Her Redemption

By hArl3writess

Katherine is a cunning girl who uses her charm and wit to manipulate those around her, all in pursuit of powe... More

aesthetics & A/N
1 | Pilot
2 | Twin
3 | Truama
4 | New girl
5 | Threats
6 | Playing boys
7 | The incident
8 | Cravings
9 | Brutal honesty
10 | Are you threatening me?
11 | The tape
12 | Denial
13 | Limits
14 | Murder
15 | Car drive
17 | The truth
18 | - S
19 | Corruption
20 | A lesson
21 | Episode
22 | Favourite person
23 | Dressed in death
24 | Whipped
25 | Stripped from innocence
26 | Oblivion
27 | Spooked
28 | Victim
29 | Halloween Party
30 | Arrested
31 | unmaSked
32 | Betrayal
33 | Surprises

16 | Tension

229 11 19
By hArl3writess

katherine blackthorn

Entering the Beaufort residence made reality a struggle. Being back here without party decorations up, really compliments Rome's lifestyle.

It shows that he and his family are rich. They come from money. And they aren't afraid to show it.

Expensive features are clinging to the house's concept, making it almost unbearable to be here.

"Do you want anything before we go up to my room?" Rome asks from behind me, almost startling me. "Anything to eat? Or drink?".

"A drink, please," I replied, following him to the kitchen. As we walk into the kitchen, I see a young girl sitting behind the counter, the resemblance of Rome showing.

"Rome," She hadn't looked up from her phone to notice I was also here, "Father wanted me to let you know he will be back home from his trip tomorrow." Her eyes finally averting from her phone, finally noticing my presence. "Oh-shit sorry, hi."

A chuckle fills my throat, Rome shaking his head with amusement. "Eden, this is Katherine."

"Katherine," Eden mumbles my name, something triggering her. "Aren't you the one who punched Bella?".

"Eden!" Rome warns, closing the fridge with a bottle of water in his hand.

I laugh, "Is that what I'm known for?".

"Kind off," Eden shrugs, "But that bitch deserved it. After she cheated on my brother, treating people like absolute shit, she thought she could get away with it. Until you finally shut her up."

I was looking at her with amusement. Eden really didn't like Bella, and it was shown shamelessly.

She didn't care to share her opinions, and I was thriving for it.

"Oh my god, I love your top!" Eden squeals, climbing off her stool to come towards me, "Where'd you get it?".

"That's enough," Rome shakes his head, grasping my hand to pull me away from his little sister.

"Where are you going?" Eden asks with a smug grin.

"To study."

Eden raises her eyebrows, smirking ear to ear. "Studying?".

I was being dragged away, giggles falling from my lips whilst I watched the two with amusement.

"Yes, Eden," Rome rolls his eyes, "Just studying."

"Whatever you say," Eden laughs to herself, climbing back onto the stool, "I don't want to be an aunt. Yet!".

Me and Rome walk up the stairs, both of us sharing laughs. I hadn't realised we were still holding hands until I looked down and noticed.

"Sorry," Rome apologises, pushing the door to his bedroom open.

"Don't be," I say, stepping inside to be welcomed with the familiar surroundings. An image of me having a panic attack with Rome helping me, jogs my memory.

I remember Rome being so sweet with me. He's always sweet with me.

"Sit," Rome nods to the bed, taking off his shoes before climbing onto his bed, his back pressed against the headboard.

His legs are spread whilst he searches inside his backpack, pulling out notebooks and pens.

I sit awkwardly on the side of the bed with my legs crossed and shoes still on.

I didn't want to intrude on his personal space.
Rome chuckles, "I don't bite, Kat. Whilst you're here, I want you to be comfortable."

"I am comfortable," I lied.

"Don't lie to me," Rome pats the space next to him, "You look like your going to fall off the fucking bed. Just come sit by here."

I sighed in defeat, sliding off my shoes before crawling to the space next to him. In the process, Rome had a full view off my ass, making my cheeks flush with warmth.

"Do you want to listen to something?" Rome then asked, his breath slightly deeper, and tone raspy. He grabs the remote, clicking on spotify.

"You pick," I play with my hair, "I want to know your music taste."

I watch him click his playlist, seeing familiar names of singers there; Lana Del ray, The weekend, Chase Atlantic, Kanye West, Drake, Montell Fish.

I will forever be a Chase Atlantic girl.
I love their music.

The Hills by The Weekend start to play in the background, and we both start to plan our assignment.

Adding new ideas and information to the piece.
Everything seems surreal.

I'm in Rome Beauforts mansion, both of us thriving off each other's presence. Not long ago, I couldn't stand being next to him because I know his feelings towards me.

I could play with them for a sport. But I'm choosing to change my ways.

I'm changing for the better.

Yet whenever I say that, I've never lived up to it. Every argumentative situation I've been in, proves that I'm not committed to changing.

I would love to have a chance with Rome. I genuinely would. But I need to change first.

I can't have Rome seeing the ugly parts of me.

If he liked us, he should also like the fucked up bits about us.

No! He shouldn't see me that way.
I don't want him to see me that way.

Me and Rome are having a break from writing our assignment. It's currently 6:32pm which means me and Rome have worked on this for two hours straight.

And I'm exhausted.

A chime fills my ears, my eyes following the sound it came from.

Rome starts to tap his phone, typing something to someone. "It's Scarlet," Rome announces.

"What did she say?" I asked, holding my chin up with my arms as I'm laying on my stomach in Rome's bed.

"She's asking us all to go to the theme park," Rome replied, staring at me with a smirk, "You down?".

"Of course," I smirked, "But could you drop me to mine so I could change, please?".

"Yeah," Rome rose to his feet, starting to stretch. His t-shirt rises, exposing his lower abs and the waistband of his Calvin Klein boxers.

My mouth was starting to water at the sight, and the soft groan leaving his mouth was tempting.

I climb off the bed, sauntering towards the body sized mirror to sort out my hair.

The curls have now dropped, going back to my straight natural hair. My eyes then catch Rome standing behind me like a bodyguard, his eyes can't get enough off me.

It felt like I was slightly shrinking underneath his hot stare.

"You know," I turn to face him, "It's rude to stare."

He chuckles, "And it's rude to look effortlessly mesmerising. It should be considered a crime."

Our tension was thick as ice, and it was slowly making us drawn towards each other.

Rome was starting to lean closer, and so was I. My eyes were focused on his soft lips; I've never wanted anything more than just to kiss him right now.

I was leaning closer to the point I felt his hot breath fan my lips, until an abrupt knock on the door filled our ears.

We both pulled back in fright.

"Mothers home!" Eden walked in, eating an apple.

"Eden," Rome groans, his hand sliding down his face in annoyance.

"What?" She asked, looking confused, "I thought you would've been happy."

"Just get out," He ordered.

"What is up your ass?" She asked her brother before turning to me, "Hi Katherine."

"Hi," I smiled, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Please," Rome dragged, stalking towards Eden.

"If you touch me, I will tell mother you hit me!" Eden stood her ground pathetically, obviously scared of Rome. "Fine!" Eden runs out.

I laugh, Rome closing his bedroom door.

"We should get going."

----

I'm standing in-front of the body sized mirror in my room, straightening my hair completely.

My jet black hair was the length of just past my shoulders, complementing my face shape. The colour of my eyes, aqua, draws mostly everyone's attention.

I was wearing black parachute cargo's with a black long sleeve crop top that had BASIC written in white in the middle of the top. The top was tight, clinging to my breasts better than the black lingerie bra I had on underneath. I paired the outfit with plain white air forces.

Once I'm finished straightening my hair, I gather my mini purse which had cash, my phone, and lipgloss inside.

I close my bedroom door behind me before walking down two flights of stairs, immediately walking towards the door to exit, until I'm being called by my mother, "Katherine?".

I stop in my tracks, looking behind me to lock eyes with my mother. "Yes?".

She steps out of the shadows, a plastic orange medication bottle in her hands. "Take these with you."

"I don't need them," I shake my head, opening the door to leave.

"Katherine please," My mother urges hesitatingly, "Just please take them with you. Miss Jenkins said you need to have them on you at all times."

I click my tongue, "Fine."

I grab them out of my mothers hands, and this is where I see worry lingering in my mothers iris's.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

She chuckles softly, shaking her head. "Have fun. Just be safe."

The entire situation was strange and uncomfortable. Why was my mother starting to worry for me?

Maybe she's realised that her abuse has done some damage. Maybe.

I give her a tight smile, finally exiting the house. As I'm walking towards Rome's Porsche, I stuff the medication into my bag.

I climb inside and close the door behind me, finally welcomed with comfort.

"Everything okay?" Rome asked, starting the car.
"Of course," I turned to look at him, "Why wouldn't it be."

He shrugs, his eyes sweeping over my outfit. "You're going to freeze to death, Katherine!".

I roll my eyes, the car finally moving. "I didn't own any coats that matched my outfit! I'd rather suffer than go out looking like a mismatched mess."

"Are you fucking serious?" He stared at me with judgy eyes, "I have a jacket in the back somewhere."

I'm not wearing a jacket.

"Wait," I roll down the window a little, "So who's coming?" Changing the subject.

"Scarlet obviously, Fletcher, Amber, Ellie, Bella, me and you," Rome states, but weirdly continues, "And Fletcher invited some of his friends."

"Fletcher has friends?" I asked, "How is that possible? He's an asshole."

"If you think he's an asshole, wait till you meet his friends," Rome laughs, "They are narcissistic people who think they can do whatever they want because they're supposingly mobsters."

"Ew," I cringe, "They all sound like a daddy's boy."

Rome burst out laughing, his hands tightening around the wheel. His laugh was soft and raspy, slightly croaky but it was attractive.

He is attractive.

AUTHORS NOTE
shit chapter, sorry in advance! next chapters will have a lot of things happening, can't wait to publish them!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529 34 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...
18.6K 768 21
"You will leave me when I tell you to leave me," he said to me, tears spilling out of his eyes, "do you understand?" I was so shocked that I couldn't...
293 139 10
Katherine's life has just being a mixture of the good, bad and the ugly. Thinking her life would be any better by not falling in love with any guy�...
400 19 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...