2 weeks with Mr Popular

By pxnguindele

Meet Lexi Evans, the undercover rich girl who gets zero attention from her school, just the way she likes it... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
-NOTICE-
Rewriting!
Rewritten chapters

Chapter 30

1.4K 58 8
By pxnguindele

Lexi's POV

I woke up with a groan and felt my body ache all over. I thought everything would be better when I woke up, but I guess I was wrong. I touched my forehead and felt a warm towel on my head, which I presumed was ice cold at first. I smiled at the thought that Jace was the one that had placed the towel on my head and frowned at the fact that Jace was a douche that I was in love with.

Ugh, I hated mixed feelings. So much for a boy. I checked my phone for the time and it was already 5 something. My vision was still sort of blurry so I decided to give Taylor a call. The phone rang 3 times and before it went to voicemail, she picked up.

"Hey what's up? Is something wrong?" She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I whispered back, well I guess it's just natural instinct.

"Church. Megan. Till 6. Sorry. I'll see you later. Love you." She said them super fast that I almost don't hear them.

How could I forget? Megan, Taylor and I volunteered at a church to help out young orphans on Mondays and Wednesdays. I quickly laughed at myself and spoke quickly on the phone as well, "sorry, I forgot. See you later. Love you too. Say hi to Meg for me. Bye."

She whispered another bye and hung up immediately. I smiled at her rushed words and realised I didn't even switch on the lamp. I stretched and whined a little in pain and finally, I managed to switch it on. There was a little note with shitty handwriting and I'm pretty sure it belonged to Jace.

Heading out to get something, I made soup for you. Don't touch the omelette or I will kill you. Nah, who am I kidding. I'll never make it through. Anyways, hope you're feeling better xx.

I laughed and kicked off my blankets and headed downstairs in extreme aching pain. The smell of the chicken soup was so fragrant, it led me directly to the heater where I found where Jace stored the chicken soup and omelette.

After not having any appetite for like most of the day, I was starving right now and definitely chicken soup wasn't going to be enough. After debating if I should call Jace and as him for some takeaway, I finally decided to do it. Well, he sorta owed me anyway, but I was really starving.

He picked up on the third ring and I could imagine him smiling as he spoke, "you're awake princess. How are you feeling? Is something wrong?"

I laughed and immediately stopped because it hurt, "no, I'm perfectly fine. Apart from the fact that I feel like shit but yea, I'm good."

I heard that rich laughter of his and smiled to myself. "God, Lexi. How are you always this happy? But seriously, is something wrong?"

"Yes, very. I'm starving."

He laughed again, "alright, I'll grab something back for you."

"Yes please, thank you."

I could feel his lips tugging into a smile as he said you're welcome, princess and I said bye in a sing-song voice, but not before threatening him to hurry his ass up back home.

The soup he made was absolutely delicious and honestly, even my mum didn't make it that well. Speaking of my mum, I wondered if she heard my voicemail... The headache was slowly going away and I was about to drift back to sleep but then my phone rang.

I groaned and checked the caller ID but everything was a blur and I realised I wasn't wearing my glasses. I hastily put them on and checked the caller ID again, it was my mum. I smiled and answered, "hey mum."

I heard my own voice and had a shock. I sounded like a dude and I cleared my throat.

"What...? Jace is that you? Could you pass the phone to Lexi? I have to speak to her."

I laughed a little, "mum that was me, I just sounded like a guy for a minute. What's up?"

"Oh baby are you okay? You left me a voicemail and I thought you were depressed! The moment I heard it, I grew so worried I didn't even give a shit if I couldn't call on set but I did anyway. I had to make sure my baby was alright. Are you okay darling?"

I felt so guilty as I heard someone yelling at her, and I presumed it was her model or whoever.

"Sorry mum, I didn't mean to inter-"

"Hang on a minute sweetie," she interrupted. "IM TALKING TO MY DAUGHTER YOU ASSHOLE. COULD YOU FREAKING BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT? SHE'S ALL BY HERSELF BACK IN NEW YORK, SELFISH BASTARD. Okay honey, I'm back."

I laughed as I heard the dead silence, "nice going mum! Anyways, I'm alright. I just... kinda miss you I guess. I feel so dependant, and I'm 16. That's not normal is it?"

She snickered, "you tell me. I'm 40 and I miss you, that's totally way worse isn't it?"

I smiled at the way she cheered me up. That was what all mothers should be like, encouraging in the quirkiest ways, it always works like a charm. "Thanks mum, I can't wait to see you in another week or so."

She gasped, "oh dear, about that..."

"What is it?"

"Honey, they're making stay for a whole month the least. The show was such a big hit that the TV is going bonkers for more of my fashionista clothes."

I felt disappointed but I faked a smile anyways, I was happy for my mum. She was making huge money and when she comes back, she'd definitely get me new stuff but that's not point. The point was how proud she would look and her face showed that her hard work had paid off.

"That's great... i mean, I'm totally okay with that mum. Your job is really important and I get it yea? Just stay as long as you need, as long as they pay for everything."

She laughed a little, "honey, I know you want me to come home and so do I. I promise I'll make it up to you okay?"

"There's no need for that mum, I'm really okay with it. It's time for me to grow up anyways."

"That's my baby girl. I mean soon-to-be-grown-up girl. Sounds weird doesn't it?"

I laughed, "nope. It sounds fantastic."

"You and your big ego. Well okay baby I gotta go, but don't be afraid to call me when you're in trouble baby, if they stop me fom talking to you, i swear I'd kick their ass hard."

I laughed, "bye mum. Love you to bits."

She chuckled, "and I love you to shreds."

We hung up soon after we said our byes and after she told me to switch to the fashion channel. So I did and soon after a few commercials, the VS models started doing their catwalk and their flawless bodies and perfect faces were so on point. When they said the designer's name, I recognised it as my mums and I felt so much pride in my heart.

* * * * * * * *

The door opened and Jace came in with bags of groceries and as soon as his eyes made contact with mine, he smiled.

"Hey there," his warm voice made a smile creep onto my face.

"Hi," I said softly. He placed the groceries on the counter and started sorting them out and I watched him. I didn't know what was so entertaining about him or whatever it was about him, but I just couldn't seem to think straight. Then suddenly he took off his black leather jacket and his white shirt that was transparent enough for me to see his on-point abs.

The moment he shut the fridge I quickly turned around and pretended that I had been watching the television the whole time, but he caught me because he threw me one of his most amazing smirks ever and my cheeks turned bright red.

"How long have you been staring gorgeous?," He whispered into my ear, his voice sent me chills down my spine and I bit my lip.

"N... no, I wasn't staring." Damn it. He raised his eyebrows and I gave an irritated sigh to show him that I wanted to talk about a different topic.

He laughed a little and joined me on the couch, wrapping his arms around me and we were a little too close for a fact that my cheeks were heating up due to his heat radiating off my skin. That totally doesn't make sense but whatever, this is what he does to me all the damn time.

"Guess what I got for you," he said, bursting my train of thoughts.

I turned to look at him and my eyes became bigger, "what? I'm hungry."

"Tada..." he pulled out a granola bar and my face immediately lost all its colour and enthusiasm.

"You've got to be shitting me right now."

He laughed and ruffled my hair, "you're just so gullible sometimes, princess." I rolled my eyes as he handed me a whole box of sushi.

"But don't worry, that's something I love about you too."

And at that, I felt all anger slip away from me and I looked into his eyes. I expected them to have obvious sarcasm but there wasn't any. "I am being deadly serious, Evans. You know what I find so absolutely ridiculous?"

I scrunched my nose and shrugged as he absentmindedly stroked my knuckles with his thumb. His brown hair covering his face, not allowing me to see his gorgeous eyes.

"You're almost perfection and I say this because it's scientifically proven that no one is perfect. Well, at least that's what I know. And it could be just me, but I find it absolutely ridiculous that you don't see that and that I do. And you shit well know what kind of person i am, I don't have a god damn care in the world, but that's all on the outside. No one knows who I really am in the inside, Lexi. I might have the looks but that might just be it. And I'm scared. I don't want to be just a pretty boy, I want to be like you, beautiful on both sides. You're my definition of perfect. And I want you to know that nothing will ever change that."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes because I was so touched by his words. At the end of his touching short speech, he looked up at me with a sad smile. I stroked his biceps as I stared hard into his eyes, trying to figure out what was behind those heavily locked cages.

"You can be anything, Jace. Anything at all. You just have to believe and one day, you'll make it. And I'll always be there for you," I said softly.

His eyes brightened up a little and he bit his lip. He had a questioning look on his face and I was sure he was going to ask me something either very personal or very dirty. But he seemed absolutely serious, so a very dirty question was already checked off the long list of questions he might ask me.

"Lexi," he pushed a stray hair away from my face as I bent my head slightly to pop a sushi into my mouth.

"Hmm?" I didn't like speaking with my mouth full because I found it disgusting, so I quickly chewed and swallowed before asking him again. "Yea?"

"Then... can I be yours?" He asked ever so softly, I thought I misheard him.

"You... I..." I didn't know what to say, because nobody has ever confessed before and I never expected Jace to ever ask me that question, or anything close.

His eyes started becoming shadowed again and I panicked. "It's okay, you can take your time," he said without much expression.

"Jace.." I started because I finally found something to say, but I guess I was too late because he stood up and headed back to the guest room.

I was such an idiot. As I stated at his back as he made his way up the stairs, I turned back to face the TV as a sob escaped my throat and I covered my face with a pillow that was soaked with my tears.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

poor girl...

sorry I took like so super freaking long to update! I have the worst case of writer's block and I see someone commenting that my stories aren't long enough, so I decided to make this one super long.

I hope you like this, love you always 💕

🌺byeee🌺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

809K 21.3K 43
Whoever says boys and girls can't just be friends is lying, and Lexi Hamilton is living proof of that. Spending the majority of her adolescence surr...
110K 2.9K 14
When two girls from different worlds meet, it's a recipe for disaster.... Bethany is your typical highschool sweetheart. All the boys want her, all...
2M 48.9K 58
Everyone sees Carmen as a strong girl with a bold personality, but sometimes it's those that laugh the hardest who have the biggest secrets and choos...
1.4M 51.4K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...