Chapter 11

The party joins together once again as Joyce shows Eleven the message Will left for them.

"You've opened this gate before, right?"

"Yes."

"Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?"

She takes a deep breath as a response.

"I know that we're short on time," Angie mumbles, gathering everyone's attention, "but we should let her think on this... She's just a kid."

"No. I'm in."

[?]

"It's not like it was before. It's grown." Hopper explains, everyone gathered around the table, "A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. That place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrects quietly.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, Demo-dogs. Like Demogorgon and dogs. You put them together and it sounds kinda badass-"

"How is this important right now?"

"Really not the time, Dustin." Angie sighs, facepalming briefly.

"It's not. I'm sorry."

"I can do it." Eleven states.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper instantly shuts down the idea.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it."

"Even if El can, there's still a problem." Mike announces, "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point."

"It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."

"It's attached to Will." Angie immediately catches on.

"Exactly... Will's a part of that army."

"So, closing the gate will kill him."

The party follows Joyce to Will's room as she seems to have sparked an idea.

"He likes it cold."

"What?"

"It's what Will kept saying to me. He likes it cold." Joyce slams the window shut, "We keep giving it what it wants."

"If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then..."

"We make it hot." Angie states, placing her shoulder against the doorway, "Make the host inhabitable."

"We have to burn it out of him." Joyce seethes.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time."

"Yeah, somewhere far away."

"What about that cabin you've got in the middle of the woods?" Angie suggests shrugging.

"W-What? How do you know about that?" Hopper sits up on edge.

Angie immediately feels uneasy with his stare on her, "I-It's in your police file." she mumbles.

"You've- you've looked at my police file?"

"I got... bored one time when you left me in your office alone, so you could go... hassle Callahan about something."

"Angie, why would you-"

"You know better than to leave me unsupervised." she defends, her voice getting high as if talking to a fuming father figure, "You know I can't help myself."