Newt Imagines :) | UNDER CONS...

By anneequah

Note » This book is currently undergoing editing and there will be no new updates for the time being This is... More

1 | math homework
3 | reunion
4.1 | the dark, dank moving cage
4.2 | fragment of a memory
4.3 | sharing knowledge
5 | rollercoaster
6 | ducklings
7 | aris the jerkface
8 | i adore you
9 | simple bonfire
10 | tmr marathon
11 | hope
12 | greatest gift i could ever recieve
13 | never enough
14 | very merry
15 | mistletoe
16 | orange puddles
#17.1
#17.2
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
#23
PLEASE READ
#24
AU #1
AU #2
#25
#26
#27
#28
#29
#30
#31
Random Imagine
AU #3
#32
#33.1
#33.2
#33.3
AU #4
#34
#35
#36
#37
#38
AU #5
#39
#40
#41
AU #6
#42
#43
#44
#45
#46
#47
#48
#49
#50
#51
AU #7
#52
#53
#54
#55
#56
Dating HP Characters would include...
#57.1
#57.2
#57.3
please read
#58
a/n
#59
#60
thoughts | tmr
#61
#62
#63
#64
#65
#66.1
#66.2
#SEPTEMBER2K16
#67
#68
(1) When Newt...
(2) When Newt...
(3) When Newt...
(4) When Newt...
(5) When Newt...
(6) Newt When...
IMPORTANT NOTE
anotha one
69 | i want to apply for a new job

2 | scorchin'

5.7K 132 41
By anneequah

"We need to get more water." Thomas proclaimed as we attempted to devise a plan.

My friends and I had been in the treacherous scorch for about two days. Our discussion had taken place as we stood in an abandoned building that was in the middle of the sand dunes.

I let my mind wander as I looked at the shards of glass from broken windows, and stained walls. They talked about very generic concepts— definitely things we had been over a couple times, so taking my mind of the threat of death for one moment would be fine.

"We always need to stick together," Minho stated loudly, "We just need to continue doing what we've been doing. Alright shanks, let's get moving."

We filed out the door and I caught up with Newt.

"Hey." I smiled. He turned his head to look at me and smiled back.

"Hey, love." He'd always called me 'love' ever since I came out of the box in the glade. Honestly, it made my heart flutter every time.

"Newt?" I asked, suddenly serious.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He stopped walking and Minho turned around and saw.

The leader yelled, "NEWT! Keep walking! You can flirt and talk at the same time!"

We both blushed and continued to follow the group.

"Do you think we can make it to paradise?"

"Y/n, I will do anything to get you to paradise," He reached out and intertwined my fingers with his, "you have my word."

* * *

Later that night we gathered around a fire that was haphazardly built. Despite the assumption that the scorch was hot as the depths of hell, nighttime was as cold.

Even though the small fire flickered near my feet, the chill of the air was getting to me. I shivered as Newt sat next to me.

"Are you cold?"

I nodded, trying to be nonchalant.

He silently scooted closer to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I yawned and nestled into him.

"Thanks, Newt." I smiled softly.

"Anything for you, love." He kissed me on the top of my head and I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

* * *

I woke up just as the sun started rising on the horizon. My head was resting on Newt's chest and he had his arms wrapped around me. I looked at his sleeping face that was undeniably cute, and his hair that was sticking up all over the place.

"It's not very nice to stare." He mumbled.

"Oh you're awake." I yawned and sat up, slightly embarrassed.

"Hey, hey! I was kidding." He sat up too. A grin plastered across his face.

"SHANKS TIME TO GET A MOVE ON!!!"

Minho stood up abruptly and started clapping his hands and shouting at people to start getting ready for the journey.

As we walked I kept my pace aligned with one of Thomas, one of my best friends.

"You know what?" I asked.

"What?"

"I think we're getting really close to that city."

"You're right. We're making pretty good time." He paused then a smirk crossed his face and it stayed there. I suspiciously looked at him, wanting to know what he was thinking about, yet not wanting to ask at the same time.

"What is it?"

"How's your boyfriend?" His eyes sparkled with the humor of the situation.

"Newt? Oh, he's not my boyfriend..."

"You're kidding! You guys are totally together."
He rolled his eyes as if I were the stupidest person in the world.

I nervously smiled. Newt meant a lot to me.

I twisted my hair into a pony tail and the man of the hour joined us.

"Does it ever look like there's things moving in the city?" He asked, squinting.

I strained my eyes. There were some awfully big buildings. In that moment they looked like the size of my finger nail. It appeared that many windows were broken. Perhaps the buildings had been standing there for a hundred years with no repair jobs.

"Kind of."

"It's hard to tell."

* * *

A day later we reached the city. The building gave off vibes of dismal, but I shoved them away. We were making progress and that was a good thing.

"Gather around!" Minho called out. "If my calculations are correct we are exactly a day ahead of schedule-"

A sharp cry of help cut off his leadership ideas. A chill went down my spine and I could tell something was very, very wrong. Newt shuffled through the small crowd of boys, closer to where I was standing. Meanwhile, we all looked around to see the source of the scream.

Another scream sounded from a nearby building. Then a cackle of laughter.

"Maybe we should just keep moving." Minho looked uncertain.

We started to move again when a very large group of people broke through some dirty windows.

"You shouldn't have come to the scorch! You shouldn't have come here, little children!" What seemed to be the head of the new group scanned our faces.

The people were ill. It looked like they had ripped parts of their hair out and dirt was smudged into their skin. The leader's left eye was swollen shut and there was a sore on his temple.

The longer I looked at these people the more it sunk in that they weren't okay.

These people had the Flare.

"We need to go." Thomas whispered to no one in particular.

The man limped forward and we all started moving away from him.

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE!!" He shrieked and the other laughed chaotically.

Minho yelled, "Get out of here!"

I knew he didn't want us all to run in separate directions, but our best option was to split up.

"Y/n!" Newt shouted.

We sprinted away from all the cranks and I could barely identify Newt's limp. About three of the monsters that were also human beings were chasing us. We couldn't stop running.

A male crank about twice my age had a sudden burst of adrenaline and tackled me to the ground. He leaned over my face and started stroking my face like you would to a cat.

He whispered over and over again, "Pretty girl. Pretty, pretty girl."

I screamed and tried to push him off of me.

"NEWT!!!" In an instant the crank was off of me and Newt knocked him unconscious. A few tears welled up in my eyes as Newt scared off the other two cranks.

"Oh my god, Y/n," He engulfed me in a hug. He was still shaking as we ran into a deserted building.

Newt slide against the wall.

If the same thing that was on my mind that was on his, then I understood why he was so shaken.

Is that crank dead?

"I'm in love with you," he quietly stated.

"I- I love you too," I softly replied.

With these words hanging in the atmosphere, we sat in silence. The sight of death and love was still fresh in our minds and it was a peculiar combination.

Newt sighed, keeping his eyes open.

The scary thing was that he was afraid to close his eyes, afraid to see the traumatizing images. The even scarier thing was that the world around you was just as frightening as the past.

You just had to chose which one you wanted to face.

Hey! I hope these imagines are getting better, but this one was longer.

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and I hope you have/had a great day!! ❣️

-anneequah

Edited: 11/5/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
596K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
462K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...