The Rain's Sentinel (Hetalia...

By ThistleSoap

After running away from your abusive mother, you wind up in the care of Arthur, a mysterious bachelor with a... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Chapter 69( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Important note
Chapter 90
Please read
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Important
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Smh
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Announcement
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Stream update
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Streaming now!
Epilogue
Arthur's Note

Chapter 39

3.9K 147 225
By ThistleSoap

   Arthur ran his hands through his hair and sighed. He couldn't focus on his work no matter how hard he tried. "You okay, Arthur?" Francis asked as he walked by. "Yeah. Fine." the Brit mumbled. Francis stopped and put a hand on Arthur's shoulder. "That's your lying face." He smirked. "I don't have a face." Arthur frowned. "Tell me what's wrong." Francis commanded, taking a seat at the empty desk across from Arthur's.

 "No."

"I'm not leaving until you do." Francis pouted. "Is it about (Y/n)?"

"....Yes."

  "I heard (y/n). Is she okay?" Toni asked, walking to stand next to Francis. Arthur looked down to his desk. "No." He muttered. Toni and Francis gasped. "What happened!?" Toni insisted, smacking his hands on the table. Arthur looked up at them and sighed. "It's fine. She'll be fine." He mumbled. "Please tell us." Francis said gently, "We care about (Y/n) too."

  With another sigh, Arthur realized refusing to tell them would be useless. "While Alfred and Matthew were there yesterday, a friend of her mom's came to visit, locked Matt and Alfred out of the room, and attacked (y/n). I got there right as she was arrested..." He said quietly. Francis and Toni gasped loudly. "Oh my god..." Francis whispered, "Is she okay?"

  "She has cuts on her face and isn't saying much anymore." Arthur replied sadly. "The lady, (y/n) said her name was Catherine, ripped out her IV and pulled her hair. From what (y/n) has said she said some pretty awful stuff too."

  "Would it be okay if we visited after work?" Toni asked. "Okay. (y/n) seems to like you guys. I really just want to try to get more of what Catherine said out of her." Arthur said. "If it's okay to ask, what did this Catherine say?" Francis questioned. "Uh, I wouldn't tell (y/n) you know, but she told me Catherine said her biological father is dead. And that it is supposedly (y/n)'s fault..." Arthur said with a frown. Francis put a hand over his mouth. "Poor thing..." Toni said quietly. "Matt said (y/n) fought back too, though. She screamed at her and called her names, and Alfred claims he saw her slap Catherine when he looked through the door window." Arthur sighed. "That's pretty cool." Toni smiled weakly. "Oh, I was wondering," Francis began, "If she just had her appendix burst, why has she been at the hospital for so long and on an IV?"

  "The doctor pulled me aside after she had surgery and said she's even more underweight than last time she was at the hospital, when her mother hit her with that frying pan."  Arthur sighed. "Ah." Francis said sadly. "Yeah... The IV is making sure she still gets nutrients and stuff even if she doesn't eat." Arthur said as his phone buzzed. 

Matthew: (y/n) has revealed that the Ice king, the antagonist on Adventure Time, writes fanfiction of the main protagonists. That's all i've gotten so far.

  Arthur laughed to himself. "What's so funny" Toni asked. "Matt said all he's gotten out of (y/n) so far is that the antagonist from Adventure Time writes fanfiction." Arthur said with a small smile. Toni and Francis giggled. "Isn't that that show on Cartoon network with the kid with that hat and dog?" Toni asked. "Yeah, (y/n)'s really into it." Arthur smiled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You ate another Jello cup as you watched TV with Uncle Matt. "Is the Jello good?" Matthew asked. "Nah." You mumbled as you continued to eat it. "Why are you eating it then?" He asked, confused. "Because I can." You replied. Matthew nodded with a smile and pulled out his phone.

 Matthew: Update: (y/n) has told me that while she does not like the taste of the Jello she is receiving, she eats it simply because she can. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:06pm

Matthew: (y/n) stated that the hospital gowns are the color of vomit. I must agree.

1:45pm

Matthew: according to (y/n), Pearl from Steven Universe has no chill.

2:00pm

Matthew: (y/n) has informed me out of the blue that Emil's favorite band is Bring Me The Horizon. She looked horrified when I asked what her favorite was.

3:31pm

Matthew: She watched all of The Nightmare Before Christmas without a word. I think she likes Halloween.

3:35pm

Matthew: (y/n) casually mentioned that Sebastian will probably need to be tuned when she returns home. Whatever that means.

3:52pm

Matthew: She's asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Arthur glanced at his phone as he left his work. Matthews updates made him smile, and he brought up the keypad to respond.

Arthur: On my way with Francis and Toni. Sebastian is the name of her ukulele.

  The drive to the hospital was short and silent. Francis and Toni followed in their cars behind him on the way there. When he met them at the door, they both looked very anxious. "I'm sure she'll be happy to see you," Arthur smiled, "Just don't expect much out of her."

 Once they reached your room, they found you just waking up and rubbing an eye. "Hey, (y/n)." Francis said gently. Toni skipped in behind him with an excited smile that faded slightly when he saw the thin marks on your cheeks. "Hi!" he exclaimed, "How're you feeling?"

 You looked at him with a spaced out look and gently touched a scratch on your face. "They gave me a different kind of Jello today." You muttered. "Was it good?" Toni asked as he sat by your feet. "No." You said, "The texture of Jello is weird."

  "I agree." Francis smiled. He sat on your bed by your torso and gently touched your matted hair. "She pulled my hair." You muttered, moving your head away from his hand. Francis gasped a little and looked to Arthur. The Brit shrugged. "S-Sorry..." Francis said quietly. "s'okay." you mumbled tiredly. Suddenly, you blinked and looked more awake. "How was work, dad?" You asked. Arthur looked to you in surprise and said, "It was nice. What did you do today?"

  "I ate Jello and watched TV with Uncle Matt." You said with a small smile. Francis and Toni grinned at you and turned to Matthew. "Uncle Matt?" They asked together. "I guess that's my name now." Matt smiled. "That's adorable. (y/n), you're adorable." Toni laughed. You turned to him with narrowed eyes. "Fear me." You muttered. Toni only laughed harder, and Francis joined in along with Uncle Matt. "I am the night." You said quietly.

"Sure you are, (y/n)." Matthew laughed.

 Hey guys! I thought you might want a new chapter before i returned to the hell pit that is school. Idk how much i'll be able to write this week, but hopefully these 5 chapters i've written will satisfy you until next weekend! My only friend is going to the homecoming dance with someone and i have no date (who wants to go to a dance with a girl who's nickname is Cabbage?), and assuming the teachers are kind enough to not assign homework homecoming night, you guys might get a chapter Friday night ish since thats the night of the dance. If not, next weekend. Best case scenario is another chapter tomorrow or Tuesday. I love you all, and don't forget to comment and vote! Asta la Pasta~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 131 23
Hetalia insert Featuring: Netherlands, Japan, America & England Growing up was not easy for (Y/n), She was enslaved by Netherlands, betrayed by Japan...
10.6K 288 39
You have updated your status! Single [✔️] In a relationship [✔️] Married [✔️] It's just complicated, bro [✔️] And guess what, lovely reader? You're a...
35.7K 1.6K 9
Never in Arthur's life would he expect to find someone who didn't think he was completely crazy when he said he could see things, or talk to magic cr...
200K 5.2K 44
in which there are one shots of characters from the hetalia franchise and the reader. i wrote this when i was about twelve and cringey, so beware.