The lost Targaryen

By okayhugs

(EDITING) A long long time ago there was a Targaryen girl . Her name was Maerya Targaryen, one night she went... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapters 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
The end is a beginning

Chapter 29

9 2 0
By okayhugs

Pov maerya Targaryen
Daenerys entered Maerya's chamber, her face bearing a warm smile. "We have a visitor," announced Daenerys. "One who I think you might like." Maerya's curiosity peaked, her eyes looking at her friend questioningly. "Who?" she inquired, her mind racing with possibilities.

Maerya stepped into the room, her heart lifting at the sight of the unexpected visitor. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw Olenna, a familiar and dear figure standing before her. "Olenna," she exclaimed, her voice filled with a mix of joy and disbelief. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she moved closer to greet her.

Maerya hurried towards Olenna, her arms outstretched in a gesture of affection. "Olenna Tyrell!" she exclaimed as she flung herself into a warm embrace. "How have you been, ollie?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern. Olenna responded with a hint of weariness in her tone, "I have been better," she admitted, her expression reflecting the toll of recent events.

"Margaery is queen now, married to Tommen," Maerya mentioned, expressing her knowledge of the situation. "Surely better than Joffrey," she added with a touch of optimism.
Olenena's demeanor shifted, and she looked down at the ground, her voice taking on a somber tone. "Maerya," she said, "you might want to sit down." Worry crept into Maerya's eyes as she sensed the seriousness in Olenna's voice.

Maerya sank into the chair, her heart heavy with concern as she braced herself for what was to come. "What's wrong?" She inquired with dread, her eyes fixed on Olenna's face. As the older woman's voice faltered and cracked, Maerya felt a pang of fear in her chest. "Margaery, something happened to her," Olenna managed to say, her words hanging in the air heavy with sorrow.

"Cersei killed her, didn't she?" Maerya spoke out, her voice filled with anger and sorrow. She felt the tears welling up in her eyes as the realization sank in. Olenna affirmed her words with a heavy sadness of her own, "She did."

Maerya walked swiftly toward the Dragonstone mount, her mind filled with anguish and anger. She was intent on reaching her dragon, Nyrax, when a familiar voice called out behind her.
"Maerya, wait!" Daenerys cried out, her voice filled with urgency and concern. Maerya halted in her tracks, turning to face her friend with tormented eyes. "Don't go to King's Landing," Daenerys implored, her voice tinged with desperation. "I need you here," she pleaded.
Maerya turned to face her friend, tears welling in her eyes. "Cersei must pay," she replied venomously, her voice trembling with anger and grief.

Daenerys reached out and grasped Maerya's hands with a gentle yet firm grip. Her voice was filled with a mix of pleading and determination "We will make her pay," she assured Maerya, her words infused with a resolve. "But I need you now" The touch of Daenerys's hands was like a lifeline, grounding Maerya's turbulent emotions momentarily. Her gaze met Daenerys's, her tears threatening to spill over.

Maerya's voice trembled as she chided herself, her words laced with regret and guilt. "I should have never left King's Landing," she whispered to herself. "I should have stayed by Margaery's side," she repeated, her voice filled with remorse "It's all my fault," she whimpered, her eyes filling with tears as her own guilt crushed down upon her.

Daenerys's voice was gentle yet firm as she spoke, cutting through Maerya's self-blame. "It is not your fault, Maerya," she reassured her. "You cannot blame yourself for the actions of Cersei" With a touch of urgency, Daenerys extended her hand. "Now come with me," she said. "I need you"

Maerya's gaze lingered on Nyrax, then shifted to Daegox. The dragons growled with a mix of concern and protectiveness, their eyes fixed on their beloved rider.  She let out a heavy sigh, her heart torn between her desire for revenge and her loyalty to Daenerys. After a moment of internal struggle,Maerya's voiced carried a hint of resignation, but her determination burned beneath the surface "Fine," she relented, wiping away the tears that streamed down her cheeks.

Yara Greyjoy's voice echoed through the room, her words filled with conviction. "If you want the Iron Throne, take it," she declared. "We have an army, a fleet, and five grown dragons. We should hit King's Landing now and hit it hard, with everything we have. The city will fall within a day" Maerya's eyes flicked to Yara, her gaze filled with a glimmer of agreement, a desire for swift retribution burning within her.

Tyrion retorted with a voice filled with caution. "If we turn the dragons loose, tens of thousands will die in fire storms," he stated. "It's called war, you don't have the stomach for it," Ellaria shot back, her tone sharp and impatient. Maerya listened to the exchange, her gaze flickering between Tyrion's caution and Ellaria's impassioned response.

Tyrion's voice was cold as he defended Myrcella's innocence. "I know how you wage war," he retorted. "We don't poison little girls here" Ellaria, her eyes filled with anger and pain, responded with a sharp retort. "She was a Lannister," she stated with venomous certainty. "There are no innocent Lannisters. My greatest regret is that Oberyn died fighting for you"

Maerya's voice cut through the heated exchange like a knife, her words firm and commanding, "Enough" She walked around the table, her steps deliberate and filled with a new-found determination. "As much as I want to burn Cersei Lannister, it would not be smart," she reiterated, her eyes surveying the faces of her advisors and allies.

"Lord Tyrion is the Hand of the Queen," Daenerys reminded them all, her voice firm but calm. "You will treat him with respect" She paused for a moment, her gaze sweeping over the room, fixing each person with a stern look. "And remember, I am not here to be Queen of the ashes," she reiterated, her words hanging in the air like a warning. Maerya nodded in agreement, her heart heavy with grief and anger, yet she understood the wisdom in Daenerys's statement "That's very nice to hear" Olenna responded, her words carrying a touch of sarcasm. "Of course, I can't remember a queen who was better loved than my granddaughter. The common people loved her, the nobles loved her and what is left of her now? Ashes. Commoners, nobles... they're all just children, really. They won't obey you unless they fear you."The room fell silent, the weight of Olenna's words hanging heavy in the air,

Maerya exhaled deeply, her emotions hanging precariously close to the surface. "I'm grateful to you, Lady Olenna, for your counsel," Daenerys spoke gently, a touch of sympathy in her voice. She turned her gaze to Maerya, her words carrying both authority and empathy. "I'm grateful to all of you," she affirmed before addressing Maerya directly, "Princess Maerya."

Maerya lifted her eyes to Daenerys, her gaze meeting the queen's with a tinge of curiosity. "Yes?" she inquired, waiting for Daenerys to continue. Daenerys posed a question, her voice tinged with both vulnerability and determination. "What would you do, in war?" she asked, her eyes boring into Maerya's.

Maerya responded, her voice firm and decisive. "I burned the scorpions that were made to kill dragons," she affirmed. Then she added, her tone shifting to strategic consideration, "But first, we need more allies. Allies who are willing to fight alongside us"

"We could just burn King's Landing to the ground," Maerya suggested, her voice tinged with anger. Daenerys responded with determination, her voice resolute. "Thank you, Maerya, but I will not attack King's Landing," she stated firmly. "We will not attack King's Landing" Olenna questioned, her voice laced with skepticism. "Then how do you mean to take the Iron Throne?" Daenerys answered with a confident expression, laying out her strategy. "We will lay siege to the capital," she explained. "Surrounding the city on all sides. Cersei will have the Iron Throne, but she will have no food for her army or the people."

Tyrion argued, his voice filled with pragmatic reasoning. "But we won't use the Dothraki or the Unsullied," he noted. "Cersei will try to rally the lords of Westeros by appealing to their loyalty, their love for their country. If we besiege the city with foreigners, we prove her point. Our army should be Westerosi" Ellaria responded with a pointed question, her tone laced with a hint of irritation. "And I suppose we're providing the Westerosi?"

Tyrion explained the plan, his tone calm but determined. "Lady Greyjoy will escort you home to Sunspear and her iron fleet will ferry the Dornish army back to King's Landing," he elaborated. "The Dornish will lay siege to the capital, alongside the Tyrell army. Two great kingdoms united against Cersei"

Olenna expressed her disapproval with a scoff, her voice laced with skepticism. "So your master plan is to use our armies," she questioned. "Forgive me for asking, but why did you bother to bring your on then?"
Tyrion responded with a tone of authority, explaining the plan further. "The Unsullied will have another objective," he stated. "For decades, House Lannister has been the true power in Westeros, and the seat of that power is Casterly Rock. Greyworm and the Unsullied will sail for the Rock and take it" Olenna's skepticism persisted in her voice, her question laced with doubt. "What if they can't take it?" she asked. Maerya responded with a fierce determination in her voice, her eyes ablaze with unwavering resolve. "Then we burn them," she declared, her words tinged with a touch of vengeance.

Daenerys looked at each of her trusted advisors and allies in turn, her gaze fixed and resolute. "Do I have your support?" she asked. Yara, her voice filled with confidence and determination, responded with a steadfast affirmation, "You have mine" Alleria echoed her agreement, her voice strong and unwavering. "Dorne is with you, Your Grace."

"Thank you all," Daenerys expressed her gratitude to her advisors, her voice tinged with a touch of vulnerability. She then turned her attention to Olenna. "Lady Olenna, may I speak with you alone?" she requested. Maerya, along with the other advisors, respectfully left the room, giving Daenerys and Olenna privacy for their private discussion.

Maerya stood in her room, her expression tinged with a mixture of surprise and melancholy as Olenna entered. "Ollenna," she responded softly. Olenna continued, her voice carrying a note of resignation. "I wanted to say goodbye," she said, her eyes meeting Maerya's with a mixture of fondness and sadness.

Maerya's voice carried a touch of disbelief and concern as she inquired, "You're going?" Olenna responded with a warm smile, her eyes filled with determination. "I am," she affirmed. "But I will come back for you," she added, her words laced with a mixture of reassurance and affection.

Maerya embraced Olenna in a tight hug, her voice filled with a mix of concern and amusement. "You better," she warned. "Else Daegox will search for you. I just know that Daegox favors you," she added, a smile tugging at her lips.Olenna feigned surprise, her tone light and playful. "I didn't notice," she replied, grinning as she returned the hug. Maerya's voice trembled with a mixture of fear and concern as she pleaded, "Please be safe" Olenna's response carried a note of reassurance, her tone infused with a hint of determination. "I can't lose you too," replied Maerya, her voice filled with a sense of vulnerability , Olenna comforted her, her words carrying a touch of humor. "You won't," she assured her. "I'm planning to stay alive."

Maerya found her way onto a Greyjoy ship, her steps carrying her towards Yara and Theon. The salty air filled her nostrils, and the sound of the waves crashing against the hull provided a familiar background melody.

As she approached them, her gaze fixed upon Yara and Theon, their figures familiar and comforting in the midst of the tumultuous journey they were embarked upon.

Alleria took a sip of the wine, her expression one of mild distaste. Her voice filled with disgust as she exclaimed, "How can you drink this piss?"

Yara chuckled, her tone laced with amusement. "When we reach Sunspear, I'll treat you to a Dornish red. The best in the world," she asserted. Alleria smiled at the thought. "Have you ever been to Dorne?" she inquired. Yara took a moment to recall her past visits. "A few times, never stayed long," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia.

Maerya felt the ship tremble and rock violently, her voice filled with panic as she exclaimed, "What is happening?" Yara's response came quick and urgent. "Attack," she declared, her voice grave.Maerya quickly scampered up the stairs, her heart racing in her chest as she braced herself for the battle that awaited them.

Maerya followed close behind Yara as they reached the deck of the ship. The sight that greeted them was one of chaos and destruction. Ships burned in the distance, their flames casting eerie, flickering shadows upon the dark water "Euron," Yara exclaimed, her voice tinged with recognition and animosity.

Maerya's eyes widened as she laid her gaze upon the approaching ship. It cut through the water like a knife, its formidable presence commanding their attention "That's Euron?" Maerya asked, her voice laced with a mixture of awe and trepidation. Yara nodded, her expression solemn. "Yes," she confirmed quietly.

Maerya jolted awake in her bed, her body drenched in perspiration and her heart racing like a galloping horse. Gasping for breath, she sat up, her eyes wide and disoriented as she took in her surroundings. The room was dimly lit, the soft light of early morning seeping through the curtains. Maerya's breaths came in ragged gasps as she attempted to calm her racing heart.

The sound of the door opening jolted Maerya out of her disoriented state, and Daenerys' voice cut through the stillness of the room. "You screamed," Daenerys observed, her footsteps soft and deliberate as she approached Maerya "Are you okay?" Daenerys inquired,

Maerya's quick shake of her head and abrupt movement betrayed her true feelings. Without a word, she bolted from the room, her steps fueled by a rush of adrenaline. Her destination was the dragonmount of Dragonstone. With each hurried step, Maerya propelled herself towards the familiar and comforting presence of her dragon.

"Where are you going?" Daenerys called out, her voice tinged with worry as she hurried after Maerya, her steps echoing through the darkened halls. "It's the middle of the night" Maerya's words carried a sense of urgency and determination as she responded. "The Greyjoys. They must be in danger" Daenerys raised an eyebrow, her expression quizzical. "What makes you believe that?" she inquired.

Maerya's words rang out, resolute and urgent. "I—just trust me, and stay here. I'll be back before the sun comes." Without awaiting a response, Maerya swiftly scaled her beloved Nyrax. With a determined expression, Maerya secured herself firmly upon the dragon's back. The mighty beast spread its wings wide, ready to take to the skies. Nyrax, the formidable dragon, let out a thunderous roar as it stretched its wings, preparing for takeoff. Its muscles tensed, and its powerful wings beat against the cool night air. In a graceful yet forceful motion, Nyrax launched itself skyward, rising higher and higher into the dark sky.

As Nyrax ascended into the night sky, Maerya clung tightly to the beast's back, her heart pounding in her chest. The wind whipped around her, causing her dark hair to fly wildly in the breeze. From this high vantage point, she could see the lights of Dragonstone below, like stars in a black sea.

As Nyrax soared higher, the sight that greeted Maeryas eyes was a chilling one—ships burning in the distance, their flames casting an eerie and sinister light across the water's surface. It mirrored the same scene she had witnessed in her terrifying dream, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

Maerya's gaze scanned the sea of burning ships, her heart pounding in her chest as she searched for the one she had seen in her dream. And there it was—a large Greyjoy ship, the very one that Yara had mentioned, bearing the ominous presence of her uncle, Euron.

Nyrax seemed to sense her tension and unease. The dragon let out a low growl, its wings flapping powerfully as it maneuvered closer to the ill-fated ship. The night air grew colder, and the smell of smoke and burning wood filled Maerya's nostrils.

As Nyrax drew closer to the burning ship, Maerya could make out figures on the deck, moving about frantically. Euron's voice, harsh and commanding, carried across the water like a chilling breeze.

Maerya perched atop Nyrax, her gaze fixed upon the burning ship and the chaos unfolding before her. Memories of Margeary flooded her mind, and anger began to surge through her veins. Margeary's laughter, her infectious vitality , Maerya could still hear them in the back of her mind, and the realization fueled her with a burning rage.

Maerya's voice rose up in the night, her cry echoing across the water like thunder. "Dracarys!" she shouted, her voice laced with anger and determination. Nyrax obediently responded to her command, his body tensing as fire gathered in his throat. With a mighty roar, a stream of scorching flames shot out from the dragon's maw, raining down upon the burning ship. The flames engulfed the ship, spreading quickly and hungrily across the wooden hull. Men on deck shouted and cursed, some desperately attempting to flee the inferno, while others tried in vain to extinguish the flames.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 9.1K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...
35.6K 2.2K 19
The Targaryen. The people whose dragon blood flows in their veins and fire in their breath, always been closer to gods than to men. ________________...
21.1K 554 17
Maegara Targaryen, the second daughter of King Viserys, and sister of the true heir to the iron throne, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, battles the difficu...
196K 5.9K 30
As ward of the Queen, Camilla Tully was raised alongside the Princess, Rhaenyra, and the Hand of the King's daughter, Alicent. The three were rarely...