Disclosed Truce

Galing kay ChanytheWoods

She was taken away from them four years ago, ending their inseparable friendship. Now after all those years... Higit pa

Before You Read
Prologue
Tree House Slumber
The Incident
Known By Association
Her Secret Plans
What Friends Are For
I'll Fight For You This Time
Determination
Freeing Lei
The First Note
Secrets
Before It's Too Late
They're Connected
Harvets
Anxiety
At All Cost
Michelle
It Was A Man
One Hell of a Surprise
Strange Visits
Make the Decision

Free Our Friend

87 19 11
Galing kay ChanytheWoods

When morning came, Bristle hurried into some clothes, and made her way outside. There was no time to waste. Watching a few minutes of the news, it was evident they were looking for Lei because they believed she was responsible. What baffled Bristle was the news report saying that a gun was found underneath Lei's pillow.

That did not sound like Lei at all. What would she need with a gun? She loved her family. Lei's life was practically perfect, there was no way she would do this heinous crime. It was not in Lei's blood.

Stepping into the cold morning, Bristle dug her frigid hands into the inside of her pink coat pockets. Her eyes quickly scanned the tree house, reminiscing back on her most recent sleepover.

How could life change so fast and abruptly.

Walking up the old, wooden steps of the tree house, Bristle's mind wander a million thoughts. What exactly was going to be enough to prove Lei's innocence? She knew Lei was innocent, but how would she pull off persuading the whole town that Lei was.

When Bristle came face to face with the door, she looked back at her inviting house. Her sister and mother were sound asleep, while her father went to work almost an hour ago. Bristle waited until he left to avoid confrontation. She did not want anymore angering encounters with her family. Last night was enough.

The faded pink door held many different captions. Some were funny, sad, happy and so on. Over the years, that door had became Bristle's memory keeper. In order to not forget, Bristle would write down anything that came to mind, as well as her friends.

Pushing it open, Bristle let out a chilled groan. Why did the cold have to be so grisly? Her eyes scanned the dimly lit tree house. Only light radiating in the room was the sun that shone through the covers Bristle used as curtains.

Bristle was about to go further in when out of the corner of her eyes she saw a figure shaking. Scared, Bristle's eyes darted back to see Lei shaking in fear. The first thing Bristle's mind could register was fear. Panic took over, and Bristle went to hollering.

"Shhh..ut up," Lei fretted. It was clear to Bristle that Lei was scared. Why would she not be?

Bristle closed her mouth, curiously she asked, "What are you doing here? Wait Lei...is that?...is that blood?" Bristle began to panic again when she concluded whose blood it was. Why would Lei have blood on her? So much of it.

Lei's hands were covered in it, as well as most of her coat from yesterday. The dried blood even covered a bit of Lei's face. Even though, Bristle could tell that the blood was most likely smeared on.

Lei's eyes landed to the ground, "I went home. The front door, it-it was opened. That's when I knew something was wrong." Lei's body shuddered. "There was so much blood, and they wouldn't wake up. Jake wouldn't wake up. I couldn't get them to wake up." Lei began to cry. "I was so scared...th-I...I came here. My-my," Lei burst into tears.

Feeling overwhelmed by her friend's tragedy, Bristle rushed to Lei's side, only to be pulled back mid step. "Get away from my daughter!"

Bristle could not tell what strong hands were attached to her forearm, because they were too busy manhandling her away from Lei. The more the voice talked, the more she realized who it was. Her mother slandered Lei anyway possible. Bristle tried to free herself, only receiving sharp, stinging pain each time.

"Call the police, Alx." Bristle heard her mother yell.

Before being pulled completely out of the treehouse, Bristle sent Lei a bleak frown. Having her mother overpower her like that, and Lei just sitting there, broke Bristle down. Bristle was harshly shoved to the ground, when her mother had pulled her from the staircase. She received a twisted frown. Of course her mother was angry with her, when was she not.

Wiping her runny nose, Bristle looked to the ground in defeat. What could she do?

"Have you lost your mind?! This is not the same friend you grew to know, Bristle! You're harboring a murderer!" Bristle took all the accusations her mother shot at her.

She needed to get Lei away. Lei needed to be away from this, at least until everything was figured out. Bristle stood from the cold ground, not even bothered with the weather anymore.

Staring her mother straight in the eye, Bristle's eyebrows furrowed in pique, "You're wrong!"

Pushing past her mother, Bristle rushed back up the stairs. From behind she could hear her mother yelling after. Nothing her mother could say would stop Bristle from saving Lei. This town and everyone else that blamed Lei would regret it.

Shoving open the wooden door, Bristle rushed to Lei. "Let's go!"

Lei's inconsolable eyes held so much torment and misery. Bristle felt her heart quaking the more she looked at a hopeless Lei. When Lei stood from the ground, she quietly walked past Bristle out of the tree house.

Bristle closely followed behind. The smell of rust filled Bristle's nose. Her eyes curiously searched around for the source, then went back to Lei's bloody coat. Was that what drying blood smelled like?

"You stay away from my daughter! I hope you rot in jail," Bristle's mother bashed as Lei absent mindedly walked past her. It was as if Lei did not hear her, or perhaps she just did not care.

Lei's been through a lot in the past twenty four hours, what Bristle's mother said did not even funny compare.

When Bristle tried to walk past her mother, her mother grabbed ahold of her and began pulling her to the house. Bristle kicked and pulled trying to free herself. A pair of new hands latched onto Bristle, making it even more hard for Bristle to free herself. As she tried to escape their painful grips, Lei did not look back, she only walked forward.

The wooden fence, was opened, and Lei walked right out of it. When Bristle lost sight of Lei, she gave up fighting. She felt herself being pulled in the direction of Lei, until she saw that she was just heading to the house.

Inside, all four arms let go. Bristle laid on the cool floor, and frowned at the two figures in front of her. Both glared evilly back at Bristle. Disapproval shot out of the eyes of her mother and sister.

"What is wrong with you, Bris?!" Alx chastised, "have you lost your damn mind?! That psycho killed her family!"

Bristle's mother shook her head. She nonchalantly fanned her hand at Bristle and walked away. Alx watched as she did so, and repeated her action. For a while Bristle just laid there, no particular thoughts in mind.

Then her mind wandered to if Lei got away. She had to text the girls, and tell them to be on the lookout for Lei. Rushing to her feet, Bristle ran out of the kitchen only to be stopped by the sound of police sirens and yelling.

Bristle immediately dashed to the pfamily room, and looked through the open blinds with her sister and mother. They both proudly watched as Lei was being chased by two police officers.

One caught up with Lei, and practically wrapped his arms around Lei's body. He pressed his body against her, to keep her from running. When the second officer shortly made it, both men began to haul Lei to the police car. She put up one hell of fight, because she was able to free her hands and smack one of the officers in the face.

He briskly recovered, and reattached his hands to her forearm. Lei yelled. Not in pain, but of her innocence. Her hair whipped all over the place as she continued to fight. This time, she could not free herself.

The two officers slammed Lei into the trunk of the car, and one hurried and cuffed her. Bristle stood there in utter shock, tears scurrying down her face as her body shook in terror. She watched as the two men manhandled her into the back of the car.

After briefly saying something to Lei, both officers began heading to Bristle's house. Her mother and sister left the window, to most likely to speak with the officers. Bristle just stared at the car in disturbance. She failed Lei.

Footsteps making their way to Bristle, took her attention off of Lei. To her side now stood the two officers, her mother, and her sister. They all stared at Bristle with bored expressions.

"Sweetheart, these two want to ask you a few questions. Please Bristle be objective with them," her mother pleaded. Bristle knew it was more for her reputation, the officer's sake, than Bristle herself.

The younger looking one of the two, cleared his throat before giving a small smile, "Did the suspect give any account of what happened?" When Bristle continued to stare and not answer he asked another question, "do you remember anything that we can use? Her motive? Why she ran?"

This time when Bristle did not answer her mother spoke up, "I'm sorry she's not being compliant, but I must inform you, we heard her yell and rushed to the treehouse. The two must have not said anything to one another. Officers, it all happened so quick."

"It's alright, we have enough evidence to convict her." His light blue eyes turned from Bristle, "we do suggest..." his voice lowered, "getting the girl a therapist. She's been through something traumatic." Shuffling his light brown, short hair he added. "And one last thing, this might be best to cut off the contact between the two."

Her mother nodded in agreement, "It is the only way I see her moving on. Thank you officers, for everything."

Bristle stare turned icy, and she walked away pushing past the two men in the process. They wanted to make matters worse? Screw them. Her mother was a delusional idiot like those two. It did not take a brilliant mind to know that Lei was innocent.

They just wanted to blame someone. Well, as long as Bristle was alive and well, that will not happen. Bristle would find justice for Lei. Lei deserved it.

In her room, she pulled her cell phone from under her pillow. Turning it on, she sent three girls a text message.

They have Lei. We need 2 tlk. Meet me in secret place @ 5.

-

The four girls stood around in a small circle, with deep thoughts running through their mind. Cammi's eyes landed on a teary eyed Bristle. Her eyes turned cold. Lei was not supposed to be behind bars. Cammi would do whatever it took to free her innocent friend.

Everyone in that group knew Lei did not commit the heinous crime. Lei was a good person, and they would not freely allow the world to portray her as a monster.

"So," Shelby began confidently, "are we at an agreement?" Each girl intensely stared at one another before slowly nodding their heads. Shelby opened her mouth and disclosed, "well then girls, I guess this means one thing: We find whoever did it, and free our friend. No. Matter. What it takes."

                                                                                             ♀♀♀♀♀

Just want to give October a huge, huge thanks for reading and being a dedicated follower of this story. Not only has she read through it and commented along the way, but she's rereading it again from when I posted it before. She could have been said, 'Nah, I'm done,' but she's been really awesome in helping motivate me to keep going. Again thanks GIRL, I love your rants and everyone should check them out and give you a follow. You're amazing! : ) https://www.wattpad.com/user/WemmieGirl16

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

211 31 30
The story of bullying and romance and gangs. And abuse. It shows how any life can get out of hand. "My boyfriends father is choking me! Because I wo...
95.7K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
974K 31.1K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
1.9M 95.9K 41
When Jane Madarang's neighbor Natalie kills herself and leaves behind cryptic instructions, it's up to Jane and her classmates to unearth deadly secr...