Chapter 10

Since Angie is sleeping on the couch, the rest of the party decides to go out to the shed and help with disguising it. The group is quick-like with placing the layers of duct tape, tarps, and cardboard. 

Once Hopper deems the room good enough, he dismisses the rest of the group back to the house. That is with the exception of Joyce, Mike, and Jonathon.

With their heads hung low, the group almost doesn't notice Angie standing at the back door to greet them.

"So," she finishes rebraiding her hair, "what have you guys been up to?"

"Making the shed look unrecognizable." Dustin responds bluntly, moving past her without reaching her eyes.

"O... kay?" She responds, tilting her head in confusion. 

As the group begins to file back inside, Angie decides to reclaim her spot on the couch. She uses the wall for support as she limps along until Lucas takes the liberty of helping her to her destination.

"Thanks,"

"You're welcome," he mumbles, going to sit in the hallway.

She smiles at the action, knowing he's going to comfort Max whilst they wait.

"Hey, you're awake." Steve greets her, finally returning a while after the rest of the group, "How are you feeling?"

"Shitty," she laughs genuinely as she makes room for Steve to sit on the other end of the couch.

"Yeah, yeah," Steve joins her, feeling good laughing during such a serious situation, "Makes sense."

"Yeah, I'm not really sure why though." Angie lies jokingly, "I haven't done anything to injure myself."

"No?" he rests his head against his elbow on the back of the couch, pretending to be intrigued.

"No. It's just totally bizarre."

"It seems like it." he shake his head as she begins laughing at the banter, which unexpectedly, makes him smile and chuckle along with her.

"Really, though." she lets her laughter die down, "My leg hurts like a bitch."

"I'd bet." he places a pillow back under her leg to help her adjust to being back on the couch, "You took quite a hit, today."

"Honestly, I thought it was all a dream until I got up from the couch a little too fast... I really wished it was all a dream." she admits quietly.

"Yeah... This isn't exactly a normal way to spend your weekend."

"You can say that again."

"What's craziest to me is the fact that I don't even remember exactly how I ended up in this mess. It's like I helped a random kid escape a librarian," she gasps into a small laugh of disbelief, "and then blinked and ended up here: joking on a couch alongside Steve "The Hair" Harrington during a fight against monsters from a parallel world of Hawkins."

"Yeah... You know, I couldn't believe it either when a similar thing happened last year. I'm still not quite sure if it happened or if it was all some crazy dream. But on days like today, it hits me- and I'm talking hard, like a fucking truck- that it wasn't a dream.  My life is just-"

Suddenly, the lights begin to flicker harshly. Everyone is aware of what the flickering could mean, so they gather at the window, Angie hobbling behind them.

"What do you think is happening in there?" Max questions, barely peeking over the taller teens.

"I don't know," Nancy mumbles first, the lights flickering back to normal, "but apparently its... fine now."