Angelica "Freak Two" Munson

By writinganonymouslove

"Hey, Harrington!" she reverses against her heel, flipping him the bird, "The names Freak Two, actually. If y... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64

Chapter 65

178 11 1
By writinganonymouslove

Angie walks up to the payphone as Dustin angrily yells into it, "You're just jealous because I have another older male friend."

"Hey, Dustin!" She shouts after him, "Is that Steve?"

"Yeah, here–" He begins to hand the phone over as Steve interrupts him.

"Oh, I have some customers. I'll call you back."

"No, Steve!" He tries, "It's–"

He turns to Angie with a sigh, "He hung up."

"Ugh," Angie rolls her eyes, "Of course he did." She pauses as Dustin huffs, "What did you need him for?"

"Because apparently, you suck at sweet talking your brother." He whines, "He's not postponing."

She hisses a little as she inhales with a shrug, "I did try to warn you."

"Yeah, well, " he huffs, "Now, we're stuck trying to find a replacement for Lucas."

"Why didn't Steve agree?" She asks with a sudden burst of curiosity.

"He said he was gonna try to get tickets to the game after his shift so you guys could go."

Angie smiles in delight, "How sweet of him." She mutters under her breath.

"Yeah, yeah." Dustin glares, "How sweet of him." He mocks.

She scoffs softly, "Don't mock me."

"Don't–" he cuts himself off, "You know what, I don't have time for this." He turns, looking for another student to bother, "I need to keep looking."

She waves at him a bit smuggly, enjoying the dose of banter.

Spinning back around, she places her quarter in the machine and dials his work number.

She fiddles with his class ring as she waits for him to answer.

After the first couple of rings, she assumes he's still with customers but, nonetheless, taps her foot impatiently on the concrete.

For a moment, she starts to think that he won't answer. As soon as she starts to place the phone back onto the slots, his voice rings out in her ear, "Home Video, this is Steve speaking."

"Hey," she smiles.

He leans against the counter, immediately engrossed in the conversation, "Hey, beautiful. What's up?"

Angie places a cold hand to her face as she feels herself blush a little.

"So, I was wondering if you were free tonight."

"In fact, I am."

"Well, the championship game is tonight, and Lucas gave me a couple of tickets." She twirls the cord softly as she leans against the brick wall, "I was hoping we could make it a date." She waits hesitantly.

He chuckles softly, "You know, I would love that– I was actually going to get some tickets after my shift, but it looks like you did that job for me."

"Great, so I'll see you there?"

"Yeah, I get off early tonight anyways because Keith had a doctor's appointment or something."

"Steve," she scolds mildly.

"What?"

"Just because Keith won't be there doesn't mean that you get a free pass to leave early." She giggles, a prominent smile on her face.

"Well, it's never stopped me before." He shrugs, "Plus, I'll be there earlier to pick you up. Maybe we can get ice cream or something on the way."

"Ice cream?" She questions, "Isn't it a little cold for that?"

"Nah," he crosses his arms, leaning further against the counter, "Not until later tonight."

"Alright, if you say so."

The warning bell for lunch rings, signaling that there's 5 minutes until the late bell.

"Hey, I gotta go. Lunch is almost over."

"Alright," he sits up, "I'll see you later then– I'll be at your house around 5:30?"

"Yeah, 5:30 works for me."

"Okay, bye." he hesitates momentarily, "I love you."

Angie smiles softly, "I love you too."

She hangs up, readjusting her bag as she practically skips to class. It's nice to just be a teenager for a little while– Not have to worry about saving the world.

[?]

As the school bell rings, signaling that school is over, Angie paces her way to the parking lot to find Eddie's car.

Spotting the ugly blue thing, she slips into the passenger side. Her hair slips from the ponytail once again as she huffs. She was more than ready to get out of there, but she knew Eddie was going to take forever as usual.

Tightening her ponytail once more, creating a few lumps in the process, she lies her head against the back of the seat.

After taking a moment to herself, exhausted from the long day, she flips around, placing her school bag in the back seat.

Eddie opens the driver door, excusing his friends.

Angie turns to greet him when something catches her eye. A lunch box that's half hidden underneath one of his jackets.

She removes the jacket, tossing it to the side as she opens the lunchbox. To her surprise, it's filled with various amounts of weed. She slams it closed, facing him furiously, "Edward Waylon Munson!"

His features run pale as his friends snicker from behind them. He waves them off, suddenly frustrated by their presence.

"Oh, she's mad." One of his friends chuckles.

She peaks her head out from behind an ashamed Eddie, "Piss off!" She shouts, "This doesn't evolve you!"

They throw their hand up in surrender, finally dismissing themselves.

Eddie finally turns to her, a diminished demeanor about him as he spots the unlatched lunchbox– although he tries to hide it.

"You lied to me!" She exclaims, betrayal in her irises.

"Alright, look–" He tries, slamming the  driver door shut.

"No," she interrupts, "nothing you can say will change the fact that you lied to me!"

"I needed the money!"

"And you couldn't have gotten a job like everyone else– a normal job!" She sighs, whimpering softly, "You told me that you stopped dealing."

"And I did..." he scratches his head, "for a little while, but then–"

She sits up higher in her seat, leaning closer, "You're not using again, are you?"

"No!" He waves his hands dismissingly, "God, no! I'm not using again."

"Then, why are you dealing?" Her brows furrow as she tries to understand.

"Because I needed the money!" He repeats pathetically.

"Eddie," Angie scolds, "Don't you dare lie to me. I'm sick of it."

"Look," he sighs defeatedly, "I really did need the money, but... I just–" He runs an anxious hand through his hair, "It felt nice to be needed, I guess." He shrugs.

"Needed?" She resists a laugh at his statement, noting the seriousness of his tone, "Eddie, you're already needed." She smiles, "I need you. Hell Fire needs you... You are needed."

"Well," he takes a deep breath, "I didn't feel needed— but the jocks, the cheerleaders, the ones that society remembers— they asked me for some. And for a moment, I was important, so I started dealing again." He admits softly.

"Eddie," she smiles, grasping his attention, "You're the one that taught me to be myself– not to be ashamed of who I was." She shrugs, "It took me a while to really believe it, but you were right. Don't let them take that from you."

He grins, happy to have this conversation despite its ill beginning, "Thanks, sis."

"Of course."

"Minor thing, though," His smile fades hesitantly, "I have a deal tonight."

"Eddie!"

"It's the last one!" He exclaims quickly.

"It better be." She points harshly as he starts the van.

"It will be." He smiles, "I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 11.2K 27
[ completed - 17/3/14 ] [ undergoing slight editing ] [ Wattyawards2014 ] [ featured on the Wattpad Official account's Summer Beach Reads list ] Au...
3.2M 106K 34
This is the sequel to Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board, the first book in the Weeping Willow High School series.
11.4M 95.4K 7
•A Wattpad Twice-Featured Story. *Previously named Elle's Saviour* At 25 years old, Elle Barrett resorted to escorting to provide for her son and un...
79.3K 5K 28
A desperate new mother must piece together her memories from the most violent night of her life - and confront the truth about the ghosts that have b...