New Girl ( Urban story )

By inlovewitya

Jalissa is moving with her mom to California for a better job offer. She comes across many new things in this... More

New Girl ( Urban story )
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30

11.5K 385 328
By inlovewitya

Hey guys! So I want to try writing in third person. Im going to be writing this chapter in 3rd person. If you want me to go back to writing in Jalissa & Eli's POV please let me know!!! Thanks guys!!! :)

A few weeks later...

Eli sat on his couch scrolling through instagram, and all he seen was prom pictures after prom pictures after prom pictures. Crenshaw's prom was in about a month and a half. He hadn't given much thought into it until now. He wondered if Jalissa wanted to go. He made a mental note to ask her when she got out the shower.

He was waiting for her to get ready so they could go to the mall. He was treating them to some shoes.

Jalissa stepped out of the shower, singing along to Khelani playing on her phone, and rubbed her cocoa butter lotion all over her body. She slipped into some black tights, and a black long sleeve, with her low top Bred 11s. She tied a flannel around her waist. She kept it simple. But kind of cute.

She walked into the bathroom thought for a moment on what to do with her wild curly hair. She finally just threw it up in a cute messy bun. When she walked out of the bathroom Eli was sitting on the bed giving her that "you ready?" look.

He had on some cut off Nike sweat shorts, with a fresh white tee, with some fresh Air Force 1's. Even when they were bummy they complemented each other. They both matched each other's fly and looked good doing it.

Jalissa grabbed her all white Michael Kors bag, "I'm ready." She told Eli before heading out the room. Eli followed right behind.

He tossed her the keys, indicating she was driving. She hopped in the driver seat and sped off. She hooked up her phone to the auxiliary cord and played "Favorite" by Nicki Minaj, one of her favorites. She sang along quietly to the music and Eli stared out the window. They were in their own worlds.

Until, Eli cut the music down a little bit, "Baby are we going to prom?" He asked.

She was quiet for a minute, she leaned forward a bit, "Ummmm..", She began as she started sucking in her teeth repeatedly trying to find an answer. "You want to?"

He nodded his head, he already knew Jalissa wanted to go. What girl didn't?

"Then let's do it." She smiled.

He wanted Jalissa to be able to experience prom. At one point prom was all she talked about, and how they were gonna kill it. He knew she still wanted that. He was gonna make sure she had the prom she desired. No matter what. Baby bump and all.

-

When they arrived at the mall Jalissa was drawn to the dress stores like a magnet. She dragged Eli into every single one. She tried on dresses for a cool 2 hours. None of them satisfied her enough, so they went to buy what they had originally came for, shoes.

Eli was looking at some new high top vans. They were white, brown, and blue and had leather material. Jalissa was all wrapped up in the tiny baby vans. She coo'd over them, excitedly. As time grew closer she was more excited to meet her baby. She was now getting some serious baby fever.

"Jalissa." Eli waved her over.

She set the baby shoes down and walked towards him,"Yes?", She asked approaching him.

He handed her the shoe, "What do you think about these?"

She observed them for a few seconds before telling him he should get them. "I like the colors too."

He nodded. "You don't want nothing?" He asked waving over one of their employees.

She shook her head. She was already living is his house, eating his food, and running up his bills. She didn't want to add on any extra money. Although he didn't mind at all...he loved spoiling Jalissa. She always declined his offers. She didn't feel right taking all his money. She'd never had to take money from a man in her life. Whatever she wished for, her mom had. She didn't like how dependent she had become on Eli. So she took it upon herself, and had been filling out applications like crazy.

"Jalissa man get the shoes." He said referring to the ones he heard her telling Alex she wanted.

She just sat down on the wooden bench quietly. Although she did want the shoes she didn't want him to waste his money.

He asked the worker for his size and he disappeared to the back.

"Jalissa what's the matter? I thought we came to get US some shoes?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I just don't want to be-"

"Stop it with that man. You good. I insist you get you some shoes. Baby i told you I got us, I meant that." He spoke softly, but sternly.

She nodded her head.

She knew Eli didn't mind. She knew he had the money. Just, a part of her didn't feel right.

"Now get you some shoes, baby. I saw some pink ones over I know you would like." He smiled. He knew Jalissa loved pink, and he got very familiar with her style in the time of them being together. He had a strong feeling those were the ones she was talking about anyways.

She reluctantly walked over to the wall of Vans, and picked up a pair of all pink high top Vans, the same ones he was talking about. He smiled to himself, just as the staff member walked out the back room.

"Last one." He said handing him the box, "Everybody that's been coming in been asking for these."

Eli chuckled, "Oh for real?", he asked admiring the shoes, knowing that they were pretty tight.

The worker nodded, and watched Eli slip them on.

"Um, excuse me can I see those in a size 4 please?" A short girl walked up pointing at Elijah's shoes. She was blushing uncontrollably in his direction, mesmerized by him. Eli quickly looked at Jalissa, who was paying them no attention what so ever.

"Hi, I'm Jada." The girl said extending her hand out to Eli.

"Umm..", he said taking another glance at Jalissa, "My girl is over there, sorry shorty."

"Oh..", she said slowly pulling her hand back. The girl quickly walked away, looking dumb founded. She walked out of the store, forgetting all about the shoes that she requested. Eli watched her. She looked so familiar to him, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He shrugged his shoulders, and when he turned his head back towards Jalissa, she was towering over him. He cursed himself, knowing Jalissa seen him watching the girl.

"See something you like?", Jalissa asked trying to be funny.

He just shook his head and looked away from her.

"Well, I didn't either." she shrugged her shoulders. She started quickly making her way out the store. He got up, and quickly followed behind. "Here we go", he thought to himself.

"Jalissa," he sighed as they went down the escalator, "So, you mad?"

She had her arms folded over her chest, and shook her head.

"Man, I'm not gonna deal with this attitude today. Cut that shit dude. I'm telling you." He said annoyed as he brushed by her and walked down the escalator.

She followed behind him, mugging the back of his head. She was pregnant. She was moody. She was hormonal. What could she do? He knew how she was over him, especially when it came to girls.

He stormed out the mall with Jalissa not too far behind. He was irritated with her, and decided to just take her home. He didn't want to fight or argue with her. He just needed to be away from her. That attitude was irritating him too much. He didn't know why it was getting to him, but it was.

The car ride was silent, the radio played lightly, not that either of them were paying it any mind. Jalissa was resting her head on her fist, looking down at her leggings, lost in her thoughts. Eli was staring at the road blankly, focusing on getting her home.

When they pulled up, he didn't pull into the driveway, he just stopped in the middle of the street in front of their home. He unlocked the door, and leaned back in his seat, waitkng for Jalissa to get out. He didn't even look in her direction.

She looked at him confused, "You're not coming?" She asked.

He shook his head, still not sparring her a glance. She frowned her eye brows, and when she started to say something smart, she decided against it and instead just exited the car.

He pulled off when he seen she made it into the house.

She walked into the living room and let out a huge sigh as she popped down on the couch. She hated when Eli was mad at her.

She pulled out her phone, and called Alex. They talked for twenty minutes. Until, Alex insisted they meet up. Jalissa agreed, and told her she'd meet her at her Mom's house. She had forgotten some things there anyways that she needed.

She grabbed her purse and headed for the bus stop.

-

When she got to the closest bus stop to her mom's house she walked 15 minutes to her mom's house. She was tired. Her Jordan's were starting to kill her feet. She hated walking, and taking the bus. She missed her car oh so much at this moment.

She felt so much relief as she approached her mom's house. She walked through the gate, and pulled her keys out of her bag. She opened the door, and saw Alex sitting on the couch.

"Hey!", Alex said hopping off the couch.

Jalissa smiled, "Hey boo."

It felt so unreal to Alex, seeing Jalissa in the house again. It had been a minute. She hugged her bestfriend.

"I'm starving.", Jalissa admitted walking into the kitchen. Going straight to fridge. Ever since the pregnancy, she had developed a serious appetite, adding onto the big one she already had.

Jalissa cooked them a quick meal. They sat at the bar stool, talking and laughing.

"So where's Eli?" Alex asked.

Jalissa rolled her eyes and shoved some food into her mouth, before shrugging her shoulders, carelessly.

Alex giggled, "What happened?"

"I caught him talking to some random ass girl in the Vans store." she said.

Although, it wasn't much of anything, you wouldn't have been able to tell that from the other side of the store. And when Eli's eyes followed her out the store, it only added fuel to the fire. Jalissa had never seen this girl in her life, but she was drooling over Eli, all in his face. It made Jalissa very jealous. She wasn't going to admit it, just cop her little attitude.

Alex rested her head in her palm, and sighed, "Niggas gone be niggas."

Jalissa shook her head quickly, "Not my nigga."

They both giggled.

"I have to use the bathroom," Jalissa excused herself.

As she walked away, Alex's phone lit up, and she immediately smiled when she seen Marcus's name.

She walked around the hallway, and into the bathroom by the stairs. Just as she approached it, the front door shot open. She froze in place. Her eyes shot toward the door immediately, and her pair of eyes were met with her mom's.

Her mom's mouth hit the floor. "Jalissa..", she said, almost as a question, under her breathe in disbelief.

"Um..," Jalissa said nervously, not exactly knowing what to say.

Alex sat in the kitchen on the bar stool, nervously. Not knowing what was going to happen next. Her heart was racing.

Andrea walked towards Jalissa and wrapped her arms around her daughter, and sobbed into her shoulder. Jalissa hugged her mom back tightly. Tears began to fall instantly.

Andrea pulled away, "Oh my gosh, my baby. How are you?" She asked wiping the tears from her eyes.

Jalissa nodded her head, "Fine."

They were both happy to see one another. Despite the big argument they once had they loved each other more than anything. But, they both had too much pride to call the other.

Andrea guided Jalissa into the living room and sat on the couch. She apologized for talking to Jalissa like that and making her feel like that-she was just upset. At the time, she didn't know what to do, but now she did. She needed to be there for her daughter. They both got everything they needed to say off their chests.

They talked for a long time, and ended their conversation on good terms. Jalissa was relieved. She missed her mommy so much, and was more than happy to be back on good terms. Andrea was also very happy. She cooked them dinner in celebration.

...

"So how's Eli?", Andrea asked while they sat there having dinner.

Jalissa swallowed her food before replying, "Good."

"I'm sorry for being so rude to him mama. I really like him, but I was just angry with the both of you."

Jalissa shook her head, "Don't even worry about it. It's fine mommy."

"Where is he?"

Jalissa shrugged her shoulders. He hadn't called her or texted her or anything. He was still upset with her, and needed a little space. She understood- kind of.

"Are you going back to his house tonight?" She asked.

Jalissa thought for a moment, undecided. She would be glad to not be all in his space, for a night. Give him a break. He clearly needed his space. She felt like she was already annoying him, and well she kind of was. Just being around someone 24/7 would annoy anyone.

"I don't know yet."

"Well I want to take you there if you are, so I can apologize to him." Her mom insisted.

Jalissa nodded her head in agreement.

After dinner, Jalissa walked over to the outlet that her phone was plugged into. Eli texted her. She smiled slightly.

ELI: Baby, please come home.

She smiled harder before texting back "omw".

"Hey mom, I'm going to go can you take me now?"

Her mom nodded and grabbed her keys.

"Alex, moms dropping me off. You coming?" Jalissa said walking into Alex's room.

Alex nodded and hopped off the bed. She slipped her shoes on, and they headed out the door.

The car ride was full of laughter. They all missed each other dearly, and were finally getting back to their little family. It hasn't been too long, but it had been long enough for them.

-

When they pulled up, Jalissa was happy to be home and get to see Eli. It had only been hours, but she missed him. She needed her space and missed him at the same time.

She unlocked the door, and walked in holding it open for her mom and Alex, then closing it.

To her surprise, Eli's dad and the light skin man that had accompanied Eli's father when he took her to the hospital were sitting on the couch.

"Oh hi pops," Jalissa greeted.

"What's up lil mama." They hugged.

"This is my mom, Andrea. Mom, this is Eli's dad."

Her mom was in no way shape or form interested in Eli's father. Her eyes were locked on the light skin man, their eyes were actually locked on each other. They each had blank expressions. Alex, Tone, and Jalissa looked around very dumb founded, wondering what was going on.

Jalissa looked back and forth between them puzzled.

"Danny?" Andrea whispered under her breathe in disbelief. Her eyes were almost popping out of her head.

"Andrea..," the light skin man said back. He was also in a state of shock.

"You two know each other?" Jalissa asked awkwardly.

There was a long pause before Andrea nodded her head. "Él es su padre." (He is your father."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78K 1.2K 33
Calliope Torres and Arizona Robbins have been through so much together more than any couple should go through. Life changing accidents a baby, cheati...
184K 5.8K 32
I was moving to LA since my mom got a job promotion. New school, new friends, what could go wrong?
84.1K 2.4K 67
Arizona has 2 daughter's and a son, all with her previous wife, Callie. Callie has moved to New York, leaving Arizona in Seattle. She meets neurosurg...
38K 490 20
Arizona and Eliza get together and all is good except Arizona is terrified to love Eliza and let her in. Will Arizona learn to let her guard down aga...