Chapter 38

"See," Angie almost laughs as she gazes upon the sight of the embarrassing dance instructor, "I told you guys. You can't stereotype this."

"Come on, guys." Dustin sighs, "We're back to square one."

They reenter the store disappointed.

"Robin, you're never gonna believe who Dustin thought was a Russian."

"You thought so too, Steve. Don't be so quick to point--" Angie stops as Robin sprints through their group, "Where are you going? Robin?"

They rush after her as she continues to mumble to herself and spin in circles as she gazes upon her surroundings.

"Robin?" Steve repeats the question, "What are you doing?"

"I cracked it." she smiles.

"Holy shit," Angie mutters in disbelief.

"Cracked what?"

"The code!" The two girls exclaim in unison.

"So... what is it?" Steve asks, still not caught up with their thought process.

Robin sighs, "Not here." She begins running back into the store.

The boys stand frozen in the plaza, so Angie grabs Steve's wrist and smiles, "Come on, we'll explain."

"We? How do you know about any of this?" He allows her to draw him along.

"I had a hunch, and I'm pretty sure Robin's about to prove it plausible."

"So," Robin begins as the others began to sit around the metal table, "The message is coded for the names of the stores."

"What does that have to do with the secret code?"

"I'm assuming that they're using the mail deliveries. They've been receiving packages from specific stores as a cover to bring in whatever supplies they need."

"What supplies could they possibly need?" Steve questions.

"That's what we're going to find out. Tonight."

"Why tonight? Isn't it supposed to--"

"The next shipment should come in tonight when blue meets yellow in the west."

"The clock." Dustin specifies as the information clicks, "One hand is blue and the others yellow."

"Precisely."

[?]

"This trash bag is extremely uncomfortable." Steve whines, picking at the fabric.

"I told you I could've been the one in the trash bags." Angie points out, admittedly comfortable in Steve's poncho.

"I told you to bring a coat."

"You did not. I strictly remember--"

"They're here!" Dustin shushes the fighting teens and draws their attention to the vehicle.

"Look for Imperial Panda and Kaufman Shoes."

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock."

"What do you think's in there?"

"Guns, bombs?"

"Chemical weapons?"

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth."

"Great," Steve once again wipes the rain from his eyes, "That's great."

They watch as the guards allow the "mailman" to enter an unknown room.