Whispers of Destiny

Bởi vampgirl06

He is feared, He is powerful, He is mysterious ***** She is calm, She is kind hearted, she is helpful ***... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
Character Sketch
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29

Part 10

545 26 19
Bởi vampgirl06

Vara checked and rechecked her bag, ensuring she had packed everything for the three-day trip. Traveling light, she carried a small knapsack and a sling purse. Vara felt restless and anxious. Her parents had departed for their village late yesterday evening. Now, all she had to do was pick up her luggage and reach Chauhan Bhawan. The entire family would be departing around 8 AM. Tarini had emphasized the importance of being on time, as Indrajeet Dada was known for his punctuality. No worries there; Vara was equally punctual. If she leaves now, she will reach their home in an hour.

She had hoped against hope that Tarini Tai's in-laws would refuse her, sparing Vara from accompanying them on the trip. This is the first time she was lying and hiding something this big from her family, just for her sister...

"Hey deva please sagla suralit par padudet" she prayed before devghar in her home.
(Oh God, let everything go smoothly)

*****

They would be traveling in a 14-seater super luxury AC mini tempo traveler. One side featured 2-seaters, while the other had single-seaters, and at the end, there were 4 seats. A TV at the front and cleverly attached speakers filled the bus with soft music.

On the first seat were Girish and Narmada, followed by Dhruv and Raina on the second seat. The third seat accommodated Roshni and a reluctant Indrajeet, as urged by Dadisa. Single seaters were occupied by Dadisa and Bajrang, and the last seats were taken by Daksh, Tarini, and Vara, with Vara in the window seat behind the single seaters. In total, there were 11 members plus the driver, and their vehicle was guarded by four security cars full of guards.

As the tempo started, Narmada aunty suggested they take God's name before beginning their journey. Daksh and Tarini both shouted "Har Har Mahadev" and "Ganpati Bappa Morya" simultaneously, then turned to each other. Almost everyone smiled, while Daksh and Tarini began bickering about whose chanting was more suitable for the occasion...

Smiling, Vara shook her head and turned to look out of the window. She loved gazing out of the speeding vehicle. It would take approximately 6 hours to reach their destination.

*****

In the first few minutes, Indra changed seats; he couldn't tolerate sitting beside Roshni with constant shoulder touching.

Now, he sits opposite Roshni and in front of Vara, his back turned towards Vara, trying to ignore the occasional chit-chat of the sisters.

The day Daksh had informed him about his blunder, Indra lost his cool. He broke the table. With great effort, he restrained himself from storming to Daksh and beating the daylights out of him. He left with a quick, "Don't follow me. I will be back when I am calm."

Even intense workouts couldn't calm his mind, so he left and came near the society where Vara stays. He had visited this house only once during Tarini and Daksh's wedding, and that too just in the living room.

Standing in shadows he wondered where her room was. He stood on the road facing her building for how long, he didn't know. Sometime in the morning, he saw her get out of the house for a morning walk. Headphones plugged in, she started walking on a nearby track, wearing track pants and a simple top. She passed him twice during her round but didn't notice him.
When she went home, he called Bajrang and ordered him to come with a car. He saw her leave for the office. He reached her office premises before her. She traveled on a local train, getting down from an autorickshaw with her friends or colleagues. He spent a whole day opposite her office, sitting in a car.
Dhruv and Raina had called him; when he didn't answer, they called Bajrang, who didn't reveal his whereabouts but assured them that he is safe. For Bajrang, his loyalties lie with Indrajeet, and he would never divulge any information without his boss's explicit permission.

She is safe... so why was he sitting here, waiting for one more glimpse of her? He didn't know, or maybe he knew but didn't wish to accept. In the evening, he saw her get out of the office with her friend...the same group with whom he saw her that day, dancing...the same boy. The boy grabbed her bag and pulled her back.

They spoke something. Vara was giving that boy a warm smile. Indrajeet gritted his teeth, and for the first time since morning, Bajrang asked with uncertainty, "Dada...sab thik toh hai?"
(Brother, is everything okay?)

Indrajeet didn't answer, just asked Bajrang to follow Vara's autorickshaw. Luckily for him, with the tinted windows of his car, being invisible was not an issue. Again, he was standing before her building when she reached her housing society. Her father was talking to a few people his age. She waited for him, and both of them entered the building.

After some time, Indrajeet saw her on the small balcony of her home, talking to someone on the phone. 'Who was it? Her boyfriend? Was she dating that boy? And what if she is? It should not matter to him.' He has been waiting here since last night without eating and drinking anything, whereas she was not even aware of his existence and probably doesn't even think about him. So why was he acting like a creepy stalker when he decided that he does not intend to pursue her? She was 21, for god's sake, a child... 'what right did he have to be possessive of her?'

The last thing he wanted was for his vision to become a reality. Hadn't he averted many disastrous outcomes with the help of his visions? Then why not this one... even as he assured himself, he had another thing running at the back of his mind... this theory had a major fault.... agreed he had averted many disastrous outcomes, but his visions have always come to reality...

When he realized that he had gained some extra powers, his emotions made him lose control over his abilities easily. Many had become victims of his uncontrollable power, and almost all of them were guilty. It was when he unintentionally hurt Dhruv and Bajrang that he worked vigorously to gain control over his emotions and, in turn, his powers.
He had taken it as a challenge. If you ask, he has managed that quite brilliantly, so if he can control his emotions back then, so can he do it now. He will squash whatever feelings he has been feeling for this girl... this was his new challenge... This trip will be his challenge, and he has never lost in any challenge...

He went home. As usual, Dhruv had made some excuses on his behalf, so the family did not question his absence. But his brother and friend were waiting for an explanation... well, he didn't wish to give any. He had briefly told them that he has some misplaced feelings for the girl but did not wish to pursue any kind of relationship with her... whatever it is, and after this trip, they won't see him act so irrationally.

He knew Dhruv and Raina were not satisfied with his answer but kept quiet. He managed to persuade Dadisa to let Vara accompany them.

He made sure to mention his displeasure to Mohit Lakhani and scared him for good.

Everything was going smoothly... Then two days before the trip, he saw a new vision... 'clasped hands... a hand with a gun...' he had woken up sweating profusely. The feeling that he got from the vision was not good... Whose hands were they? One of the hands was tan, muscled, veined, calloused—a big hand; he didn't need a rocket scientist to figure it out—it was his hand. But the hand clasped in his... a fair, soft, delicate, and tiny in his comparison... definitely a girl's... he felt uneasy... surely he was not holding Vara's hand... and more pressing matter was the gun.

He couldn't cancel the trip; his family was looking forward to it. He wasn't even sure if this vision was related to their upcoming trip. He increased the security to be taken with them. Instead of 2, there were now 4 security cars with 20 guards. He had also asked Bajrang and Dhruv to ensure that a few more guards followed them without anyone's notice. He has seen the same vision three times now... He had told the three of them about the gun in the vision but not the hand-holding part... Raina had her own two official security guards accompanying them...

*****

They took a small break for the washroom and breakfast. During breakfast, he noticed his Dadisa looked miffed. He knew the reason but couldn't find it in himself to care about it. He had agreed to come on this trip. It was more than enough for him. He can't spend any more time with Roshni. He sighed; after this trip is over, he will inform Roshni not to have any hopes from him...

"Indrajeet, look at them... Let's click pictures," Roshni tried to grab his hand, which he moved away quickly. 'How thick is this girl? Can't she understand I don't want her to touch me?' he frowned but looked to see where she was pointing, finding Daksh and Tarini standing in a couples pose in front of a tree and Vara 'what is wrong with that girl. Her clothes will get dirty...' he thought annoyed as he saw her almost sitting on the ground for the perfect shot of the couple. She was wearing dark blue jeans and a white top with a scarf and sneakers...

"Good idea," Raina nodded her head.

"I am not interested. You guys go ahead," Indra moved towards Girish uncle before Raina or Dhruv could force him to take pictures...

He noticed now Tarini, Daksh, and Vara were standing, and one of their security guards was clicking their picture.

"I feel like an oldie. Look at the three of them; they are enjoying themselves to the fullest, and we have not even clicked a picture together..." Dhruv's dramatics were on...

*****

"Alright, everyone, let's play Antakshari," Dhruv announced.

"Boys vs. girls," Tarini agreed.

Raina made a face, commenting "typical" but agreed to play.

The only non-participants were Indrajeet and Roshni, who now, angry at his constant ignorance, was checking her mobile...

No one bothered Indrajeet either, as they knew he never played these games and considers them silly...

After playing antakshari for some time, everyone was bored when suddenly Narmada and Girish asked Vara to sing... "Your voice is beautiful..."

Indra straightened... after a lot of persuasion and song suggestions, where Dhruv made a suggestion that she should again sing 'aji rooth kar ab...' winking at Indra... Vara agreed to sing a song, a favorite of Girish uncle...

Beqarar karke humein yoon na jaiye
Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye
Beqarar karke humein yoon na jaiye
Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye

Dekhiye woh kaali kaali badliyan
Zulf ki ghata churana le kahin
Chori chori aake shokh bijliyan
Aapki adaa churana le kahin
Yoon qadam akele na aage badhaiye

Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye
Beqarar karke humein yoon na jaiye
Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye

Dekhiye gulaab ki woh daaliyan
Badhke choom le na aap ke qadam
Dekhiye gulaab ki woh daaliyan
Badhke choom le na aap ke qadam
Khoye khoye bhanvre bhi hain baag mein
Koi aapko bana na le sanam
Behki behki nazaron se khud ko bachaiye

Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye
Beqarar karke humein yoon na jaiye
Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye

Zindagi ke raaste ajeeb hain
In mein is tarah chalaana kijiye
Khair hai isi mein aapki huzoor
Apna koi saathi dhoond lijiye
Sunke dil ki baat yoon na muskuraiye

Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye
Beqarar karke humein yoon na jaiye
Aapko humari kasam laut aaiye
Beqarar karke humein...
Aapko humari kasam...

Her voice, it was soothing, the feeling of calm washed over him... he closed his eyes, savoring the song...

*****

Later, a considerable amount of time had passed, and everyone was almost asleep except Bajrang and Indrajeet...

Looking at the sleeping Vara, Daksh had taken Tarini to another window seat, and now even they were sleeping in each other's arms. As Indra stood up to stretch his legs and looked behind to find Vara sleeping with her head on the window. She looked uncomfortable. Sometimes she would adjust her head on the headrest. Before realizing what he was doing, he took a seat beside her and very slowly guided her head towards his shoulder. Feeling comfortable, Vara slept soundly on his shoulder...

*****

After taking her BP medicine, Dadisa turned behind to check on everyone only to find them sleeping. Her eyes narrowed as she took in the scene before her. Her grandson, who always runs away from girls, was sitting beside Tarini's sister with her head on his shoulder... his head resting on the headrest of the seat with closed eyes. And for the first time, he looked at peace...

Dadisa turned ahead... What is going on? Indrajeet is not ready to give Roshni the time of his day and... is something going on between them? How is that possible? She had never seen her grandson interact with... what is the girl's name... yes... Vara...

*****

With a jerk, Vara woke up. Someone had pushed her head... frowning, she looked up to find Indrajeet standing before her, looking furious, but this time his glare was not directed at her but around her...

"Stay where you are," he ordered and shook his brother Dhruv awake. Bajrang was standing alert, gun ready in his hand... Vara's eyes widened in fear. She found Tarini and Daksh on the opposite side, sleeping in each other's arms. She shook her sister awake...

Everyone was suddenly alert. Dhruv was talking to someone on the phone. Raina was speaking to her personal security. Bajrang and Indrajeet were talking in hushed whispers... Daksh hurried towards his family...

"What is going on?" Just as Roshni voiced her thoughts, something slammed into their tempo from the side. Almost everyone fell down... Only Indrajeet was standing still on his two feet. "Dadisa," he steadied her. Pulling the driver from the seat, he took hold of the steering wheel. Somehow he managed to stabilize and stop the tempo.

He ordered Daksh and Raina's two security personnel to take care of the family. Indrajeet, Dhruv, Raina, Bajrang got down with guns. One of their security cars was missing... one had an accident.... only 11 guards were standing... gunshots were heard... guards were fighting.

Suddenly, someone opened the door of their traveler. The driver was shot dead. Before anyone could do anything, a gun was placed at Dadisa's head. They were ambushed. Everyone screamed... The man called all of them down, and they were cornered by a few more goons who all had guns...

One of the goons who looked like a sort of leader shouted everyone to quit and asked all the others to put down their weapons.

Vara was holding Tarini's hand. She looked terrified as the goons cornered them away from the car, pushing roughly... at least more than 30 men had fallen on the ground. Alive or dead, she didn't know...

Indra threatened, "Don't drag my family into this. You will be very sorry."

"We will see who is sorry at the end of the day. Now put down the weapons or your family dies..." Another disheveled looking man screamed back.

A few more guards entered the fight. The family members were ushered to safety. In all the chaos, Vara got separated from her sister.

Vara was cornered at the end of the road, with her and Indrajeet at one side and other family members behind them.

"Let us leave or we will kill you." One of the thugs called out sensing the ultimate defeat coming his way.

Indrajeet quickly analyzed the situation. There were 5 thugs pointing guns at him and Vara... behind them, his family members and guards with a few more thugs. The goons were outnumbered but still holding guns. There was a possibility that one of them misfired and hit his people. Finally, he saw what was needed. The police and additional backup had come for them.

"You will pay for this..." One of the men pointing a gun at him screamed. In a second, Indrajeet realized that the gun was fired, and the bullet was going to hit Vara. With his heart in throat, he dragged her out of the way. They lost balance and tumbled down...

*****

Note:

Hope you like the story. Let me know your thoughts...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

588K 26.9K 22
"Y-ye a-aap k-kya..., (W-what a-are y-you..)" I abruptly shut up as I saw him giving me a hard look through the mirror. Lowering my eyes, I tried my...
90.4K 1.9K 25
As Izuku surfs the internet to kill his boredom he finds an old reddit page. The reddit page was full of different DND characters people made. While...
336K 19.4K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး