western nights ( shane walsh )

Autorstwa wstrnflies

there is beauty and disappointment in betrayal - shane walsh x fem! oc Więcej

im never gonna leave you, baby.
1.01 ; the words of disaster
1.02 ; away with the lake
1.03 ; moment of reality
1.04 ; outer city
1.05 ; comfortability
1.06 ; lonely nights
1.07 ; haunting
1.08 ; nineteen twenty-two
1.09 ; unknown static
1.10 ; blurred lines
1.11 ; world's lie
1.12 ; recollection
1.13 ; away from the city
1.14 ; harsh reality
1.15 ; for to go
1.16 ; painting an image
1.17; sunburnt
1.17; stop...
1.18; forgetting nightmares
1.19; pawn hit
1.21; one man left behind
1.22 ; buzzkill
1.23 ; envy
1.24 ; lockdown
1.25 ; repetitive mistakes
2.01 ; holding moments
2.02 ; precious loss
2.03 ; unspoken
2.04 ; church bells
2.05 ; last signal
2.06 ; breaking shot
2.07 ; sanity
2.08 ; later than never
2.09 ; ungainly cycle
2.10 ; feminine hygiene
2.11 ; nineteen...twenty-two
2.12 ; wrong call
2.13 ; secrets
2.14 ; gut instinct
2.15 ; decision
2.16 ; broken shed
2.17 ; warnings
2.18 ; twisting ways
2.19 ; growing cold
2.20 ; lori's shadow
2.21 ; the scare
2.22 ; dangerous
2.23 ; crickets
2.24 ; judge
2.25 ; jury
2.26 ; excustioner
2.27 ; his power
2.28 ; death comes guilt
2.29 ; life...death
2.30 ; verble fire

1.20; point blank bullet

617 27 0
Autorstwa wstrnflies

                                                               Dale crouched down beside Natalie, his weathered face etched with concern as he handed her a bottle of water. She declined, noting, "Dale, that's my fifth water—don't waste the group's water on me." Natalie's voice was heavy with humidity, sweat glistening on her forehead. She ducked down, handing him the nearly empty water can.

"Maybe one beer every celebration, yeah," Dale wisely suggested, his eyes surveying the surroundings. He held a shotgun in his hand, preparing to go on a sight watch with Shane and Rick. "You think we should go to the C.D.C?"

"No one cares what I think, do they?" A wry smirk played on Natalie's lips, a memory of Shane walking away from her during a similar conversation flashing through her mind.

Dale shook his head, locking eyes with her. "That is not true," he spoke softly. "Your words are just as important as Rick's or hell, even Daryl's... Now, what do you think?"

"Everyone should trust their guts," Natalie declared, looking up and speaking her truth. "We're all listening to everyone else, but what ourselves are saying... Andrea is the only one who did it when her gut told her not to leave her sister's side, knowing that she was going to turn into a walker. Someone like Daryl was going to put her out of her misery, and she listened."

Natalie watched as the elder man absorbed every word, taking it in. "Even though Fort Bedding is not in our reach, the C.D.C. is closer to the storm."

"Agreed. You should speak out more," Dale encouraged, a small smile forming on his lips as he extended the water can towards her once more. "And drink more before I return." The young woman smiled, shaking her head as she listened to him, throwing her head back and finishing the water inside the can.

Dale took a moment to stand up from the log, his eyes catching the necklace around Natalie's neck. He noticed that Shane hadn't worn his '22 necklace today. Rumours had circulated, but Dale had only heard them when Jim was in a sun haze, unsure if they were true.

Carl had walked over joining Natalie as Dale walked away doing a double take in her direction. "You're not going to drown yourself with that water." Her brother had joked towards her and she was shocked this joke was coming from someone his age. 

"Not yet, wait until Dale's gone" Her eyebrows raised playfully. Carl had laughed joining next to her and playing with one of the tin cans that were on the logs. 

As the two of them were sitting with each other. It was obvious that Carl was watching the girl from his side eye. One that he had done because of their dad. "Hey, Cassie is safe now, Don't worry about her." Knowing this was the reason why Carl was checking in on her. 

"She is?" A hum came out of Natalie's mouth ruffling the hair of Carl as the body cringed away. 

𓇻

The woods were alive with rustling leaves as Rick and Shane patrolled the area, their eyes scanning for any signs of walkers. Shane, agitated and frustrated, began venting his concerns about their next move.

"Tell you what, man, these people, they're not convinced. You know? You head to the C.D.C., you might be on your own. You gotta consider whether you want to put Nat, Lori, and Carl in that kind of spot," Shane ranted, the tension between them palpable in the cool air.

Rick turned around, holding his shotgun and wiping his mouth. "I got to do what's best for my family."

"Best for your family? What's that? Exposing them to all kinds of risks?" Shane scoffed, shaking his head, circling Rick like a predator closing in on its prey.

"As opposed to what? Crossing 100 miles of hostile territory?" Rick retorted, turning to face Shane and pointing into the distance. "If we're looking for a lifeline, I say swim toward the closest ship, not further out to sea." Rick took a deep breath before striding into the distance. "Why can't you back me up?"

"Look, I want to. It's just... I don't see it," Shane responded his mind briefly wandering to the space between him and Natalie and the freedom from worry.

Rick walked forward. "If it was your family, you'd feel differently."

Shane's eyes widened, feeling like a gun was pointed at his chest. "What did you say to me?" he raised his voice, angered by the implication that he hadn't done everything to protect his own family, especially Natalie. "I kept them safe, man! I looked after them like they were my own! That's what I did!"

Rick, realizing the impact of his words, attempted to backtrack. "I didn't mean it that way."

"How'd you mean it? Go on, man, how'd you mean it?" Shane challenged, teeth clenched, ready for a confrontation.

As tensions escalated, Rick turned his back to Shane, investigating a noise. Shane's anger peaked. He slowly raised his rifle, aiming it at Rick. Short, harsh breaths escaped him as he contemplated the possibility of ending Rick's life, imagining a life where he could assume a leadership role in the group.

With a huff, he dropped the gun, realizing Dale had been watching the entire time. "Jesus," Dale muttered, locking eyes with Shane. The two men stood in silence, an unspoken tension hanging in the air.

"I know," Shane admitted, nervously adjusting his fingers on the gun. "Gonna have to start wearing reflective vests out here," he quipped with a smirk, attempting to diffuse the tension.

Dale remained silent, eyeing Shane suspiciously, aware of the complexities within the group, especially considering the recent revelation about Shane and Rick's daughter. "Seriously," Dale responded, his tone unchanged as he looked off at Rick. "Come on, man!" Rick signalled that he was coming, prompting Shane to put on his hat. "Let's go, man, nothing out here."

As Shane walked away, he could still feel Dale's glare burning into the back of his head, a testament to the strained dynamics within the group.

𓇻

In the makeshift camp, Natalie stood beside Glenn, her arms tightly crossed over her chest, a contemplative expression etched on her face. The atmosphere was thick with a sense of unease, as the group grappled with the decision on whether to head to the C.D.C.

Lori, a vigilant mother, intermittently shifted her gaze from her task to glance in Natalie's direction. With a knife in one hand and a piece of wood in the other, she diligently crafted a stake, ensuring its sharpness with methodical precision. Her eyes, however, kept drifting toward Natalie, her concern evident.

The ambient sounds of the post-apocalyptic world surrounded them—the distant files around. Along with the rustle of leaves. Tension lingered in the air, each member of the group wrestling with their thoughts and fears as they faced an uncertain future.

Natalie, despite her stoic exterior, couldn't escape the weight of the decision looming over them. 

Her gaze occasionally met Glenn's, both silently acknowledging the gravity of the situation. The creases on her forehead betrayed the internal conflict as she contemplated the potential risks and sacrifices that lay ahead.

Meanwhile, Lori continued honing the stake, her movements deliberate and focused. Her maternal instincts drove her to keep a watchful eye on Natalie. The rhythmic sound of the knife against wood mirrored the rhythmic uncertainty that defined their existence.

In this moment of quiet tension, the group's fate hung in the balance, and each member grappled with their role in a world where survival meant more than mere existence. "Andrea's going to sleep all night," He pointed out as the two glazed at the women sleeping on top of a sleeping back not wanting to leave anyone's sight. "What time do you think we are going to the C.D.C?"

"You're open to go?" Natalie raised her eyebrows shocked to be hearing someone say that. 

Glenn shrugged his shoulder shifting down on his feet. "We're running low on materials."

The breaking of a twig gained both of the young adult's attention. "And if the bodies come back up it would be better not to be here." The fannel Ethan was wearing her crossed when he folded his arms together. 

"T-That too..." Glenn agreed for the first time. 

From the distance, Shane, Rick and Dale followed closely behind. Since the two men had come back everyone went silent with it obvious Shane wanted to say something to the group. 

"I've been thinking about Rick's plan. Now look, there are no... There are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that." Shane had paused sitting in front of the whole group. "I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning."

Tracing his eyes around everyone who nodded their heads. Natalie looked at Shane wondering what Rick said to change his mind. The older man had turned his head matching Natalie's eyes. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

17.1K 501 9
A few years from not having communication with each other, Adelaide Walsh was asked by her older brother to visit King County to fix their relationsh...
49.4K 716 9
All the fear, and the fire of the end of the world... G. RHEE X OC
228K 7.2K 65
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞�...
5.6K 240 9
I am not a good person. Seasons one - six Daryl Dixon x Fem!oc © angsteens, 2022