Chapter 17

"Steve, look out! Behind you!"

The hidden dog leaps from the pile of scrap...

"Steve!" Angie jumps between them, swinging the bat with enough power that it knocks the dog back into the pile, rendering it unconscious, "Watch out!"

"Go back to the kids!"

"I'm not leaving you out here." she replies instantly.

A demo-dog, once knocked unconscious by Angie, slowly makes his way out of the pile of scraps, stealthily getting ready for revenge.

"I'll be fine-" she stops, letting out a bone-chilling scream as the hidden dog latches onto her thigh.

Steve stops in his tracks, frozen in fear.

"Holy shit!" she grimaced in pain as the blood pours from the wound, "I'm gonna fucking die out here!"

The kids scream at Steve to make an action towards Angie, to save her. Instead, he scrambles towards the bus.

"Don't leave me out here! Help me!"

He halts, turning towards her with an angered expression. It's as if the rest of the world stops around them.

"Why would I help you? You're a freak!" he seethes before entering the bus to safety.

The dogs pounce on her one by one as her entire body erupts into pain, their teeth sinking in.

"Help me! Don't leave me here please! Please! Please help me!" she pleas as her cries ring out.

"Angie! Angie!"

A familiar voice calls out to her, but she can't focus on anything besides the intense agony.

"Wake up! Angie!"

"It hurts!" she screams as she tries to free herself.

"You're scaring me, Angie! Please!"

"H-help me!"

"I'm trying! Angie, please! Just wake up!"

She searches for the owner of such a familiar voice-

Angie throws herself up from her sleeping position, immediately grabbing her head. Her concussion fighting her instinct to run.

Her cheeks are stained with tear streaks.

"Oh my God, Ange. You gave me a heart attack. I thought you were dying or something." Eddie let's out a sigh of relief as her eyes open.

"What?" Her voice is raw from screaming.

"You were screaming bloody murder. You kept begging for help, but you were asleep." That's when she noticed the few tears that had fallen upon his cheek bones, "I couldn't get to you... What happened?"

"Nothing," she lies, "It was just a bad dream. I'm sorry that I woke you."

"Don't worry about me. It's okay. Are you sure it was just a dream? It was more like a traumatic memor-"

"Trust me, Ed. I'm completely fine. It was just a bad dream."

"O-Okay, if you say so... Can I get you some water or something?" he questions, rubbing circles on her back.

Angie glances at her clock, it's 5:47.

"No, that's alright. It's late enough for me to just get up, anyway." she makes sure to flash him a convincing smile, so he'll leave the subject alone- not ask questions.

Angelica "Freak Two" Munsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें