Brothers Best Friend is the o...

By jadenhenlinelove

Cole Wagners younger sister, Chloe Wagner has always been super close with the boys on the red land team. Bei... More

Chapter 2// All fun and no Games
Chapter 3// Feelings
Chapter 4// On the way to florida
Update (please comment ☺️)
Announcement
Chapter 5// I got you
Chapter 6 // Babe
Chapter 7/ Intentional or Nonintentional?
Chapter 8//
Chapter 9 // This one's for you
Chapter 10// Jealousy
Chapter 11 // Love is strange
sorry /:
Chapter 12
HEY
Chapter 13// Worth the wait
Chapter 14// Lies on lies on lies
Chapter 15//
Chapter 16//
Chapter 17//
Chapter 18//
Chapter 19//
Chapter 20//
Chapter 21//
Chapter 22//
Chapter 23//
Chapter 24
Chapter 25//
Chapter 26//
Epilogue

Chapter 1// Just friends

7K 67 27
By jadenhenlinelove

"No, Cole; but nice try" I said with a smile, rolling my eyes at my brother.

He was infamous for trying to make me help him get girls. "Serious Chlo? I'll bet you she digs THE cole wagner."

He was too much. "Ha ha, very funny. Now, if you'd excuse me brother I have important things to do."

Shaking his head, he got up from my bed and shot me a look with his piercing blue eyes. They were genetically the best trait that ran in my family. We all had blue eyes, and generally speaking, blonde hair. Cole and I were no exception.

"You? important things to do, on a saturday? Nice try." He turned to walk down the hall then yelled, "You're coming today right?"

Obviously. "Wouldn't miss it!"

My brother played for red land little league, and today was their last game of reigonals. If they won this, they would represent the mid-atlantic section for the little league world series. If they lost, then they would be second in the mid-atlantic region.

I always went to their games. One, i loved the game of baseball; and wasnt too bad at softball myself. Two, The boys on the team were all like brothers to me; and i loved to support my brother.

Taking a peak at my alarm clock, it was currently 11 AM. His game was at two, which made no sense because he wasn't dressed and my dad hadn't started to warm him up yet.

He was definitely last minute.

Yawning hardcore because I hadn't got much sleep last night after our school's football game, I decided to get myself together and shower.

My shower was right across the hall, and I shared it with Cole. He was actually really tidy; so it wasn't too much of a pain.

After jumping in the shower, i set my hair into two french braids so i could take them out before the game and have my hair be wavy.

I walked back into my bedroom, and stared blatantly at my closet. Choosing outfits was the hardest thing ever for me. It wasn't that I had no clothes, because I had plenty, it was just that I couldn't pick anything.

"Ugh, i literally have nothing" I mumbled to myself.

"Oooh, Chloe trying to impress someone at my game?" Cole sing-songed, sneaking his head into my room.

I gestured to myself with my hands and raised an eyebrow, "Me? Impressing someone on your team?"

He smiled and ruffled his hair a little before putting his hat on. "True, it was a pretty left field idea."

"You got that right - dont worry about me though! You've got a game to get too."

"You're right; see you there!" He left then.

*

Finally deciding on light-wash jeans, uggs, and a wagner jersey, I ran down the steps quickly. My mom beeped twice from the sudan, and I eagerly hopped in.

"So, So, so sorry- clothing crisis. I had nothing to wear," i panted, and slammed the door as she pulled out.

Shooting me a look, my mom turned off our street and went at a fast pace. Knowing this was an important game, she would hate to miss it. Heck, I was even a little upset we were late.

She finally interrupted the silence once we'd stopped at a red light, "so chloe, i heard from cole that you have a homecoming dance coming up?"

I nodded nonchalantly, "Yeah, like next week or something?"

"Who are you planning on going with?" She asked me, and I felt a bit like she was beginning to press me for information.

"I dont know mom - honestly, havent put much thought into it. Probably with my friends."

She nodded slowly, and I could tell she was carefully considering the thought. "Well that's certainly fine, but I'm also sure the boys on your brothers team would be more than happy to take take you as a date."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "yeah, okay. That's really weird. So, no thanks."

This time she rolled her eyes, and thankfully my phone buzzed before I had to answer any more questions.

It was Zack Sooy, one of the boys on my brothers team and also one of my best friends.

Zack 👫: Hey, where are you??
Me: Omg, so sorry im late - i literally had nothing to wear
Zack 👫: stop 😂 im sure you look fine, just get here!!
Me: basically here!!!

I clicked my phone off as we pulled into the parking lot, and eagerly hopped out of the car.

At the bleachers were all the usual supporters of our team, everyones parents and siblings.

As i sat down next to my mom Mrs.Henline approached me.

"Well hey pretty thing!"

Blushing, "Hey Mrs.Henline! And thank you."

She grinned, "of course! You should come hangout sometime soon, its been a few since i've seen you over."

I nodded, "i'll get right on that! jaden and i need to hangout soon."

*

The game ended, incredibly. Jaden struck out seven batters, and ended the last inning. The other team only had one run, and we had 13.

Cole got several homeruns, which makes me extremely proud to be his sister. The other boys played fantastically too.

I rushed over to the dug out, slowly siding the gate open and quietly walking in to not disrupt my dad's congratulatory speech.

It didnt work, as all the boys turned to look and smile at me once I walked in. I waved, and waited to say anything till my dad was done talking.

"Oh, you boys all act like you've never seen a girl before!" My dad joked, and they all laughed; some even blushed.

After my dad was done talking, I rushed up to Cole and gave him a hug. "Great job! I'm insanely proud of you,"

He smiled and tightly hugged me back, i Knew his focus was on the fact that they were now going to the little league world series.

"Thanks Chlo, means a lot"

I then found BK, and when he wasn't looking, jumped on his back.

"What the-" Braden exclaimed, spinning around until he saw my face.

He then smiled, the most adorable smile and winked. "So, whaddya think??"

Laughing, "Well, you were nothing short of amazing- and your hair looks quite nice."

He smiled, seemingly pleased with my compliment. "Ahh - I always knew you dug me."

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips. "You can only dream BK,"

He grinned widely and reached for my hand, giving it a kiss. "I can only hope,"

I squealed slightly and let out a laugh. "You, Braden Kolmansberger, are such a flirt,"

"Just how you like me," he winked, "see ya later Chlo! Mom's waiting for me."

"Byee!" I yelled.

Just as I turned around, I saw Zack.

"Zack! Hey great job, as always"

He gave me a hug and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Thank you, and was that flirting I saw with Braden earlier?"

He was a little overprotective. But thats just how good best friends are. Zack and I were always like brother and sister.

"Oh jeez, that? That was him flirting and me being an innocent bystander,"

He nodded and mumbled suspiciously, "I see, I see.. You look nice though."

I gave my outfit a once over and smiled, "really? This is the 'I have nothing to wear'; look." 

"Well it looks great. Hey, come on - lets find our parents."

We walked out of the dugout together and I saw Jaden, I had wanted to congratulate him as well. "Hey I'll check in with you later, I'm gonna go congratulate jaden."

He pouted, but nodded. "Alright, see ya later Chloe."

"Jaden!" I called, and he turned around with a perfect smile on his teeth.

"Chloe, hey" He got up from the ground and gave me hug. Actually, a long hug.

He really did give good hugs and I felt myself tingle at his embrace.

"Great game, You pitched perfectly."

He smiled and gave me an intensely serious look in the eye, before nodding his head and smiling. "You think? Thanks though!"

I nodded, "Obviously! Hey did you want to hangout soon? I get that you'll be super busy with the world series and all but -"

"Definitely, and don't worry. I can definitely make time. I'll see you tonight though?"

I nodded, not sure where he was going with this. "Oh?"

He laughed obviously becoming aware that I was not filled in. "Cole invited us over tonight."

"He doesn't fill me in on things, I see. But yes! I'll obviously be there, wouldn't miss it."

He poked my stomach and smiled, "Sweet. See ya then."

I nodded, feeling suddenly light headed. "You bet,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
158K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
171K 4.5K 39
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...