The lost Targaryen

By okayhugs

(EDITING) A long long time ago there was a Targaryen girl . Her name was Maerya Targaryen, one night she went... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapters 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
The end is a beginning

Chapter 19

22 4 0
By okayhugs

Maerya Targaryen

After traveling for a considerable period, they finally reached Meereen. The journey had taken some time, and Maerya had managed to persuade Lord Varys to accompany her.
As they arrived at the gates of Meereen, the city loomed before them, its ancient walls and towering structures a testament to its rich history and culture.

Maerya's eyes fixed upon the formidable stone pyramid that loomed before her. This was the place where the Dragon Queen, Daenerys Targaryen, supposedly rested.

Maerya furrowed her brows as she considered the question, her gaze flitting towards Lord Varys. "So how are we going to convince a Targaryen queen that I am family of hers?" she wondered aloud.

Lord Varys chuckled softly, a sly smile playing on his lips. "Your dragons," he echoed, his voice laced with amusement

Maerya's brow furrowed further as she took in Lord Varys' words. "I am not going to give her my dragons," she asserted firmly, her tone brooking no room for argument. Lord Varys raised an eyebrow at her adamant response. "I didn't mean that," he clarified, a smirk playing on his lips. "I meant that the mere sight of you, a Valyrian with dragons, will be enough to prove your claim to Daenerys Targaryen"He continued"Your connection to the blood of Old Valyria will be enough proof for the dragon queen"

"Well, it does not matter," Lord Varys chimed, a hint of satisfaction in his voice. "We're going to see her in an hour." Maerya's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, really?" she gasped, her astonishment evident.

Lord Varys nodded in confirmation, "yes," he repeated. Maerya's thoughts turned to her beloved dragons, and a sense of urgency overtook her. "Well, I am going to find my dragons," she declared, already picturing the magnificent creatures soaring through the skies. "They might be flying around somewhere," she added, her voice filled with determination.

Nyrax and Daegox, the two young dragons, had been playing together nearby. Maerya's voice broke through their fun-filled encounter as she addressed them "Okay, Nyrax and Daegox," Maerya instructed, her tone firm yet gentle. "Be nice to the dragons, Queen, or Daenerys, or whoever they are," she added. "Be nice," she repeated, emphasizing the importance of their behavior.

Nyrax tilted her head and let out a low growl, her expression somewhat defiant. Maerya observed her young dragon, a hint of irritation in her eyes "Yeah, not like that," Maerya clarified, a touch of impatience in her voice. "Nice, like I said," she reiterated, stressing the importance of their manners.

Nyrax laid down on the grass, seemingly content to rest. Maerya stood nearby, a troubled expression on her face as she pondered her next move "How am I gonna do this?" Maerya murmured to herself,

Daegox playfully nibbled on Nyrax's wing, drawing a low growl from her. Nyrax swatted at Daegox in response, their playful banter escalating momentarily. Maerya watched the interaction between the two dragons, a mixture of amusement and a hint of anxiety on her face.

Lord Varys' voice broke through the air, cutting through the scene of playful dragons. "It's time," he announced,  Maeroya nodded in response, her steps aligning with Lord Varys'. They walked side by side, their footsteps echoing softly against the stone floors.

Maeroya Targaryen and Lord Varys stood outside a door, their breaths bated as they prepared for the moment. Before them stood a group of Unsullied men, their expressions stoic and unwavering.

With a firm but composed demeanor, Maeroya turned to the Unsullied. "Stand guard," she instructed, her voice steady yet authoritative.

The Unsullied men looked at the dragons with a mixture of surprise and wariness "Don't worry" maerya  assured them, her tone gentle. "They do not bite"  Her voice held a hint of fondness as she referred to her dragons,

As the door creaked open, Maerya and Lord Varys stepped forward with a measured pace. Their steps echoed softly against the stone floor as they entered the room, A woman beside Daenerys, her voice filled with pride, introduced the young Targaryen queen.
"You see here Daenerys Stormborn," she declared, her words ringing throughout the room. "Breaker of chains, mother of dragons, of house Targaryen" before Varys could continue, he halted himself mid-sentence. "My queen," he said, his voice oozing with feigned deference. "I am Lord Varys. And this..." He gestured towards Maerya. "Is Maerya Targaryen. The eldest daughter of..." Again, he paused, leaving the sentence hanging in the air.

Maerya chuckled sarcastically at Varys' admission, her voice laced with playful reproach. "You don't even know my mother's name," she chided, amusement in her tone. "Shame on you, Lord Varys." Her gaze shifted towards Daenerys, her eyes narrowing slightly.

With a quick response, Maerya spoke confidently, her voice firm and proud. "Maerya Targaryen," she began, her chin held high. "Eldest daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen"
Daenerys' words rang out through the room, her voice tinged with a hint of disbelief. "My brother spoke a lot about the history of my house," she stated. "Maerya Targaryen is dead." Her gaze shifted towards Maerya, her

Maerya countered Daenerys' statement with a challenging question. "Then he must have told you the rumors of her still being alive?" she echoed, her voice steady but laced with a hint of defiance.

Daenerys fixed her gaze on Maerya, her expression a mixture of intrigue and skepticism. "So if you are the lost Targaryen," she said, her voice laced with doubt. "How can I know you are telling the truth?"

Lord Varys stepped forward, his voice filled with a mix of confidence and conviction. "I wanted to introduce you, Maerya Targaryen," he proclaimed loudly. The room fell silent as all eyes turned towards Maerya once again "I think she might could be of great help to you," Varys continued. "And be here safely, as King's Landing was not for her." His gaze shifted towards Maerya,

Daenerys' question hung in the air, the weight of her curiosity heavy in her voice. "Why was it not safe for her?" she repeated. Lord Varys chuckled briefly before responding, his tone slightly amused "Well," he began, pausing dramatically, "She did some things that the queen there does not appreciates." He gave a sidelong glance at Maerya, his eyes gleaming as if holding an unspoken secret.

Maerya's reply was quick and confident, her words dripping with sarcasm. "Stealing dragon eggs," she began, a hint of mockery in her tone. "Or maybe it is because I am a Targaryen"

Lord Varys gave Maerya a sly nudge to her shoulder, signalling for her to silence herself for the moment. She complied, a slight smirk playing at the corners of her lips as she fell quiet.

Daenerys' skepticism was evident in her expression and tone. "This does seem like an act to me," she stated, her voice laced with skepticism. Lord Varys, sensing the need to prove Maerya's identity, stepped forward. "Well," he began, "we can prove to you that it is not"

The room fell into a stunned silence as Maerya abruptly switched to High Valyrian. her words echoed in the air, their meaning only clear to those who understood the ancient language.
"Hen issa ānogar māzigon kivio prince se zȳhon jāhor sagon se vāedar hen suvion se perzys"

"That does not prove that you are family of mine," Daenerys repeated, her voice firm and determined. Maerya turned her gaze towards the door, a defiant glint in her eyes "You're right," she acknowledged. "But maybe this will prove it more." With those words,

As Maerya pushed open the door, all eyes were drawn to the magnificent scene that unfolded before them. Nyrax and Daegox, her loyal dragons, glided gracefully into the room, their presence filling the space with an air of majesty. Daenerys stood there, her eyes wide with surprise and awe, as she watched the dragons enter. Her disbelief was evident on her face, her initial skepticism slowly fading away as the reality of the situation began to sink in.

Maerya's voice rang out, commanding and confident, as she addressed her dragons. "Gīda ilagon, Nyrax se Daegox," she commanded, her words flowing effortlessly in High Valyrian.

Nyrax and Daegox, following Maerya's command, gracefully took flight, their wings beating powerfully as they moved towards her. They landed elegantly in front of her, their bodies settling down onto the floor with a gentle thump. They sat calmly, their eyes fixed on her, their scales glinting in the light.

Daenerys's voice was filled with admiration and wonder as she spoke. "Dragons," she repeated, her eyes wide with awe.

Lord Varys seized the moment, seeing an opening to convince Daenerys. "If you could give her a chance to prove to you that she's a true Targaryen," he said, his voice filled with persuasion. "It would be..." Daenerys interrupted, her gaze still fixed on the dragons. "I believe her," she admitted, her voice slightly softer

Daenerys' eyes softened, a hint of understanding and compassion evident in her tone. She turned her gaze towards Lord Varys, her voice resolute. "You will have a safe place here in Meereen," she said. Lord Varys nodded, acknowledging her words. "My queen," he began, his expression serious. "Only for Maerya Targaryen, I will be leaving soon to find a friend that I want to introduce to you as well." He paused With a smile, Daenerys nodded and responded. "Well then," she said. "After you return, you will be granted a place in Meereen and to follow the path of being a queen" Lord Varys expressed his gratitude. "Thank you," he said, his eyes filled with appreciation.

Maerya observed as Nyrax and Daegox's interaction, a small smile playing on her lips as she witnessed the playful nibble. She reached out to pet Daegox affectionately, calming him down.

"I want to speak with maerya Targaryen alone" Lord Varys bowed his head respectfully towards Daenerys. "Of course, my queen," he answered. "As you wish" The room fell silent as the other figures departed, leaving only Daenerys Targaryen and Maerya Targaryen remaining in the room

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 18.4K 40
Alicent meets a woman that could save her from the life she never wanted. But will this mystery woman be able to keep up with their ruse or will the...
31.6K 1.2K 49
Stelsa, the girl crafted from the broken leftovers from the Gods, is far from the expectations of a normal lady. Her father, Aaeron Meryls, and her u...
62K 1.1K 24
YN Black is sent to the world of Game of Thrones one year before season one started. She arrived in the Stark house, and was accepted and brought in...
195K 5.8K 30
As ward of the Queen, Camilla Tully was raised alongside the Princess, Rhaenyra, and the Hand of the King's daughter, Alicent. The three were rarely...