The Boss's Assistant

By Believe_Mahone

Mia Marie Claire begins to work for a high level company with a boss who's strict and harsh, but knows how to... More

Prologue
Mr. Mahone
Undecided
You Can't Tell
Caught Up
Exams
Me & You
White Lies
Broken Then Fixed
Protecting You
Contact
Broken Inside
We Need To Talk
Boy or Girl?
Shopping vs. Drama
Time & Breakups
Baby On Board!
New vs. Old
Her Parents
Jealousy
Mine
Inseparable
Change
Honest
When He Finds Out
Only You
Stolen
Too Deep
Losing You
I Don't Like Her
Control
Volume
Prove It
Together
Babies
Campus
Problems
The Worst
Next To You
All I Ever Need
Bed Rest
Pain
Miracle
Explain
Big Steps
New Beginnings: Part 1
New Beginnings: Part 2
New Beginnings: Part 3
There Will Be Rain
Custody: Part 1
Custody: Part 2
Gone
No Escape
Not Involved
Style
Dirty Work
Outside of the Box
Manners
Hospital Hours
Limits
"The Bad Man"
Tension Rising
Not Without You
Your Choice
Deceitful
Underestimated
Truth
Who's Wrong?
Tough Love: Part 2
Tough Love: Part 3
While You're Away: Part 1
While You're Away: Part 2
Bleed
My Baby
He's Hurt
Things Take Time
It's Not Me, It's You
Visits and Advice
Not An Update
Strength From Pain: Part 1
Strength From Pain: Part 2
Strength from Pain: Part 3
Sacrifice: Part 1
Sacrifice: Part 2
Baby Steps
Love and Care
Come and Go: Part 1
Come and Go: Part 2
Close
Happy Birthday?
One Step Forward
Two Steps Back
There's a Reason
There's Always a Reason
Show You Care: Part 1
Show You Care: Part 2
Regret

Tough Love: Part 1

1.9K 112 67
By Believe_Mahone

Austin's POV
(7:04pm)

"Has your nose stopped bleeding yet?" I asked her as I brought the kids out into the living room.

"Yes, but it still hurts though." she answered as I lied Ally down on the couch covering her up with the pink blanket she brought.

"It's going to hurt, you got punched in the nose, Mimi." I told her as I went back into the room to get Carter.

"Well I know, it's not the first time I've been punched in the face." she mentioned and I knew what she was talking about.

"I also have a carpet burn on my back." she told me.

"I'll get the ointment out of the first-aid kit and put some on your back for you to ease the pain." I said lying Carter down on the other couch, covering him up with his blanket covered with little mustaches.

I went over to her and took the bloody tissue from underneath of her nose then out of her hands.

"The kids are going to be up again in a little while, so do you wanna make them something or order room service?" I asked her.

"Probably room service." she answered "And you're supposed to be on bed rest."

"After I get you cleaned up I promise I'll go back to bed, okay?" I negotiated.

"Alright, fine."

Robert's POV

My phone vibrates in my hand as I get yet another message from Hannah, all together that makes ten messages.

I toss the phone onto the passenger seat and pull off in my Ferrari.

I drove for another hour or so getting a few things that I wanted from the store before I finally pulled into her driveway.

I twisted and pulled the keys out of the ignition, then I got out of the car.

Shutting the door behind me, I made my way up the pathway and knocked on the door. I waited for a minute before she finally opened the door.

"Robert" she greeted with a small smile

"Mrs. Miller."

"Where is my daughter?" she asked looking around, then eyeing me.

"She's at home." I answered.

"Is she okay?" she asked.

"Somewhat." I told her honestly.

"Well what happened earlier? You were in such a rush that you barely had time to speak."

"Not to be pushy or anything, but may I come in?" I asked and she nodded opening the door, stepping aside for me to come in.

"Of course." she said to me.

After I came in, I took a seat on the couch and she came in and sat beside me. I folded my hands and looked at her before she spoke.

"So, what happened?" she asked me again.

"She got into a fight with Mia, I wasn't there, but when I did get there I was a little bit over the line when I talked to her; especially when we got home." I admitted and her mother nodded.

"What did they fight about?" she asked after nodding in response to what I said.

"Mia had a fair point about her past, but was wrong for the way she came at her with it. Mia got in her face, Hannah shoved her, and then they ended up fighting." I summed it up.

"I'll give them 24 hours." she said "And Aidan is over there."

"24 hours for?" I asked and she gave me the did you really have to ask that look.

"For them to suck it up and apologize to each other, believe it or not, they've done this before. Not physically fighting, but arguing and disagreeing with each other, yes." she explained to me "Just give them time."

"Alright." I said "Thanks for watching Aidan for me."

"No problem, bring him over any time you want." she told me and I smiled as I picked him up into my arms.

He was asleep until I picked him up and now he's awake and fidgety. He smiled once he saw me which only made me laugh and smile back.

"Hi Aidan" I said kissing his forehead.

"Dah" he said happily.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned.

"Go ahead." she said.

"Do you trust me with your daughter?" I asked and she sighed.

"Yes, what would make you ask such a thing?" she asked after answering me.

"Because of the way you look at me sometimes or always ask about Hannah, it just seems as if you don't trust me." I answered.

"Robert, can I be honest with you?"

"Yes" I chuckled briefly.

"My daughter loves you, probably more than any other guy she's been with..." she paused "But.."

"But what?" I asked.

"She has a very bad attitude sometimes and thinks very poorly of herself." she answered "She tends to lose it from time to time and she'll say things that she shouldn't. I ask the things I do and look at you the way I do because I'm nervous that one day you're going to get tired of putting up with her."

"With all do respect, Mrs. Miller, your daughter is frustrating and a pain in the ass, but I love her. As for her outbursts and low self esteem, I can handle it." I told her and she smiled.

"Well I'm definitely relieved to hear that." she said with a brief smile "I just want someone to protect her and take care of her when I'm not around, because she received the exact opposite for so many years."

"I know and I promise I'll protect and take care of her." I said making her smile and laugh at the same time.

"Thank you." she said before kissing Aidan's forehead "Bye Aidan."

"Say bye bye, Aidan." I said and he just looked up at me.

"Bye Robert." she chuckled giving me a kiss on the cheek "Tell my baby that I love her and to make up with Mimi, okay?"

"Bye, and I'll be sure to tell her when I get back home." I said walking over and out the door.

She came over and stood in the door until I got into the car.

I had to strap Aidan in and make sure everything was secure before I shut the door, getting into the front seat.

I started up the car and pulled out of her driveway, honking the horn and waving before I drove off.

(Back At the House|12:04am)

I came into the house and shut the door behind me before sitting Aidan's stuff down on the couch.

I went into the kitchen to get his bottle to feed him and put him back to sleep. I got it out of the fridge and put it in the bottle warmer.

"Mmm" Aidan mumbled as the little frown made it's way into his face.

"I know, I know, just a few more minutes, Aidan." I said kissing his forehead and bouncing him up and down to keep him calm.

I looked out the window beside the sink to see the neighbors out on their back porch.

"Uhhh!" Aidan squealed throwing his little hands back and forth.

"Shhh" I hummed taking the bottle out of the bottle warmer and lightly shaking it. I tested the warmth by dripping a little bit of it on my wrist.

It was just the right temperature so I gave it to him. He sucked on it before putting his hand over mine as I held the bottle.

I patted his back as I slowly walked out of the kitchen then upstairs, down the hall, and into his bedroom.

Pacing his room slowly until he finally finished the bottle, I sat the bottle on the dresser and lifted him up, placing his head on my shoulder.

I rubbed his back making sure he burped and that he was okay. After about ten more minutes, he was asleep.

I gently laid him out in the crib before covering him up with his blanket. I kissed his cheek and turned on the mobile above the crib just in case he woke up.

After that I left the room and went down the hall and into the bedroom to see Hannah sitting in the bean bag chair, watching TV.

"Hey babe." I said and she ignored me continuing to watch whatever she was watching on the TV "Are you mad at me?"

She just sat there staring at the screen, ignoring me on purpose. I sighed and slid my shirt over my head, tossing it onto the bed. I slowly walked over there to her and stood in front of her, blocking the screen.

She looked up at me with this disgusted look before she rolled her eyes and got up.

She walked over to the bathroom, but I shut the door before she could go in there.

"Your mom told me to tell you that she loves you and that you need to make up with Mia." I mentioned and she stared at me for a second before looking away.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" I asked her and she tried to push me away from her, but it didn't work "Hannah"

"Leave me alone." she spoke as she walked around me and got into bed, covering herself up afterwards.

"Fine, be that way then." I said going over and taking the covers off of her before I pulled her out of bed.

"Stop!" she yelled at me.

"No, talk to me." I said calmly.

"Leave me the fuck alone, asshole." she said and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"So I'm an asshole now?" I asked and she groaned as she went back over to where she sat while she watched TV.

She lied down on the bean bag and began to go to sleep "You know what, since you wanna be stubborn and rude, I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Yeah, whatever, now get out." she said with her eyes still closed and I exhaled trying not to say anything back.

I just briefly smiled politely and left the room, letting her have her little moment.

I went downstairs and got the blanket from out of the closet. I went over and laid out on the couch, turning on the flatscreen. I pulled the covers over my shoulders and started to watch Family Guy.

Not even ten minutes later, I was asleep.

Austin's POV (Next Day)

"Alright, go hide." I said covering my eyes to count to ten while they ran off to hide.

"One" I counted aloud and I heard them giggling "Two"

"Mommy" I heard Carter say and I now know that Mia is helping them hide.

"Shhh, you have to be quiet so Daddy can't hear you." she whispered to him and I smiled from ear to ear.

"Three....Four....Five" I continued and I heard movement along with doors opening and closing shut "Six. Seven. Eight."

I felt a breeze go by so someone went past me.

"Nine. Ten. Ready or not, here I come." I said opening my eyes to see Mia in front of me "I thought I was going to have to find you too."

"We can play hide and seek later." she winked and I licked my lips, standing up and kissing her.

After our short but meaningful kiss, I walked around the living room area checking everything that was spacious enough for them to fit under or inside of.

"You're not going to help me?" I asked her and she shook her head with a smile.

"No can do, babe." she smiled, I swear I can't get enough of that.

"Of course, because you're on their side. Trader." I laughed and so did she.

"Well one of us had to be on their side." she mentioned and I nodded realizing she had a good point.

"Can I have a hint?" I asked as I looked through the closet.

"Only one." she answered.

"Alright, let's hear it." I said.

"Ally is near something she's too young to wear and Carter is near something you love." she said and I was surprised because hints aren't always the best thing.

Some people give you very vague hints, gladly, this wasn't one of them.

I walked back and down the hallway into the bedroom, looking in the closet in there. Searching behind the clothes, the mirrors and everything else in there, but I still couldn't find her.

"No luck, huh?" Mia asked as I came out of the bedroom.

"You said it's something she can't wear and I looked in the closet, she's not in there." I told her.

"Think about it a little more." she told me.

I looked at her to see her giving me this innocent look, while batting her eyelashes.

"What is she not supposed to wear? The curtains? I honestly have no clue." I complained.

"Don't be quick to give up." she told me puckering her lips "I'll give you a kiss if you find her."

I stood there and thought about it for a second before I looked back at her to see her watching me. I smiled and walked back into the bedroom, then over to the dresser.

I looked at the dresser to see Mia's makeup lined up along the top. I kneeled down and opened the cabinet on the side to see Ally.

"I found you!" I said getting her out and lifting her up.

"Yay!" she cheered and I kissed her cheek before holding her up on my side.

"Now let's go find Carter." I said going back out to see Mia smiling at me before she clapped.

"Good job, baby. I told you not to give up." she said.

"Yeah, I'm a genius, I know." I bragged sitting Ally down on the couch.

"We'll see, now find your son." she said and I thought about what she said.

Carter is near something you love

I thought about it like I did the last time, then I looked at Mia to see her looking down at her feet blushing.

I walked over to her and tilted her chin up making her look at me, I smiled and so did she. She stood up on her tippy toes and gave me my reward for finding Ally.

"Where is he Mimi?" I asked her.

"What makes you think I know?" she asked me back, staring deeply into my eyes.

"You said he's near something I love." I answered "And I love you"

Her cheeks turned a bright red as she looked down at her feet again. She placed both her hands on my shoulders and moved me over so that my body was lined up with hers.

After that she turned me around and put her arms around my waist, resting her head on the side of my arm looking up at me.

"Well you're right." she said even though I still didn't see him.

"I don't see him." I said and she laughed.

"Keep looking." she told me and my eyes scanned the room once again until I saw him on top of the cabinets in the kitchen.

"Oh my god." I said feeling so dumb, he was right in my face this entire time and I didn't even see him until now.

"Carter" I said going over to him before he jumped down into my arms.

"Hi Daddy." he said and I smiled before I attacked him with kisses. I let him down afterwards and he ran over and jumped up on the couch with Ally.

"And you" I said going over to her "You're clever"

"I know right" she said flipping her hair with attitude "I'm a lot of things."

"You really are and I love you so much." I said to her and she smiled before pecking my lips.

"You know, there's this man that I'm really glad that I married because I love him. I love him so much that words won't even be able to describe how much I do." she said and I chuckled.

"Who is this man? I can't let him steal my woman away from me." I said and she smiled really hard letting a cute giggle escape her lips.

"This man has already stole my heart so you better find out who it is soon." she said and I felt my cheeks heat up. I turned away trying not to show it, but I knew she noticed when I saw how her smile grew.

"You need to tell me who this man is, because I can't have him stealing your heart when you've already stole mine." I said and she blushed intensively, lying her head on my chest.

"That man is you." she said and I gasped as if I didn't know.

"Don't act surprised." she told me, playfully hitting my shoulder.

"Fine." I said giving up before staring at her, not in an uncomfortable way, but in a way that I can't keep my eyes off her and if I could, I still wouldn't.

Robert's POV

"Who wants breakfast?" I asked Aidan and he clapped his hands together giggling "Aidan, wants breakfast."

I said getting his bottle and giving it to him. I paced around the kitchen as he sucked the milk from the bottle.

I glanced down to see Aidan staring up at me. I smiled at him and his cheeks rose as he smiled too while he drank his bottle.

"Aren't you cute?" I spoke to him as I continued to slowly walk around the kitchen before Hannah came in.

"Goodmorning." I said to her and she just looked at me.

She went over and opened the fridge, searching through the contents. She groaned and closed the fridge, turning to me.

"The least you could do is buy food." she complained and I stared at her in disbelief.

"If there's nothing in there that you want, then you can take your credit card and go grocery shopping." I said politely ignoring how she was acting.

"I already used all of the money on it." she admitted and I was in shock.

"What the hell?"

"Watch your mouth, you have the baby in your arms." she told me.

"There was ten grand on that card, what did you spend it on?" I asked curiously.

"None of your business." she answered.

"It is my business because I put that money on there two days ago and now it's gone, what did you do with it?" I forced.

"It's not that big of a deal, get off my ass about it." she said going off into the living room.

I sat Aidan down in his highchair and wrapped his little hands around the bottle before I rushed behind her.

"Hannah!" I shouted and she rolled her eyes as she turned around.

"What!?" she yelled.

"Where is that money?" I asked and she exhaled loudly.

"I had to pay some bills, damn." she told me.

"What bills? I paid everything the day I put the money on the card."

"My bills, not your bills, calm down." she told me.

"I'm not gonna calm down, I wanna know what bills you had that costs that much money." I argued.

"You don't need to know, I'll pay you back if it'll shut you up." she said as she flipped her hair and sat down on the couch.

"Pay me back with what?" I asked and she turned to me "You don't have any money."

She smirked and ran upstairs, I stood there wondering why she just did that. I didn't even get to come to a conclusion as to why she did because she came back downstairs and over to me.

She handed me a huge wad of cash and I looked down at my hand not believing what I was seeing.

"How did you get this?" I asked and she ignored me "Hannah."

"That's not important." she answered.

"Please don't tell me you're-" she cut me off.

"No I'm not selling myself, why the fuck would you think that?" she asked basically reading my mind.

"I don't fucking know, my damn soon to be wife spends all the money off of her credit card. Then hands me a huge wad of cash when she doesn't have a job, what the hell am I supposed to think?" I asked and she ignored me as she texted someone on her phone.

"Hannah!" I shouted angrily and she turned to me with this annoyed look.

"What!?" she shouted back standing up and walking over to me.

"Where did you get this from?" I asked firmly.

"My ass, that's where I got it from." she said and my eyes grew wide.

"You better be lying..." I said and she smiled.

"I am" she said.

"Then tell me the truth, right now." I said.

"No" she said "Just take it."

"Please" I begged and she looked over at me.

"I've been taking it" she mumbled.

"From me?" I asked, anger seething inside of me.

"No, hell no." she answered "Not all of it."

"Then who?" I asked.

"I can't tell you because I'll have to tell you other things that I'm not supposed to."

"Don't start with this I can't tell you shit because you shouldn't be worried about telling me of all people right now." I told her and she sighed.

"So remember when I got kidnapped?" she asked me.

"Go on" I said.

"Well I've been saving up since then." she said and I looked at her confused "I've been taking money off of your card and all of the money off of mine along with the extra money I had on the side."

"Well what have you been saving up for?" I asked her.

"Blake makes me pay him once a month to stop him from mentioning my whereabouts to Becca." she answered.

"So that's where all this money has been disappearing to." I said and she nodded.

"I didn't tell you because I thought it was a one time thing." she said "But he kept asking for more."

"How many times have you paid him?" I asked.

"Five" she answered and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"How much did you pay him?" I asked and she looked as if she was scared to tell me.

"I give him all the money off of my card once a month." she told me and I nodded "I take the thousand off of your card and use that so I'll have money and won't have to ask you for anything."

"That's why you've been getting away with this for so long." I said before we entered a moment of silence.

"Give me the card." I spoke and she looked at me confused with why I asked for it "Come on."

She reached into her back pocket and gave it to me. I grabbed it and walked back into the kitchen, her following close behind me.

I went over and got a pair of scissors cutting the card into four pieces.

"No! What are you doing!?" she yelled.

"Getting rid of your credit card." I answered.

"I need that." she said and I turned to her.

"You're going to quit paying him right now and to assure that you won't, I'm getting rid of this credit card." I said cutting it up again before throwing it into the trash.

"Alright, just remember that whatever happens is your fault." she said.

"Nothing is going to happen and you wouldn't have to deal with all of this if you'd tell me these things." I said and she crossed her arms.

"You would probably be mad at me." she said "Like you are right now at this very moment."

"No, I'm mad right now because you didn't tell me." I said and she sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"I doubt that." I said and she came over and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly.

"I didn't know he would keep asking me for money, I thought it was only supposed to be a one time thing. I was just trying to make things right and stop more stuff from happening." she cried into my chest "You can hate me all you want, I don't care, but I am sorry."

"Hannah" I breathed "I don't hate you, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I know." she said hugging me tighter.

"Promise me that you'll stop keeping stuff like this from me" I said and she nodded.

"I promise." she said and I glanced over to see Aidan banging his bottle against the highchair.

"Our son wants our attention." I said and she let go of me.

She went over and lifted him out of the highchair, putting him up on her side.

••

Austin: Your daughter just kissed my son on the cheek.

Robert: Lol, I told you those two are a couple on the low.

Austin: True, they're watching TV now.

Robert: Good, they're occupied, but I seriously need to tell you somethin..

Austin: What's up?

Robert: Hannah has been paying Blake to stop him from mentioning anything about her to Becca.

Austin: How much has she been paying him?

Robert: $10,000

Austin: What the hell? Has she done this more than once?

Robert: Yes.

Austin: Well what did you do?

Robert: I took her credit card and cut it up so she can't take the money off of it anymore.

Austin: So what are you going to do about Becca and Blake?

Robert: I'm going to get a restraining order and just make sure she isn't alone for too long until everything is settled.

Austin: That should work..

Robert: Hopefully, but I'll be over to get Ally in a few hours.

Austin: Alright, she'll be ready.

Robert: Cool, and I made a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to get down to the bottom of this mess with Anna.

Austin: DNA test?

Robert: Yeah, because I seriously need to know if she's my daughter or not.

Austin: Well she already thinks you're her dad so to her it doesn't change much.

Austin: It does seem like she's your daughter though, because Anna has been busting her ass to tell Ally that Hannah isn't her mother, but she hasn't once mentioned anything about you not being her father.

Austin: And to be honest, I'm looking at her right now and she looks a lot like you. The eyes, the mouth, ears...

Robert: True, she hasn't and well we'll know tomorrow for sure.

Austin: Good luck.

Robert: Thanks.

••

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!
☺☺

(Sorry if this chapter was sucky)

▪What do you think about Robert's talk with Hannah's mom?

▪Do you think Hannah was right for all that she did?

▪What do you think about Hannah paying Blake to keep his mouth shut?

▪Do you think that's the real reason why she was acting the way she was towards Robert?

▪What do you think will happen now that she doesn't have the money to pay him anymore?

▪Why do you think Robert puts up with Hannah?

▪What do you think about Austin and Mia playing hide and seek with the kids?

▪What do you think about Mia's hints during hide and seek?

| Follow Me on Twitter: @BelieveMahone |

I love you guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 451 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
1K 177 47
COMPLETE BUT FINESSING Ari Nichols's life in Alaris is far different from how she grew up. Accountant by day & homebody by night, Ari is happy with...
61K 943 22
Maximum Lewis is an easy going guy. Captain of the football team, he is dating head cheerleader, Maya, and couldn't be happier. Until shy Kale Mattki...
207 1 41
She's a screw up and he's a quiet businessman. They both have a connection to each other from the past one way or another. Well. At least because he...