Fate : A Twisted Story

By Author_Amira

Evelyn, a modern woman, finds herself suddenly transmigrated into a novel where her peaceful life is turned u... More

°•°• author °•°•
Chapter : 01
chapter : 02
Chapter : 03
Chapter : 04
Chapter : 05
chapter : 06
Chapter : 07
Chapter : 08
Chapter : 09
Chapter : 10
Chapter : 11
Chapter : 12
Chapter : 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter : 16
Chapter : 17
Chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
Chapter : 20
Chapter : 21
Chapter : 22
Chapter : 23
Chapter : 24
Chapter : 25
Chapter : 26
Chapter : 27
Chapter : 28
Chapter : 29
Chapter : 30
Chapter : 31
announcement
Chapter : 32
Chapter : 33
Chapter : 34
Chapter : 35
Chapter : 36
Chapter : 37
Chapter : 38
Chapter : 39
Chapter : 40
Chapter : 41
Chapter : 42
Chapter : 43
Chapter : 44
Chapter : 45
Chapter : 46
Chapter : 47
Chapter : 48
Chapter : 49
Chapter : 50
announcement
Chapter : 51
Chapter : 52
Chapter : 53
Chapter : 54
Chapter : 55
Chapter : 56
Chapter : 57
Chapter : 58
Chapter : 59
Chapter : 60
Chapter : 61
Chapter : 62
Chapter : 63
Chapter : 64
Chapter : 65
Chapter : 66
Chapter : 68
Chapter : 69
Chapter : 70
Chapter : 71
Chapter : 72
Chapter : 73
Chapter : 74
Chapter : 75
Chapter : 76
Chapter : 77
Chapter : 78
Chapter : 79
Chapter : 80
Chapter : 81
Chapter : 82
Chapter : 83
Chapter : 84
Chapter : 85
Chapter : 86
Chapter : 87
Chapter : 88
Chapter : 89
Chapter : 90

Chapter : 67

158 5 1
By Author_Amira

Ivan and Arya both stepped out of the carriage, greeted by a troubled David. His furrowed brows made it clear he was troubled by something. 'What is he thinking bringing another woman here? If Madam found out,' a cruel image of Arya torturing Ivan flashed in his mind, sending jolts through his body. 'Don't think about it, don't think about it,' reminding himself, he shook his head. "What's wrong with him?" Seeing David's unusual behavior, Arya asked Ivan with confusion. "He does that sometimes, hehe," Ivan said, looking at David. 'What is he even doing exactly?'

As they stand before him, "Welcome back, Master," David greeted Ivan, his tone tinged with unease. "May I take the duke for a moment, Madam?" His request hung in the air, implying an urgency that Arya found unsettling. 'Already?' Negative thoughts swirled in her mind, a testament to the conflict raging within her. Despite the turmoil, she chose to release Ivan to David's care, offering a gracious smile as she said, "Shall we reconvene at supper then?" Ivan's response was tender as he pressed a kiss to the back of Arya's hand, his warm smile a beacon of reassurance. "I cannot wait," he says. 

Miya walked behind Arya as they clamber up the stairs. "The stairs are too long," Arya said wearily, looking up with tired eyes and speaking in a tired tone as she stood midway. Glancing at her, Miya mused, "my lady? Is that something that matters?" Arya glanced back at Miya, "hmm, I wonder", and continued walking. Once inside her room, she ordered Miya to step outside, wanting to be alone. With a flop, she threw herself on the bed, lying on her stomach and burying herself in the soft bed, lost in her thoughts.

"He went to her, didn't he? I'm sure he went to her. What am I to expect? He was meant for her. You planned to leave once she arrived, don't back down now, Arya. Let go of these feelings; this world may be real, but it is not your world. Let's just forget him, let's break these shackles of the past," Arya thought pensively, lying like dead on the bed. Suddenly she felt, her back grow heavier with weight, she turned sideways, making Noir fall on the bed, and hugged him. "Meow?" she realized it was Noir. Arya gazed at the cat for a while, then commented, "you have gained weight. Look, your belly is quite ample." Shocked, the cat froze, while Von burst out laughing, "hahahaha."

As two hours passed, it was already dinner time. "My lady?" Miya knocked on the door, receiving no reply, she entered. Inside, she found Arya sleeping soundly, clutching her cat. Gazing at Arya's face, she recalled the detached expression she had seen earlier. "My lady?" Miya persisted in trying to wake her. Arya stirred from her slumber, "You're awake, my lady," Miya said. Arya sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes, "What time is it?" As Miya prepared her dress, she replied, "The dinner table is set, madam." "Change that. Bring something comfortable, easy to walk in," Arya instructed as she slouched on the couch. Miya returned with a more relaxed dress, urging Arya to get dressed before the Duke arrived at the dining hall.

Moments later, Arya was properly attired and ready to go. "Miya, what's on the menu for tonight?" They walked through the corridor, idly conversing. "It's turtle soup followed by venison steaks." "Hmmm, I see," Arya replied, her voice tinged with exhaustion. "Please, madam, refrain from speaking in such a manner in front of the duke. It might upset him," Miya suggested, 'I wonder, what might be troubling her?'

Entering the dinette, Arya saw Ivan already seated at his chair. Seeing her approach, Ivan's face lit up with a smile, his eyes filled with tenderness. He got up and escorted Arya to her seat. "You seem elated. Were you that eager to see me?" she teased, but his unexpectedly honest reply left her nonplussed, "Umhm, I missed you."

The look in his gaze made her heart pound faster, averting her gaze; she asked, "Um, did you finish that urgent matter of yours?" As the first course was being served, he nonchalantly replied, "It still needs attention; I'm afraid this is going to keep me preoccupied for some days. This matter needs to be dealt with without any further ado." Hesitantly, she asked further, "Wha-what is it about, th-that's concerning you so much?" He paused before replying, "It's an issue regarding the tower. Don't worry, this matter will be resolved in a few days." All Arya could do was give a smile in reply.

The next morning :

Arya found herself buried in paperwork upon returning to her office after several days in the capital. Despite her efforts to tackle the workload swiftly, it seemed never-ending. Frustrated, she slumped onto her desk, lamenting, "it's just too much!"

Miya, pouring tea, offered chamomile to soothe her fatigue. Arya, still weary, glanced at Miya, asking, "Where's the butler? How could he leave me with all this and vanish?"

Miya gently reminded her, "This is your workload, madam. He's occupied elsewhere with his duties." Arya, with a mischievous grin, vowed, "I'll make him regret it."
After some progress, Arya instructed Miya to summon the head maid, Martha.

Knocking gently on the door, "Madam, it's Martha." With a nod of affirmation, she stepped into the room. Offering a deferential bow, she inquired, "You rang for me, Madam?" Setting aside her pen, Arya remarked, "Martha, I've noticed you haven't taken your leave. How do you fancy spending it?" Martha, taken aback, replied, "Beg your pardon?" Arya elaborated, "I'm instructing you to have some time off." Perplexed, Martha questioned, "What's prompted this suddenness? If I've erred, I apologise, Madam. I..."

Interjecting, Arya assured, "I simply wish for you to enjoy some respite as a token of appreciation for your dedication, dear Martha. Perhaps a visit home?" Martha grasped Arya's intent, responding with a smile, "You're too kind, Madam. To exploit my day off thus." Arya cocked her head slightly, "After all, who toils harder than the head maid, eh?!"

It was past noon, and Arya finally finished her work. Stretching her arms, she sighed, "Ah, that was exhausting. How about a walk in the back garden?" Miya intervened, "Madam, what about lunch?" Considering for a moment, she inquired, "What about the Duke? Has he eaten?" Miya replied, "He's busy with his work. I saw a maid bring food to his office." "Hmm, then tell the chef to prepare something light and bring some fruits along. I'll have them at the gazebo," Arya said as she exited her office.

As she walked in the garden, she saw many flowers in full bloom. Witnessing such a sight, she felt buoyant. Enjoying the floral view, she strolled along the garden paths. Just then, Miya approached, "Lunch is ready, madam." As she turned, she noticed Misham walking towards her. "Greetings, your grace," he politely greeted her. "Hello Misham. It has been a while, hasn't it?" she asked. "How have you been, my lady? I have missed you!" he expressed. "I have been very well, I might say. Have you eaten? If not, would you like to join me for lunch?" she asked with an alluring smile. "I am famished, my lady!" like a puppy he expressed.

Sitting down in the gazebo, Arya ordered the maids to prepare another serving for Misham. A maid spoke, "Madam, how can he sit along with you? It might…" Arya cut her off with a steely voice, "he is hungry. We must never let our people starve. Now bring it."

Turning to Misham, her expression changed to warmth. "Tell me, how have you been these days?" Shyness was visible on his face as he fiddled with his fingers. "I have been waiting for you, master. I was fretful after hearing about your accident. It was petrifying for me. No matter how much I improve, I am still unable to protect you, master." He was on the verge of crying. Arya spoke, "I'm all right now. Look at me. Besides, what's with you protecting me? As your guardian, it's my duty to protect you, so don't worry."

Surprised, Misham looked at her. "Guardian?" "Well, basically I am. But if you don't want to, then…" Misham didn't let her finish. With tears filled eyes, he expressed joyfully, "I want. I want it to be you, master. No one else, but master." Smiling, she assured, "Okay, then eat a lot and grow stronger. Only then can you protect me, right?"

After having lunch, Arya spent some more time with Misham and then went to Ivan's office. The guard opened the door for her since her hands were occupied with a tray. "I see someone is madly in love with their work! How far have you gone, huh?" Arya spoke while approaching the tea table. "Don't say that, dear," getting up, Ivan says. Seeing his face, Arya was shocked and made a sound like 'ah' loudly. "Huh? Dear?" Ivan rushed to her. "Looks like you've been carrying the weight of the world under those eyes lately!" she remarked.

"He has been like that since last night," Stefan came out from behind the pile of papers, looking no less exhausted than Ivan, and his case seemed even worse. "Please, try to fix that!" Pointing the pen in Ivan's direction, he continues, "it's all about work! Work! Work! Ah! I want to resign, but he won't accept it either. Madam, help me." Exhaling, she says, "Let me help you with some. You two also need rest. Ivan, how many times have I told you not to neglect rest? It's necessary to rest to work effortlessly." Seeing Ivan being nudged by her, Stefan felt a sense of relief; however, "Me and Stefan will continue," hearing Arya's last words made him facepalm himself.

______•°•°•°•______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 52 17
Kiara had done a deal with the reaper because of his mistake and now she found herself in a world she was familiar and unfamiliar at the same time ~...
1.2M 43.4K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** Viola is the youngest ch...
520K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
MissFortune By Rosiquen

Historical Fiction

3.6K 97 17
"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish." Rosamund, the Daughter of the Duke, the Young Lady was fairest of all the nobles. Who kne...