Dragons: Celestine Academy(ht...

By eljayem25

Astrid Hofferson a young orphan, living in the world of people whom she never understands. A world that she c... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: Where we begin...
CHAPTER 2: Mysterious Blue Light
CHAPTER 3: Escape
CHAPTER 4: Houses and Roommates
CHAPTER 5: School, Classes, Magic
CHAPTER 6: Snowflakes
CHAPTER 7: Fire Emotions
CHAPTER 8: Non of your business
CHAPTER 9: Dragon Test
CHAPTER 10: Divine strength and beauty of all
CHAPTER 11: Idiot
CHAPTER 12: Day of the Test
CHAPTER 13: Man in Black
CHAPTER 14: Trust
CHAPTER 15: My Chevalier
CHAPTER 16: Results
CHAPTER 17: Voices
CHAPTER 19: The Cave
CHAPTER 20: Holy Egg of Celestine
CHAPTER 21: Nightmares
CHAPTER 22: Shops and a Book
CHAPTER 23: Princess
CHAPTER 24: Name the Royal Eg-rr Dragon
CHAPTER 25: Confusions
CHAPTER 26: Black Magic
CHAPTER 27: Hush Little Snowflakes
CHAPTER 28: Secret Told
CHAPTER 29: Guardian
CHAPTER 30: Blue
CHAPTER 31: Twist
Reposted: CHAPTER 32: Confusions
CHAPTER 33: Celestines Unite
CHAPTER 34: Summoners
CHAPTER 35: Challenge (prt. 1)
CHAPTER 36: Challenge (prt. 2)
CHAPTER 37: Stars
CHAPTER 38: Back to the start
CHAPTER 39: Home is where the power belongs
CHAPTER 40: Dragons
CHAPTER 41: The Crown
CHAPTER 42: Play Your Part
CHAPTER 43: Angel with a Shotgun
CHAPTER 44: Sapphire Dome
CHAPTER 45: Companion/s
CHAPTER 46: A soldier I will be
CHAPTER 47: Trickery
CHAPTER 48: Freezing Point (Epilogue)
A/N
BOOK 2 FINALLY RELEASED
New Hiccstrid ff
New book is Out!
Advertisement

CHAPTER 18: Announcement

3.6K 160 8
By eljayem25

All of us were now gathered in the Great Hall. We were waiting for what the bell called us for. Everyone was curious except my housemates. Snotlout was looking at his handy mirror, admiring himself, Fishlegs was reading a book, the twins were arm wrestling to prove who among them was the strongest. Hiccup was just taking a nap beside me. I don't know what's gotten into him but he seems to be always beside me ever since we got home from the horror maze.

But who cares, at least were good friends now. I hope...

"Good evening students." A voice came. I turn my head to see headmaster Xavier. He was wearing a very wide smile on his face, like he just won something very wonderful that he hadn't got for along time.
"I gather you all today, to announce, that all of you had passed the test, and were allowed to visit the Dragon Caves, to find the dragon suitable for you, and be your companion." Said the headmaster.

Everyone gave a round of applause, hearing this very delighted news. I turn to my friends and congratulate them for their success. Hiccup had no emotion on his face again and just rested his elbows on the table while resting his head on his palms obviously taking this as just a normal news for him.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked him. Hiccup look at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?" He asked no emotion in his tone.
"Aren't you happy you passed?" I asked him. He just shrug his shoulders and just ignore me.

Here he goes again with his ice cold manner.

After a while, the headmaster dismissed us. We separate ways, since I still wanted to go at the garden, since its just about 5:00 in the afternoon, and I need fresh air.

When I reached the garden, the sight of beautiful kinds of flowers tinted in blue greeted me with their shimmering petals that look like crystals. I remembered when I arrived here, the castle of crystal, surrounded with crystal flowers that look like these.

I pick a blue rose from a patch and raise it to my nose to smell its sweet scent. I remember when I was just young, where my brother was still alive, every time we celebrate my birthday, he always give me a blue chain of fresh flowers coming from the meadow where our house was nearby. We always dance as he sings me my favorite song.

"In the meadows of green,
Where a princess had lived,
Her smiles light up the day, where little puppies play, under the shade of gray,
Where her love is stronger, that will last forever..."

Clap! Clap! Clap!

I turn around in surprise, and saw Hiccup there, sitting by the bench with a smirk on his face.
"Oh, its you." I said and walk towards the bench and sat down beside him.
"You got some singing there huh?" He said.
"Not really." I shrug.

"You know Astrid, its useless if you keep yourself to be away from those people around you, hiding isn't the best thing to do here." Hiccup said looking above the sky.
"I'm not hiding." I said.
"That's not what I meant of hiding." He said, this time looking down at me.

Then what? I asked in my mind, for sure he can read it right?

"What I meant is in here." He said pointing at his chest.
"Your hiding your sadness." He said. I let out a sigh, "maybe your right."

"We could change that." He said and stand up. He turn to me and placed his hand in front of me. I look at him in confuse and he was just smiling.
Instead of asking, I took his hand in mine, and he pull me up, causing my to fall on him. I look up at him, and he was hugging me.

I felt my cheeks heat up. No one has ever hug me ever since my brother died, not even my cousin Kelly.
Hiccup took my other hand and place it on his shoulder, and he held the other and his other hand fell not my waist, that I felt tingles ran through me.

I just look at his motions, completely confuse of what he was doing. But he was just smiling at me.

I stare into his eyes, wanting to read what he was trying to do, but I'm stuck on curiosity that I wasn't able to speak anything. And I just felt that my feet was moving along with my body. Realising were already dancing. And Hiccup started singing.

"Going out tonight
Changes into something red
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress
Everything she never had she's showing off.."

I realised that everything around us was dark, only the moon was giving light upon us, as the wind blew through my hair, brushing it like fingers of a mother brushing her daughter's hair.

"Driving too fast
Moon is breaking through her hair
She's heading for something that she won't forget
Having no regrets is all that she really wants..."

Hiccup suddenly bend down to my ear and whispered, "Happy birthday."
I smiled, even though he was the only one who knows about my birthday, I appreciated his effort for me to make me smile on this special day of my life

I then pulled him into a tight hug as a tear fell off my eyes.
"Thank you." I whispered back.

***

After Hiccup and I finished our little dance back in the garden, we headed back to the dorms, where- "SURPRISE!"

"Wow!" I gasped, seeing my dorm mates gathered together with everything that was prepared for a birthday party.

"Happy birthday Astrid!" Each of them greeted as they placed presents on my arms. I look at Hiccup, who got a big smile, probably the biggest smile I saw on him as he look down at me. I smiled back and thank everyone for what they did.

"How'd you know its my birthday?" I asked them, placing the gifts on the table.
"Hiccup told us, and planned for a birthday surprise for you." Replied Fishlegs.
"Wow, really?" I asked and look at Hiccup who was now trying to defend himself from being stained by the icing of the cake that Tuffnut and Snotlout were trying to put on his face, a big smile plastered on his face.

"I never knew Hiccup will do this for me." I muttered.

"He can be something behind that cold personality of his." Ruffnut nodded her head.

"Yeah.." I agreed.

Suddenly, my face was now covered with icing, when Tuffnut, Snotlout and Hiccup just wipe some of the icing on me.

"Ahahaha!" They laughed and did the same to Fishlegs and Ruffnut.

"Food fight!" Ruffnut screamed and scooped icing from the 4 layer cake they did and chased after the three. While I was just laughing as they chase each other like kids.

And the night ended up like this until we decided to clean up and take some rest for a big day tomorrow.

The others went to get some sleep already, while Hiccup and I stayed up to clean the few stains left.

"That was fun." Hiccup said. "Yeah, it is." I agreed as I put the mop back in the cleaning closet together with the brooms and stuff.

"Anyway, thanks for doing this." I said turning to Hiccup. He gave me a thumb up. "For a friend, I will." He smiled.

I smiled back. I headed to my room, changing my clothes and laid on my bed, my smile still visible on my face.

This is the best day of my life!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 1.3K 69
ITS HICCSTRID!! Just cuteness!! Please leave a suggestion or feedback! If there is a story you want to see written, leave in the comments and I'll st...
8.8K 282 24
Haley is a young girl with an unusual gift. Some would call it a curse. Her? She calls it a convenient nuisance. Together with a dragon no one wants...
46.7K 883 44
- in which hiccup & astrid are a couple & go through crazy adventures - *completed: april 21,2017
143K 4.9K 20
ᯐ π’π€π•πˆππ† 𝐌𝐘 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 ( π™·π™Ύπš† πšƒπ™Ύ πšƒπšπ™°π™Έπ™½ πšˆπ™Ύπš„πš π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ ) ─────────────────── ❝ π–π‡π˜ 𝐀𝐑𝐄 π˜πŽπ” π’π“π€π‘πˆποΏ½...