was raging mad. She looked around and noticed a palette of electronic waste. She picked up an old cellphone and threw it after Yoshiro. The device missed its target by about half a meter and smashed to pieces when it hit the floor of the warehouse. The Oni nodded grinning, as he moved again on the shelf.

"Improvisation. Quite good, but since you didn't train your visual perception, its extremely difficult for you to estimate the distance of a target, or hit it with something."

"Okay. I understand." Yuna let her shoulders hang. "I'm no good. I'm just a stupid girl."

"A somewhat harsh self-assessment, but not completely wrong."

"What should I do?"

Yoshiro pondered. "You could promise me that you will not try to kill me."

"I can't do that."

"Why do you want to get rid of me so badly?"

"In order to liberate the human souls you keep prisoner."

"I think you take this too serious, Yuna."

The blue-haired gazed straight up to him. "No. While I almost died, I met mother and Ayu. Their souls are free, but father and Mai's are not. And all the souls that you possess, are also not free."

"You're serious, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"This is so important to you, that you would rather kill me right now, instead of letting me train you first, right?"

"Yes."

Yoshiro touched his forehead. "You really should start to use your brain."

Yuna laughed bitterly. "I rather listen to my heart. I'm not as cold and calculating as you are."

"That hurt me."

"I don't care."

"You are very important to me, Yuna. I don't want you to get in trouble and die at the first opportunity."

"As if."

Yoshiro looked at her hurt. "The fact, that you have such a bad and gridlocked opinion about Oni saddens me. That you're so hostile towards me, hurts me even more. But I guess, I'd just be wasting our time and energy, if I wanted to convince you of the contrary."

The girl said nothing.

"I'll make you an offer. I'll teach you everything, you need to know. If I believe that you are ready, you can destroy me without a fight. If that is what you want."

"Don't get me wrong, Yoshiro. I love you like my own uncle. You were a good and reliable friend for me over the past years. The beautiful memories, that we share, are important to me. But you're an Oni. You possess souls that won't find peace as long as you live. And I can't live with that."

"Damn it."

"Tell me about it."

Yoshiro looked thoughtfully down at his student. It saddened him grossly that she was so uncooperative, but he was not able to change that at this moment. Maybe she could rebuild her trust in him in time and they could be "uncle" and "niece" again. Until then, he would have to be very patient with her.

The mentor appeared beside her. Yuna watched his every move, but didn't show any other reaction.

"Okay. Do we have a deal?", the Oni asked.

"You're not going to betray me?"

"I don't want to die, Yuna, but if that's the only way to earn your cooperation, I will do it."

"Thank you. Yes. Then we have a deal."

"You're so stubborn. Just like your father."

"I'm even more stubborn."

Yoshiro laughed amused. The high school student looked at him suspiciously, but then had a little grin. Basically, he was still the same as a few days ago. He hadn't changed, she did. Nevertheless, he was an Oni. He was a monster. And the monsters had to be extinguished.

"Your father and I have hunted together. I also taught him much."

"It was not enough."

"Tirr is a very strong and capable opponent. That makes it even more important, that you really are ready before you face him."

"He can't hurt me."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe he's strong enough to hurt and even kill you."

"No way."

Yoshiro sighed. "Please, listen to what I say."

The girl stayed silent.

"First, we train your eye. You need to regain your accuracy, until it's like before the attack. At least."

"How?"

"To throw things at me was not that stupid. Let's try ball sports."

"I hate sports."

"Me too."

The mentor left the girl for half an hour alone in the warehouse. She took the opportunity to get familiar with the building. She was shocked as she found out, that there really was just an improvised shower. Even worse was the fact, that only cold water came out of it.

"How does he clean himself?"

The blue-haired thought about Yoshiro. He usually was a little dingy. She asked herself, if he ever did take a shower. She had to admit, that she knew almost nothing about him.

Curious, she walked through the main room and looked at everything. Before a crate she paused.

"What's in it?"

She opened the box to investigate. A whole bunch of different knifes were inside. Her eye wandered to the other boxes. Was this a weapon stash? She explored another crate, which was filled with pistols and accessories. Yoshiro would teach her how to use these things, if he was true to his word. So far, he had never disappointed her.

The Oni returned with a plastic bag. Interrogative, the girl looked at him. He pulled out a roll of tennis balls and grinned. "We will throw some balls."

"And how is that supposed to help?"

"Your hand-eye-coordination must be improved, if you want to fight. Every hit and every shot must sit."

"That can't be that hard." Wordlessly, he threw a tennis ball to the girl. She grabbed it with both her hands, but it fell to the floor. "Again!"

"Okay." Another ball flew through the air.

Yuna focused intently on the ball. She took a step forward, reaching for the ball. Again, she missed her target. "Again!"

"At least you don't give up quickly. I like that."

"Stop talking and throw the damn ball!"

After Yoshiro had thrown all four balls, of which she wasn't able to catch a single one, it was the girl's turn. The first ball was flung far past the Oni. But the next one came so close to him, that the mentor could catch it. The fourth ball hit the teachers arm.

They practiced in this way until both throwing and catching worked properly. Then Yuna had to throw balls at a can stack, like at a carnival.

In the evening, the blue-haired sank exhausted down on the sofa and fell into a deep sleep. She never thought that it could be so tiring to play with balls, but as of now, she could throw and catch pretty accurately.

Yoshiro attentively observed the sleeping girl. "So, you really want to kill me? Unfortunately, I can't allow that to happen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 455 17
*No-Dah-chee* Book One in the Warrior of Dreams series! She moved so quick that her aura left behind afterimages, causing a blue spider web-like scen...
165 16 7
[This is a one-shot original work of fantasy] {COMPLETED} Tired of the same old "other world" anime? This is my play on the subject, turning it on it...
166K 6.1K 164
Arata Kashimura was hoping to have a normal, if lonely, high school life. He avoided others because he didn't want his secret to get out. That he wa...
3.8K 158 20
Full Title: Underneath the Bastardity, Mysogyny, and Asshole-lity, Lies a Kind Heart Asakura Hayaru was a kind person... well, was if it involves wom...