Once Upon A Stranger "Islami...

By InHerMind09

Between fairy tale and reality, hopes and disappointments; dreams and emptiness comes the story of a young wo... More

Chapter 01 : The Beginning
Chapter 02: The Wind of Change
Chapter 03 : HOpE for The HOpeless
Chapter 04 : Nothing Is EVer PErfect
Chapter 05 : SurpriSingly Good
Chapter 06 : pArty Time
Chapter 07: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 08 : To BreAk or To Give A chAnce ??
Chapter 09 : WeAk but Not DefeAted
Chapter 11 : A Crying sky
Chapter 12 : Cross Roads
Chapter 13: I'm No GentleMan but A beast
Chapter 14 : A NIGHT TO ReMeMBeR
Chapter 15 : A strAnge CoinCidenCe
Chapter 16 : Home Sweet Home
Chapter 17: His World
Chapter 18: There Comes A time For GoodBye
Chapter 19: First Ladies Weekend Part 1 : A welcome Gift
Chapter 20 : First Ladies Weekend Part2 : Decisions Time
Chapter 21: The SoOner The Better
Chapter 22 : Another Chance
Chapter 23 : A Night at The TheaTer "My NAme is CoseTTE "
Chapter 24: Snow White
Chapter 25 : And I found a fRiend in YoU
Author Note
Chapter 26 : The beginning of my Holiday

Chapter 10 : The First Step

400 31 5
By InHerMind09

Two weeks later

It was a quiet morning, many had left the office and had to work outside as for the ones left, they were all busy staring at their screen, trying to finish what must be done, that of course include me, I stared on the façade I draw for a couple of minutes, there is definitely something missing in it, I don't know what but it gave me that feeling, yet there is nothing I can do, this project was designed by Sarah, anything I would say won't matter, she doesn't listen to anyone and she acts as she knows everything, as if everything she does is perfect which is not always the case, I would say it's a little bit arrogant from her. Anyway who cares, I will leave it as she gave me, I don't want any trouble with her or anyone else.

After saving the file in my computer, I heard my phone vibrate, I checked to find a text from Clara, calling me to her office, this must be related to the university, she has been occupied with it lately, explained to me how it will be and what she needs to inscript me, the last days have been quiet busy, of course if anyone is wondering; I didn't change my mind as Yousef said, in fact I wasn't even disappointed of his reaction at all, by now, I'm used to it, it's not new or strange and I knew at some point he will ruin the dinner, I was only upset about what he said, he made it look like a conspiracy plan and I'm some sort of victim, which is not true, I'm sure of what I'm doing and even more certain that Mr. Watson doesn't have in his mind anything of what he said, it wouldn't make sense because he was angry and disappointed of me that day, he have no personal interest in me, and why would he ? I'm just a normal Muslim girl, I have no fantasy look, there are many smarts and talented people here, I chased this idea from my head quickly.

I stood in front of Clara's desk, looking at her perfect ginger curls, it definitely fit her.

-I like your hair this way, it looks better on you, I stated.

She frowned, then looked at me for the first time since I came:

-Oh, I didn't you see when you come, sit down Rahaf.

I sit in front of her smiling, waiting to find out what she needs from me today.

-There are some paper you need to sign and take them by yourself, they may need you there to sign something.

-Okay, I responded not knowing if this is a good thing or not.

-You will go after lunch, she continued , the driver will take you.

Then she explained to me everything I needed to know, where to go and what to say, she didn't forget any detail which is probably one of the million reasons I like her and why she is the boss girl; she takes care of everything, never neglect a thing and explain in a very detailed way so no one will be confuse, once she had finished I thanked her for her help she replayed :

-If you need anything while you're there, don't hesitate to call me, okay ?

-Sure thing. I smiled at her

-All right, I will see you tomorrow then, Good luck !

-Thank you. I said , getting ready to leave, I took the file and turned to leave then her voice stopped me

-By the way, you're sure my hair looks good like this ? She asked , looking uncertain

-Yes, I like it, why are you asking ? Who said it's not ?

She sighed, then replied : Mr. Watson thinks it's too much curly, he said a bit of waves would have been fine.

I rolled my eyes not believing what I just heard, then said : It's none of his business, does he think he's a hair stylist too ? !! I like it this way and you shouldn't bother yourself with what he say or think.

-Alright, Calm down Rahaf, she looked at me confused at my eager reaction.

I left back to my office, it's already noon, I took my handbag to leave for lunch, I met on my way out, other girls who work with me leaving for lunch, one of them invited me to go with them, I would accept but I don't know what will they order and if I can eat it beside one of them didn't seem so happy with the invitation so I declined nicely saying perhaps another time.

Since I received the scholarship , I felt like the eyes were on me, some people would look at me angrily , hatefully , others disgust as if I did something wrong, others are nicer and more pleasant yet I couldn't trust them at all, how many haters have hid their real feelings behind their fake smiles, the one who didn't change the way she treat me and look at me is Clara, perhaps there are others that I don't know well so I wasn't able to notice.

After taking lunch alone, I went back to the office to find the car waiting for me downstairs, good thing I have brought me with the file so I didn't have to go inside and up, the driver opened the door and I sit in the back seat for the first time in this car, it felt a little bit weird , strange if I can say it.

I looked through the window all the way looking at the different streets, buildings and even people, everything seemed to go fast expect me, I was the only one feeling like my life is moving very slowly, which is a good thing since it allow me to enjoy every moment , I remained quiet during the way; they were nothing in particular I want or thought we could talk about, a part of me didn't want to and he didn't try to make a conversation neither.

-Here we are Miss.

I sighed, then corrected him : "It's actually Mrs."

Don't know why people keep calling me miss, I mean , do I look so young or what is it ? !!

-" Sorry madam", he apologized, then continued :" Can you leave alone when you finished or do you need me to take you back ? "

-"It's fine, I will take a cab or something ," I answered .

-"All right then, I will give you my number in case you change your mind."

-"Okay". I register his phone number in my cellphone then I moved closer to the door to leave but before I do he said :

-"Mr. Watson won't be happy if he finds out that I didn't bring you back even though Mrs. Brown didn't ask me to and haven't mentioned it".

-"O. Oh', I said, surprised.

-"I would have come back to take you, but I'm not sure if I will be free when you finished". He explained, seeming honest and truly sorry, he was worried about Mr. Watson reaction. I was surprised to find out that he has this effect on everyone who works for him, constantly worry to displease him.

-"Don't worry, I understand". I said, trying to comfort him, then added quietly mumbling : " He wouldn't find out anyway, I mean , who would tell him, surely not me".

I left the car with a trembling heart, mixed of feelings were all around me, excitement; happiness when I saw the university for the first time, the first step; the second one hold fears, worry of what's coming next, will I be good enough ? Will I make it ?

Clara told me before that everyone who were chosen had good grades, that he wouldn't accept less of them and would be disappointed which would lead to take back the scholarship, yet no one has done that and I don't want to be the one who break that rule.

When I asked her why, she said, because they represent the company and he wants it to be well represented, he doesn't accept for anyone to destroy it image, she added that students and even teachers would know that I work for BAA and they would expect from me to be great, in the end of her answer; she said that I'm the only foreign one, certainly the only Arabic Muslim and surely the only new employer that had been chosen so I must feel like I'm very special.

I went straight to the administration, post the file and sign where it needed as Clara explained to me, it was all simple and clear, I didn't need to call and ask her about anything.

Once I finished, I went out and took a seat, It is still early and I don't have to come back to work so I want to profit my free time to explore the university or at least the outside and took time to know it better. I looked around trying to know and remember all the things, I was astonished, fascinated, it looks so great, so beautiful whether in the inside or the outside, I couldn't help myself not to admire it, all my fears, worry had faded away when I sit there, only excitement and happiness were left, I couldn't believe that I'm sitting here and in a few weeks I will be studying here.

After a while, a group of girls approaches me, two come and sit next to me, others in front of me, I didn't look at them while they were sitting and said to myself they may just want to sit here, then one of them said smiling :

-Hey

I looked at her for the first time, she sits in front of me with her short skirt and white shirt still smiling I replied with a wide smile : Hi.

I heard another voice, this time it was the one next to me, she asked well more like stated :

-You're the one from BAA office, are not you ?

I nodded quickly feeling uncomfortable, this is the first I come here, so how did they know who I am and where I work , this is fast, Woow ! They should consider changing career and became a spy.

-So tell me, how it's working for him ?

Oh, no, another unwanted question, I wanted to leave, but it would be rude of me to just walk away so I answered shortly thinking maybe they will just leave me alone.

-It's okay.

-Oh, Just okay, it must be more than that! One of them exclaim, looking not satisfied with my answer.

Then the first girl who saluted me questioned me :

-And how is it between you two ? I mean there must be something between you two which made him choose you.

-How is he ? Another one asked

I rolled my eyes not believing what I just heard, this is the last thing I thought I will listen to, what's the deal with these girls, why would they say this !

Another one said loudly after hearing no answer from me : oh ! C'mon !! Tell us anything, any detail about him, don't be so selfish and share.

Woow !! This is just perfect ! Haven't they seen the engagement ring I have in my finger or they don't care about it, why would they assume I would do such a thing or there is something between us. Oh My! Just the thought of it is unbearable to me, I didn't like him and I still don't, beside am I not good enough to be chosen or there must be a reason!!These girls made me so furious, I took my handbag and stood, before I leave , I narrowed the first girl then said in a firm voice:

-I'M MARRIED AND EVEN I WASN'T, THEY WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING BETWEEN ME AND MR. WATSON, I HOPE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR.

I left the place, called a cab and hoped to reach home quickly, I was too chocked and angry about what happened and just wanted to lay down in my bed or take a shower to relax.

When I arrived home, my rage turned to sadness, I could hardly stop myself from crying, no one ever said such a thing to me, no one ever treated me this way, I'm not the kind of person who would be with someone just to receive some advantages, I'm not that kind of person and they treated me as I was, it was disrespectful to me and it hurts me so much to be taken this way, they didn't even ask they assume as if they're sure of it.

What made me worse was the thought that if it's someone else, someone like Sarah, they wouldn't dare and come, they wouldn't ask her because they know she will cause them trouble, or at least she will leave them by their first question but they saw me, a foreign girl, from a different religion, culture, sitting alone and seems so fragile and weak, they though that for sure I will answer them and get along with them or run quickly crying , which I haven't done, thanks to Allah, I had managed to handle it, yet it still made me feel bad.

Deciding to change that, I went to the bathroom to take a shower, then I prayed and took a nap, once I was awake, I felt a bit better, but not that good, I still can't forget it, I took my phone and decided to call Clara to tell her what happened, she picked up at third ring, I told her what happened at the university since I arrived until the scene , she didn't seem surprised at all as if it's the most ordinary thing that happened or maybe she was waiting for it to happen :

-"You don't seem very surprised Clara."

-"Yes, I actually knew it will happen , just didn't thought this fast."

-"What ? Why haven't you warned me and how did you know ?" I asked a bit furious and alarmed.

-"Let's say I have been in similar positions couple of times, did you forget that I'm the boss girl ?" She smirked .

-"Yeah, of course, yet you seem to handle it very well, no one ever dares to bother you. "I sighed.

-"That hasn't been always like this, at least not when I begin, let me tell you."

-"Uhmm, go ahead please "

-"Our colleagues are divided into three groups, first one are the ones who don't like me, some because they're jealous, they think I know more about him and I'm closer to him and I see him more often than them, or because they think I'm just a stupid secretary and they're much better and smarter than me.."

-"And how do you deal with them ?" I cut her with my question.

-"It's simple, they know they can't see him without passing by me first and they know been grossly wont make it easy for them so they act very nicely and even smile to me, fakes smile of course", she laughed a short one.

-"That's interesting , what about the second group ? "

-"Well, this one really annoy me, it's similar to what happened to you today, they ask all types of questions and try to be and look nice, I don't think they are, I think they're rude, some tried to be my friends just to know things about him, can you believe that ?

-Oh, yes, I do, unfortunately, you must have been choked back then .

-I was, when all the conversation is about him, I know they were interested only in him so I ignored them, I don't give people from this group any face, they certainly deserve it.

-Weren't you upset ? I cut her again

-Yes, for sure, that's normal, but don't let it get to you, it just how they're. Anyway, I will continue and don't cut me again.

-Sorry, go ahead, I apologized

-The last group is for the ones who only mind their own work which are sadly very few.

Suddenly, it comes to my mind that I work there too, so I questioned : -In which group do I belong ?

-Oo ! Rahaf, haven't I asked to not cut me again ? !!

I was going to apologize, then I said to myself, it's a bad idea to stop her again.

-You don't belong to any group.

-Really ! So I make my own group ! Woow ! That's fantastic ! I must be very special !! Then we both giggles for a couple of minutes until I said :

-So he is this famous ?

-Yeah, his projects and works are successful, he even won a couple of awards, and one last thing, he teaches there at the university, in case you see him there you know why.

I thought to myself that this is really much, I mean he is still young to obtain all this, must be super clever and he worked so hard to reach where he is.

-Okay, thank you Clara.

-Anytime sweety.

And with that I hung out.

Salam my dearest. 

I'm very sorry to take this time to upload, I know this chapter doesn't contain much, just a fill, don't worry a lot will happen in the close future so be patient.

Thank you so much for reading it,  and being very patient, I can hardly find time to write.

I'm wishing you all A very Happy And Blessed Ramadan !! 

Huggies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 133K 53
[My stories do NOT represent Islam, they represent most Muslims nowadays] ~~~~ "So I can't be this close to you?" Brody softly asked, pretending he d...
189K 7.3K 60
"You are my most beautiful reality, the one I dreamed of every night and yet it wasn't written for me." A Y E S H A , Living a pretty simple life, s...
77.6K 3.8K 28
(Unwanted Series#4) (Sequel to HSB & HAB) -"She has my heart. Its all up to her either cherish it or throw it."- - - - "Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum...
602K 32.1K 54
๐Ÿ’žWinner of Infinity Awards 2018๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ’ž Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...