The Forgotten Bionic (~Lab Ra...

By kate8800

Destiny thought she could hide her secrets away, but one incident made her reveal everything from her past. H... More

Prologue
Speed Trapped
Spy Fly
Missin' The Mission
Robot Fight Club
Bro Down
The Rats Strike Back
Parallel Universe
Spike's Got Talent
Leo VS (Fake) Evil Part 1
Leo VS (Fake) Evil Part 2
Extra Chapter: Little Talks
Hole In One (Part 1)
Hole In One (Part 2)
Trucked Out
Bionic 500 (Part 1)
Bionic 500 (Part 2)
Bionic Showdown (Part 1)
Bionic Showdown (Part 2)
Extra Chapter: Explanations And Reconnections
Memory Wipe
A/N: Lab Rats Series Finale
Avalanche
A/N: Hiatus
Extra Chapter: Apologies
Adam Up
A/N: SWISHEROO--I TAG YOU!! MAHOGANY
Llama Drama
The Haunting of Mission Creek High
Perry 2.0
My Little Brother
Prank You Very Much
'Twas the Mission Before Christmas
Trent Gets Schooled
No Going Back
Book 3!!!

Quarantined

4.7K 120 29
By kate8800

~Published August 15, 2015~

~Destiny's POV~

We were all in the lab, prepping the trio for a mission and Leo was still smiling ever since he was accepted into the team. I'm really happy for him, but he sometimes brings up his title a little too much...

"Guys, I need to prep you guys for a very important mission, and to demonstrate Destiny and Leo-" Davenport was going to say but was interrupted by Leo.

"Ahem...Mission Specialist Dooley." Leo pointed out.

"Ahem...We already heard for the 1 millionth time!" I also coughed out which made Leo roll his eyes.

"Anyways...We will be added a little more audio-visual 'pizzazzle' to the snooze-fest." Leo told them, which made everyone, including me, turn towards him to give him a weird look. He swiped his finger across the tablet he had, and fireworks appeared on the monitor that the trio and Davenport were looking at. Again, we all looked at him strangely and Leo stared at our looks.

"Hey, you want a show, kick in the dough." Leo told us which made me steal the tablet from his hands.

"Tonight, I will be sending you to gather intelligence." Davenport told them.

"Oh! You hear that Adam? You'd better bring a big bucket." Chase told Adam while I face-palmed. I swiped my finger across the tablet and it showed the place that the trio would be going. What everyone else didn't notice was that Bree went on her phone and started talking to this boy named Owen. He is Bree's new crush and Bree told me he was an artist.

"I was satellite-scouting industrial sites when I found this warehouse that I think is a front for environmental criminals." Davenport explained. Leo stole the tablet back from me and swiped his finger on the tablet, sending a new picture onto the monitor. "See these barrels? They're full of toxic chemicals. They're expensive to dispose of properly, so they're probably just gonna dump them into the sea."

"Which can harm ocean life-" "And obliterate the coastline." I said before Leo interrupted me and said what I was going to say. Bree started laughing and the guys looked at her before realizing that she was on the phone.

"Owen! You are so sweet! Yes, I will 'Bree' your valentine! See he took my name an-" Bree talked to Owen and then turned to face us before Chase cut her off.

"Yeah! We got it!" Chase crossed his arms.

"Even I got it." Adam joined in. He turned around to stop looking at Bree and pouted. "I didn't get it."

"What is going on?" Davenport asked us while pointing at Bree with his thumb.

"She's talking to Owen again." Adam groaned.

"He's an artist. Nice projects, though." I add in.

"And he claims that Bree is his muse." Chase concludes.

"Well, I for one, am not a-mused!" Davenport joked sourly.

"Wah, wah, wah..." Came from Leo's tablet. Everyone, excluding Bree, looked at him and I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, time out time. No tablet for you." I told him while stealing the tablet and walking over to Davenport's side so Leo won't try to steal the tablet again. Leo pouted and crossed his arms to look like a child.

"Bree, off the phone!" Davenport turned to Bree and she rolled her eyes.

"Ugh...fine. Just tell us what you invented, what went wrong, and how long until it blows up." Bree said monotonously.

"Look, the police cannot bust these guys without evidence, so I need you to sneak in there and gather samples." Davenport told Bree while I helped Leo with his display. "Show them the barrel." Leo took off the cover of the barrel, weirdly and I rolled my eyes.

"There's only one way of getting the samples safely. Now Leo-" I got interrupted by Leo's fake cough. "I mean, Mission Stupidest Dooley will demonstrate."

"Thank you...Hey!!" Leo finally noticed what I said when everyone but us were laughing. He smacked my shoulder and grabbed the container.

"First, take the canister and attach it to the spout. Push down and turn 45 degrees..." Leo did what Davenport said but he had trouble when he had to push it down. I pushed it down for him and he silently thanks me before turning the canister 45 degrees. "To create an air tight seal. Then pull the handle." Davenport was again interrupted by Bree's laughing and we all turned towards her.

"Lol, Owen." Bree said in a giddy manner and I softly chuckled.

"Bree!!" Davenport yelled.

"Come on! Why do I have to pay attention all the time?! Strong. Smart. Fast. Let's just do this already." Bree pointed at Adam, Chase, then herself before super speeding into the wall.

"Bree, how many times have I told you? No texting while super speeding!" Davenport told her while I started walking towards Bree to help her up.

"Really? Now?" We both said when I got Bree up to her feet.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

SPLASH

"WHAT THE HECK!!!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!" I yell with cold water dripping on my hair and face. I turned to my right to see Davenport and Leo holding a giant bucket with a little bit of water still inside of it. I quickly stand up and stepped back so they wouldn't get strangled by me.

"What happened?! Why did you splash me with cold water?!" I yell at them before calming down so I don't glitch too much. I had already glitched with super sensitivity and I don't want any plasma grenades coming out of my hands.

"Wha-" Davenport was going to say something but was interrupted by Leo.

"We tried waking you up by screaming, loud music, and both." Leo listed off while putting the bucket on the floor. (She is able to turn off her bionics momentarily)

"What time is it?" I ask when I looked at my clock. It read '5:36' and my eyes bugged out. "Why so early?!"

"Just follow us." Davenport groaned while dragging my arm so we could go to the lab. We came into the lab where the trio were sleeping in their capsules, peacefully. Oh, how that's going to change.

"Wake up!! I want a complete debriefing of what went wrong last night without any giggling when I use the word debriefing!" Davenport told us while pounding on the trio's capsules. Leo and I both laugh while receiving glares from Davenport and we stopped when Adam and Chase went out of their capsules.

"Wait, you guys failed the mission? What happened when I was grocery shopping with Tasha?!" I ask them with a confused look. Bree slowly opened her capsule door but then an alarm started to blare and she was fully awake. She looked at us with a worried look and Davenport told her to get back into her capsule. When she went back in, the alarm stopped blaring, and me and Davenport started to check what was wrong.

"The system is detecting a high level of contamination in Bree's capsule." Davenport explained while Leo looked at his tablet to possibly check the data I sent to him.

"What? That's ridiculous! How could my capsule be...Ohhh..." Bree started but ended off by not looking at us.

"'Ohhh' what??" I asked looking at her.

"What is Ohhh." Chase also asked her.

"Duh! 'O' is the second letter in the number 10." Adam told us. I face-palmed my forehead and turned to Davenport.

"Bree, was it possible that you were exposed to something toxic during the mission?" Davenport asked her. She shrugged her shoulders but I wasn't buying it. I narrowed my eyes at her and then turned to Leo.

"Oh, it certainly was. According to this, Bree's mission suit never left her capsule last night." Leo informed us and he pressed a button on his tablet. "Buh-buh-buh busted."

"Seriously! If you keep doing that, I'm going to take my job back!" I told him before taking the tablet from his hands.

"Why weren't you wearing your mission suit?" Davenport asked her while moving closer to Bree.

"Oh, I'll tell you why, because she was hanging out with Owen. She showed up late, contaminated herself, and then set off the alarm." Chase listed off what happened during the mission. My eyes went wide again and I looked at Bree in surprise. Leo, Davenport, and I weren't helping out during the mission so we didn't know what happened, but now, I think I wouldn't like to know in the first place!

"And you wonder why no one at school likes you." Bree crossed her arms and I scoffed under my breath.

"Until I figure out exactly what you were exposed to, the capsule should counteract the effects of your contamination, but you are quarantined until further notice." Davenport told her with a stern voice.

"Quarantined?! But Owen is having a big art show at school tonight!" Bree tied to protest.

"You are not leaving that capsule until Adam and Chase get back in that warehouse and figure out exactly what you were exposed to." Davenport walked away from Bree's capsule and we all face each other.

"Besides Owen's bad art?" Adam joked.

"His art's not that - no, you're right, it's bad." I ended up agreeing with Adam now that I remembered Owen's last art project he made.

"Great, now that we've set off the alarm, getting past security's gonna be even harder. How are we going to get in?" Chase told us.

"The same way I'm standing right here, and you can't see me!" Davenport voice came out of no source. We looked around the room and we couldn't find Davenport.

"How'd you do that?" Leo and I both ask in unison while looking at different directions.

"He's a witch!!" Adam yelled out.

"It's my new spatial micro-projection technology." Davenport explained.

"Dude, I know witchcraft, and you're a witch." Adam still kept his crazy idea going in his mind.

"Adam, he's not a witch. It's a device." I tried to tell him.

"He may not seem like a witch now, but he is...Wait for it..." Adam tried looking for Davenport to see if his theory was correct.

"Destiny's right both ways. I'm not a witch, first off." Davenport started to reappear and he held a small device in his hand. "And this device scans your environment and uses a matrix of light projections to create a virtual environment you can hide behind!" Davenport turned on the device again and he went through the hologram. "I invented it as a 3D modeling engine for space telescopes."

"Aha! So he's a space witch!!" Adam yelled out with a new theory and I face-palmed. "Those are the worst kinds..."

"Just get ready for the mission. I'm gonna change, I'm still wet, thank you very much!" I say the last part towards Leo and Davenport, and I leave the lab while jumping through the hologram.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Leo and I grab chips to eat when we get into the lab, but we were stopped by Davenport once we reached the elevator.

"Leo, Destiny, I need help." Davenport starts off.

"I know, but this is not a one-man job. We're gonna bring in a life coach." Leo told him while I nodded in agreement which made Davenport roll his eyes.

"I have to go rescue Adam and Chase. Keep Bree in her capsule. Don't let her out, or the effects of her contamination will manifest." Davenport informed us.

"Go on your mission, Big D. We got this." Leo assured him.

"Umm...Are we sure? She's th-" Leo interrupted me with another 'We got this.' to Davenport and he left. We went into the elevator and I slapped his shoulder.

"Really? Do we 'got this.'" I ask him while putting air quotes when I said 'got this.'

"Yes, we do. Now come on." He said before we enter the lab to hear the alarm blaring. We look at Bree's capsule and we find it empty. We look at each other and I gave him a glare.

"Okay....We had this..." He corrected himself.

"Not we, you..." I told him while doing hand gestures.

"What do we do?!!?" He asked me after he dropped our bags of chips.

"Bree said something about Owen and school. She might be talking about the art show tonight. She's probably there." I quickly think.

"How are we gonna get there?" He goes further into the lab to stop the blaring of the alarm.

"Davenport's Hydrogen Car?" I offered.

"Out of hydrogen when he was dropping Marcus off." He answered.

"Self-driving car?"

"Blown up by Adam."

"Ughh....There has to be something in the garage." I say before we run into the said room. We go inside to side a motorcycle and a few helmets in it. Three to be precise.

"Big D's motorcycle! Awesome! I call driving it!" Leo smiled before grabbing a helmet.

"You don't know how to drive..." I tell him while putting my hands on my hips.

"Then I guess, you'll drive!" He said while giving me a helmet. We brought another so that Bree could wear it when we get her and hopefully it will be a nice agreement. I hop into the motorcycle, Leo behind with his hands on my shoulders, and we drive towards the school. We reach the school, safe and sound, and we rush into the building, leaving our helmets on the motorcycle. Good thing I had the key in my pocket... We saw Bree on top of the stairs with Owen and we quickly go to the top.

"Bree, we gotta--Ahh...." Leo started to say but he saw Owen's video controller mask on his face.

"Nice mask, can you pause your face somewhere else so we can talk to Bree, privately? Thanks." I say quickly without Owen saying a word. I nudge him towards the bottom of the stairs and he left with his weird mask.

"That's the guy you snuck out for, really?" Leo asked her while giving her look that says that she could do better.

"Look, Bree, we need you to get back to your capsule or else the side effects will get worse! Now lets go!" I told her while pulling on her arm.

"No! Mr. Davenport is overreacting. See? Haven' had one single side effect." To prove Bree's point, she held her arm up and started to wiggle her fingers before her arm went completely down. It looked like it was numb so me and Leo pointed at it and gave her a questioning glance. "That's--That's nothing." She awkwardly put her hand inside her pocket and smiled. "See? I am trying to come off casual so Owen doesn't sense how desperate I am."

"It's not working." Leo and I say in unison. We both look at each other with a confused look because we've been saying a lot of sentences in unison for the past few hours. Suddenly Bree's right leg became numb and she tried to lean on the railing of the stairs.

"I'm good." She told us before trying to bring her leg down the stairs. She fell down and she tumbled down the stairs, everyone staring at her to see if she was alright. She grabbed onto the railing and slightly stood up and faced the little crowd she had. "See? That is performance art. I call it, 'Falling Uncontrollably down the stairs.'" Bree lost her strength and fell down in front of the crowd. Leo and I quickly come to her aid and help her up.

"Leo, you help Bree and I'll get the motorcycle ready. Can I trust you with that??" I ask him quizzically.

"Of course you can..." He said with a tilt of his head.

"Fine, just don't screw stuff up." I left Leo with Bree and went outside to see Marcus near the motorcycle.

"If you plan on stealing the motorcycle, I can track it down you know." I cross my arms and he looked back at me.

"No, I just wanted to have a little talk with you." He told me with his eyebrow raised.

"About what? What your hiding?" I tried not hiding the hatred that I had in my voice.

"No, I just wanted to talk about your bionics, like what powers you have." Marcus said cooly and I jumped.

"What-What are you talking about?" I asked him trying to regain my posture.

"I know you're bionic. Like Adam, Bree, Chase, and I. And once Davenport and your little family knows you're bionic, think about how their reaction is going to be. They would feel betrayed that you didn't tell them. You don't want that do you?" He said while walking closer to me. I grabbed his arm and geo-leaped away from the school and into a dark alleyway that was private. I did the same position I did to him when I him the bathroom (him on the wall, arm on his neck, hands on his wrists so he won't do anything) and this time he accepted it. I made my eyes heat up and it showed a blue icy color because it was super hot.

"Threaten me one more time and I won't hold back on using my bionics on you." I growled at him, my voice getting lower than it was before.

"So you admitted it?" He smugly asked me.

"Look, let's make a deal, shall we? I don't tell you're bionic, and you don't tell anyone I'm bionic. Deal?" I ask hime with determination in my eyes.

"Deal." He accepted with a little bit of fear in his eyes.

"Good. Just leave us alone for a while...Until our next private conversation..." I told him after getting him out of my hold.

"Hope you keep your end of the bargain, Destiny. I would hate to see your family ripped ap-" Marcus started but I geo-leaped back to the school before he could finish. I go inside the building, my bionics cooled down, and I see Bree on the floor, and a ripped painting from where she was.

"You screwed up something, didn't you?" I asked towards Leo and he nodded. We both pick up Bree and we bring her to the motorcycle so we could go home. Hopefully we don't get in trouble.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"Okay, let's just get you back into your capsule before all three of us get in a lot of trouble." Leo told Bree who was on a dolly. I was behind him and we saw Davenport, Chase, and Adam already in the lab. Leo shrieked and he dropped Bree on the floor with a thud.

"Cleanup, aisle Bree." Leo joked while I helped Bree onto the chair.

"Leo, Destiny! You guys were supposed to watch her!!" Davenport told us while also going towards Bree.

"Well, sorry. I guess two teenagers can't keep an eye on the fastest girl in the world!!" I sarcastically told him while getting help from Adam and Chase.

"Let's hope there's enough time left for the antidote to work." Davenport muttered as he injected the antidote on her neck.

"Bree, are you okay?" Chase asked.

"I feel funny...Funny...Funny..." Bree kept repeating 'funny' and we were still waiting until she stopped.

"Oh, just spit it out already!" Adam told her, speaking for all of us.

"I'm cured!" Bree shouted happily. I hugged her and she hugged me back while Davenport pulled me back.

"This is such a relief! It'll be so much more enjoyable to punish you now that you're healthy!!!!" Davenport yelled 'healthy' in front of Bree's face which made me and Leo jump a little bit. "What were you thinking? You could have put us all in danger!!"

"Sorry. I just wanted to be like every other girl and hang out with a boy that I like. What's the big deal?" Bree admitted. I felt sorry for her since she couldn't live a normal life.

"The big deal is that you're not like every other girl." Davenport told her sternly and I gave him a look to tell him to calm down. He saw this look and stared back at Bree. "You're part of a team, and your decisions affect us all." He told her a little softer than before.

"Yeah, because of you, Destiny and I had to go to an art show." Leo told her before pretending to gag. 'Because of this, I had to make a deal with Marcus.' I thought in my mind. I can't tell anyone about it, but I'm sure Marcus is going to milk it like a cow, making me uncomfortable when he mentions something close to bionics.

"Yeah, I haven't eaten since 2:30!" Adam added which made me roll my eyes with a slight smile.

"And on a lesser note, we all could've been killed!!" Chase added seriously, pointing out

"Look, you can have a social life, just don't let it interfere with your bionic life." Davenport summed up.

"Okay, I get it. From now on when a mission comes up, it gets my full attention." Bree smiled after she somewhat apologized.

"Okay, well, I think we've all learned a valuable lesson, so let's get something to eat." Davenport said which made everyone cheer. We haven't eaten for a few hours and I think I missed lunch earlier. We all stood up and we were about to walk towards the elevator, but we forgot about Bree's condition of walking. She fell down on the floor and we all cringed.

"Oh. Forgot to mention, might take a little while before the antidote to get to the rest of her body, so everybody grab a limb." We all went and bent down to grab Bree's limbs but I guess Adam held up his limb instead of Bree's before he helped us. Davenport and Leo got her legs, Adam and Chase got her arms, and ran towards the elevator to open it up for them to get ready for dinner.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"Ha ha ha ha!!!!" I heard Davenport laugh sinister like when Adam and I went into the lab. He was holding a broom and he was in front of Chase and Bree.

"Come on, guys! How can you not see he's a witch!!" Adam yelled out at them which made Davenport's laughing turn into a confused look.

"Adam, for the last time, he's not a witch!" I tell him while doing a face-palm in the middle of it.

"He's carrying a broom, laughing evilly, and he disappeared earlier! Do I have to say everything to prove my point?" Adam turned to me and we started to have a little fight about Davenport being a witch or not. I won the argument with a little help from the others and it was a fun day. Well, if Marcus wasn't involved...Speaking of which, how does he know I'm bionic? I guess I have to do some investigation soon.

~Fin~

Thank you guys so much for reading! Over the past few days, I've seen some readers joining the series, so welcome to The Forgotten Bionic! Okay, we got bad news incoming like a meteor....

We have only a few more days until school starts (for my its August 24). That means I won't be able to write as frequently as I have been doing so. It takes a while to write the chapters and I'm not sure if I can write that fast. Should I put the book on a semi-hold until I can update frequently again? Or should I just leave it be and not have a warning on the title? Comment below!

QOTD: What was your reaction to One Of Us? I'll be replying my reaction on yours!

Thank you guys so much for reading and have a great day/night!! Bai!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 155 6
. . . 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒! ❝ 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘳-𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺! ❞ Cher Holloway had always been...
28.9K 700 57
Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound to change as the Walsh family stepped in...
69K 1.9K 23
"𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝗼 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐰 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝗼𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬." A near-death experience ends with...
36.2K 941 19
[Book 3 out of 3 of Angels and Demons] [Lab Rats: Elite Force x reader] "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." "You make me happy, when the skies a...