Disclosed Truce

Door ChanytheWoods

She was taken away from them four years ago, ending their inseparable friendship. Now after all those years... Meer

Before You Read
Prologue
Tree House Slumber
Free Our Friend
Known By Association
Her Secret Plans
What Friends Are For
I'll Fight For You This Time
Determination
Freeing Lei
The First Note
Secrets
Before It's Too Late
They're Connected
Harvets
Anxiety
At All Cost
Michelle
It Was A Man
One Hell of a Surprise
Strange Visits
Make the Decision

The Incident

129 20 14
Door ChanytheWoods

Michelle's POV

Michelle rolled over in her bed to check the time on her pink alarm clock that sits on her white, clean nightstand. The time read 10:24 a.m. Allowing her tense body to relax, she rolled to the middle of her twin size bed.

Michelle feared that she had overslept. Her parents did not tolerate sleeping after eleven o'clock. The reprimandation for oversleeping was chores all day. Her parents were also adamant believers in child waking themselves up. Ever since she turned ten, she had to do it.

Sitting up in bed, Michelle stretched her arms over her body, doing wild movements to get the sleep out of her. Once she was energized enough, Michelle flipped her comforter off of her, and hopped out of bed onto the soft, light brown rug.

Her uncovered toes curled in the mushy, warm rug. Looking down she bobbed her head from side to side, smiling in admiration. Not even two hours ago, Michelle had arrived home from a chilly sleepover at Bristle's.

When Michelle made it home, she invited the instant warmth of her house. Still, even after being in a warm house for two hours her body shivered.

"Wonder if they realized I was gone," Michelle said to herself as she made her way to her door. Grabbing her thick, furry, black robe off the hook of the door, she quickly wrapped it around her. To the side of her computer desk, sat three neatly lined pair of slippers. Michelle hastily slipped on her black pair, and made her way out of her room.

In the slightly more cool hallway, she noticed the house was extremely quiet. Taking a brisk sniff, she realized there was no indication of food being cooked. Michelle's parents always cooked breakfast, or at least had something prepared. Also, the house was at least filled with the sound of morning news.

Were her parents being slothful and still in bed. If that was the case, Michelle was going to enjoy handing out the ramification to her parents. She had keenly envisaged for a day like this-her whole life-well since she turned ten.

Rushing down the long, naturally lit hallway to her parents room, the third door on her right was their room. Once she was in front of their door, Michelle could not contain the excitement jolting in her.

"You guys are so..." Michelle trailed off as she scanned the honorable room. There was not a soul present. Baffled, Michelle scratched the corner of her forehead. Where could they be?

Taking a step back, Michelle shot her head in the direction of the living room. Did they know what she did, and waiting for her to fess up to it. Looking back at the hushed room, Michelle grabbed their door and silently shut it.

As she made her way to the living room, she did not realize how wrong of what she did was. It was just a harmless sleepover. Her parents had to lighten up a bit.

"Mom!" Michelle searched the kitchen. Nothing out of place, as usual as that is, it was very odd. Only time the kitchen was that spotless was right before bedtime, and when her parents first woke up.

After checking the whole house, Michelle realized neither of her parents were home. Swirling from her location in the dining room, her eyes narrowed at the front door. Did her parents just leave her home alone? As in they trust the house in her hands? Instead of feeling joy, Michelle panicked.

Quickly, Michelle rushed out of the house to confirm her theory. But outside she saw that neither of the cars were gone. Turning away from the squeaky clean cars, Michelle's attention landed on the peculiar chaos down the street.

"What on Earth is going on?" She asked, wrapping herself more into the robe. Making her way down the sidewalk, the sound of her slippers slapping against the concrete went faint, while the noise became more and more obvious.

There were several police cars, ambulance, and people scattered around. Michelle's eyes went buck when she concluded whose house the commotion was coming from.

"Lei..."

The closer she grew, the more she heard. Indistinct voices became audible enough. From the tone of it, most people were mixed with anger and curiosity.

Her eyes wandered on the people she walked past. No one, not even once laid an eye on her. It was as if she had become invisible. When the crowd became more and more condense, she shoved past the people as best she could.

Her agenda went from searching for her parents, to authenticating if Lei was alright or not. When she considered trying to walk further than the yellow barricade, someone-an officer pushed her back. He was yelling something, but Michelle's attention was solely focused on Lei's house.

There was nothing but police officials all over the premises. Everything seized to exist when she saw a stretcher being pulled out by two people. The stretcher held a jet black body bag.

All Michelle's mind could do was register the word, "No."

                                                                                                ♀♀♀♀♀

Cammi's POV

Cammi quaked at the sound of the official's voices. None of what they were saying was good. Why would it be? That was the second body bag to exit the house. Alongside Cammi was Shelby who tried her hardest to get through. The people holding her back did not budge, and neither did she.

"No, let me go! That's my friend!" Shelby angrily yelled, "Where is she?! I need to see Lei!"

Never in her fourteen years of living had she seen something so hectic, besides on TV. Her mind kept thinking this was just some joke, it was a big hoax. The scene wasnot real, nothing but a figment of her imagination. The problem with that was she never woke up, and the scene continued to stare her in the eyes.

Neighbors that stood next to Cammi were discussing the matter, and not in a private manner.

The older, gentle lady spoke, "I saw it. That poor child ran out of the house bloodied on up. Saw it with my own two eyes."

The man beside her responded, "This is just a nightmare. That young one is probably scared shitless."

The lady looked both ways, lowering her voice to say, "You don't think she had nothing to do with it, do ya?"

Fed up with everyone, Cammi slowly backed away. As she did her eyes watered. She refused to wipe them, nor did she look back each time she bumped into someone. Only thing Cammi could manage to do was cradle herself with her arms.

"This is not real," Cammi whispered to herself. "This is not real."

Her waist long brown hair fell over her face, as she lowered it to stare at the ground. Once again Cammi bumped into someone, but this time long arms wrapped around her, concealing her.

Instead of crying, yelling for help she only pouted as hard as she could. Whatever happened in that house was nothing good, and her friend Lei was involved.

"This is not real."

♀♀♀♀♀

Bristle's POV

Bristle's father passed her a plate of food. Reaching for it, she avoided his burning stare. All day, she had been cooped up in her room, just avoid the oncoming, predictable conversation. It was a no brainer what the both of her parents were going to ignite. She herself had questions, but without their involvement.

She wanted to speak with someone else. Bristle's mind stayed focused on this person, possibly like everyone in their small town. This person had been then nonstop topic of discussion all day.

Several people had come over to check on Bristle. In Bristle's eyes, people had came to be nosey, and see what they could get out of her. No one mattered unless she received a visit from that desired person.

"Bristle sweetheart," Bristle's thoughts shattered as she looked from her untouched meal to her parents.

Both of their expressions held concern and worry. Her father slowly chewed whatever piece of food was in his mouth, as he held his fork of greens in midair.

Bristle thought to herself, how could they eat at a time like this?

Clearing her throat, Bristle tucked a nice clunk of hair behind her ear. Stiffly, she sat up in her seat, and tried her hardest to plaster on a look of impassion. It must have failed due to the fact her mother let out a light welp.

"It's my fault. I should have known what type of person she is." Bristle watched as her mother practically threw her fork into the plate in front of her. Harshly, Bristle's mother placed both elbows on the table, and rested her face into her palms. "I have failed you and Mrs. Thao. I was supposed to know."

Typical action of her mother. Her mother enjoyed attention, and playing the victim. No where in the situation was her involvement, but of course she had to make it about herself. Bristle should have been expecting it. But instead her judgement was too clouded by the continuous thoughts repetitively going on in her head.

A sleeved arm gently wrapped around her mother's shoulder. Bristle's eyes travelled from her fictitious mother to her father. And of course he would believe her, he always had, and always would.

"This is not your fault, Mary Ann," Her father roughly spoke.

A hoarse response from her mother came almost instantly, "It is my fault! Because of that little no good child my daughter is damaged! I knew she-"

Bristle's blood began to boil over. Someone like her mother was not entitled to pass judgement. Her mother lacked in discernment. Speedily rising from her seat, Bristle leaned over the table pointing a finger at her mother.

"You will watch what you say about Lei! She is not a monster, mom!" Bristle angrily yelled. Tears threatening at the brims of her eyes. Bristle pulled her hand back, and gave them a pathetic look. She felt so lost.

Today Bristle received the most gory news in her short lived life. To make matters worse, her family made her stay home while they checked on the situation. At first, Bristle was clueless at their sudden sickening desire to be in the presence of Lei's house. Then Bristle made the mistake of turning on the television. That's how she found out.

"Three brutal homicides claimed the lives of: Forty-two year old Chinh Thao, thirty-seven year old Jackie Thao and ten year old Jake Thao. Police have yet to determine if this was a theft gone wrong or a deliberate heinous attack. Suspicions are circulating around the missing daughter, Lei Thao. It is unclear if indeed Lei is dead or being held against her will, though numbers of witnesses have all come forth to say Lei ran from the house covered in blood. What is safe to say is, our prayers go out to this poor family."

"Do you hear me Bristle? I am talking to you!" Bristle's mother yelled.

For the second time during their dinner, Bristle's mind spaced out from her current situation. All she would think about was Lei, and if Lei was okay.

Bristle sniffled as she evilly glanced at her mother. "She is innocent mom." More plead laced her voice this time. All Bristle yearned for was for her parents to believe her. She needed them, badly, and yet they were just breaking her down even more.

Her mother rolled her neck, clearly aggravated, but calmly said, "I get that she is your friend, Bristle trust me I do. Jackie was just as much my friend as Lei was yours."

Bristle scuffed at that response, "What a lie. You hated Jackie." Kicking the chair behind her, back, Bristle tiredly said, "If you can eat, then you are more than fine. Excuse me."

Walking away from the both of them was the best thing to do.

Making her way into the family room, Bristle spotted their two year old family picture on their stone fireplace. Everyone appeared so happy, in their matching American flag t-shirts. Their smiles showed nothing but joy, too bad it was a big hoax. If only everyone knew what Bristle had to deal with daily, they would sympathize for her.

Bristle did not miss a step as she exited the family room. There stood the wooden door, with the big window in the middle of it. If Bristle wanted to see outside of it, she would have to stand right next and peer out. That was why her parents did not bother to buy blinds or curtains for it.

All Bristle could think about was forgetting about her family, and searching for her friend. Inexplicably, Bristle felt responsible for the actions of the whole town. Lei should have never left that treehouse. She would still be here-somewhere.

While Bristle stood there gazing at the door with wondrous thoughts, a black figure began to emerge. Bristle's heart hastened at the presence. That meant someone was coming to her house. That also meant it could be Lei. It had to be Lei, so the two could sleuth around, and absolve Lei of this preposterous nightmare.

Bristle's eyes never left the door. She patiently waited for whoever was in front of the door to ring the bell. The moment that loud, obnoxious sound went off, Bristle rushed to the door.

Slamming her hands against the door, she quickly placed one hand on the locks. Twisting them to unlock, Bristle's arm swung the door open to only reveal a big disappointment. Instantly, Bristle felt despondency. Lowering her head, Bristle traveled in an adagio manner towards the staircase to the right.

"Bristle! Oh my God, I came as quick as I could!" The shrill feminine voice went, "Where's mom and dad?"

Bristle's sister, Alx's head went in an unremitting movement from room to room. Her long, thick blonde hair swinging wildly. Alx shook her coat off, with excessive speed, she rushed past Bristle, leaving Bristle to wrap her arms around her body from the cool gust of wind.

Soon after, Bristle heard vexatious chatting. Hearing Lei's name numerous times in such short time, tore her up even more. Clobbered by today's events, her family's insensitivity, Bristle made her way up the slightly squeaky steps. Mounting each step, Bristle felt more and more lost.

How was she supposed to subdue this harrowing havoc?

In her room, Bristle drug her feet across the dark room, only stopping when coming face to face with her nightstand. Bending down, Bristle's hands searched in pursuit for her lamp's switch. Her fingers felt the cold metal, wrapping around the small piece, she turned it until the yellow ominous light switched on.

Collapsing on her bed, Bristle wondered what would now become of her friendship with Lei and the others. With such a devastating matter as that, Bristle did not know what to expect. She just hoped that the group would not turn on Lei, just like the town did it to Lei.

"They blame her...but she wasn't there," Bristle said aloud. What could she do to change their minds?

The sound of the creaky steps, rushed Bristle to turn off her lamp, and threw her thick blankets on top of herself. When her door cracked open, and a black figure appeared, Bristle squeezed her eyes shut.

"Bristle?" A soft voice went.

Bristle easily ignored it, working on keeping her eyes such. She did not need to be bothered with her sister. Like their mom, her sister would say something preposterous, and set Bristle off.

When Bristle heard the door shut, she opened her eyes carefully scanning the dark room. Her sister had left. Sighing in relief, Bristle decided that tomorrow she was going to give her treehouse a little visit. There had to be something in there to prove Lei was innocent.

                                                                                                  ♀♀♀♀♀

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

95.6K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
20.4K 730 13
This is currently get its first round (perhaps its only round) of editing! [COMPLETED] {There isn't anything rated r wattpad, what are you talking ab...
260K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
162K 4.3K 20
The world turns everyday and for James his life couldn't be any worse than it is. After witnessing his father's brutal murder he is kidnapped and for...