Chapter 25

Pov maerya Targaryen
Daenerys, Daario, Maerya, and the Dothraki, all riding together on horses, came to an abrupt halt as they sensed something amiss. The air became thick with tension, and everyone exchanged cautious glances. The sound of hooves and rustling fabric filled the air as the horses fidgeted restlessly, their heads tossing and eyes darting nervously.

Maerya's gaze shifted towards Daenerys, concern etched on her face as she sought an explanation for the unexpected stop. Daario's voice broke the tense silence, his question cutting through the air like a knife "Everything alright?" he inquired. Daenerys' voice was guarded as she inquired further, her eyes scanning the surrounding landscape. "How many days ride to Meereen?"
Daario pondered for a moment before responding, his voice steady "A week at best"he answered. As the group remained stationary, the tension in the air palpable, Maerya's voice cut through the silence. "With a dragon, is it faster?" she asked, her gaze fixed on Daario.

Daario gave a slight nod, acknowledging Maerya's question. "Much faster," he confirmed. "A dragon could cut the journey down significantly" Daenerys' gaze shifted towards the sky, watching as Nyrax soared effortlessly through the air. A smile tugged at her lips as she turned to Maerya.

"Why don't you go with your dragon?" she inquired, a hint of concern in her voice.
Maerya, firm and resolute, responded without hesitation. "I'm not leaving your side"she declared.Daenerys' smile broadened, appreciating Maerya's unwavering loyalty and determination to protect her.

The conversation continued as Daenerys posed her question, her tone inquisitive but tinged with determination.

"How many ships will I need to bring my khalassar to Westeros?" she inquired.
Daario pondered for a moment before responding, his expression contemplative. "Dothraki and all their horses, the unsullied, the second sons—a thousand ships at least," he answered. Maerya, joining in the discussion, added her perspective. "And who has that many?" she countered.

The tension hung heavy in the air as Maerya offered her input, her voice resolute as she contemplated the path ahead "Kings landing most likely," she stated, her words carrying a weight of certainty.Daario raised a valid question, seeking clarity and strategy. "So we ride for Meereen and after that, we sail for Westeros. And then what?" he inquired. Maerya's response was unwavering, her determination unwavering. "Then she takes what's hers," she replied simply.

As the conversation unfolded, Daenerys turned her gaze to Maerya, a soft smile tugging at the corners of her lips. Daenerys voice carried a hint of determination, mixed with a touch of hope "Yeah, I take what's mine," she exclaimed, her eyes locked on Maerya's face.

Daario's words echoed in the air, as he observed Daenerys' restless spirit and innate leadership qualities.

"You weren't made to sit on a chair in a palace," he stated, his tone laced with admiration and respect. Daenerys, her gaze fixed on him, asked a searching question. "What was I made for?" Daario's response was resolute and straightforward. "You're a conqueror, Daenerys Stormborn"

As the conversation continued, a sudden shift in Daenerys' demeanor caught Maerya and Daario off guard. Her gaze fixed on a distant point, her eyes filled with curiosity and determination "Wait here," she commanded before swiftly mounting her white horse and riding off into the distance.

As Daario and Maerya stood there, watching Daenerys ride off into the distance, his gaze shifted towards Maerya, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"You're right," he mused, Maerya echoed his statement, her voice firm and resolute. "About what?"She inquired, his curiosity piqued "She's a conqueror," Maerya repeated, her voice filled with conviction.