Falling to Rise [Book 1 of Fa...

By CATtheDrawer

Wielding the power of magic makes you a sorcerer. Being sorcerer is a crime against the kingdom of Emedo and... More

Some Notes
The Land of Ethereal
~~Part One~~
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
~~Part Two~~
To the Sun
To the Sun w/ quote
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
~~Part 3~~
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue
Thank you!
Fun things about what I did to plan F2R
For Fate and Destiny
Destiny Calls
GOOOO! Book 2!

Chapter Two

3.9K 153 91
By CATtheDrawer

Chapter 2 is out! Sorry for being a little late my phone died and I had to wait dor it to charge up.

We are continuing on with our adventure and more struggle awaits poor little Seto.

Stay tuned for his adventure!

Duh! Duh! Duuuuuh!

;) Don't forget to comment your theories, I'd love to see what you think will happen as time goes on. Plus it gives me ideas on what you guys expect, in case of a writer's block these theories may prove to be very helpful :D

Above should be pic of Ty. :D
DA version: http://catthedrawer.deviantart.com/art/20150715-145717-546615019?ga_submit_new=10%253A1436996391

Falling to Rise
Chapter 2

"Its strange how we find the best of friends in the most unexpected people."

The carriage rumbled to a stop and jolted forward making Seto fall out of his seat. He woke just as he crashed onto the carriage floor, his bag inside smashing on top of him.

"Ow..." he mumbled to himself, the door opened and a well dressed man held out a hand to Seto.

"Excuse me for the sudden stop Master Seto, I hope you sustained no injuries," he announced in a well-mannered tone.

"Oh, don't worry, I was just caught off guard," Seto explained, laughing lightly and pushing himself up, then took the man's hand. The man pulled Seto up and out of the carriage and stepped away as Seto reached in and grabbed his bag, sliding the strap over his shoulder and across his chest.

Seto tried to climb up on the carriage to grab his bag but his foot slipped and he slid down. "Oof!"

"Allow me," the man proposed and pulled himself up. He balanced himself on the rim of the carriage and undid the ropes. Then he hefted the bag over and down to Seto. Seto grabbed it and set it on the floor.

"Thank you," Seto graciously said then quickly rummaged through his sack and pulled out a small pouch. He brought out 5 gold nuggs and gave it to the driver who looked at it in shocked.

"Your parents already payed me, I cannot take this," he tried to hand them back.

"Please take it, it would serve you better than with me. Out here I don't have much to use them for," the man looked at him and thanked him repeatedly. Seto waved as the man climbed back on the front of the carriage and clicked his tongue. The horses neighed and trotted away, with the carriage in tow.

Seto was sure that that would be the last he'd see anything like that. He imagined where he was going there wouldn't be any luxuries like carriages. Seto definitely wasn't the survivalist kind of guy, but he knew he would just have to find a way to get used to things.

After the carriage was much farther in the distance Seto grabbed his bag and looked around. It was then he noticed the land. His eyes widened and the breeze ruffled his hood.

He has never seen so much grass before. Seto had never traveled so far, he had never left his home in the desert. The air here was much cooler and the grass was such a vivid green.

There was never enough rain for their to be this much grass, just a land covered completely in sand. The only source of water inland was the large lake close to the center of kingdom.

He had never been sure where it came from since they never accumulated enough rain for a lake that big. His father had always theorized that there was an underwater reserve pooling to the surface from deep in the ground.

A strong gust of wind snapped Seto to his senses, he shivered, he had also never felt so cold. He was on the border of Keuta and Emedo, right near Hyrrka as it was called.

Hyrrka was the area of Emedo where the army camp was located. The whole area was used by the army but only a certain area was walled off, or so he had heard. The only way to find out was to walk there and take the dirt path.

Seto took one cautious step out onto the grass half expecting his feet to sink in slightly, but was surprised to find how solid and sturdy it was. All his life he had gotten used to the feeling of his feet sinking into the soft, golden grains of the desert, this new feeling of support left him feeling unbalanced. Sure the floors of house and indoor shops were like this but this felt different, solid but soft and spongy.

Just the smell of the landscape was enough to make Seto want to lie down and let the new senses wash over him but he was forgetting one thing. He had to hurry up or he'd miss check-in.

As Seto began to walk he had this unsettling feeling wash over him, like a premonition, that things were going to be all sorts of bad in the future. But Seto simply shrugged it off, it was just his fear taking over him, he'll be fine. Plus most of the people came from Keuta, obviously. Some people came from other kingdoms willing to pledge their allegiance to Emedo and Keuta, but most were definitely Keutians.

~~~~~

It was only an hour past the time he arrived at the border, or so Seto believed judging by the position of the sun. Immediately he was struck by the enormity of the place, and he hadn't even made it to the front wall.

Huge towering stone walls surrounded the perimeter of the camp, a line stood waiting outside of the wall. It was fairly short surprisingly. Just as Seto was heading to the line he noticed several other people coming up from different roads, most likely from other kingdoms. He didn't stop to stare no matter how curious he was. Instead his curiosity was replaced with a sense of unease.

Seto was sure that with a line this short he was definitely late. Not a good start to the year.

Seto stood there in line uncomfortably, he quietly hummed to himself. His humming was interrupted by the loud, boisterous laughter and chatter by the people behind him who just entered the line. Seto did not mind, he's always been quiet and shy. He was popular in his kingdom, but he only ever had one person his age he could call friend. And that friend would be here with him today if he hadn't fled the kingdom claiming the kingdom was corrupt.

Of course as a respectable individual and a law-abiding citizen that was just absurd. His home was a lovely, just place.

Seto barely noticed the man at the front of the gate gesturing for him to hurry up. He wore and unpleasant frown as he held a book and quill in his hand. Seto couldn't see his eyes for they were blocked by a pair of unusual glasses that were completely black. Seto then realized the man was tapping his foot impatiently and Seto panicked as he stepped forward.

"About time," He huffed, his chestplate was black with navy blue markings, he appeared to be wearing very formal clothes underneath hence the folded sleeves and silky material. "State your name and kingdom of residence."

"Uh.. er. Seto! S-Seto Magi, the Kingdom of Keuta," Seto faltered his voice was dripping with fear.

The man wrote that down in his little book then seemed to raise an eyebrow, "Seto...." he mumbled, "Vesuvius?"

At first Seto was confused then realised he was talking about his mother's maiden name, "Y-yes, my mother."

The man nodded absent-mindedly, "Bag please." Seto handed him his bags and watched as he rummaged through them. His nicely folded clothes were tossed around and mixed together with everything else like a salad. He then handed them both back to Seto and Seto sighed just about to walk by him and into the camp. Just before he could do that the man stopped him, "I'm going to have to ask you to remove your cloak, we don't allow loose clothing here."

Seto stood there in shock, he couldn't, this was his father's, he couldn't just take it off, "But, this was my father's--"

"Hurry and take it off! I have more people to inspect," he growled at Seto.

Seto sighed and undid the clasp holding his cloak together. The mini shawl that covered his shoulders opened up and he pulled down his hood. Seto folded it nicely and placed it on top of the other confiscated items thrown messily on the green grass.

Then Seto proceeded to walk in ignoring his surroundings. Now what was he supposed to do, would he even get it back? Unlikely, already he felt very small and very alone. Though maybe that was good.

Yeah! Seto perked up, he had always been shy, so it was fine, plus the more reserved he is then the less risk of spilling his secret to someone. He couldn't afford to get comfortable, until he was back home with his family. He would have to make sure he kept quie--

"Hey! H. E. Y." Seto's thoughts were shattered when this loud voice was yelling behind him. Seto decided to ignore it since it probably wasn't directed to him, anyways he had to find a tent to sleep in and figure out what to do next.

A hand stopped Seto from walking as it rested on his shoulder, which caused Seto to jump and turn to the owner. The skinny man was hunched over as he breathed heavily, then started to laugh.

"Wow, I've been calling out to you for several minutes," he looked up, straightened himself up then grinned.

"O-oh," Seto wasn't sure what to do, he couldn't be rude, but this wasn't safe.

"Oh? Ha ha! That's a strange reply I was expecting more of an 'I'm sorry'," he was tall and wore this strange black scarf around his neck, what was odd was the messy look to his clothes. His white shirt was messily tucked into his grey pants, half of it sticking out. One leg of his pants was rolled up and he had this strange purple and black bracelet on his leg, actually he had 3 strange bracelets. One on his leg, one on each wrist, his right bracelet had this strange jewel, it looked slightly like and eye.

"Oh! I'm sorr--" Seto panicked since having stared at him for who knows how long and probably made things more awkward.

"I was just kidding," he laughed, "Don't apologize, here I wanted to give this to you."

"What?" Having only just met this stranger he wasn't sure what he could possibly give Seto and why-- the stranger handed Seto his cloak! With a pair of headphones?

"Oops, sorry those are mine," he removed the headphones and Seto took his cloak.

"Uh, er, thank you!" Seto graciously replied, honestly nothing could amount to his gratitude. The stranger grinned again, most likely glad to have been of help.

"Don't worry about it, couldn't let that grouch by the front gate take something that's important to you--OH! I forgot to introduce myself-- you go first."

Seto was caught off guard by his sudden outburst, "Seto."

He nodded, "Oh, right, you were in front of me, whoops. I'm Tyler, but I like Ty a lot better," he held out his hand while the other carried his headphones. Seto shyly shook his hand and then stood there awkwardly.

"Hey, wanna nab a tent? I hear it's four per tent so might be a good idea since we're friends now." Ty gestured behind him where a series of rows of tents stood. A lot of people were loitering around them.

Seto nodded without thinking and Ty shouted great, he grabbed Seto's wrist and ran off dragging Seto with him. Seto was overtaken with the sudden urgency and speed and almost stumbled as he ran to keep up.

Oh dear Notch, what had he gotten himself into. He wasn't supposed to be making friends, but now he's gone and made one, now it'll be all the more harder to keep secrets.

~~~~~

"Wake up," Seto heard a quiet voice whisper in his ear. Seto groaned and turned over, he felt a sudden chill as something was snatched from him. Through his muddled sleepy thoughts he surmised it was his blanket. He tried to snuggle deeper into himself, but this place was far to cold for him, at least in the desert he was always warm.

Someone began to prod Seto in the shoulder and finally he caved in, he mumbled a quiet, "What," and waited for a reply without opening his eyes.

"It's sunrise, we have to hurry if we want to eat," the voice answered back.

The thought of food made Seto's stomach growl and he rolled onto his back. He scrunched his eyes together unwilling to open them, then ultimately decided to get it over with.

When he opened his eyes he almost let a scream, until he realized that it was just Ty's face staring into him and not the red eyes of some blood curdling beast.

"Darn, was hopping to give you a scare," he stepped back threw Seto's blanket at Seto. It landed on his head and Seto shoved it off. Seto sat up, "Well, hurry or we'll be late." Tyler hurried over back to his cot on the other side of the tent, it appears the other two who share their tent have already left.

Seto pushed himself out of bed, letting himself yawn. He messed with his hair and slipped on his cloak, clipping the little black gem with his family insignia embedded in it to his hood. Seto patted his forehead to make sure he still had his band tied around his head, he sighed when he felt it still there.

"Hey Seto, why did you keep that band on while you slept. Looks kind of silly to me," Ty asked as he shimmied his weird scarf over his head and down to his shoulders. Which he actually found out it was called a Valta. It works a lot like a scarf but more a traditional version in Vragan.

Actually, since Seto is such a lover of history and culture he would love to ask Ty about Vragan since nothing is taught about them back home.

"Oh, um," Seto pointed to his band, "This is just like a, er..., good luck charm...?" Seto didn't mean for it to sound like a question, but that's how it came out. Ty stared at him with a disbelieving smirk, but before he could ask more question Seto blurted, "Y-you said we had to get going, right? So let's go," Seto hurriedly walked out of the tent not waiting for Ty to follow. He almost blew it and on only the second day. He knew not many people from Vragan would chose to work in an enemy kingdom, but he knew enough that those who were willing to work for an enemy kingdom would also sell him out if they found out what he was. Anything to be accepted.

Unfortunately, Seto happened to make friends with the worst possible person to be friends with.

"Man, you walk fast, mind slowing down a bit... not that I actually have a problem." Ty walked up to him, matching Seto's pace.

"S-sorry," Seto slowed his pace.

"Hey, don't apologi--" Ty was yanked to a stop from behind and Seto staggered to a stop, he looked behind him to see this taller and much bulkier man glaring at eye level with Ty.

"You're the kid from Vragan, right," the man sneered at Ty, Seto stood there unsure of what to do. Should he help, get some help, or, or--

"Depends, who's asking," Ty smirked at the man.

He clenched his fist and raised one, without thinking Seto ran up and grabbed the man's hand. He was met with a fearsome glare and Seto let go immediately. He turned to Seto and started to speak until someone came up from behind.

"What is this? Some sort of party, split up! You all have training in just a few minutes." It was the same man that had checked through all their bags. The one who was harassing Ty grumbled and left, leaving just the three of them standing there.

"Uh, t-thank you," Now Seto is really grateful but felt very uncomfortable under the gaze of this man. Ty just nodded and smiled then turned to leave, Seto doing the same. He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked out behind him.

There was a very large frown on this man, "If my memory is correct, which it is, I asked you two to leave that cloak and headphones here, not carry them on you."

Almost giving away his secret, and now getting in trouble, this has aught to be the riskiest thing Seto has ever had to be a part of. Seto shook as the man glared at both him and Ty, or at least he thinks he's being glared at.

Seto gulped, he glued his eyes to the ground and shifted around uncomfortably, on the other hand Ty looked the man straight in his eyes... or glasses. He didn't waver nor let down his smile.

"Is there a problem sir?" Ty asked, Seto squeezed his eyes shut. He was almost certain Ty would get punched, this man looked like the kind of guy not to mess with.

"The both of you come with me. If you haven't eaten breakfast, then that is a shame. It seems you'll be skipping out."

Oooooooo, Seto is in trouble! :D Heh, Chapter 3 will come out as soon as I can finish it. Though by the time I'm posting this it probably is already finished, just not posting until it is time.

Next chapter you'll meet some more people, though I won't say who. >;) No spoils. sorry.

Feel free to vote, comment, and/or follow. I would really appreciate the support, it would let me know you like this story, or my other stories, and it helps motivate me to get things out on time even if I'm in a situation where it is almost physically impossible to do so.

Also check my ABOUT ME section to learn about when the next chapter will be out.

~WrittenDarkness

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1.4K 38
Prince Seto is the only living wizard known to be left. This makes him as threat to the Eritai Kingdom, Dusaro Kingdom, and the Elidin Kingdom. He wa...
28.9K 1.6K 30
School of Creation ; "We Promise to Aid Our Citizens of The Future!" Being the Prince of Sorcerers can take a heavy toll on someone. With struggles e...
670 254 37
~COMPLETED~ The 2 most important people of the planet are missing. But not the planet Earth. A different and hidden planet called Corviopolis-The Hol...
18K 1.5K 48
It started with a portal from the sky. Earth was out into chaos, talking about aliens and how our world is going to be taken over. It then became wor...