Chapter 4

"How was your party? Before, you know, you left to take the princess home. I meant to ask you yesterday." Eddie asks quietly as he sits on her bed. They don't want to wake up their uncle who's asleep on the couch.

"Nancy? Yeah, it was pretty great."

"I saw that you've got a new friend, Jonathon. What's he like?"

"He's honestly amazing. Uh... he's a part of that family that had the missing boy last year: Byers."

"Oh, I remember. They had a funeral and everything, but the boy showed up the next week."

"Yeah, thank goodness... but uh everyone calls him a freak because of it, so he knows what its like to be labeled as a freak... when you're really this amazing person underneath."

"Yeah... you know, I told you you'd meet some outcast that'd love to be your friend."

"I guess you did, didn't you."

"Yep, but who cares what the dear old brother thinks." he tickles her side teasingly.

"Stop, stop," she tries to contain her laughter, "we're gonna wake up Uncle Wayne. We've gotta be quiet."

"Not until you say it." Eddie begins again

"Okay, okay, I surrender."

"Thank you, that wasn't so hard."

"Neither are you lately. Guess you're not a ladies man anymore."

"I'm gonna let that slide because I love you,"

"You just don't want me to wake Uncle Wayne cause he likes me more."

"And," he continues over her as he smiles widely at his little sister, "I'm really glad that you found someone else to talk to..."

"Thanks, bro."

"... because you've really been talking my ear off and I didn't wanna have to break the news to you."

"I spoke to soon." Angie rolls her eyes as she lays into bed.

"Goodnight, Ange."

"Goodnight, Eddie."

[?]

"So," Jonathon pulls up to Angie's side whispering, "Nancy is gonna meet us in the parking lot to talk about what happened last night because Steve overdramatically explained it. But, Steve really seems to care about her so we're gonna tell Nance that he asked us to take her home."

"So Tommy doesn't get a chance to." she mumbles, remembering her conversation with Harrington, "Wait, you want us to lie to her, so she can get back together with Harrington?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"But she obviously doesn't love him back. I mean, that's what she told him at the party."

"That doesn't count, okay?" he defends Nancy immediately which catches Angie's attention, "she was drunk."

"Drunken words are just sober thoughts. She meant what she said. Her sober self was just too scared to say it."

They head out into the sunlight of the parking lot, "From the looks of it, it seems that she's into you."

"What? No she's not." Jonathon denies shoving her shoulder.

"Harrington thinks so and I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with him. And from the looks of it, you like her too." Angie announces, shoving her hands into the pockets of her bomber jacket.