Chapter 64

Angie struts through the hallway, textbooks in hand as the pep rally comes to a close.

She rubs a hand through her ponytail. It was torture listening to Jason give a speech about those they lost as if he actually cared. It made her sick to her stomach.

Taking a deep breath, she opens her locker. She grins, spotting the photo booth ticket with pictures of her and Steve taped to the door.

Exchanging her books, Angie closes the door and heads toward her next class. She jumps back a little, not expecting to see Dustin and Mike's faces when she does so.

"Hey, guys." She mutters, her books now tight to her chest.

"We have a favor to ask." Dustin states firmly.

Angie nods, "Skipping pleasantries, got it." She mumbles, "What is it?"

"We need you to try and get Eddie to move the campaign tonight."

Angie hisses, shaking her head, "You guys know how Eddie is about his campaigns."

"Yeah, but you're his sister." Mike argues, "That has to count for something."

She sighs, "Why don't you guys just ask him?"

"Us?" Dustin scoffs, "Talk to Eddie? He'll eat us alive."

Angie coughs, covering up her laughter, "He's really not that bad."

"Maybe to you." Mike whines.

They stare at her, pleading.

She fiddles Steve's ring upon her finger, "Ugh, fine," She gives in, "but I'm not promising anything."

"Yes!" They exclaim.

"Thank you so much." Dustin smiles widely.

"Yeah, yeah." She shakes them off, "I've got to go. I'm gonna be late for Government."

Angie shifts quickly through the hallway, trying to beat the bell.

She turns a tight corner, not seeing someone on the other side. They collide, Angie's books spilling across the floor.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry." Angie begins, picking up her textbooks.

The other person doesn't respond, clearly in their own world.

Angie looks up at the lack of response, spotting poor Chrissy Cunningham. She looks extremely shaken.

"Are you alright?" She asks, inching closer, "Chrissy?" She questions hesitantly, her gaze not leaving her.

Angie reaches out, placing a comforting hand on Chrissy's arm. The moment her hand collides, Chrissy jumps back.

"Are you alright?" Angie repeats as Chrissy shakes her head, rapidly checking her surroundings.

"Hm?" She hums, "Yeah, I'm fine." She mutters, not waiting for Angie to ask a third time.

"Are you sure?" She inspects the blonde, "You seemed pretty out of it."

"Yeah, I'm sure." She smiles, not really meeting her eyes, "I was up late studying for the Government test."

Angie's features contort in confusion, "Chrissy, that test was last week."

She laughs uncomfortably, "Right, right." She clears her throat, "Chemistry, I mean."

They didn't have a Chemistry test today or even this week.

Angie smiles fakely, laughing along with her, "Of course. I must've forgotten about that."

"Yeah," Chrissy nods, "Well, I better get going."