Marvel: A New God's Reign

By AnuraagBanerjee

I am not really that good at writing a synopsis but here goes nothing, * * * Synopsis : An ordinary soul is r... More

Chapter 1: The First Triumph
Chapter 2: Life Till Now
Chapter 3: The Final Quest at the Very Start
Chapter 4: The City Truly Made for Gods
Chapter 5: The New God is a Sugar Baby
Chapter 6: A Divine grade Sugar baby
Chapter 7: Political Agendas
Chapter 8: Belief in a New God
Chapter 9: A Marvellous Medicine
Chapter 10: A Reunion (1)
Chapter 11: A Reunion (2)
Chapter 12: Men of Iron
Chapter 13: A Deal Truly from a Shark
Chapter 14: A Billionaire's Epiphany
Chapter 15: A Twist of Fate
Chapter 16: Secrets of the Baxter Building
Chapter 17: A Ruthless Bargain
Chapter 18: A Planetary Ambition
IMPORTANT! [Not a Chapter!!]
Author's Humble Note!
Chapter 19: The Perfect Face-Slapping Moment
Chapter 20: A Cruel Game Begins
Chapter 21: The Burden of Justice
Chapter 22: A Gift of Transformation
Chapter 23: Unwanted Doom
Chapter 24: The Genius Behind the Cape
Chapter 25: Visions of Revenge
Chapter 26: A New Leaf
Chapter 28: Gods and Dictators
Chapter 29: Heralding A Contract
Chapter 30: The Feral Family
Chapter 31: The Domino Effect
Chapter 32: Fortune Favors the Bold
Chapter 33: Fashioning Fear Itself
Chapter 34: Legacy of Wolves
Chapter 35: Absolute Dominance
Chapter 36: Peaceful Interlude
Chapter 37: Cosmic Convergence & Quiet Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Quest for Survival
Chapter 39: The Unwelcome Quest
Chapter 40: Clash of Titans
Chapter 41: The Hunger's Illusion
Chapter 42: Crisis Averted, Chaos Engaged
Chapter 43: A Trashy Planet
Chapter 44: A Grand Game (1)
Chapter 45: A Grand Game (2)
Chapter 46: A Grand Game (3)
Chapter 47: A Grand Game (4)
Chapter 48: A Grand Game (5)
Chapter 49: A Grand Game (6)
Chapter 50: The Grand Race for Sakaar
Chapter 51: End of the Grand Galactic Race
Chapter 52: Start of A Fledging Galactic Empire
Chapter 53: Acquiring a Living Crystal Planet
Chapter 54: Closed-door 'Cultivation' and a Lost Prince
Chapter 55: An Inner Battle and the Next Divinity
Chapter 56: Infinite Potential
Chapter 57: Awakening of the Pharaoh & Forging the Empire
Chapter 58: Oaths & Cultural Divides
Chapter 59: First Time with an Alien Warrior Princess (R-18)
Chapter 60: Mother Box - Evolution
Chapter 61: The Stark Expo Incident (1)
Chapter 62: The Stark Expo Incident (2)
Chapter 63: An Agent's Close Call with the Divine
Chapter 64: The Bargain
Chapter 65: Stopping the Iron Drone Legion
Chapter 66: A Tempting Offer
Chapter 67: Harem Hijinks & Professional Spies
Chapter 68: Baby Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
Chapter 69: Fall of a King (1)
Chapter 70: Fall of a King (2)
Chapter 71: Warehouse Warfare
Chapter 72: Fall of a King (3)

Chapter 27: Screams of the Hand Before Doom

382 22 3
By AnuraagBanerjee

---

"Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you anytime."

- L Lawliet, (Death Note)

---

<(Omniscient POV)>

'Interesting, so the supposed 'god' has noticed me. I guess I underestimated him too much. But that ultimately doesn't matter. Nobody can stand against Doom, not even the GODS.' Victor Von Doom thought as he stood on top of a skyscraper far away from the to-be battleground in his full classic armor and watched the battle that was going to begin soon.

He knew that the possibility of the meta-god Atem actually losing to the ordinary human Hand ninjas was almost next to nil but this little farce of a battle would allow him to get a good understanding of the god's powers and fighting style as well as his personality which would enable him to recognize his strengths and weaknesses as well as prepare better for next time.

Of course, the fact that he received quite a heavy reward from Hand in return for the current location of the New god also played an important role in why he even bothered to collaborate with the insignificant weaklings. After all, the extremely rare dragon bone dust he received from them would be quite useful in his mystical rituals.

'I only wanted the hyperdrive designs from Reed for my Latveria's new Mutual Destruction Doomsday plan where I intended to use it in my satellite system in a bid to destroy the entire world if any country ever dared to attack Latveria but it seems I found something much more interesting there. I wonder if he can be useful for my plans to one day free my mother's soul from 'his' clutches.' He pondered deeply.

"Ah, seems it's starting." He muttered in a deep mechanical voice as he watched the dozens of ninjas finally decide to take action against the seemingly bored god who didn't bother to hide anything or even make the first move to end it quickly since the area they were currently in was at a desolate part of the city with no soul around them.

At that moment about twenty of them took out spiky golden metal chains and used them to instantly bind and shackle him which he didn't resist at all for some reason and just stood there with an impassive face and a score of golden chains wrapped around his body.

"Those chains,... are those... adamantite? Where did they even get it? I thought the Greeks no longer traded those with anyone anymore. Even those runes ingrained in them seem to be of a magical nature, aimed to drain life force and all sorts of mystical energies from the target." Doom couldn't help but speak out as he was quite impressed with the resources the Hand was ready to splurge to take their vengeance.

It seemed that even though they were stupid enough to take on a potentially country-level being using just their brainwashed ordinary human ninjas, they still in no way were unprepared. Doom realized that those chains alone must have cost a fortune and by the look of things as well as the expression in the false god's eyes, it seemed that they were working quite well too.

'They seemed to be able to rapidly drain his energy and disperse it to the surroundings, making him weaker by the second. Maybe, I underestimated the Hand, they seem to be quite capable even though they are nothing more than just a bunch of cultists and blind brainwashed followers of a demon god, I guess then, I wouldn't need to take action against him myself after all.' He concluded.

"The chains, where did you get them? They are quite... amazing. They are not vibranium or adamantium or even Uru, yet they are as good as any of them. They would be quite useful for research purposes. However, I wonder what is the limit of divine energy they can safely absorb and disperse without breaking apart... Should we find out?" Atem finally spoke, breaking his silence, an amused and curious expression on his face.

Immediately, a red aura appeared around him and blood-red sparks of lightning-like energy began to light up at times around his muscles and hair. The runes on the chains also lighted up in conjunction with this as the chains themselves went superhot and tried to burn into his flesh, making it apparent that they were actively doing their best to suppress his power.

"5% of my current divine energy I see. That's a pretty big number and an incredible achievement for a couple of chains forged by humans using some magic metal. I wonder..., could it do 10?" He curiously murmured to himself but unfortunately, neither Dr. Doom nor any of the ninjas heard him, otherwise they would have already started to try to run away.

Soon his aura slowly increased as it began to double in intensity. He was careful not to increase his power output level too much all at once and only did it slowly since he wanted to know just how much of his raw divine energy could the chains absorb and neutralize. Now, this was just purely his energy trying to affect the chains with its bare pressure alone, he was not even directly attacking the chains by shaping his energy into various weapons or tools or explosive blasts.

With the rise of the intensity of his divine energy, the golden chains too began to 'rot' as small red spots appeared on them looking like rust.

"AAAAAAAAH" One of the red-clad ninjas screamed in pain as energy from the chains escaped and affected his body forcing it to steam while his skin developed blisters on them and his entire figure began to erode like clay. His muscles disappeared and even his bones blackened as his entire self was decreased to a bare husk of what he was before.

"What in the name of Morgna?..." Victor Von Doom could not help but mumble in surprise which was a very rare instance in his life but unfortunately, before he could complete his sentence and figure out exactly what was happening, multiple more shouts began to echo from all around the area.

"AAAA NOOOooo", "SOMEOOONE SAVEEEE", "HEEEEELP" The fate of every ninja holding the chains was the same as all of them soon experienced some of the most horrific deaths known to mankind while screaming for their lives, not even knowing how they perished.

Not just the ones holding the chains, even the Hand members who had not directly attacked him and were just waiting for the right time to attack were also forced to kneel on their knees by the natural force of his existence alone as he had stopped holding back and displayed about ten percent of his full power.

*Crack* All the golden now presently turned-red magical chains cracked together all at once with just a single flex of Atem's muscles and fell down which scared the remaining ninjas even more, so much so that a few couldn't even stop themselves from shaking in fear.

'Huh, they broke so easily? Such a waste, I thought I could take them home for research. I wouldn't have moved at all if I knew that just a slight movement of my body would force them to crack into pieces after being completely corrupted by my divine energy. I guess, my divinity of domination doesn't quite like it when I am the target of someone else's domination." Atem pondered to himself. He himself was really surprised. He had no idea that the people holding the chains would suffer such harsh consequences. He only expected the chains to break; not everyone to turn into the skeleton version of themselves.

"Perhaps, I should have controlled the output more. Well, I guess next time." Atem nervously laughed. He was not at all nervous about killing so many humans. To him, they were dead the moment they attacked him but he was worried about not being able to control his power especially since this incident could have easily happened to his friends, lovers, and subordinates as well. "Well, I guess I still have you guys to train with, so... Yoroshiku onegai shimasu (Please take care of me)." He playfully said with a large innocent grin.

"... Did he just tell the rest of the surviving Hand members to... take care of him... in Japanese?" Doom asked no one not believing what he just heard with his own ears. He was truly for the first time in his life, confused.

---

(A/N: Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter but I needed to end it there to maintain the story immersion since ending it anywhere after this point would have ruined the next chapter for you.)

Don't forget to 'vote' and 'comment' if you like the chapter.

Also, you can check out my Patreøn page as well to read ahead or to support your amazing author.

Right now I have about 20 chapters in advance there.

(My Patreon uses the new billing method which means if you pledge on the 15th of this month, you will have to pay again on the day you pledged, i.e., the 15th of the next month. So whenever you subscribe, you will get a whole month.)

patreon.com/God_Doom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
3.5K 148 6
• ☆ • soul mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ n. a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. • ☆ • "I am...
1.1M 37.4K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
911K 45.6K 71
𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐓 | ❝We were never meant to be anything except enemies.❞ IN WHICH JULIET FAWLEY AND JAMES POTTER WERE HOUSE RIVALS, STA...